Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ban the name, "unnammed"
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
It is no one's responsibility to curate your offspring lists except your own.
It is no one's responsibility to curate your offspring lists except your own.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
absolutely no support. in fact, i will never support this suggestion.

once a dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon. stop trying to police what others do with their dragons ?? like the concept isn't hard. and if "unnamed" is banned, then where does it stop? people will be all over the place trying to find names they don't like and petition to ban them. if you don't want your dragons to be named a certain way, either keep that dragon forever or exalt it with the name you want.
absolutely no support. in fact, i will never support this suggestion.

once a dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon. stop trying to police what others do with their dragons ?? like the concept isn't hard. and if "unnamed" is banned, then where does it stop? people will be all over the place trying to find names they don't like and petition to ban them. if you don't want your dragons to be named a certain way, either keep that dragon forever or exalt it with the name you want.
DmRdZYl.png
No support.

I used to sell my dragons unnamed because I literally did not give a crap about my offspring list. Unnamed, cuddlefarts, wheelbarrow (yes, it's true), whatever. But then, someone started naming my dragons "Cheeeeeeese". They bought several nests of my dragons and gave them all this terrible name. It happened more than once, over multiple days. Whoever it was is clearly a big exalter, which is fine. But for the first time ever, I really disliked seeing something in my offspring list.

Sooooo, I blocked the person and I started naming my dragons before selling them. Simple as that. I name all my dragons now. It's really not a big deal. So instead of restricting what other players can do, let's take responsibility for our own game experiences.
No support.

I used to sell my dragons unnamed because I literally did not give a crap about my offspring list. Unnamed, cuddlefarts, wheelbarrow (yes, it's true), whatever. But then, someone started naming my dragons "Cheeeeeeese". They bought several nests of my dragons and gave them all this terrible name. It happened more than once, over multiple days. Whoever it was is clearly a big exalter, which is fine. But for the first time ever, I really disliked seeing something in my offspring list.

Sooooo, I blocked the person and I started naming my dragons before selling them. Simple as that. I name all my dragons now. It's really not a big deal. So instead of restricting what other players can do, let's take responsibility for our own game experiences.
Lore shop closed for good :(
No support. If someone is genuinely harassing you then take it to staff, but some people just want unnamed dragons and you can't blame them for that. It isn't a user's responsibility to make sure you personally are fine with the name, as it's their dragon if it's in their lair.

Naming a derg off the ah unnamed isn't harassment if the user isn't doing it to spite you. If this issue bothers you that much, maybe it's time to step back and stop selling dragons.

Unnamed isn't used solely for harassment, and you just can't justify disallowing a name because it bothers you. Any name can be used to harass, and any name can be used for lore. If unnamed is banned, every name can be justified for being banned under the reason that people can use it to harass others.

I'm sorry that you've been targeted, but making a push to ban a name is too much. In individual cases report it and if it is genuinely to spite the player, you'll get the dragon back like what happened for AceofWolves. But realize that not everyone is out to get you and that might not always be the case.
No support. If someone is genuinely harassing you then take it to staff, but some people just want unnamed dragons and you can't blame them for that. It isn't a user's responsibility to make sure you personally are fine with the name, as it's their dragon if it's in their lair.

Naming a derg off the ah unnamed isn't harassment if the user isn't doing it to spite you. If this issue bothers you that much, maybe it's time to step back and stop selling dragons.

Unnamed isn't used solely for harassment, and you just can't justify disallowing a name because it bothers you. Any name can be used to harass, and any name can be used for lore. If unnamed is banned, every name can be justified for being banned under the reason that people can use it to harass others.

I'm sorry that you've been targeted, but making a push to ban a name is too much. In individual cases report it and if it is genuinely to spite the player, you'll get the dragon back like what happened for AceofWolves. But realize that not everyone is out to get you and that might not always be the case.
tOaCdAC.png2IQhSQn.png
I am quite annoyed about "Cher", though, because that's French for "Dear".

Occasionally I just can't understand why a name of mine is "Not allowed" - it's not meant to be dirty/offensive/whatever, like the above "Cher" example. Moreover, I have no wish to educate myself in obscene lexicon to figure out what was the problem!

However, if it was meant to be annoying, I should hope that I can be smarter than a regex filter and make it recognisable regardless :P And, in the same vein, I'm pretty sure that whoever wants to bother others with "Unnamed" can figure out yet another creative misspelling. So there is no point in adding yet another blacklist item.

Occasionally I just can't understand why a name of mine is "Not allowed" - it's not meant to be dirty/offensive/whatever, like the above "Cher" example. Moreover, I have no wish to educate myself in obscene lexicon to figure out what was the problem!

However, if it was meant to be annoying, I should hope that I can be smarter than a regex filter and make it recognisable regardless :P And, in the same vein, I'm pretty sure that whoever wants to bother others with "Unnamed" can figure out yet another creative misspelling. So there is no point in adding yet another blacklist item.
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
No support.
I have a dragon whose lore is built about being unnamed, she cannot fight in the coli but that's okay. She's intentionally unnamed, and if someone was to somehow borrow her and name her 'because she needed it' I would HAVE to rename her unnammed because she is meant to be that way. It would not be to harrass someone, it would be for lore. Also, I once saw a dragon (it wasn't mine but still) who was named Umamed and it was actually super cute, like a young hatchling's way of saying Unnamed. Sorry if it was someone's dragon that was used to harass them, I don't know, but frankly, in my opinion, it sounded adorable.
No support.
I have a dragon whose lore is built about being unnamed, she cannot fight in the coli but that's okay. She's intentionally unnamed, and if someone was to somehow borrow her and name her 'because she needed it' I would HAVE to rename her unnammed because she is meant to be that way. It would not be to harrass someone, it would be for lore. Also, I once saw a dragon (it wasn't mine but still) who was named Umamed and it was actually super cute, like a young hatchling's way of saying Unnamed. Sorry if it was someone's dragon that was used to harass them, I don't know, but frankly, in my opinion, it sounded adorable.
[quote name="Snowwall" date="2020-09-21 19:12:49" ] I am quite annoyed about "Cher", though, because that's French for "Dear". [/quote] i feel this one lol, there's more languages in the world than just english. hell, maybe someone wants to have a Cher fandragon. yknow. the pop artist.
Snowwall wrote on 2020-09-21 19:12:49:
i feel this one lol, there's more languages in the world than just english. hell, maybe someone wants to have a Cher fandragon. yknow. the pop artist.
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
Absolutely no support
Everyone keeps telling us to use the names 'unnammed', 'unnarned', 'unamed' because we can't actually name our dragons 'unnamed', and now we're starting to vote to ban those very names we've been told to use by the same people? Yeah I will never support something like that, sorry. You can harass people for literally any name. It's not fair at all to punish everyone who's forced to use these names for the dumb actions of some other people
Absolutely no support
Everyone keeps telling us to use the names 'unnammed', 'unnarned', 'unamed' because we can't actually name our dragons 'unnamed', and now we're starting to vote to ban those very names we've been told to use by the same people? Yeah I will never support something like that, sorry. You can harass people for literally any name. It's not fair at all to punish everyone who's forced to use these names for the dumb actions of some other people

I'm not sure whether to support or not. I want a dragon named Unammed for lore but then I realized that it could also be used for harassments.
I'm not sure whether to support or not. I want a dragon named Unammed for lore but then I realized that it could also be used for harassments.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2020-10-09 10:19:48" ] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2020-09-21 19:12:49" ] I am quite annoyed about "Cher", though, because that's French for "Dear". [/quote] i feel this one lol, there's more languages in the world than just english. hell, maybe someone wants to have a Cher fandragon. yknow. the pop artist. [/quote] Unfortunately, Cher is a real world tragedy and criminal.
Doodlepede wrote on 2020-10-09 10:19:48:
Snowwall wrote on 2020-09-21 19:12:49:
i feel this one lol, there's more languages in the world than just english. hell, maybe someone wants to have a Cher fandragon. yknow. the pop artist.
Unfortunately, Cher is a real world tragedy and criminal.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11