Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ban the name, "unnammed"
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-09-17 17:39:53" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2020-09-17 17:37:46" ] [quote]HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.[/quote] My case was reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed to the harassing name. (So I named it Jane (or whatever, I don't remember), it was named ocTOEber and then staff reverted it to Jane.) I don't know if that's a 100% thing, obviously. [/quote] The dragon in the thread OP linked is now named Flint, so I guess if you can prove harassment they might be able to go back one name or take the name you choose? [/quote] It goes back to the original name the dragon had before being renamed unless the original name was also deemed inappropriate then it goes back to the default unnamed.his real name is flint.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-09-17 17:39:53:
Almedha wrote on 2020-09-17 17:37:46:
Quote:
HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.
My case was reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed to the harassing name. (So I named it Jane (or whatever, I don't remember), it was named ocTOEber and then staff reverted it to Jane.) I don't know if that's a 100% thing, obviously.
The dragon in the thread OP linked is now named Flint, so I guess if you can prove harassment they might be able to go back one name or take the name you choose?

It goes back to the original name the dragon had before being renamed unless the original name was also deemed inappropriate then it goes back to the default unnamed.his real name is flint.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
no support for this one.

one user having a problem with one name is no reason to ban it all together. if this is a user specifically targeting you, that user needs to be dealt with. banning 'unnammed' will not solve the issue, as if they're maliciously attempting to get a rise out of you they'll just switch to another spite name.

the name itself is not the issue here, it's the intent behind it. and the intent behind it can use any name it likes as a vehicle so long as you find it aesthetically unpleasing. you're proposing a solution to a different problem than the one you're having, and while i sympathize with you (being the target of even sporadic trolling is no fun at all, i get it) the answer is to have the individuals doing it dealt with, not banning names.
no support for this one.

one user having a problem with one name is no reason to ban it all together. if this is a user specifically targeting you, that user needs to be dealt with. banning 'unnammed' will not solve the issue, as if they're maliciously attempting to get a rise out of you they'll just switch to another spite name.

the name itself is not the issue here, it's the intent behind it. and the intent behind it can use any name it likes as a vehicle so long as you find it aesthetically unpleasing. you're proposing a solution to a different problem than the one you're having, and while i sympathize with you (being the target of even sporadic trolling is no fun at all, i get it) the answer is to have the individuals doing it dealt with, not banning names.
I recently named one of my own dragons this :D I don't think I'm trying to spite myself and I would be very concerned if someone reported my dragon for harrassment
I recently named one of my own dragons this :D I don't think I'm trying to spite myself and I would be very concerned if someone reported my dragon for harrassment
[quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-09-18 20:15:56" ] [quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2020-09-17 15:51:14" ] [quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-09-17 15:17:11" ] [quote name="Drakel" date="2020-09-17 15:13:04" ] [quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-09-17 13:23:38" ] [quote name="SeaCrest" date="2020-09-17 10:49:10" ] Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround? [/quote] I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that. [/quote] Not every named dragon is being sold by someone that dislikes Unnamed. I name every dragon I sell, but that's 100% to prevent having them all named the same thing in a row if they get trained up by someone that has a template (ie. naming them all Trainee or something.) I would not mind if someone renamed any of my dragons' offspring to Unnarned, any more than I would if they were renamed to any other thing. It isn't automatically spiteful to rename that way. [/quote] True not every dragon sold is by someobe like me but it is best to assume it is....why find out through a harresment strike? [/quote] This really, REALLY sounds like your modus operandi is to report anyone who renames a dragon they bought from you something you don't like. People are not required to adhere to your aesthetic when renaming dragons they own. If you have actual evidence that someone's harassing you, report it and it'll be dealt with. Telling people that it's bad to rename dragons that they own ~just in case~ the previous owner decides to report them for renaming their OWN dragons is .....not great. [/quote] Its not my mo. Many dragons of mine have been renamed and exalted. Its just when it is THAT one its a problem. No not required but if I named a dragon," unnamed is not valid." It would also be considered harresment as it calls out and targets individuals. This is that same level. [/quote] I don't see how 'unnamedisnotvalid' would count as harassment. In fact, it strikes me as a joke. As I pointed out in my original comment, your entire argument is 'I dislike the name'. It's the same as if someone started naming hatchlings 'icecream' because they knew the seller didn't like the name. The individual player could be punished for intentional harassment (for which there needs to be sufficient evidence of intent first), but staff would be completely unreasonable to ban the name 'icecream'.
AceofWolves wrote on 2020-09-18 20:15:56:
LordJeanliness wrote on 2020-09-17 15:51:14:
AceofWolves wrote on 2020-09-17 15:17:11:
Drakel wrote on 2020-09-17 15:13:04:
AceofWolves wrote on 2020-09-17 13:23:38:
SeaCrest wrote on 2020-09-17 10:49:10:
Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround?

I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that.

Not every named dragon is being sold by someone that dislikes Unnamed. I name every dragon I sell, but that's 100% to prevent having them all named the same thing in a row if they get trained up by someone that has a template (ie. naming them all Trainee or something.) I would not mind if someone renamed any of my dragons' offspring to Unnarned, any more than I would if they were renamed to any other thing. It isn't automatically spiteful to rename that way.

True not every dragon sold is by someobe like me but it is best to assume it is....why find out through a harresment strike?

This really, REALLY sounds like your modus operandi is to report anyone who renames a dragon they bought from you something you don't like. People are not required to adhere to your aesthetic when renaming dragons they own. If you have actual evidence that someone's harassing you, report it and it'll be dealt with.

Telling people that it's bad to rename dragons that they own ~just in case~ the previous owner decides to report them for renaming their OWN dragons is .....not great.

Its not my mo. Many dragons of mine have been renamed and exalted. Its just when it is THAT one its a problem. No not required but if I named a dragon," unnamed is not valid." It would also be considered harresment as it calls out and targets individuals. This is that same level.

I don't see how 'unnamedisnotvalid' would count as harassment. In fact, it strikes me as a joke. As I pointed out in my original comment, your entire argument is 'I dislike the name'. It's the same as if someone started naming hatchlings 'icecream' because they knew the seller didn't like the name. The individual player could be punished for intentional harassment (for which there needs to be sufficient evidence of intent first), but staff would be completely unreasonable to ban the name 'icecream'.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
Absolutely no support. This would be an endless "oh, we should also ban "Unnnamed" and also "Unammmed" and...", where would it stop? The fact that some people convinced themselves Unnamed dragons are bad (they're not) is not a site wide problem, and shouldn't be "fixed" by removing some customization options from everyone else. Unnammed sounds like a perfectly okay name, and there is virtually no way to prove someone naming a dragon they bought from someone else to "spite them". It's impossible.
Absolutely no support. This would be an endless "oh, we should also ban "Unnnamed" and also "Unammmed" and...", where would it stop? The fact that some people convinced themselves Unnamed dragons are bad (they're not) is not a site wide problem, and shouldn't be "fixed" by removing some customization options from everyone else. Unnammed sounds like a perfectly okay name, and there is virtually no way to prove someone naming a dragon they bought from someone else to "spite them". It's impossible.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
[quote name="ColonelChicken" date="2020-09-19 02:56:52" ] Absolutely no support. This would be an endless "oh, we should also ban "Unnnamed" and also "Unammmed" and...", where would it stop? The fact that some people convinced themselves Unnamed dragons are bad (they're not) is not a site wide problem, and shouldn't be "fixed" by removing some customization options from everyone else. Unnammed sounds like a perfectly okay name, and there is virtually no way to prove someone naming a dragon they bought from someone else to "spite them". It's impossible. [/quote] You can’t pretend Unnamed isn’t negative when unnamed offspring [b]severely[/b] lowers the worth of a dragon. This is a basic fact of FR’s market. The majority of players care about visible unnamed in the offspring lists of their dragons. If it wasn’t a big deal, you wouldn’t see “all offspring named” in dragon advertising or “oh he’s got some Unnameds, can you go lower?” when people haggle. “Unammed”, “Unnarned”, “Unnammed”, and “Unamed” should all be banned from the naming system. Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring. They shouldn’t be able to go behind their backs and rename a dragon to specifically make it look like it says “Unnamed”. It’s just plain rude.
ColonelChicken wrote on 2020-09-19 02:56:52:

You can’t pretend Unnamed isn’t negative when unnamed offspring severely lowers the worth of a dragon. This is a basic fact of FR’s market. The majority of players care about visible unnamed in the offspring lists of their dragons. If it wasn’t a big deal, you wouldn’t see “all offspring named” in dragon advertising or “oh he’s got some Unnameds, can you go lower?” when people haggle.

“Unammed”, “Unnarned”, “Unnammed”, and “Unamed” should all be banned from the naming system. Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring. They shouldn’t be able to go behind their backs and rename a dragon to specifically make it look like it says “Unnamed”. It’s just plain rude.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-09-19 03:54:49" ] [quote name="ColonelChicken" date="2020-09-19 02:56:52" ] Absolutely no support. This would be an endless "oh, we should also ban "Unnnamed" and also "Unammmed" and...", where would it stop? The fact that some people convinced themselves Unnamed dragons are bad (they're not) is not a site wide problem, and shouldn't be "fixed" by removing some customization options from everyone else. Unnammed sounds like a perfectly okay name, and there is virtually no way to prove someone naming a dragon they bought from someone else to "spite them". It's impossible. [/quote] You can’t pretend Unnamed isn’t negative when unnamed offspring [b]severely[/b] lowers the worth of a dragon. This is a basic fact of FR’s market. The majority of players care about visible unnamed in the offspring lists of their dragons. If it wasn’t a big deal, you wouldn’t see “all offspring named” in dragon advertising or “oh he’s got some Unnameds, can you go lower?” when people haggle. “Unammed”, “Unnarned”, “Unnammed”, and “Unamed” should all be banned from the naming system. Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring. They shouldn’t be able to go behind their backs and rename a dragon to specifically make it look like it says “Unnamed”. It’s just plain rude. [/quote] 1. That’s a player problem, as in that’s the problem with the individual users perception of the name. It is not inherently bad, it’s the users who decided it was bad. Know what else lowers a dragons value? Repetitive names, joke names, keysmashes, being bred at all, etc. It doesn’t mean any of those are bad. It’s personal preference. 2. Players should be allowed to name their dragons whatever they want (within site rules ofc). [b]The desires of the seller are not the buyers problem.[/b] It’s not rude to rename your own dragons to suit your lair/lore/etc. By that logic it would be rude for me to rename a dragon named “Cutie” to “Gothic” and give it a dark lore story and black apparel, just because that isn’t what the breeder had in mind for them or because their offspring list had a “cute” theme to it. That’s just the risk you run when you sell dragons. Some of them will end up with names, lore, outfits, etc. that you won’t like. [b]It’s not my job, or anyone else’s for that matter, to maintain the offspring lists or lore of other players. [/b] [quote] Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring.[/quote] Care to point a few out? Cause I haven’t ever seen any that expressly state that they’re ok with it. You aren’t “going behind their backs”, you bought the dragon. It belongs to you. It’s been very clearly stated by staff that once you buy a dragon you can do whatever you want with it within site rules. It’s entirely within your right to name the dragon whatever you want as long as it isn’t inappropriate. Also, I should be able to buy a dragon and name it what I want. If someone is selling a unique color and gene combo that isn’t available anywhere else, contacting another user is out of the question.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-09-19 03:54:49:
ColonelChicken wrote on 2020-09-19 02:56:52:

You can’t pretend Unnamed isn’t negative when unnamed offspring severely lowers the worth of a dragon. This is a basic fact of FR’s market. The majority of players care about visible unnamed in the offspring lists of their dragons. If it wasn’t a big deal, you wouldn’t see “all offspring named” in dragon advertising or “oh he’s got some Unnameds, can you go lower?” when people haggle.

“Unammed”, “Unnarned”, “Unnammed”, and “Unamed” should all be banned from the naming system. Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring. They shouldn’t be able to go behind their backs and rename a dragon to specifically make it look like it says “Unnamed”. It’s just plain rude.
1. That’s a player problem, as in that’s the problem with the individual users perception of the name. It is not inherently bad, it’s the users who decided it was bad.
Know what else lowers a dragons value? Repetitive names, joke names, keysmashes, being bred at all, etc. It doesn’t mean any of those are bad. It’s personal preference.

2. Players should be allowed to name their dragons whatever they want (within site rules ofc).
The desires of the seller are not the buyers problem.
It’s not rude to rename your own dragons to suit your lair/lore/etc.
By that logic it would be rude for me to rename a dragon named “Cutie” to “Gothic” and give it a dark lore story and black apparel, just because that isn’t what the breeder had in mind for them or because their offspring list had a “cute” theme to it. That’s just the risk you run when you sell dragons. Some of them will end up with names, lore, outfits, etc. that you won’t like.
It’s not my job, or anyone else’s for that matter, to maintain the offspring lists or lore of other players.
Quote:
Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring.
Care to point a few out? Cause I haven’t ever seen any that expressly state that they’re ok with it.
You aren’t “going behind their backs”, you bought the dragon. It belongs to you. It’s been very clearly stated by staff that once you buy a dragon you can do whatever you want with it within site rules. It’s entirely within your right to name the dragon whatever you want as long as it isn’t inappropriate.
Also, I should be able to buy a dragon and name it what I want. If someone is selling a unique color and gene combo that isn’t available anywhere else, contacting another user is out of the question.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Most people have already summed up my thoughts on this. Users should be able to name a dragon whatever they want, once it's in their lair its up to [u]the buyer and no one else[/u] what happens to it. If the name is offensive or derogatory or being used to harass etc, then it should be reported and the user blocked. Why are you seeking to punish everyone for the actions of a few? [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-09-19 03:54:49" ] You can’t pretend Unnamed isn’t negative when unnamed offspring [b]severely[/b] lowers the worth of a dragon. This is a basic fact of FR’s market. The majority of players care about visible unnamed in the offspring lists of their dragons. If it wasn’t a big deal, you wouldn’t see “all offspring named” in dragon advertising or “oh he’s got some Unnameds, can you go lower?” when people haggle. [/quote] Dont breed or sell your dragons then. Simple. Unbred dragons are higher in value anyway if that's all you're interested in. It is not up to the buyer to keep [b]your[/b] offspring lists 'clean'. Using this logic you could very well argue that BREEDING should be banned as it lowers the value of a dragon, but that isnt fair either.
Most people have already summed up my thoughts on this.

Users should be able to name a dragon whatever they want, once it's in their lair its up to the buyer and no one else what happens to it. If the name is offensive or derogatory or being used to harass etc, then it should be reported and the user blocked.

Why are you seeking to punish everyone for the actions of a few?

Contaminate wrote on 2020-09-19 03:54:49:

Dont breed or sell your dragons then. Simple. Unbred dragons are higher in value anyway if that's all you're interested in. It is not up to the buyer to keep your offspring lists 'clean'. Using this logic you could very well argue that BREEDING should be banned as it lowers the value of a dragon, but that isnt fair either.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2020-09-19 04:45:17" ] [quote] Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring.[/quote] Care to point a few out? Cause I haven’t ever seen any that expressly state that they’re ok with it. You aren’t “going behind their backs”, you bought the dragon. It belongs to you. It’s been very clearly stated by staff that once you buy a dragon you can do whatever you want with it within site rules. It’s entirely within your right to name the dragon whatever you want as long as it isn’t inappropriate. Also, I should be able to buy a dragon and name it what I want. If someone is selling a unique color and gene combo that isn’t available anywhere else, contacting another user is out of the question. [/quote] I have no issues with unnamed dragons--many of my dragons have unnamed offspring sprinkled through their offspring list and if someone reached out wanting an unnamed offspring I'd have no issue selling them. I think Unnamed dragons make for fun lore opportunites I would have an Unnamed permanent clan member if I could train them in the coliseum. He'd be some combination of black and red, and I'd level him up to level 25 If there were two identical dragons, one with all named dragons and one with a bunch of unnamed dragons, I'd purchase the cheaper one. If anything I find offspring lists with names in all lower case or all UPPER CASE or MiXeD CaSe more objectable than Unnamed Honesty, I think the best option for the unnamed dragon issue is remove the ban on unnamed dragons in the coliseum (so it's not treated different from a named dragon), create a way to modify the way [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1754663]offspring list can be displayed[/url] (which will help with unnamed dragons and other undesired names), and make it clear that when you sell a dragon, the new owner can do anything that does not break the rules with their dragon (which will help with a rarity of complaints such as exalting, changing genes/breeds, etc that pop up on a fairly regular basis)
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2020-09-19 04:45:17:
Quote:
Someone seeking to keep a dragon without a name can go directly contact sellers who are ok with unnamed offspring.
Care to point a few out? Cause I haven’t ever seen any that expressly state that they’re ok with it.
You aren’t “going behind their backs”, you bought the dragon. It belongs to you. It’s been very clearly stated by staff that once you buy a dragon you can do whatever you want with it within site rules. It’s entirely within your right to name the dragon whatever you want as long as it isn’t inappropriate.
Also, I should be able to buy a dragon and name it what I want. If someone is selling a unique color and gene combo that isn’t available anywhere else, contacting another user is out of the question.
I have no issues with unnamed dragons--many of my dragons have unnamed offspring sprinkled through their offspring list and if someone reached out wanting an unnamed offspring I'd have no issue selling them. I think Unnamed dragons make for fun lore opportunites

I would have an Unnamed permanent clan member if I could train them in the coliseum. He'd be some combination of black and red, and I'd level him up to level 25

If there were two identical dragons, one with all named dragons and one with a bunch of unnamed dragons, I'd purchase the cheaper one. If anything I find offspring lists with names in all lower case or all UPPER CASE or MiXeD CaSe more objectable than Unnamed

Honesty, I think the best option for the unnamed dragon issue is remove the ban on unnamed dragons in the coliseum (so it's not treated different from a named dragon), create a way to modify the way offspring list can be displayed (which will help with unnamed dragons and other undesired names), and make it clear that when you sell a dragon, the new owner can do anything that does not break the rules with their dragon (which will help with a rarity of complaints such as exalting, changing genes/breeds, etc that pop up on a fairly regular basis)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I seriously want wolves banned because I'm so sick of seeing them
All jokes aside why is chernobyl banned lmao my family is from pripyat?
Anyways, why are we still doing this. Leave unnamed alone already.

I seriously want wolves banned because I'm so sick of seeing them
All jokes aside why is chernobyl banned lmao my family is from pripyat?
Anyways, why are we still doing this. Leave unnamed alone already.

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11