Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ban the name, "unnammed"
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[quote name="Tserin" date="2020-09-17 16:27:26" ] I don't know how it's unlikely that I see with my eyes something more often than something else lol. Does it definitely happen more often? I don't know. Do I see it more often? Yeah. That's not something that can be argued. 273 is really few though in the grand scheme of things. ...tbh I don't even really understand what's being argued here. [/quote] My mistake. Of course, we wouldn't see harassment cases that don't touch us personally. The fact is that a total of, like, 20 dragons are being used to train "unnarned" dragons for active users (though an unknown number of exalted "unnarned" dragons were perhaps trainers at one point in their lives), so it doesn't seem to be a pressing need for lots of people to be able to name their dragons "unnammed," of which there are only three or something silly-small like that. But I'm also not seeing a pressing need to ban this name. The only way it would be worth it to ban is if the staff is always having to revert dragons exalted with this name because of spite exalting. That's what I'm saying. And we can't know that information.
Tserin wrote on 2020-09-17 16:27:26:
I don't know how it's unlikely that I see with my eyes something more often than something else lol. Does it definitely happen more often? I don't know. Do I see it more often? Yeah. That's not something that can be argued. 273 is really few though in the grand scheme of things.

...tbh I don't even really understand what's being argued here.
My mistake. Of course, we wouldn't see harassment cases that don't touch us personally. The fact is that a total of, like, 20 dragons are being used to train "unnarned" dragons for active users (though an unknown number of exalted "unnarned" dragons were perhaps trainers at one point in their lives), so it doesn't seem to be a pressing need for lots of people to be able to name their dragons "unnammed," of which there are only three or something silly-small like that.

But I'm also not seeing a pressing need to ban this name.

The only way it would be worth it to ban is if the staff is always having to revert dragons exalted with this name because of spite exalting. That's what I'm saying. And we can't know that information.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I don't see a need to ban it either so we're arguing on the same side [insert banescalejoy laugh emoji because current emojis do not fit my desires]
I don't see a need to ban it either so we're arguing on the same side [insert banescalejoy laugh emoji because current emojis do not fit my desires]
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2020-09-17 16:36:38" ] I don't see a need to ban it either so we're arguing on the same side [insert banescalejoy laugh emoji because current emojis do not fit my desires] [/quote] Yes. I'm saying we [i]can't[/i] see a need to ban it. Only the staff has that information. I fully support banning it if the staff is reverting it for harassment purposes. And since there are 30 or fewer dragons with these names in active use, the "grand scheme of things" really applies more to the support side than the no support side. Statistically speaking, no dragons that are getting kept are being named this. So there's also really no reason not to ban it, either.
Tserin wrote on 2020-09-17 16:36:38:
Yes. I'm saying we can't see a need to ban it. Only the staff has that information.

I fully support banning it if the staff is reverting it for harassment purposes. And since there are 30 or fewer dragons with these names in active use, the "grand scheme of things" really applies more to the support side than the no support side. Statistically speaking, no dragons that are getting kept are being named this.

So there's also really no reason not to ban it, either.
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I would agree about banning it if the staff had to revert a name like every day, because it had this name and could be proven it was harassment.

But, I honestly wish that *only* names that had no other meaning/use than harassment/derogatory terms and take the others on a case by case basis, though I know why they don't.

I feel that the staff is a teensy bit too ready to ban names.
I would agree about banning it if the staff had to revert a name like every day, because it had this name and could be proven it was harassment.

But, I honestly wish that *only* names that had no other meaning/use than harassment/derogatory terms and take the others on a case by case basis, though I know why they don't.

I feel that the staff is a teensy bit too ready to ban names.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I get your point and we have the same opinion so I don't know why it's still being repeated and argued at me. I'm... not gonna continue engaging in that line of conversation because I'm really confused and it's not getting anywhere because there's nowhere to go.
I get your point and we have the same opinion so I don't know why it's still being repeated and argued at me. I'm... not gonna continue engaging in that line of conversation because I'm really confused and it's not getting anywhere because there's nowhere to go.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-09-17 16:21:37" ] It doesn't actually appear to be anybody's go-to exalt name, now that you mention it. Fifteen dragons have been exalted with that name. And only one active dragon has the name, too. This is assuming that dragons with these names aren't being reverted all the time. If the staff's spending a lot of time reverting these? Then heck yes. Ban it. But there's no way for us to know that. So, I don't know, maybe it's not even worth it. [/quote] Yeah I just checked myself, I don't see any of the exalts of unnammed that can be traced back to OP. The one offspring of theirs I did find with that name is sitting in tiny 3 dragon but seemingly active lair of a user who hasn't interacted on the forums in years apparently. I wouldn't immediately chalk that up to harassment, I'd er on the side of it being lore based with this. Edit: If I were the OP I'd be a lot more upset at whoever exalted a parent of 3 of their mains as "unnarned".
Almedha wrote on 2020-09-17 16:21:37:
It doesn't actually appear to be anybody's go-to exalt name, now that you mention it. Fifteen dragons have been exalted with that name. And only one active dragon has the name, too. This is assuming that dragons with these names aren't being reverted all the time.

If the staff's spending a lot of time reverting these? Then heck yes. Ban it. But there's no way for us to know that.

So, I don't know, maybe it's not even worth it.
Yeah I just checked myself, I don't see any of the exalts of unnammed that can be traced back to OP. The one offspring of theirs I did find with that name is sitting in tiny 3 dragon but seemingly active lair of a user who hasn't interacted on the forums in years apparently. I wouldn't immediately chalk that up to harassment, I'd er on the side of it being lore based with this.

Edit: If I were the OP I'd be a lot more upset at whoever exalted a parent of 3 of their mains as "unnarned".
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Medenadragon" date="2020-09-17 16:52:29" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2020-09-17 16:21:37" ] It doesn't actually appear to be anybody's go-to exalt name, now that you mention it. Fifteen dragons have been exalted with that name. And only one active dragon has the name, too. This is assuming that dragons with these names aren't being reverted all the time. If the staff's spending a lot of time reverting these? Then heck yes. Ban it. But there's no way for us to know that. So, I don't know, maybe it's not even worth it. [/quote] Yeah I just checked myself, I don't see any of the exalts of unnammed that can be traced back to OP. The one offspring of theirs I did find with that name is sitting in tiny 3 dragon but seemingly active lair of a user who hasn't interacted on the forums in years apparently. I wouldn't immediately chalk that up to harassment, I'd er on the side of it being lore based with this. Edit: If I were the OP I'd be a lot more upset at whoever exalted a parent of 3 of their mains as "unnarned". [/quote] Just want to point out that the dragons in question, since it was deemed harassment, would probably either be unnamed or have the name the ywere sold with. HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.
Medenadragon wrote on 2020-09-17 16:52:29:
Almedha wrote on 2020-09-17 16:21:37:
It doesn't actually appear to be anybody's go-to exalt name, now that you mention it. Fifteen dragons have been exalted with that name. And only one active dragon has the name, too. This is assuming that dragons with these names aren't being reverted all the time.

If the staff's spending a lot of time reverting these? Then heck yes. Ban it. But there's no way for us to know that.

So, I don't know, maybe it's not even worth it.
Yeah I just checked myself, I don't see any of the exalts of unnammed that can be traced back to OP. The one offspring of theirs I did find with that name is sitting in tiny 3 dragon but seemingly active lair of a user who hasn't interacted on the forums in years apparently. I wouldn't immediately chalk that up to harassment, I'd er on the side of it being lore based with this.

Edit: If I were the OP I'd be a lot more upset at whoever exalted a parent of 3 of their mains as "unnarned".
Just want to point out that the dragons in question, since it was deemed harassment, would probably either be unnamed or have the name the ywere sold with.

HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-09-17 17:10:34" ] HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed. [/quote] I believe it usually revert back to unnamed, or a default name like Daisy. I truly wonder the feasibility of staff tracking every name change on dragons without rolling back the site. Though, if it just reverts back to unnamed, then OP's point is void. Either way banning a name just because it 'can' be used as harassment isn't a good enough reason, because there are dozens of other valid reasons for players to name their dragons so. Even if they exalted them as 'unnnamed' doesn't mean they use it in a bad way; they might just want to have lore dragons that are exalted unnamed.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-09-17 17:10:34:

HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.

I believe it usually revert back to unnamed, or a default name like Daisy. I truly wonder the feasibility of staff tracking every name change on dragons without rolling back the site.

Though, if it just reverts back to unnamed, then OP's point is void. Either way banning a name just because it 'can' be used as harassment isn't a good enough reason, because there are dozens of other valid reasons for players to name their dragons so. Even if they exalted them as 'unnnamed' doesn't mean they use it in a bad way; they might just want to have lore dragons that are exalted unnamed.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote]HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.[/quote] My case was reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed to the harassing name. (So I named it Jane (or whatever, I don't remember), it was named ocTOEber and then staff reverted it to Jane.) I don't know if that's a 100% thing, obviously.
Quote:
My case was reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed to the harassing name. (So I named it Jane (or whatever, I don't remember), it was named ocTOEber and then staff reverted it to Jane.) I don't know if that's a 100% thing, obviously.
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-09-17 17:37:46" ] [quote]HArassment cases are usually reverted to Unnamed I believe, but they might be reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed.[/quote] My case was reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed to the harassing name. (So I named it Jane (or whatever, I don't remember), it was named ocTOEber and then staff reverted it to Jane.) I don't know if that's a 100% thing, obviously. [/quote] The dragon in the thread OP linked is now named Flint, so I guess if you can prove harassment they might be able to go back one name or take the name you choose?
Almedha wrote on 2020-09-17 17:37:46:
Quote:
My case was reverted to the name the dragon had before it was renamed to the harassing name. (So I named it Jane (or whatever, I don't remember), it was named ocTOEber and then staff reverted it to Jane.) I don't know if that's a 100% thing, obviously.
The dragon in the thread OP linked is now named Flint, so I guess if you can prove harassment they might be able to go back one name or take the name you choose?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11