Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ban the name, "unnammed"
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I feel this should only be applied if you are going to exalt the dragon. You can exalt dragons when it gives you the option to name them, so I feel that people that do dragon exalting should get a popup stating "Please name this dragon before exalting"
or along the lines.

Or, yes, if the name is literally "Unnamed"
I feel this should only be applied if you are going to exalt the dragon. You can exalt dragons when it gives you the option to name them, so I feel that people that do dragon exalting should get a popup stating "Please name this dragon before exalting"
or along the lines.

1TDCsJA.png xxxxxxxxxxx

kapro
she/they
-
i like dragons...
...and dinosaurs
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2020-10-09 10:19:48" ] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2020-09-21 19:12:49" ] I am quite annoyed about "Cher", though, because that's French for "Dear". [/quote] i feel this one lol, there's more languages in the world than just english. hell, maybe someone wants to have a Cher fandragon. yknow. the pop artist. [/quote] AW MAN I was thinking I wanted a Cher fandragon too (the pop singer), I didn't know the name was banned! Cher is banned, and LordFartypants isn't? Really? Dang.
Doodlepede wrote on 2020-10-09 10:19:48:
Snowwall wrote on 2020-09-21 19:12:49:
I am quite annoyed about "Cher", though, because that's French for "Dear".
i feel this one lol, there's more languages in the world than just english. hell, maybe someone wants to have a Cher fandragon. yknow. the pop artist.

AW MAN I was thinking I wanted a Cher fandragon too (the pop singer), I didn't know the name was banned! Cher is banned, and LordFartypants isn't? Really? Dang.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Nah, unfortunately I can't support this. While I think spite renaming-and-exalting is not cool, I've had it done to me, I won't do it to other people, I also think that banning Unnammed is bad. As mentioned upthread, maybe there's a valid lore reason for that (like a hatchling's way of saying Unnamed, which is cute), or maybe someone wants an unnamed dragon but dergs can't coli at present and naming a dragon "Nameless" or "Unknown" isn't quite the same. And banning Unnammed won't fix the issue of spite renaming - there are ways to get around it and use other variants.
Nah, unfortunately I can't support this. While I think spite renaming-and-exalting is not cool, I've had it done to me, I won't do it to other people, I also think that banning Unnammed is bad. As mentioned upthread, maybe there's a valid lore reason for that (like a hatchling's way of saying Unnamed, which is cute), or maybe someone wants an unnamed dragon but dergs can't coli at present and naming a dragon "Nameless" or "Unknown" isn't quite the same. And banning Unnammed won't fix the issue of spite renaming - there are ways to get around it and use other variants.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Kapro" date="2020-10-17 15:38:55" ] I feel this should only be applied if you are going to exalt the dragon. You can exalt dragons when it gives you the option to name them, so I feel that people that do dragon exalting should get a popup stating "Please name this dragon before exalting" or along the lines. Or, yes, if the name is literally "Unnamed" [/quote] Why shouldn't people be allowed to exalt unnamed dragons? it is their dragon, and they can do with it what they want.
Kapro wrote on 2020-10-17 15:38:55:
or along the lines.

Why shouldn't people be allowed to exalt unnamed dragons? it is their dragon, and they can do with it what they want.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Quote:
so I feel that people that do dragon exalting should get a popup stating "Please name this dragon before exalting"
or along the lines.

Would go against lore.

The Gods canonically don't care if the dragons joining their forces have a name or not.

Quote:
so I feel that people that do dragon exalting should get a popup stating "Please name this dragon before exalting"
or along the lines.

Would go against lore.

The Gods canonically don't care if the dragons joining their forces have a name or not.

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-10-17 17:28:43" ] Would go against lore. The Gods canonically don't care if the dragons joining their forces have a name or not. [/quote] I think it's canonically neutral. I don't think it's ever stated that they care. Because why would they. And even if it is stated, lore is not a good reason to do anything. It's a fun way to explain why something was done in-universe. But it should never alone dictate mechanics.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-10-17 17:28:43:
Would go against lore.

I think it's canonically neutral. I don't think it's ever stated that they care. Because why would they.

And even if it is stated, lore is not a good reason to do anything. It's a fun way to explain why something was done in-universe. But it should never alone dictate mechanics.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Kapro" date="2020-10-17 15:38:55" ] I feel this should only be applied if you are going to exalt the dragon. You can exalt dragons when it gives you the option to name them, so I feel that people that do dragon exalting should get a popup stating "Please name this dragon before exalting" or along the lines. Or, yes, if the name is literally "Unnamed" [/quote] There is nothing wrong with exalting unnamed, it can be done for lore reasons (unnamed dragons were stillborn, because the parents were unknown) for tracking purposes (honestly if I was able to train unnamed many of my dragons offspring would be unnamed as it would make it easier to see who is with following up or not-I far prefer Unnamed over a default exalt name) and any other purpose they wish. It’s their dragon and if they want to exalt unnamed they can. I do not think that there should be an additional pop up for unnamed dragons trying to guilt players into naming when there is nothing wrong with unnamed dragons. I wouldn’t mind if there was an extra button in the existing pop up to make it easier to name if desired but it shouldn’t be something that attempts to make it seem like that there is something wrong with unnamed dragons. The current poppy could be changed to something like this: Exalting Unnamed to the service of deity will remove them from your lair forever. They will leave behind a small some of riches they have accumulated. This action is irreversible. Do you wish to continue? (Exalt Dragon)(Cancel) (Name Before Exalting) Clicking on name before exalting would then bring up the option to name or randomize the name.
Kapro wrote on 2020-10-17 15:38:55:
or along the lines.

There is nothing wrong with exalting unnamed, it can be done for lore reasons (unnamed dragons were stillborn, because the parents were unknown) for tracking purposes (honestly if I was able to train unnamed many of my dragons offspring would be unnamed as it would make it easier to see who is with following up or not-I far prefer Unnamed over a default exalt name) and any other purpose they wish. It’s their dragon and if they want to exalt unnamed they can.

I do not think that there should be an additional pop up for unnamed dragons trying to guilt players into naming when there is nothing wrong with unnamed dragons. I wouldn’t mind if there was an extra button in the existing pop up to make it easier to name if desired but it shouldn’t be something that attempts to make it seem like that there is something wrong with unnamed dragons. The current poppy could be changed to something like this:

Exalting Unnamed to the service of deity will remove them from your lair forever. They will leave behind a small some of riches they have accumulated. This action is irreversible. Do you wish to continue?
(Exalt Dragon)(Cancel)
(Name Before Exalting)
Clicking on name before exalting would then bring up the option to name or randomize the name.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11