Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ban the name, "unnammed"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I'm on the fence. On the one hand, I do feel like a lot of dragons named this were probably named spitefully. On the other hand, I have used close to this for breeding projects before (I think my bae was Unnarned?) And for folks wanting to train an Unnamed, something like that is the closest they can get. It's one of those where I can see arguments for and against. I don't know how I feel, man.
I'm on the fence. On the one hand, I do feel like a lot of dragons named this were probably named spitefully. On the other hand, I have used close to this for breeding projects before (I think my bae was Unnarned?) And for folks wanting to train an Unnamed, something like that is the closest they can get. It's one of those where I can see arguments for and against. I don't know how I feel, man.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
[quote]With all that said, "unnammed" is ONLY used for spite/harassment to people who DONT like unnamed dragons. Like me. [/quote] Post your proof, please.
Quote:
With all that said, "unnammed" is ONLY used for spite/harassment to people who DONT like unnamed dragons. Like me.

Post your proof, please.
[quote name="ratdealer" date="2020-09-17 10:53:14" ] [quote name="SeaCrest" date="2020-09-17 10:49:10" ] Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround? [/quote] I mean, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53347360]Nameless[/url] is right there and it looks better. I’m with OP on this one, “Unnammed” is a useless addition to the naming roster [/quote]"Looking better" is a matter of opinion. For continuity, people that prefer truly unnamed dragons may prefer naming dragons 'Unnammed' so their dragons all start with U.
ratdealer wrote on 2020-09-17 10:53:14:
SeaCrest wrote on 2020-09-17 10:49:10:
Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround?

I mean, Nameless is right there and it looks better. I’m with OP on this one, “Unnammed” is a useless addition to the naming roster
"Looking better" is a matter of opinion.

For continuity, people that prefer truly unnamed dragons may prefer naming dragons 'Unnammed' so their dragons all start with U.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2020-09-17 10:49:10" ] Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround? [/quote] I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that.
Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround?

I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
[quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-09-17 13:23:38" ] I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that. [/quote] Don't sell dragons if you can't handle that someone else can name change them.
AceofWolves wrote on 2020-09-17 13:23:38:
I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that.

Don't sell dragons if you can't handle that someone else can name change them.
[quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-09-17 13:23:38" ] [quote name="SeaCrest" date="2020-09-17 10:49:10" ] Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround? [/quote] I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that. [/quote] Once they buy the dragon, it's theirs. They can rename it DoWnToClOwN or StinkySocks or Unnammed and unless you have proof that they're doing it to target you specifically, you just have to accept that that's a risk of letting the dragon out of your personal control. If you don't want """your""" dragons renamed by randos, don't sell them. Except in cases of harassment, you have no recourse for someone doing something you don't like with a dragon. Just because you don't like the name doesn't mean you're being harassed.

Once they buy the dragon, it's theirs. They can rename it DoWnToClOwN or StinkySocks or Unnammed and unless you have proof that they're doing it to target you specifically, you just have to accept that that's a risk of letting the dragon out of your personal control. If you don't want """your""" dragons renamed by randos, don't sell them. Except in cases of harassment, you have no recourse for someone doing something you don't like with a dragon. Just because you don't like the name doesn't mean you're being harassed.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-09-17 11:47:22" ] [quote]With all that said, "unnammed" is ONLY used for spite/harassment to people who DONT like unnamed dragons. Like me. [/quote] Post your proof, please. [/quote] Here you go: also do not allow names that: Target or harass other individuals. And guess what.... I WON THE CASE meaning they agreed that doing that is harassment. And I have had multiple dragons and it has always been in my favor.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-09-17 11:47:22:
Quote:
With all that said, "unnammed" is ONLY used for spite/harassment to people who DONT like unnamed dragons. Like me.

Post your proof, please.

Here you go:
also do not allow names that:
Target or harass other individuals.

And guess what.... I WON THE CASE meaning they agreed that doing that is harassment. And I have had multiple dragons and it has always been in my favor.
[quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2020-09-17 13:30:21" ] [quote name="AceofWolves" date="2020-09-17 13:23:38" ] [quote name="SeaCrest" date="2020-09-17 10:49:10" ] Do you not consider the possibility that users want unnamed dragons, but they were purchased already-named, and that this is their workaround? [/quote] I have and all I can say to that is DONT BUY NAMED DRAGON. I've had to report people 5 separate times for that. [/quote] Once they buy the dragon, it's theirs. They can rename it DoWnToClOwN or StinkySocks or Unnammed and unless you have proof that they're doing it to target you specifically, you just have to accept that that's a risk of letting the dragon out of your personal control. If you don't want """your""" dragons renamed by randos, don't sell them. Except in cases of harassment, you have no recourse for someone doing something you don't like with a dragon. Just because you don't like the name doesn't mean you're being harassed. [/quote] Then why did I WIN the the case and they change it back? And I don't sell to random any more. I always trace who bought it and have blocked some as a result of this. I post this forum....then sell a dragon named flint....then someone changed it to "unnammed" and I waited weeks for it to got back....how is that NOT harassment. Don't necro this forum please. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2832490/1#post_42692559
LordJeanliness wrote on 2020-09-17 13:30:21:

Once they buy the dragon, it's theirs. They can rename it DoWnToClOwN or StinkySocks or Unnammed and unless you have proof that they're doing it to target you specifically, you just have to accept that that's a risk of letting the dragon out of your personal control. If you don't want """your""" dragons renamed by randos, don't sell them. Except in cases of harassment, you have no recourse for someone doing something you don't like with a dragon. Just because you don't like the name doesn't mean you're being harassed.

Then why did I WIN the the case and they change it back? And I don't sell to random any more. I always trace who bought it and have blocked some as a result of this.

I post this forum....then sell a dragon named flint....then someone changed it to "unnammed" and I waited weeks for it to got back....how is that NOT harassment.

Don't necro this forum please.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2832490/1#post_42692559
This is just one example that I had but spite naming in general is bad. We can all at least agree on that....right?
This is just one example that I had but spite naming in general is bad. We can all at least agree on that....right?
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2020-09-17 10:59:15" ] If it's being used for the sole purpose of harassment, sure. If someone is harassing you by doing this then report that person. Since the name you're suggesting to be banned has two "m"s in it, I'm leaning toward that it's probably used for harassment, since exalting an unnamed dragon as is requires really no effort to do so. However as pointed out there are people, including me, who want to have a dragon named "Unnamed". In the case of my dragon I haven't named him, because he doesn't have a name. He is unnamed. I think it's much prettier of a word than other synonyms. I would love to name him that, but it won't let me, so I've just left it, but I would like to get rid of the edit name button on him so I could use him in the coli. [/quote] Original (default) unnamed is fine as that is the normal name but I specifically named my dragons to avoid that. It was harassment. I won that case.
Stormdragon wrote on 2020-09-17 10:59:15:
If it's being used for the sole purpose of harassment, sure. If someone is harassing you by doing this then report that person.

Since the name you're suggesting to be banned has two "m"s in it, I'm leaning toward that it's probably used for harassment, since exalting an unnamed dragon as is requires really no effort to do so.

However as pointed out there are people, including me, who want to have a dragon named "Unnamed". In the case of my dragon I haven't named him, because he doesn't have a name. He is unnamed. I think it's much prettier of a word than other synonyms. I would love to name him that, but it won't let me, so I've just left it, but I would like to get rid of the edit name button on him so I could use him in the coli.

Original (default) unnamed is fine as that is the normal name but I specifically named my dragons to avoid that. It was harassment. I won that case.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11