Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there wifi in Sornieth?
1 2 3 4
Like...does wifi exist or has computers be yet to be invented? Or does only Lightning flight have them? Perhaps one of each flight(like the Forums)? If so...who invented it? Did...Stormcatcher just...zap it into existence? Where's the satellites? Where's the servers? Well, what's your headcannons? I would like to share mine except I can't think of any right now except for this one: [img]https://i.ibb.co/XxWqC1G/Screen-Shot-2021-08-13-at-4-22-55-PM.png[/img] I'm sorry. I didn't get my coffee today so my photoshopping skills are slightly subpar.
Like...does wifi exist or has computers be yet to be invented? Or does only Lightning flight have them? Perhaps one of each flight(like the Forums)? If so...who invented it? Did...Stormcatcher just...zap it into existence? Where's the satellites? Where's the servers?
Well, what's your headcannons?
I would like to share mine except I can't think of any right now except for this one:
Screen-Shot-2021-08-13-at-4-22-55-PM.png
I'm sorry. I didn't get my coffee today so my photoshopping skills are slightly subpar.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
yep lightning has wifi so their dragons can always work remotely

when theyre away from the sites their boss is like 'dont u guys have phones'
yep lightning has wifi so their dragons can always work remotely

when theyre away from the sites their boss is like 'dont u guys have phones'
Z5jS3rB.png
out of all people shouldn't you know if there's wifi in the shifting expanse /j

I personally don't think dragons would have internet or anything that would use internet. How would any dragon be able to use a phone without scratching it or get all those tiny wires and circuitboards in the right place?

I personally don't think dragons would have internet or anything that would use internet. How would any dragon be able to use a phone without scratching it or get all those tiny wires and circuitboards in the right place?
Shattered Glass

Lorwolf Referral Link
Fr+2
I accept all friend requests!
Wishlist
[quote name="Rodeo" date="2021-08-13 13:25:51" ] out of all people shouldn't you know if there's wifi in the shifting expanse /j I personally don't think dragons would have internet or anything that would use internet. How would any dragon be able to use a phone without scratching it or get all those tiny wires and circuitboards in the right place? [/quote] [color=teal][s]NO I'M ON VACATION[/s][/COLOR]
Rodeo wrote on 2021-08-13 13:25:51:

NO I'M ON VACATION
AND-GOD-SAID.png
No, because that tech hasn't been invented. Tech of sornieth is only at 1920's level. So no wifi. And if there were computers, they weren't very good and were the size of entire rooms or buildings.
No, because that tech hasn't been invented. Tech of sornieth is only at 1920's level. So no wifi. And if there were computers, they weren't very good and were the size of entire rooms or buildings.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2021-08-13 13:30:08" ] No, because that tech hasn't been invented. Tech of sornieth is only at 1920's level. So no wifi. And if there were computers, they weren't very good and were the size of entire rooms or buildings. [/quote] [s]Time to change that [/s]
vihuff wrote on 2021-08-13 13:30:08:
Time to change that
AND-GOD-SAID.png
as above said, tech is somewhere to the equivalent to the 1920s at most. if there is any kind of 'connection' type thing, it would be more likely to be magical than technological. gazing crystals and the like.
as above said, tech is somewhere to the equivalent to the 1920s at most. if there is any kind of 'connection' type thing, it would be more likely to be magical than technological. gazing crystals and the like.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
Yeah I feel like the closest that you could stretch dragons having wifi within existing lore would be giving them walkie talkies. Radio tech probably exists from what staff have said but computers would still be vacuum tube monstrosities, there wouldn't even be wired internet yet don't even mention wifi. [quote name="StormcatcherHere" date="2021-08-13 13:27:56" ] [color=teal][s]NO I'M ON VACATION[/s][/COLOR] [/quote] Vacation??? Get back to work.
Yeah I feel like the closest that you could stretch dragons having wifi within existing lore would be giving them walkie talkies. Radio tech probably exists from what staff have said but computers would still be vacuum tube monstrosities, there wouldn't even be wired internet yet don't even mention wifi.
StormcatcherHere wrote on 2021-08-13 13:27:56:
NO I'M ON VACATION

Vacation??? Get back to work.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
Yes,there would.
Yes,there would.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Considering how sorneith really integrates magic with technology, I don't think it would have internet at all (not cable nor wifi), as in a world wide web of connected servers. Especially not considering the only flight to have a server at all would be lightning, if it did.

And considering the trading post, a connected worldwideweb is even more unlikely. Why would the entire continent rely on a physical place that keeps moving between parts of the map if they had full connection???

But I do think they have wireless communication through magic. Wired communication for SURE, it's canon in lightning - even if that's telegraphs. Wireless communication (basically cellphone calls) maybe could be done with magic receptors.
Considering how sorneith really integrates magic with technology, I don't think it would have internet at all (not cable nor wifi), as in a world wide web of connected servers. Especially not considering the only flight to have a server at all would be lightning, if it did.

And considering the trading post, a connected worldwideweb is even more unlikely. Why would the entire continent rely on a physical place that keeps moving between parts of the map if they had full connection???

But I do think they have wireless communication through magic. Wired communication for SURE, it's canon in lightning - even if that's telegraphs. Wireless communication (basically cellphone calls) maybe could be done with magic receptors.
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site