Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Decres' extended bestiary
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Decided to take up drawing familiars and (uncanonically) extending their bestiary entries!
Since I am a weenie baby, the extended bestiary entries may make familiars... nicer than they are in canon

also i seriously need a way to organize these be them offsite or something else... if you have any ideas let me know else the first couple a posts are gonna get VERY LONG very quick ...

These are free use for whatever you want (bios, banner, signatures whatever). No credit needed, just don't say you drew it. You have full permission to resize as needed. You can request familiars as well but there's no guarantee I'll do it. I don't take commissions or bribes, sorry :'D i have no use for money

These will vary in style and quality.

If you want a ping whens something new is added, let me know.

UPDATE PINGS:
*Tsuni, *MissFortune17, *mysticpenguin, *Ziegler, *Deathwolf555, *Omalleycat, *Finian, *Frenkle, *Starrlight, *Doughnut, *starii, *TheDragonEmperor, *AceofSpades, *raiccoon, *Kpribbit, *zzzhorses, *Island, *Kryptica, *Bluefire7991, *GoldieFazbear, *UserOfShadows, *Minxwolfie, *Automedon, *Arkanjel, *Holysnacks, *Crescentstar711, *DragonWarrior333, *MrFrenchFrybrows, *KallyPaige, *alrydae, *Failuresaurus, *AestheticOwl, *Otter112233, *Razmoose, *Eternality, *Skyfeather02, *Parda, *QuickSilvr, *Fellefan, *Generation, *BezimiennyRaptor, *Nightfleet, *Hinumi, *SnowSquad, *Bluwingskitty, *Hawktalon, *deviantdoge, *wildflowers, *Juri01, *Stormseeker, *SamIamLuvDov, *Dreamcoyote, *LiepardQueen, *Raya36, *Fizzywits, *Cut3si, *After, *superninjadragon, *TheFamily, *Spina, *okn, *Amezrou, *Decapitation, *PossessedBirb, *CallmeTrash, *ShadowStorm1404, *Wildheart25, *CrimsonEagle, *HardcoreUvula, *TempestDragon, *TIR3D, *Nevros, *Nyrath, *Peridotgem5, *Tsiegh

Decided to take up drawing familiars and (uncanonically) extending their bestiary entries!
Since I am a weenie baby, the extended bestiary entries may make familiars... nicer than they are in canon

also i seriously need a way to organize these be them offsite or something else... if you have any ideas let me know else the first couple a posts are gonna get VERY LONG very quick ...

These are free use for whatever you want (bios, banner, signatures whatever). No credit needed, just don't say you drew it. You have full permission to resize as needed. You can request familiars as well but there's no guarantee I'll do it. I don't take commissions or bribes, sorry :'D i have no use for money

These will vary in style and quality.

If you want a ping whens something new is added, let me know.

UPDATE PINGS:
*Tsuni, *MissFortune17, *mysticpenguin, *Ziegler, *Deathwolf555, *Omalleycat, *Finian, *Frenkle, *Starrlight, *Doughnut, *starii, *TheDragonEmperor, *AceofSpades, *raiccoon, *Kpribbit, *zzzhorses, *Island, *Kryptica, *Bluefire7991, *GoldieFazbear, *UserOfShadows, *Minxwolfie, *Automedon, *Arkanjel, *Holysnacks, *Crescentstar711, *DragonWarrior333, *MrFrenchFrybrows, *KallyPaige, *alrydae, *Failuresaurus, *AestheticOwl, *Otter112233, *Razmoose, *Eternality, *Skyfeather02, *Parda, *QuickSilvr, *Fellefan, *Generation, *BezimiennyRaptor, *Nightfleet, *Hinumi, *SnowSquad, *Bluwingskitty, *Hawktalon, *deviantdoge, *wildflowers, *Juri01, *Stormseeker, *SamIamLuvDov, *Dreamcoyote, *LiepardQueen, *Raya36, *Fizzywits, *Cut3si, *After, *superninjadragon, *TheFamily, *Spina, *okn, *Amezrou, *Decapitation, *PossessedBirb, *CallmeTrash, *ShadowStorm1404, *Wildheart25, *CrimsonEagle, *HardcoreUvula, *TempestDragon, *TIR3D, *Nevros, *Nyrath, *Peridotgem5, *Tsiegh

[center] [item=ignited imp][b]IGNITED IMP[/b] [i]Imps are notorious for seeking an evil overlord to follow. Left to their own devices, these creatures' unchecked mischief can cause a lot of damage. While known for their pranks and tomfoolery, they do not knowingly cause physical harm to those who have not wronged them.[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/R8Ik4Pf.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/HeQsKmV.png[/img][/center] ----- [center] [item=nightfall imp] [b]NIGHTFALL IMP[/b] [i]Often seen where lava meets the sea, these elusive imps use the guise of smoke to befuddle assailants, or even trick them into falling into the boiling water off the coast- however if you present a gift or service to the imps to befriend them, you can rest easy knowing they'll be misguiding your assailants instead of you.[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xdWfSpZ.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/r1chUSm.png[/img] ------ [center] [item=flora cerdae] [b]FLORA CERDAE[/b] [i]As calm and majestic as cerdae look, they must routinely spar to wear down their horns, which grow at an alarmingly fast rate. Dragons find their longer horns to be unsightly, and since they become brittle as they grow longer and older, they are generally not hunted for their horns unless the cerdae is still young.[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t50HZS0.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/hxwQQRa.png[/img][/center] ----- [center] [item=glitterfreeze ambassador][b]GLITTERFREEZE AMBASSADOR[/b] [i]The Longneck of the Southern Icefield have a storied history of coexisting with dragonkind, and many are happy to guide trekking clans through the most dangerous mountain passes. They do, however, pick up quickly on unkind and impolite gestures and will act accordingly if they feel they're not being treated with respect. Despite this, they are generally willing to accept sincere apologies- sometimes even more than once.[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jMZo83v.png[/img] ----- [center] [item=longneck lampooner][b]LONGNECK LAMPOONER[/b] [i]Most Longneck clans are peaceful, but if you look hard enough, one can find a handful that use this preconception to nefarious ends. These glitterfreeze counterparts are subject to their moods and may lead you astray if they are feeling irritable. There are accounts of them disappearing while guiding dragons through the mountains, never to return.[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/BGBpwCt.png[/img] ----- [center][item=roundhorn rager][b]ROUNDHORN RAGER[/b] [i]Empowered by revenge and a strong jolt of electrical energy, this rampaging beast will stop at nothing to trample its would-be captors. Its vengeful disposition towards dragons is virulently contrasted by its drive to help other familiars that find themselves in unfavorable predicaments. Ragers are also known to show compassion toward abandoned and lost baby dragons, as well as smaller dragon breeds. Likewise, it finds larger dragons- and even larger familiars- are a threat to its safety and will attack without warning. [img]https://i.imgur.com/oKYvvkT.png[/img] ----- [item=unburdened billy] [b]UNBURDENED BILLY[/b] [i]A domestication effort gone awry, this totally-not-tamed-at-all Rambra is out for vengeance. These rambras are known for their sheer strength moreso than their electrical counterparts. While normally atypical to befriend them, it is certainly possible to calm them down temporarily by offering them food. However, the unburdened billy sirprisingly is known to bolster a meat-based diet as opposed to a vegetable based one. Steer clear![/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/1Ll0mQu.png[/img] ----- [item=four-eyed phylactery] [b]FOUR-EYED PHYLACTERY[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/AImISav.png[/img] [i]Someone in your lair picked up this "haunted doll" as a gift in the easternmost bay of the realm. The seaside hawker claimed it was (quote): "Very independent! Do not try to pin this doll down!". The hawker's enthusiasm in rehoming the doll was temporarily offputting until you realized one dragon's trash is another dragon's treasure, and now you've got a new friend![/i] ----- [item=pinpush mirror doll] [b]PINPUSH MIRROR DOLL[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/mIqT9xA.png[/img] [i]Imbued with the magic of other neglected items caught in the same hoard pile as it was, this doll was brought to life... with possible a little too much gusto, so please be careful. He's got teeth as sharp as the real deal. This couldn't possibly work... could it?[/i] ----- [item=sorrel gryphlet] [b]SORREL GRYPHLET[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/GBQZhGS.png[/img] [i]Gryphlets are a variety of gryphon that retain a hatchling's proportions and disposition even into adulthood. This tends to make them good companions for young dragons who lose interest in familiars once they're no longer small and cute. Despite the Sorrel Gryphlet maintaining its proportions through adulthood, it still continually grows in size throughout the entirety of its whole lifespan, sometimes growing large enough to rival skydancer and snapper dragons in size. If cared for correctly, this one could grow to be even larger.[/i] ----- [item=superb gryphlet] [b]SUPERB GRYPHLET[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/H9spndN.png[/img] [i]This plush, round gryphlet is a different story when soaking wet. When young, the Superb Gryphlet's coat shields them from water; however, a matured gryphlet's coat will retain up to eight times its dry body weight in water. This doesn't seem to slow the gryphlets down- in fact they're known for soaking themselves to the bone and then charging into other creatures for harmless fun. Watch out![/i] ----- [item=mindless flight] [b]MINDLESS FLIGHT[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Tbk7EJk.png[/img] [i]Swift, strong, and without any sense of direction. It's said that if you've laid eyes upon it, it's seen you as well; and the image of it will be burned into your mind for all eternity. That is to say: if you have seen it, it's already too late.[/i] ----- [item=foolish prince] [b]FOOLISH PRINCE[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/NtwyT16.png[/img] [i] A wise leader must never lose their head. A foolish one will will be immortalised for doing so. This particular familiar has decided you won't forget about them.[/i]
Ignited Imp IGNITED IMP
Imps are notorious for seeking an evil overlord to follow. Left to their own devices, these creatures' unchecked mischief can cause a lot of damage. While known for their pranks and tomfoolery, they do not knowingly cause physical harm to those who have not wronged them.

R8Ik4Pf.png

HeQsKmV.png

Nightfall Imp NIGHTFALL IMP
Often seen where lava meets the sea, these elusive imps use the guise of smoke to befuddle assailants, or even trick them into falling into the boiling water off the coast- however if you present a gift or service to the imps to befriend them, you can rest easy knowing they'll be misguiding your assailants instead of you.

xdWfSpZ.png

r1chUSm.png

Flora Cerdae FLORA CERDAE
As calm and majestic as cerdae look, they must routinely spar to wear down their horns, which grow at an alarmingly fast rate. Dragons find their longer horns to be unsightly, and since they become brittle as they grow longer and older, they are generally not hunted for their horns unless the cerdae is still young.

t50HZS0.png

hxwQQRa.png

Glitterfreeze Ambassador GLITTERFREEZE AMBASSADOR
The Longneck of the Southern Icefield have a storied history of coexisting with dragonkind, and many are happy to guide trekking clans through the most dangerous mountain passes. They do, however, pick up quickly on unkind and impolite gestures and will act accordingly if they feel they're not being treated with respect. Despite this, they are generally willing to accept sincere apologies- sometimes even more than once.
jMZo83v.png

Longneck Lampooner LONGNECK LAMPOONER
Most Longneck clans are peaceful, but if you look hard enough, one can find a handful that use this preconception to nefarious ends. These glitterfreeze counterparts are subject to their moods and may lead you astray if they are feeling irritable. There are accounts of them disappearing while guiding dragons through the mountains, never to return.

BGBpwCt.png

Roundhorn Rager ROUNDHORN RAGER
Empowered by revenge and a strong jolt of electrical energy, this rampaging beast will stop at nothing to trample its would-be captors. Its vengeful disposition towards dragons is virulently contrasted by its drive to help other familiars that find themselves in unfavorable predicaments. Ragers are also known to show compassion toward abandoned and lost baby dragons, as well as smaller dragon breeds. Likewise, it finds larger dragons- and even larger familiars- are a threat to its safety and will attack without warning.

oKYvvkT.png

Unburdened Billy UNBURDENED BILLY
A domestication effort gone awry, this totally-not-tamed-at-all Rambra is out for vengeance. These rambras are known for their sheer strength moreso than their electrical counterparts. While normally atypical to befriend them, it is certainly possible to calm them down temporarily by offering them food. However, the unburdened billy sirprisingly is known to bolster a meat-based diet as opposed to a vegetable based one. Steer clear!

1Ll0mQu.png

Four-Eyed Phylactery FOUR-EYED PHYLACTERY

AImISav.png

Someone in your lair picked up this "haunted doll" as a gift in the easternmost bay of the realm. The seaside hawker claimed it was (quote): "Very independent! Do not try to pin this doll down!". The hawker's enthusiasm in rehoming the doll was temporarily offputting until you realized one dragon's trash is another dragon's treasure, and now you've got a new friend!

Pinpush Mirror Doll PINPUSH MIRROR DOLL

mIqT9xA.png

Imbued with the magic of other neglected items caught in the same hoard pile as it was, this doll was brought to life... with possible a little too much gusto, so please be careful. He's got teeth as sharp as the real deal. This couldn't possibly work... could it?

Sorrel Gryphlet SORREL GRYPHLET

GBQZhGS.png

Gryphlets are a variety of gryphon that retain a hatchling's proportions and disposition even into adulthood. This tends to make them good companions for young dragons who lose interest in familiars once they're no longer small and cute. Despite the Sorrel Gryphlet maintaining its proportions through adulthood, it still continually grows in size throughout the entirety of its whole lifespan, sometimes growing large enough to rival skydancer and snapper dragons in size.
If cared for correctly, this one could grow to be even larger.

Superb Gryphlet SUPERB GRYPHLET

H9spndN.png

This plush, round gryphlet is a different story when soaking wet. When young, the Superb Gryphlet's coat shields them from water; however, a matured gryphlet's coat will retain up to eight times its dry body weight in water. This doesn't seem to slow the gryphlets down- in fact they're known for soaking themselves to the bone and then charging into other creatures for harmless fun.
Watch out!

Mindless Flight MINDLESS FLIGHT

Tbk7EJk.png

Swift, strong, and without any sense of direction. It's said that if you've laid eyes upon it, it's seen you as well; and the image of it will be burned into your mind for all eternity. That is to say: if you have seen it, it's already too late.

Foolish Prince FOOLISH PRINCE

NtwyT16.png

A wise leader must never lose their head. A foolish one will will be immortalised for doing so.
This particular familiar has decided you won't forget about them.

(saved post)
(saved post)
ONE LAST SAVED POST, since rollover hit RIGHT as i was doing these
ONE LAST SAVED POST, since rollover hit RIGHT as i was doing these
0-0 (in shock)
Your art....is SO good....;-; Glad i clicked this post!! I would love to be on the update pings please:D I love your style....aarrgghhh.....so good.....
0-0 (in shock)
Your art....is SO good....;-; Glad i clicked this post!! I would love to be on the update pings please:D I love your style....aarrgghhh.....so good.....
Mffhimz.png
@chespin these are amamzing your art is gorgeous! Could I please be put on the update list? Thank you :)
@chespin these are amamzing your art is gorgeous! Could I please be put on the update list? Thank you :)
@chespin

Could I be put on the update list?
@chespin

Could I be put on the update list?
Check out the Sales tab in my lair! It's full of gen 1s!

Water my plants?
1122832.png1123143.png1122971.png
@chespin
May I be added to both the update and live pinglist?
@chespin
May I be added to both the update and live pinglist?
HGBPnHo.gifHUFXnxA.gifx6tLzHx.giffMiaihJ.gif
@chespin

Oh wow! That's so good! Could I be added to the update pinglist?
@chespin

Oh wow! That's so good! Could I be added to the update pinglist?
Hello
All added to the requested pinglists. Thanks :D
All added to the requested pinglists. Thanks :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18