Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TC] Cursed Dice Dungeon Crawl - [Ended]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
@Disillusionist I'm fine with PMs! Fox isn't around for me to speak for at the moment, so she'll have to confirm her preference when she sees this.
@Disillusionist I'm fine with PMs! Fox isn't around for me to speak for at the moment, so she'll have to confirm her preference when she sees this.
BXPyae5.pngNZB3p5y.pngoY137o1.pngk3mMRuO.gifcc017739dd0c59a2fc508a5dbaed0523ee09bd95.png
Username: Nargeorgicorn
Day of the week: Sunday
Choice: D
Roleplay:

Crystalline huffed in annoyance. Now was definitely not a great time for him to be gone, but whatever. He'd deal with it. The wildclaw cautiously approached the door, pulling back slightly when he heard the scratching. Whatever was in there could be dangerous, and since he didn't have any armor or weapons on him other than his own claws, it'd be a gamble to go in. Still, though, he'd rather fight something head on than face whatever unknown thing was down those dark stairs...
In the end, logic won out, and with a sigh, Crys warily started down the stairs, eyes peeled for any sort of danger.
Username: Nargeorgicorn
Choice: D
Roleplay:

Crystalline huffed in annoyance. Now was definitely not a great time for him to be gone, but whatever. He'd deal with it. The wildclaw cautiously approached the door, pulling back slightly when he heard the scratching. Whatever was in there could be dangerous, and since he didn't have any armor or weapons on him other than his own claws, it'd be a gamble to go in. Still, though, he'd rather fight something head on than face whatever unknown thing was down those dark stairs...
In the end, logic won out, and with a sigh, Crys warily started down the stairs, eyes peeled for any sort of danger.
Username: Stanzascale Day of the week: Sunday Choice: C Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812948][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8130/812948_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Was it possible for something to have addictive qualities without being imbibed? Eada had known the occasional individual to be dedicated to the adventuring life without apparent reason. It hadn't been all that long ago when she'd caved to her brother's insistence that they explore a chasm in the Shifting Expanse and encountered strange and wondrous creatures and treasures. A glimpse of the Mother of Secrets immediately threw the Skydancer into the scenario once again. Perhaps to adventure, whether once or several times, was to show the gods some willingness to be flung into the unpredictable? Such musings were unimportant for now. Maybe Eada would have an opportunity to grab a written rumour or trinket, but first she was going to get away from whatever was scratching at that door. As one who hatched in shadows, Eada decided to try avoid the notice of anything potentially hostile on this occasion. The Skydancer headed for the stairs, making use of candles to ensure no traps escaped her notice in the darkness. ~~~ Would it be possible to meet another dragon who fell through one of these portals, or who was touched by the creature described in the hub, while adventuring (basically I'm considering having Eada encounter another of my characters at some point before they travel onward together)?
Username: Stanzascale
Choice: C
Roleplay:
812948_350.png

Was it possible for something to have addictive qualities without being imbibed? Eada had known the occasional individual to be dedicated to the adventuring life without apparent reason.
It hadn't been all that long ago when she'd caved to her brother's insistence that they explore a chasm in the Shifting Expanse and encountered strange and wondrous creatures and treasures. A glimpse of the Mother of Secrets immediately threw the Skydancer into the scenario once again. Perhaps to adventure, whether once or several times, was to show the gods some willingness to be flung into the unpredictable?

Such musings were unimportant for now. Maybe Eada would have an opportunity to grab a written rumour or trinket, but first she was going to get away from whatever was scratching at that door. As one who hatched in shadows, Eada decided to try avoid the notice of anything potentially hostile on this occasion. The Skydancer headed for the stairs, making use of candles to ensure no traps escaped her notice in the darkness.

~~~

Would it be possible to meet another dragon who fell through one of these portals, or who was touched by the creature described in the hub, while adventuring (basically I'm considering having Eada encounter another of my characters at some point before they travel onward together)?
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Username: Xolrit
Username: Xolrit
70597832_mj2jhuMDaChTzgC.png70598060_WQuatuG4o79dMxD.png
[b]Username:[/b] Thewarywatcher13 [b]Day of the week:[/b] Sunday [b]Choice:[/b] d. [b]Roleplay:[/b] Xolotl | chaotic neutral | sorcerer or something similar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2414739] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/24148/2414739.png[/img][/url] Xolotl had hoped for a quiet visit to the Wood this Trickmurk Circus, but knowing his homeland and the name of the holiday, it was perhaps too much to hope for. [i]Very well,[/i] he’d see where this strange portal has taken him and find himself some hidden glen later, so that he might rest away from all the cries and cheers of crowded Circus. There ought to be some way to get back to where he was. He cast a sidelong glance at the door on his right. Not particularly inviting, was it? A fight didn’t seem particularly appealing just then, and there was no guarantee that whatever was behind the door knew he was there, anyway. He’d sooner lay low until he knew more about his situation. The skydancer turned left and slunk down the stairs as quietly as his gembond would allow. It didn’t even occur to him to seek a light source- he was too accustomed to the dark.
Username: Thewarywatcher13
Choice: d.
Roleplay:

Xolotl | chaotic neutral | sorcerer or something similar

2414739.png

Xolotl had hoped for a quiet visit to the Wood this Trickmurk Circus, but knowing his homeland and the name of the holiday, it was perhaps too much to hope for. Very well, he’d see where this strange portal has taken him and find himself some hidden glen later, so that he might rest away from all the cries and cheers of crowded Circus. There ought to be some way to get back to where he was. He cast a sidelong glance at the door on his right. Not particularly inviting, was it? A fight didn’t seem particularly appealing just then, and there was no guarantee that whatever was behind the door knew he was there, anyway. He’d sooner lay low until he knew more about his situation. The skydancer turned left and slunk down the stairs as quietly as his gembond would allow. It didn’t even occur to him to seek a light source- he was too accustomed to the dark.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
Username: TheImmatureGuy
Choice: (letter) c
Username: TheImmatureGuy
Choice: (letter) c
Username: Zamirathe Day of the week: Sunday Choice: d Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8925238] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89253/8925238_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Idalyn had decided to return for Trickmurk despite her better judgement. A trickster cleric among other tricksters was not always a good idea. She had been enjoying the festival up until the point that she got sucked onto this plane with no way home. [i]I knew I should've gone the other direction as soon as I saw the Shadowbinder.[/i] She thinks, but collects herself once more. She is a cleric of the realm, so therefore she must not question why she got dragged along behind. As her home is in the light domain, this area is a little to dark for her liking and so she casts Light on herself just enough so that it gives her a glow and a way to light her path. The door looks intriguing, and listening she hears the scratching behind it and shakes her head. It might be something needing help, but only her mace on her belt and the shield over one arm isn't going to do much here. She has no other means of defense except to disappear. "I'll come back for you." She whispers to the door and turns around. Finding no other way out except for the staircase down, she walks slowly down letting her magical glow light the way. OOC: Idalyn is a level 3 Trickster Cleric with a Chaotic Neutral alignment. She does things her way, and more often than not does things completely contrary and unexpected to any group she is traveling with. I am DM in real life for D&D and have even created her character sheet, though as of yet not figured out how to neatly put it into her bio.
Username: Zamirathe
Choice: d
Roleplay:

Idalyn had decided to return for Trickmurk despite her better judgement. A trickster cleric among other tricksters was not always a good idea. She had been enjoying the festival up until the point that she got sucked onto this plane with no way home. I knew I should've gone the other direction as soon as I saw the Shadowbinder. She thinks, but collects herself once more. She is a cleric of the realm, so therefore she must not question why she got dragged along behind.

As her home is in the light domain, this area is a little to dark for her liking and so she casts Light on herself just enough so that it gives her a glow and a way to light her path. The door looks intriguing, and listening she hears the scratching behind it and shakes her head. It might be something needing help, but only her mace on her belt and the shield over one arm isn't going to do much here. She has no other means of defense except to disappear. "I'll come back for you." She whispers to the door and turns around. Finding no other way out except for the staircase down, she walks slowly down letting her magical glow light the way.

OOC: Idalyn is a level 3 Trickster Cleric with a Chaotic Neutral alignment. She does things her way, and more often than not does things completely contrary and unexpected to any group she is traveling with.

I am DM in real life for D&D and have even created her character sheet, though as of yet not figured out how to neatly put it into her bio.
light-item-shop-button.png
Username: [b]Juri01[/b] Day of the week: [b]Sunday[/b] Choice: [b]C[/b] Roleplay: [b]Eiriol [/b]is a [i]'true'[/i] trickster, who just loves his scams and Magic Cards. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=111431&tab=dragon&did=49533095][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41646734&skin=16383&apparel=21571,19710&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=7][font=Comic Sans MS][b]Travel Journal [/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/48f3/f/2011/208/a/b/divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 1 - Arrival[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: Feb 24, 2019 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: [s]The Tangled Woods[/s] ...or not?[/indent] As you all know I'm a little trickster who just loves to do his thing. So it should come with no surprise that the Trickmurk Circus is my favorite festival of the year! I was just on my way to meet up with some friends as I noticed something strange happening right above my head. First, there was this strange change in the shadows -- quite the unpleasant feeling I can assure you! Then I saw the Shadowbinder leap into that gigantic, strange shadowy ... well, [i]thing [/i]in the air. Thinking back now it must have been a portal of some sort, 'cause just as I was turning away -- not to get in anyone's way -- that thing was actually starting to pull me in! I feared of losing some my Magic Cards if I resisted and so I just gave up, letting myself be blown away. Once the flash from the portal cleared I was all alone [i]somewhere[/i], but at least none of my cards got missing. Still, it also meant I had to find some sort of return ticket to get home. But Shadowbinder was nowhere to be seen. When I started looking around I noticed all these amazing looking amethysts! The room I stranded in was filled with them and some were actually labelled! The one with 'holder's lair' written beneath it actually showed my place back home when I touched it! But it wasn't for long I found myself back in that small room again. It must have been too small to just transport me and my Cards back. I decided to take another look around when I noticed a closed door to my right and a very dark staircase winding down to the left. Luckily, I remembered I was still carrying some candles. I had planned to use them in my next [s]scheme[/s] expert consultation, but they had to serve their purpose earlier than planned. They did a great job lightning up the dark staircase. And down, and down, and down... I went. [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [center]Day 1 / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/13#post_37891389]Day 2[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/23#post_37910756]Day 3[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/30#post_37925836]Day 4[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/37#post_37937649]Day 5[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/43#post_37945327]Day 6[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/50#post_37957127]Day 7[/url] / Day 8 > [/center]
Username: Juri01

Roleplay: Eiriol is a 'true' trickster, who just loves his scams and Magic Cards.
dragon?did=41646734&skin=16383&apparel=21571,19710&xt=dressing.png

Travel Journal
divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png

Entry 1 - Arrival
Date: Feb 24, 2019

As you all know I'm a little trickster who just loves to do his thing. So it should come with no surprise that the Trickmurk Circus is my favorite festival of the year! I was just on my way to meet up with some friends as I noticed something strange happening right above my head. First, there was this strange change in the shadows -- quite the unpleasant feeling I can assure you! Then I saw the Shadowbinder leap into that gigantic, strange shadowy ... well, thing in the air. Thinking back now it must have been a portal of some sort, 'cause just as I was turning away -- not to get in anyone's way -- that thing was actually starting to pull me in! I feared of losing some my Magic Cards if I resisted and so I just gave up, letting myself be blown away.

Once the flash from the portal cleared I was all alone somewhere, but at least none of my cards got missing. Still, it also meant I had to find some sort of return ticket to get home. But Shadowbinder was nowhere to be seen. When I started looking around I noticed all these amazing looking amethysts! The room I stranded in was filled with them and some were actually labelled! The one with 'holder's lair' written beneath it actually showed my place back home when I touched it! But it wasn't for long I found myself back in that small room again. It must have been too small to just transport me and my Cards back. I decided to take another look around when I noticed a closed door to my right and a very dark staircase winding down to the left.

Luckily, I remembered I was still carrying some candles. I had planned to use them in my next scheme expert consultation, but they had to serve their purpose earlier than planned. They did a great job lightning up the dark staircase. And down, and down, and down... I went.
divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png
Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4 / Day 5 / Day 6 / Day 7 / Day 8 >
@Zamirathe Have you seen these by chance? There aren't too many folks with DnD-type bio coding in mind that I've found, but I rather like their alignment icons. :)
@Zamirathe Have you seen these by chance? There aren't too many folks with DnD-type bio coding in mind that I've found, but I rather like their alignment icons. :)
BXPyae5.pngNZB3p5y.pngoY137o1.pngk3mMRuO.gifcc017739dd0c59a2fc508a5dbaed0523ee09bd95.png
Username: tigressRising Day of the week: Sunday Choice: c Roleplay: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15935751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/159358/15935751_350.png[/img] [/url] Coppice paced across the room as she considered her options, tail twitching with nervous energy. Having served as her clan's Shadow Representative for most of her adult life, she had been extremely looking forward to celebrating Trickmurk Circus in the Tangled Wood and meeting the Shadowbinder. But to see the deity completely ignore the festivities and play a tabletop game instead... Well, Coppice knew that Shadowbinder was capricious, but she couldn't help but feel disappointed anyways. So when Coppice had seen the Shadowbinder jump into a mysterious portal, she couldn't help but be curious and follow her. Now Coppice was stuck between two choices, trying to figure out which path would lead her back to safety. She finally decided to take the staircase down, figuring it would be safer than trying to get past whatever was scratching behind the door. She took several candles with her as an extra precaution - while her Shadow eyes could see through the dark easily, Coppice hadn't been raised in the Tangled Wood but in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, so she wouldn't be familiar with any illusions that might lead her astray.
Username: tigressRising
Choice: c
Roleplay:

15935751_350.png

Coppice paced across the room as she considered her options, tail twitching with nervous energy. Having served as her clan's Shadow Representative for most of her adult life, she had been extremely looking forward to celebrating Trickmurk Circus in the Tangled Wood and meeting the Shadowbinder. But to see the deity completely ignore the festivities and play a tabletop game instead... Well, Coppice knew that Shadowbinder was capricious, but she couldn't help but feel disappointed anyways.

So when Coppice had seen the Shadowbinder jump into a mysterious portal, she couldn't help but be curious and follow her. Now Coppice was stuck between two choices, trying to figure out which path would lead her back to safety.

She finally decided to take the staircase down, figuring it would be safer than trying to get past whatever was scratching behind the door. She took several candles with her as an extra precaution - while her Shadow eyes could see through the dark easily, Coppice hadn't been raised in the Tangled Wood but in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, so she wouldn't be familiar with any illusions that might lead her astray.
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58