Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Nestor - Story Collector [traveling bog]
1 2 3 4
[center][color=#99520b][size=7][font=Papyrus] N E S T O R [/size] [size=5][font=Papyrus]Collector of stories[/size][/font][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32052533] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/320526/32052533_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Nestor was born and raised near the Twisting Crescendo and had a carefree childhood. The young dragon has spend many hours inside the clan's library. Since forever, he'd loved to read stories and tales about dragon history, adventures... well, he loved to read any kind of book he could get his hands on. [center][size=4][i]However, at a certain point the young dragon wanted to get away from his dusty book collection, so he could travel Sornieth and gather stories for his very own storybook![/i][/size][/center] Nestor set off to his voyage, riding the wind to whatever place it would carry him. The young traveler started to visit clans all over Sornieth; and when he was able to find shelter with them, he attentively listened to their tales (past-present-children's stories-...) while carefully writing them down in his journal. [center][size=4][b]Maybe he's allowed to come over at your place to hear some of your clan's stories?[/b][/size][/center] [indent][size=4][color=#99520b][b]Rules:[/b][/color][/size][/indent] 1. Hopefully, this does not need to be said--but please [b]DO NOT exalt or resell [/b]Nestor! That’d just end the whole game and ruins the fun for everyone! Please, take good care of my dragon and give it back to me at a certain point. Thank you very much!! :3 2. [b]Send [/b]in an [b]invitation [/b]so that Nestor knows where to go next. You will be added to his traveler list and when it’s your turn, I’ll send the traveler your way. Note: [u]Do not [/u]send him to the next person on the list. I’ll like him to be returned to my lair first, just set up a CR and I'll accept the moment I'm logged in. ^^ 3. You can keep Nestor for about [b]7 days[/b]. Please don’t keep him for too long, as he’s a travel-loving-less that can’t stand to be hold at one place for too long (and others might be waiting for him to come along too). He wants to continue exploring and collecting stories. 4. The dragon has some lore and coding in his description. Please [b]do not delete and/or alter previous additions[/b] from other FR-members to his lore! [b]BUT[/b], I’d so appreciate, if you may add on more lore/stories/… to his journey! I'll be regularly recording Nestor’s lore over time in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2178151#post_27007803] this post[/url], so nothing will be lost during his travels. 5. Feel free to [b]change the dragon’s appearance in any way[/b]-- from the genes, to colors, to the breed… Just please [u]do not change[/u] his [u]name[/u]! Thanks~ 6. Well, Nestor is no monk. If you’re interested, feel free [b]to breed him [/b]with one of yours. But please [u]name the hatchlings[/u] if you’re going to resell/exalt them. 7. Nestor will come to your clan with some [b]belongings[/b]. You can exchange one/two object, you’d like to have for yourself. BUT, please gift him a new object of about the same value to replace it. It doesn’t have to be of a super high value, it just has to be a fair trade. 8. Please, include somewhere in your post/invitation, that you agree to follow the rules. :3 [center][b]Where is he at the moment/where is he going to travel next?[/b][/center] [center][quote=currently staying with] Shadeyrain (59335) - The RuneLight Hallow - Light // Oct 01st - Oct 08/09th [/quote][/center] List: [center][quote=Going to...] xxxx (xxxx ) - Clan xxxxx - xxxx // xxxx xx - xxxx xx, 2017 .....[/quote][/center]
N E S T O R
Collector of stories

Nestor was born and raised near the Twisting Crescendo and had a carefree childhood. The young dragon has spend many hours inside the clan's library. Since forever, he'd loved to read stories and tales about dragon history, adventures... well, he loved to read any kind of book he could get his hands on.

However, at a certain point the young dragon wanted to get away from his dusty book collection, so he could travel Sornieth and gather stories
for his very own storybook!

Nestor set off to his voyage, riding the wind to whatever place it would carry him. The young traveler started to visit clans all over Sornieth; and when he was able to find shelter with them, he attentively listened to their tales (past-present-children's stories-...) while carefully writing them down in his journal.

Maybe he's allowed to come over at your place
to hear some of your clan's stories?

Rules:

1. Hopefully, this does not need to be said--but please DO NOT exalt or resell Nestor! That’d just end the whole game and ruins the fun for everyone! Please, take good care of my dragon and give it back to me at a certain point. Thank you very much!! :3

2. Send in an invitation so that Nestor knows where to go next. You will be added to his traveler list and when it’s your turn, I’ll send the traveler your way.
Note: Do not send him to the next person on the list. I’ll like him to be returned to my lair first, just set up a CR and I'll accept the moment I'm logged in. ^^

3. You can keep Nestor for about 7 days. Please don’t keep him for too long, as he’s a travel-loving-less that can’t stand to be hold at one place for too long (and others might be waiting for him to come along too). He wants to continue exploring and collecting stories.

4. The dragon has some lore and coding in his description. Please do not delete and/or alter previous additions from other FR-members to his lore!
BUT, I’d so appreciate, if you may add on more lore/stories/… to his journey! I'll be regularly recording Nestor’s lore over time in this post, so nothing will be lost during his travels.

5. Feel free to change the dragon’s appearance in any way-- from the genes, to colors, to the breed… Just please do not change his name! Thanks~

6. Well, Nestor is no monk. If you’re interested, feel free to breed him with one of yours. But please name the hatchlings if you’re going to resell/exalt them.

7. Nestor will come to your clan with some belongings. You can exchange one/two object, you’d like to have for yourself. BUT, please gift him a new object of about the same value to replace it. It doesn’t have to be of a super high value, it just has to be a fair trade.

8. Please, include somewhere in your post/invitation, that you agree to follow the rules. :3

Where is he at the moment/where is he going to travel next?
currently staying with wrote:
Shadeyrain (59335) - The RuneLight Hallow - Light // Oct 01st - Oct 08/09th

List:
Going to... wrote:
xxxx (xxxx ) - Clan xxxxx - xxxx // xxxx xx - xxxx xx, 2017

[columns][color=#D6A176][font=calibri][center][size=6] [b]Sornieth - A Map of the World[/b][/size][/center] [size=6][font=Papyrus]Hello everyone! It's me, Nestor. Before I left home I was able to convince my friend [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20631952]Haven[/url] to create a map for me. (But maybe, she just knew I would get lost every second or so without one....) Anyway~ What's this all about... I want to mark EVERY clan I visit on it. Amazing idea, don't you think?! Wouldn't it be awesome to see, where everyone I've gotten to know and became friends with during my travels is located?[/font][/size][/columns] [center][url=https://i.imgur.com/AcknU1M.jpg][img]https://i.imgur.com/AcknU1M.jpg[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=1][url=http://orig14.deviantart.net/7d30/f/2017/078/a/3/sornieth_v2_2l_by_soenkan-db2ts0y.png]labeless version[/url][/size] - - [size=1][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2145780/1]Maps made by Llanai[/url][/center] [center][size=5][b]Visited Clans[/b][/size] [i](Username - Clan name - Flight)[/i] Juri01 (111431) - Clan Àidhear - Wind (home lair) Thyrin (234081) - Thyrin's Clan - Plague [i]Cealygosa (303930) - Clan of Severed Lightning - Lightning[/i] aformofmotion (312769) - The Collective - Arcane Pertonix (176907) - Coldlight Clan - Ice Nightooo (291170) - Blue Lights Guild - Lightning Shadeyrain (59335) - The RuneLight Hallow - Light .... - .... - .... [/center]
Sornieth - A Map of the World

Hello everyone! It's me, Nestor.
Before I left home I was able to convince my friend Haven to create a map for me. (But maybe, she just knew I would get lost every second or so without one....)
Anyway~ What's this all about... I want to mark EVERY clan I visit on it. Amazing idea, don't you think?! Wouldn't it be awesome to see, where everyone I've gotten to know and became friends with during my travels is located?

AcknU1M.jpg

Visited Clans

(Username - Clan name - Flight)

Juri01 (111431) - Clan Àidhear - Wind (home lair)
Thyrin (234081) - Thyrin's Clan - Plague
Cealygosa (303930) - Clan of Severed Lightning - Lightning
aformofmotion (312769) - The Collective - Arcane
Pertonix (176907) - Coldlight Clan - Ice
Nightooo (291170) - Blue Lights Guild - Lightning
Shadeyrain (59335) - The RuneLight Hallow - Light
.... - .... - ....

[center][size=7][font=Papyrus][b]Travel Journal [/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/48f3/f/2011/208/a/b/divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png[/img][/center] [columns][b]Belongings:[/b] Aug 16, 2017 [item=Azure Highnoon Hank] [item=Gold Steampunk Gloves] [item=Forest Rogue Hood] [item=Tufted Leaf Beetle] April 30, 2017 [item=Gold Steampunk Scarf] [item=Gold Steampunk Gloves] [item=Woodland Headband] [item=Longneck Wanderer][/columns] [center][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/48f3/f/2011/208/a/b/divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 1 - Beginning of my journey[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: April 30, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Windswept Plateau/Twisting Crescendo - Clan Àidhear[/indent] I've always loved stories. Back home at Clan Àidhear I was always so excited to get my hands on a new story a traveler brought back with him. '[i]A book is a dream that you hold in your hand[/i].'--And my dream started to grow inside of me a long time ago... I understood, that if I'd only read the books that everyone else is reading, I can only think what everyone else is thinking. And what’s the solution? I wanted to travel! I wanted to make my own experiences, meet other clans, listen to their tales and then write down my own stories. When I shared my plans with my family, they were very supportive. Haven even made a map for my sake (maybe knowing, I'd be so lost without it). I'm so excited, nervous, psyched . A thrill of anticipation coated me from the moment I got up this morning. I'm going to start my journey today! I can't wait to get to my first guest family and to write down the first tale of my storybook! Wish me luck everyone! And may the Winds be with you. [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 2 – First Steps[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: May 6, 2017 – May 13, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: The Bamboo Falls – [i]The Tunnels[/i] – The Wyrmwound![/indent] I’ve spent the whole day moving around Zephyr Steppes – maybe it’s not very wise, if I want to hear the stories of different dragons… But after all, Aidhear have lived there once, and I’ve read a lot about those places – and it would spare me the trouble of climbing up and then down for no reason, and I can get to the Sea of a Thousand Currents in mere days. They say, there’s a place somewhere on the border – beautiful waterfalls in a bamboo forest, where lots of various animals live along with such Beastclans as Serthis and Talonok – it must be really interesting! I hope I can manage without getting into trouble – my eyes are sharp, I’ll be able to look around without getting too close… ------ Ohh, now I understand why all those authors wrote that they couldn’t describe it – this task really seems impossible! All the streams singing a barely audible melody on the rocks, combined with whistling of the wind through bamboo trunks and distant howling of Gale Wolves – believe me or not, but I’ve seen the whole pack! They’ve landed somewhere beyond the main waterfall – unfortunately, I won’t be able to get there, it sounds a lot like a battle there – hissing and roaring and even clinking of metal! This is totally unwise… But I’ll try to get closer through the bushes. It’s so exciting! [font=Times New Roman][size=4] *** “Liked the show?” To his own shame, Nestor almost jumped, startled, and crushed a nearby bamboo trunk with his strong tail. The Mirror who has talked to him – they were of similar sizes, but he seemed slightly bigger than the Bogsneak because of the fur-adorned outfit, vast banners on the wings and a skull of some bird of prey with a plumage of blue feathers, huge enough to become something like a helmet for the dragon – and for the size of it, it definitely meant nothing smaller than a Roc! – laughed, moving the skull back between his crests and looking at him with two pairs of chocolate-brown pupilless eyes. Nestor coughed, moving his wings a bit uncomfortably: “Did you see me… Sir?” “Wha?.. No, not actually – smelled you, more likely. It’s warm and wet here, and when you tried to get closer, you stepped directly in the wind current, so it told me you were moving”. “Oh.” Nestor felt ashamed again – he’s read about it dozens of times, and made such a mistake nonetheless! “Oi, don’t you worry!” the Mirror waved his wing, shining and bright-colored under the banner. “That’s really a thing you start to pay attention to when you spend a lot of time in the field, about the wind and your own smells and sounds and so forth. Wanna take a look at my trophies?” [i]”Who said Mirrors don’t like to talk much?...”[/i] Nestor wondered silently, but surely didn’t refuse to the dragon’s offer. Smiling widely at his eager nods, the Mirror turned away and vanished in the green of bamboo – Nestor followed hurriedly, making sure his scarf would stay as white as he was. It didn’t take them long – the battle took place on the bank of the stream in mere steps from the place where they met. Nestor exhaled lightly, stepping closer to a considerable pile of prey; most of it was made up of quite a huge Baku, laying lifelessly on the ground, but he could distinguish other animals and birds beside it. He turned back, looking at the Mirror: “And you defeated all of them alone, sir?” “Well, I’m a hunter, am I not?” the Mirror chuckled. “And please, stop calling me “sir”. My name’s Ssaish”. “I’m Nestor,” the Bogsneak replied, nodding shortly. “Nice to meet you”. “Same, same…” the Mirror was now using the banner and the multiple belts of his armor to collect all the prey and make it moveable. “And you are?..” “I’m a traveler – you know, I’ve read a lot, but it’s not the same as seeing everything myself… So I decided to leave home and make my own experience – there’s certainly something those books didn’t cover?” “Oi, I can help with that!” Ssaish rose on his hind legs, agitated. “If you are not afraid of swimming a bit, of course, and of the Plague lands in the end of the journey”. “I’m not sure… I’m not a Water dragon, and I didn’t actually have a chance to practice in swimming. Isn’t there another way?” “Don’t you worry, I’ll help you! There are places to breathe, and currents to help you move, and where there aren’t, I can help you”. Nestor moved a bit, still looking unsure. “There certainly are other ways to get to the Scarred Wasteland, aren’t there?” “It’s not the Wasteland that matters! When we were moving to the Wyrmwound, our explorers found a system of caves underneath the surface, mostly blocked – and then there were lakes, and tunnels connecting them, and a couple of those are stretching even to the Thousand-Current! Our mages cleared the space, and it granted us quite a peace with some of Maren clans – they cherish those lakes, as turned out. And we’ve gained quite a fast way to get to the Sea without crossing dozens of borders”. Could Nestor miss such a chance? Of course he could not…[/font] *** That was definitely something I wouldn’t miss for life – and surely it was worth all the way here! Which wasn’t easy, by the way. First we had to swim down to the tunnel and then even climbed against the current – I wonder how [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21333252]Ssaish[/url] did it, with such a huge pack of prey, it was pretty hard even for me, without any cargo! Anyway, once we’ve reached the first lake, we had only to choose the stream that would carry us in the needed direction – we had to swim as well, of course, but it helped a lot. Though it was pretty hard to breathe there – there were sort of shafts and water pockets, but you try to grab some air while water is carrying you forward at such a speed! Pretty scary, to be honest. But then we got out – and dear Eleven, it was so magnificent! A lake, huge and drowning in darkness on the further edges, and dozens of lightly shining crystals on the walls and right above your head, with little orbs of light floating around – Ssaish said it was the work of mages. An Imperial was sitting there, so dark that barely visible, with only smallest sparkles glittering on his wings and casting reflections onto his armor and trident. He helped us to get out of the water and made a small, dancing piece of blueish light that I’d call belonging to the Tangled Wood – he probably did it because of me, I’m pretty sure Ssaish can find his way without any light – he knows the place, after all, plus Mirrors have that kind of thermal vision… Anyway, while we were following the light, Ssaish explained me some things about life in his clan – the first strange thing was that their clan actually has no name! As to me, this is weird. But he says, it is partially because of their idea of giving names – most of them name themselves when they grow up instead of having a name that their parents gave them – and a clan cannot invent its own name, because it consists of many dragons, and then someone would be naming… Not sure if he was joking or not. Anyway – he also said they had a big library belonging to their Coatl Mage Order, and they might allow me to take a look… And told me a bunch of names – those were the leaders of the fractions, as I’ve understood, but I didn’t really manage to remember as much as a couple of them. We’ll see later, I guess… ----- It’s been the whole week now… I’m afraid I got carried away a bit, their library was way bigger than I’ve expected. We’ve got a really big one at home, too… But as dragons are different, the libraries are as well. They’ve got lots information about magic, all the different kinds you can imagine – not only the basics on the Eleven Elements, but also such stuff as healing – and, as opposite, necromancy… There’s a couple of necromancers in the clan, actually – to be precise, one of them, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28019887]Hodiar[/url], is really good at his skill, and the other two are yet his apprentices, but it is still pretty scary. You need only to look at him – a huge Imperial in spooky silk clothes and shimmering rubies – and he uses skeletons as his slaves and couriers and however else! Well, they probably don’t mind – they are dead, after all… But I wouldn’t want to fight in some others’ battle or carry one’s cargo being a skeleton. Hodiar laughed at me and promised that, though I would never know or care over the edge, he won’t ever use my body for any means. Not very reassuring, you know – like speaking to the Death himself. Magic really does everything here. They’ve even managed to make a garden here – not only underground, but in such a distance to the Wyrmwound! This is totally impressive. I’ve been there – if you don’t look up, you might not even understand you are in a cave! The [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30445176]Nature ambassador of the Coatls [/url]watches over it – she is so pale, almost white, and she never told me her name. It is probably because all the Plague around, they aren’t probably combining very well with Nature. In fact, all the other dragons in the clan are pretty healthy – to be honest, I didn’t expect that, with all the stories of the mutants and ill dragons and whatever horrors else… Ssaish said, it was only the mean of evolution – they had to be strong to survive, and their healers helped them. Of course, I’ve gotten out a couple of times. Well, now – [i]this[/i] is scary! You may read about the Wyrmwound, but it’s always so tiny on the maps, and those spikes… You really start to feel yourself in the claws of an enormous monster, one movement – and you are smashed, dead, destroyed… But the dragons here – especially those who have lived here for a long time – tend to see it with some sort of humor. I mean… Gosh, their Nocs live in a skeleton of a Guardian – literally! I’ve seen it, whitened from age and huge – they’ve used leather to build up a cover from its wings, and it’s warm and shady there, but… I don’t understand. They’ve probably got no other way – I mean, if you live side by side with death, you probably won’t think of it the same as other dragons think. Like dragons who befriend those mighty warriors who protect their whole clan – you cannot just adore them when you know them inside. Anyway, I’ll be moving next morning. Haven’t decided yet whether I should take the tunnels again or move across the Plague territory, I don’t know either well enough not to get lost – Ssaish can’t help me, but he promised me that someone from the clan might be ready to help – one of the younger mages, perhaps, or the hunters. As long as it’s not one of Hodiar’s skeletons, I’m pretty content! [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 3 - #§+!!& :$>µ<%[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: 18 May, 2017 - `#^x)*_§ [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Lightning - Clan of Severed Lightning - &'#?/}[/indent] I enjoyed to ride the winds once again. My stay in the Wyrmwou&/d h(=s b%& ()?*‘+#1?()= !&=$&`?):_,1)(&%?3‘*#+?ß=)[~µ< )(!$§^#³´-] \0# %& -?{&% -- [center][i]For some reason most of the entry was currupted an unreadable. Everyone was quite bothered about it and had their own ideas about the reasons. Had it been a natural disaster, a blizzard, a desert storm or the like that damaged it to this point? Whatever the cause it also held the traveler prisoner for quite some time, as if the earth had swallowed Nestor up. The clan really heaved a sigh of relief when the traveler suddendly dropped by again. But even he himself had no lucid explanation about what happend during the time of his disappearance....[/i][/center] -- [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 4 - Isabella[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: 27 June - 4 July , 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: The Collective - Arcane, the Starfall Isles[/indent] I met the loveliest bogsneak on my way into the Collective. She was a traveller, just like me. We spent so much time together I barely even saw the Collective. I hope I meet her again someday. --- [center][i]After returning home, Nestor couldn't stop talking about Isabella and his very first nest. On July 2nd there hatched three little bogsneaks, two girls and a boy. The male one soon joined the ranks of the Gladekeeper where he now serves a higher cause. One of the sisters decided to set out on traveler the world like her parents do. Only Nala remained in the Starfall Isles and found her home within the Collective.[/i][/center] --- [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 5 - Chilly Adventures[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: 09 August - 16 August , 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Coldlight - Ice, the Snowsquall Tundra[/indent] [b]09 August, 2017[/b] I've just arrived to the Snowsquall Tundra to pay visit to a lair home to the Coldlight Clan of the Ice Flight! It's much colder here than it was in the Starfall Isles, but I'll be on the lookout for a jacket or some form of apparel to keep me warm! Coldlight seems to be made up of Skydancers, which makes sense... they have feathers and don't need clothing to keep them warm here! I haven't really yet had a chance to introduce myself or meet any of the other dragons yet, but one in particular has caught my eye, and once I'm finished writing this, I think I'll approach and try to befriend him! He looks like this: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347120/34711954_350.png[/img][/center] [b]11 August, 2017[/b] I found out that Tiamat, the dragon I met after my last entry, had just recently joined Coldlight! He told me that the female who looks identical to him is the one who he's supposed to start nesting with once both of them are old enough. Their hatchlings will look so cool! Their runes will glow brightly against their black feathers... it's incredible, really. Anyways, so far my stay here in Coldlight has been nothing short of amazing. I befriended a new familiar and decided to bring him on my travels alongside me instead of my old one, whose name has slipped my mind at the moment... I've also been given new apparel! I told you I'd find some! I got a hood and a bandana to keep my head and neck warm. The dragons here are very friendly and seemed genuinely worried about whether I was warm enough. How kind of them! Dinner is calling my name, so we're all about to feast together soon. I'll have to end this entry here, so I can leave some updates for later! - Nestor [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 6 - Thundering Mysteries[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: 18 August - 26 August , 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: The Blue Lights - Lightning, Carrion Canyon[/indent] [b]19 August, 2017[/b] As I arrived at the clan's location I was greeted by very friendly dragons! Rigel, the black dragon with blue shining runes, has decided to throw a party in my name as to welcome me into the clan - it was spectacular! My favourite food everywhere, dragons of this clan dancing and enjoying themselves all night! [b]21 August, 2017[/b] Today was the first day I got to spend with other dragons of the clan, yesterday was spent talking with Rigel and finding out more about him. But today I'm spending with Coraza and Sardor. They both specialize in taking care of the young dragons around here, there's a lot of them so I can't say that I'm surprised. It doesn't seem like Sardor likes this job very much, however, he's been glancing at me the entire time... Coraza, on the other hand, is very kind towards both me and the little hatchlings. I've been tasked with finding berries and other foods for the entire clan while accompanied by some of the youngins, it was an interesting experience. She told me not to get too used to them, as hard as it may be. They'll be gone of out this clan before I will and the next batch will join us later in the week. This clan is very, systematic. [b]26 August, 2017[/b] [columns]Well, today's the last day with the Blue Lights. It's been enjoyable to stay here, it was welcoming. Anyway, I better get packed... Rigel wants to talk to me about someone within the clan, I wonder what this could be about? Wow! So, there's a dragon in this guild that I really inspired! Aiterra, the dragon which I'll draw to my right with the best of my drawing skills, also wants to set out and learn more about everything, every clan! [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35044280][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/350443/35044280.png[/img][/url][/columns] [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry xx - xxxx[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: xxx xxxx , 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: xxxxx - xxxxxx[/indent] ........ [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center]
Travel Journal
divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png
Belongings:
Aug 16, 2017
Azure Highnoon Hank Gold Steampunk Gloves Forest Rogue Hood Tufted Leaf Beetle

April 30, 2017
Gold Steampunk Scarf Gold Steampunk Gloves Woodland Headband Longneck Wanderer
divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png

Entry 1 - Beginning of my journey
Date: April 30, 2017
Location: Windswept Plateau/Twisting Crescendo - Clan Àidhear

I've always loved stories. Back home at Clan Àidhear I was always so excited to get my hands on a new story a traveler brought back with him. 'A book is a dream that you hold in your hand.'--And my dream started to grow inside of me a long time ago... I understood, that if I'd only read the books that everyone else is reading, I can only think what everyone else is thinking. And what’s the solution? I wanted to travel! I wanted to make my own experiences, meet other clans, listen to their tales and then write down my own stories.

When I shared my plans with my family, they were very supportive. Haven even made a map for my sake (maybe knowing, I'd be so lost without it). I'm so excited, nervous, psyched . A thrill of anticipation coated me from the moment I got up this morning.

I'm going to start my journey today! I can't wait to get to my first guest family and to write down the first tale of my storybook!

Wish me luck everyone! And may the Winds be with you.

divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png
Entry 2 – First Steps
Date: May 6, 2017 – May 13, 2017

I’ve spent the whole day moving around Zephyr Steppes – maybe it’s not very wise, if I want to hear the stories of different dragons… But after all, Aidhear have lived there once, and I’ve read a lot about those places – and it would spare me the trouble of climbing up and then down for no reason, and I can get to the Sea of a Thousand Currents in mere days. They say, there’s a place somewhere on the border – beautiful waterfalls in a bamboo forest, where lots of various animals live along with such Beastclans as Serthis and Talonok – it must be really interesting! I hope I can manage without getting into trouble – my eyes are sharp, I’ll be able to look around without getting too close…
Ohh, now I understand why all those authors wrote that they couldn’t describe it – this task really seems impossible! All the streams singing a barely audible melody on the rocks, combined with whistling of the wind through bamboo trunks and distant howling of Gale Wolves – believe me or not, but I’ve seen the whole pack! They’ve landed somewhere beyond the main waterfall – unfortunately, I won’t be able to get there, it sounds a lot like a battle there – hissing and roaring and even clinking of metal! This is totally unwise… But I’ll try to get closer through the bushes. It’s so exciting!

“Liked the show?”
To his own shame, Nestor almost jumped, startled, and crushed a nearby bamboo trunk with his strong tail. The Mirror who has talked to him – they were of similar sizes, but he seemed slightly bigger than the Bogsneak because of the fur-adorned outfit, vast banners on the wings and a skull of some bird of prey with a plumage of blue feathers, huge enough to become something like a helmet for the dragon – and for the size of it, it definitely meant nothing smaller than a Roc! – laughed, moving the skull back between his crests and looking at him with two pairs of chocolate-brown pupilless eyes. Nestor coughed, moving his wings a bit uncomfortably:
“Did you see me… Sir?”
“Wha?.. No, not actually – smelled you, more likely. It’s warm and wet here, and when you tried to get closer, you stepped directly in the wind current, so it told me you were moving”.
“Oh.” Nestor felt ashamed again – he’s read about it dozens of times, and made such a mistake nonetheless!
“Oi, don’t you worry!” the Mirror waved his wing, shining and bright-colored under the banner. “That’s really a thing you start to pay attention to when you spend a lot of time in the field, about the wind and your own smells and sounds and so forth. Wanna take a look at my trophies?”
”Who said Mirrors don’t like to talk much?...” Nestor wondered silently, but surely didn’t refuse to the dragon’s offer. Smiling widely at his eager nods, the Mirror turned away and vanished in the green of bamboo – Nestor followed hurriedly, making sure his scarf would stay as white as he was.
It didn’t take them long – the battle took place on the bank of the stream in mere steps from the place where they met. Nestor exhaled lightly, stepping closer to a considerable pile of prey; most of it was made up of quite a huge Baku, laying lifelessly on the ground, but he could distinguish other animals and birds beside it. He turned back, looking at the Mirror:
“And you defeated all of them alone, sir?”
“Well, I’m a hunter, am I not?” the Mirror chuckled. “And please, stop calling me “sir”. My name’s Ssaish”.
“I’m Nestor,” the Bogsneak replied, nodding shortly. “Nice to meet you”.
“Same, same…” the Mirror was now using the banner and the multiple belts of his armor to collect all the prey and make it moveable. “And you are?..”
“I’m a traveler – you know, I’ve read a lot, but it’s not the same as seeing everything myself… So I decided to leave home and make my own experience – there’s certainly something those books didn’t cover?”
“Oi, I can help with that!” Ssaish rose on his hind legs, agitated. “If you are not afraid of swimming a bit, of course, and of the Plague lands in the end of the journey”.
“I’m not sure… I’m not a Water dragon, and I didn’t actually have a chance to practice in swimming. Isn’t there another way?”
“Don’t you worry, I’ll help you! There are places to breathe, and currents to help you move, and where there aren’t, I can help you”.
Nestor moved a bit, still looking unsure.
“There certainly are other ways to get to the Scarred Wasteland, aren’t there?”
“It’s not the Wasteland that matters! When we were moving to the Wyrmwound, our explorers found a system of caves underneath the surface, mostly blocked – and then there were lakes, and tunnels connecting them, and a couple of those are stretching even to the Thousand-Current! Our mages cleared the space, and it granted us quite a peace with some of Maren clans – they cherish those lakes, as turned out. And we’ve gained quite a fast way to get to the Sea without crossing dozens of borders”.
Could Nestor miss such a chance? Of course he could not…

That was definitely something I wouldn’t miss for life – and surely it was worth all the way here! Which wasn’t easy, by the way. First we had to swim down to the tunnel and then even climbed against the current – I wonder how Ssaish did it, with such a huge pack of prey, it was pretty hard even for me, without any cargo! Anyway, once we’ve reached the first lake, we had only to choose the stream that would carry us in the needed direction – we had to swim as well, of course, but it helped a lot. Though it was pretty hard to breathe there – there were sort of shafts and water pockets, but you try to grab some air while water is carrying you forward at such a speed! Pretty scary, to be honest. But then we got out – and dear Eleven, it was so magnificent! A lake, huge and drowning in darkness on the further edges, and dozens of lightly shining crystals on the walls and right above your head, with little orbs of light floating around – Ssaish said it was the work of mages. An Imperial was sitting there, so dark that barely visible, with only smallest sparkles glittering on his wings and casting reflections onto his armor and trident. He helped us to get out of the water and made a small, dancing piece of blueish light that I’d call belonging to the Tangled Wood – he probably did it because of me, I’m pretty sure Ssaish can find his way without any light – he knows the place, after all, plus Mirrors have that kind of thermal vision… Anyway, while we were following the light, Ssaish explained me some things about life in his clan – the first strange thing was that their clan actually has no name! As to me, this is weird. But he says, it is partially because of their idea of giving names – most of them name themselves when they grow up instead of having a name that their parents gave them – and a clan cannot invent its own name, because it consists of many dragons, and then someone would be naming… Not sure if he was joking or not. Anyway – he also said they had a big library belonging to their Coatl Mage Order, and they might allow me to take a look… And told me a bunch of names – those were the leaders of the fractions, as I’ve understood, but I didn’t really manage to remember as much as a couple of them. We’ll see later, I guess…
It’s been the whole week now… I’m afraid I got carried away a bit, their library was way bigger than I’ve expected. We’ve got a really big one at home, too… But as dragons are different, the libraries are as well. They’ve got lots information about magic, all the different kinds you can imagine – not only the basics on the Eleven Elements, but also such stuff as healing – and, as opposite, necromancy… There’s a couple of necromancers in the clan, actually – to be precise, one of them, Hodiar, is really good at his skill, and the other two are yet his apprentices, but it is still pretty scary. You need only to look at him – a huge Imperial in spooky silk clothes and shimmering rubies – and he uses skeletons as his slaves and couriers and however else! Well, they probably don’t mind – they are dead, after all… But I wouldn’t want to fight in some others’ battle or carry one’s cargo being a skeleton. Hodiar laughed at me and promised that, though I would never know or care over the edge, he won’t ever use my body for any means. Not very reassuring, you know – like speaking to the Death himself.
Magic really does everything here. They’ve even managed to make a garden here – not only underground, but in such a distance to the Wyrmwound! This is totally impressive. I’ve been there – if you don’t look up, you might not even understand you are in a cave! The Nature ambassador of the Coatls watches over it – she is so pale, almost white, and she never told me her name. It is probably because all the Plague around, they aren’t probably combining very well with Nature. In fact, all the other dragons in the clan are pretty healthy – to be honest, I didn’t expect that, with all the stories of the mutants and ill dragons and whatever horrors else… Ssaish said, it was only the mean of evolution – they had to be strong to survive, and their healers helped them.
Of course, I’ve gotten out a couple of times. Well, now – this is scary! You may read about the Wyrmwound, but it’s always so tiny on the maps, and those spikes… You really start to feel yourself in the claws of an enormous monster, one movement – and you are smashed, dead, destroyed… But the dragons here – especially those who have lived here for a long time – tend to see it with some sort of humor. I mean… Gosh, their Nocs live in a skeleton of a Guardian – literally! I’ve seen it, whitened from age and huge – they’ve used leather to build up a cover from its wings, and it’s warm and shady there, but… I don’t understand. They’ve probably got no other way – I mean, if you live side by side with death, you probably won’t think of it the same as other dragons think. Like dragons who befriend those mighty warriors who protect their whole clan – you cannot just adore them when you know them inside.
Anyway, I’ll be moving next morning. Haven’t decided yet whether I should take the tunnels again or move across the Plague territory, I don’t know either well enough not to get lost – Ssaish can’t help me, but he promised me that someone from the clan might be ready to help – one of the younger mages, perhaps, or the hunters. As long as it’s not one of Hodiar’s skeletons, I’m pretty content!

Entry 3 - #§+!!& :$>µ<%
Date: 18 May, 2017 - `#^x)*_§

I enjoyed to ride the winds once again. My stay in the Wyrmwou&/d h(=s b%& ()?*‘+#1?()= !&=$&`?):_,1)(&%?3‘*#+?ß=)[~µ< )(!$§^#³´-] \0# %& -?{&%

--
For some reason most of the entry was currupted an unreadable. Everyone was quite bothered about it and had their own ideas about the reasons. Had it been a natural disaster, a blizzard, a desert storm or the like that damaged it to this point?
Whatever the cause it also held the traveler prisoner for quite some time, as if the earth had swallowed Nestor up. The clan really heaved a sigh of relief when the traveler suddendly dropped by again. But even he himself had no lucid explanation about what happend during the time of his disappearance....
--

Entry 4 - Isabella
Date: 27 June - 4 July , 2017

I met the loveliest bogsneak on my way into the Collective. She was a traveller, just like me. We spent so much time together I barely even saw the Collective. I hope I meet her again someday.

---
After returning home, Nestor couldn't stop talking about Isabella and his very first nest. On July 2nd there hatched three little bogsneaks, two girls and a boy. The male one soon joined the ranks of the Gladekeeper where he now serves a higher cause. One of the sisters decided to set out on traveler the world like her parents do. Only Nala remained in the Starfall Isles and found her home within the Collective.
---

Entry 5 - Chilly Adventures
Date: 09 August - 16 August , 2017

09 August, 2017
I've just arrived to the Snowsquall Tundra to pay visit to a lair home to the Coldlight Clan of the Ice Flight! It's much colder here than it was in the Starfall Isles, but I'll be on the lookout for a jacket or some form of apparel to keep me warm!
Coldlight seems to be made up of Skydancers, which makes sense... they have feathers and don't need clothing to keep them warm here! I haven't really yet had a chance to introduce myself or meet any of the other dragons yet, but one in particular has caught my eye, and once I'm finished writing this, I think I'll approach and try to befriend him! He looks like this:

34711954_350.png

11 August, 2017
I found out that Tiamat, the dragon I met after my last entry, had just recently joined Coldlight! He told me that the female who looks identical to him is the one who he's supposed to start nesting with once both of them are old enough. Their hatchlings will look so cool! Their runes will glow brightly against their black feathers... it's incredible, really.
Anyways, so far my stay here in Coldlight has been nothing short of amazing. I befriended a new familiar and decided to bring him on my travels alongside me instead of my old one, whose name has slipped my mind at the moment...
I've also been given new apparel! I told you I'd find some!
I got a hood and a bandana to keep my head and neck warm. The dragons here are very friendly and seemed genuinely worried about whether I was warm enough. How kind of them!
Dinner is calling my name, so we're all about to feast together soon. I'll have to end this entry here, so I can leave some updates for later!
- Nestor

Entry 6 - Thundering Mysteries
Date: 18 August - 26 August , 2017

19 August, 2017
As I arrived at the clan's location I was greeted by very friendly dragons! Rigel, the black dragon with blue shining runes, has decided to throw a party in my name as to welcome me into the clan - it was spectacular! My favourite food everywhere, dragons of this clan dancing and enjoying themselves all night!

21 August, 2017
Today was the first day I got to spend with other dragons of the clan, yesterday was spent talking with Rigel and finding out more about him. But today I'm spending with Coraza and Sardor. They both specialize in taking care of the young dragons around here, there's a lot of them so I can't say that I'm surprised. It doesn't seem like Sardor likes this job very much, however, he's been glancing at me the entire time... Coraza, on the other hand, is very kind towards both me and the little hatchlings. I've been tasked with finding berries and other foods for the entire clan while accompanied by some of the youngins, it was an interesting experience. She told me not to get too used to them, as hard as it may be. They'll be gone of out this clan before I will and the next batch will join us later in the week. This clan is very, systematic.

26 August, 2017
Well, today's the last day with the Blue Lights. It's been enjoyable to stay here, it was welcoming. Anyway, I better get packed... Rigel wants to talk to me about someone within the clan, I wonder what this could be about?
Wow! So, there's a dragon in this guild that I really inspired! Aiterra, the dragon which I'll draw to my right with the best of my drawing skills, also wants to set out and learn more about everything, every clan!
35044280.png

Entry xx - xxxx
Date: xxx xxxx , 2017

[center]Nestor has left home and is now headed to the Crossroads, looking for his first host family. ^^[/center] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/0014d66bb7adbb5616cf4a80d0f13c31/tumblr_inline_nxic07WrGL1ttfumm_250.png[/img][/center] [size=1]@Thiedo
Nestor has left home and is now headed to the Crossroads, looking for his first host family. ^^

tumblr_inline_nxic07WrGL1ttfumm_250.png

@Thiedo
@Juri01, oh, we'd love to show Nestor some Plague lands! :3
@Juri01, oh, we'd love to show Nestor some Plague lands! :3
One day the world will bend for us
+10 FR time||Plague nest host
Accepting seafood as payment!
If I drew something for you, you're welcome to use it without asking :3 Though I'll appreciate words of thanks, sure :D

ziccusig_by_bajanmightyena-db376hy.png
@Thyrin

Halllo there! :3

I'm very sorry for the late reply! I wasn't feeling quite well the last few days and therefore not online that much.

Nestor would defenitely love to visit the Plague lands to hear/collect some stories about the place. Thank you very much for showing him around! He's going to stay with you until May 10th, if that's ok with you.

Could you maybe also let me know, where your clan is located on the map here? Either a description or an actuall sign on the map itself later would be awesome^^

Thank you very much for being the first to host the young traveler!
@Thyrin

Halllo there! :3

I'm very sorry for the late reply! I wasn't feeling quite well the last few days and therefore not online that much.

Nestor would defenitely love to visit the Plague lands to hear/collect some stories about the place. Thank you very much for showing him around! He's going to stay with you until May 10th, if that's ok with you.

Could you maybe also let me know, where your clan is located on the map here? Either a description or an actuall sign on the map itself later would be awesome^^

Thank you very much for being the first to host the young traveler!
@Juri01, no problem)
Our clan is located here, on the south-eastern shore of the Wyrmwound. The clan itself doesn't have a specific name for lore reasons, but you can use the username or whatever else)

And also a quick question - would Nestor agree to get there through underwater tunnels, or he wouldn't like swimming and/or tight space?
@Juri01, no problem)
Our clan is located here, on the south-eastern shore of the Wyrmwound. The clan itself doesn't have a specific name for lore reasons, but you can use the username or whatever else)

And also a quick question - would Nestor agree to get there through underwater tunnels, or he wouldn't like swimming and/or tight space?
One day the world will bend for us
+10 FR time||Plague nest host
Accepting seafood as payment!
If I drew something for you, you're welcome to use it without asking :3 Though I'll appreciate words of thanks, sure :D

ziccusig_by_bajanmightyena-db376hy.png
Hi @Thyrin!

Got you marked down. Thank you! :3

Oh, I think he would agree. Tight space would be no problem, but if he's a good swimmer... that's another question all together. The little bookworm has got some training back home, still, it's his first time actually getting out of his comfort zone.
(Now I'm very curious what's going to happen at your place!)
Hi @Thyrin!

Got you marked down. Thank you! :3

Oh, I think he would agree. Tight space would be no problem, but if he's a good swimmer... that's another question all together. The little bookworm has got some training back home, still, it's his first time actually getting out of his comfort zone.
(Now I'm very curious what's going to happen at your place!)
Bump
Bump
@Juri01

How lovely ! I recently held a travelling dragon just a week ago ! I'd love to host Nestor next !

My clan is Lightning, located right in the Carrion Canyon (the ravine in the Lightning territory) their name is the Clan of Severed Lightning, and it's full of hostile wildclaws haha the last traveller had his claws full :P

Edit: please don't send his items ! I hold donations for Newbie Welcome Packs and his apparel and familiar might get lost lol
@Juri01

How lovely ! I recently held a travelling dragon just a week ago ! I'd love to host Nestor next !

My clan is Lightning, located right in the Carrion Canyon (the ravine in the Lightning territory) their name is the Clan of Severed Lightning, and it's full of hostile wildclaws haha the last traveller had his claws full :P

Edit: please don't send his items ! I hold donations for Newbie Welcome Packs and his apparel and familiar might get lost lol
Inactive
Call Me Cealy | #303930 | She / They | FR +3 | 23 | Taken
0c0e0ef6-4a87-4a85-b87a-d16f52d899fb.png
1 2 3 4