Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Censoring genes
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="StannyWolfie" date="2020-06-04 20:58:34" ] Ya'll complaining about migraine-inducing patterns when we don't even have dark mode yet Anyway I think there was a thread about this a while back, and as much as I am for this idea, they would have to implement it for everything for it to have any point, not just dragons. Items, dragons, fams, skins, maybe even apparel. I want to get behind the option for individual users to block certain things, but that seems like a massive undertaking for what it's going to do. I do have fears that often fall very close to media I frequent, so I understand having to tip toe around parts of the game that are alarming, to be fair! I don't want to go to every dev with a hospital in their game and tell them to let me delete the hospital though, however susp i may find it! This stuff takes work! I totally understand the eyestrain but concerning that I would REALLY, REALLY prefer they work on dark mode first, THEN that, at the very least. [/quote] The issue with dark mode, to my understanding, isn't that they don't want to implement it, but rather that because the site is going through recoding, to make it consistent they would basically have to code two versions of dark mode, and the older code might not even support it at all. Which means if they give it for the newer version, players will suddenly be jumping between light and dark mode because any older page won't be able to handle it. (to be honest that would also probably prevent this suggestion from being implemented before coding was complete as well)
StannyWolfie wrote on 2020-06-04 20:58:34:
Ya'll complaining about migraine-inducing patterns when we don't even have dark mode yet

Anyway I think there was a thread about this a while back, and as much as I am for this idea, they would have to implement it for everything for it to have any point, not just dragons. Items, dragons, fams, skins, maybe even apparel.

I want to get behind the option for individual users to block certain things, but that seems like a massive undertaking for what it's going to do.

I do have fears that often fall very close to media I frequent, so I understand having to tip toe around parts of the game that are alarming, to be fair! I don't want to go to every dev with a hospital in their game and tell them to let me delete the hospital though, however susp i may find it! This stuff takes work!

I totally understand the eyestrain but concerning that I would REALLY, REALLY prefer they work on dark mode first, THEN that, at the very least.
The issue with dark mode, to my understanding, isn't that they don't want to implement it, but rather that because the site is going through recoding, to make it consistent they would basically have to code two versions of dark mode, and the older code might not even support it at all.

Which means if they give it for the newer version, players will suddenly be jumping between light and dark mode because any older page won't be able to handle it.

(to be honest that would also probably prevent this suggestion from being implemented before coding was complete as well)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'd also like to mention that while it may not be good practice for those to ignore or avoid such things, and while it's also fair to argue that the site is meant to be a fun, comfortable space for everyone, I think it's a better option to have the ability to toggle off certain images be available at the very least. Those who want to challenge themselves and overcome what bothers them have the ability to leave the toggle off, and those who don't can turn it on.

Admittedly one can still argue that it doesn't promote healthy coping, but I suppose that can still be left up to the user to decide where they want to cope and where they don't. Just because they're hiding the imagery on FR doesn't mean they aren't doing the opposite elsewhere in their life. So overall I think it's a good thing to have.

As I mentioned before, the image toggle may be especially nice for the community if it is the difference between getting and not getting certain updates, namely updates for our good ol' unappreciated plague flight lol.
I'd also like to mention that while it may not be good practice for those to ignore or avoid such things, and while it's also fair to argue that the site is meant to be a fun, comfortable space for everyone, I think it's a better option to have the ability to toggle off certain images be available at the very least. Those who want to challenge themselves and overcome what bothers them have the ability to leave the toggle off, and those who don't can turn it on.

Admittedly one can still argue that it doesn't promote healthy coping, but I suppose that can still be left up to the user to decide where they want to cope and where they don't. Just because they're hiding the imagery on FR doesn't mean they aren't doing the opposite elsewhere in their life. So overall I think it's a good thing to have.

As I mentioned before, the image toggle may be especially nice for the community if it is the difference between getting and not getting certain updates, namely updates for our good ol' unappreciated plague flight lol.
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-02 20:32:36" ] This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility. [/quote] I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring
Contaminate wrote on 2020-06-02 20:32:36:
This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias

No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility.
I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring
vmVQNPh.gif
[quote name="@TheFreakShow" date="2020-06-05 14:48:15" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-02 20:32:36" ] This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility. [/quote] I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring [/quote] maybe they are seeking help. are you their therapist? if not, then this is not your place to comment. Maybe people with these phobias just want one safe space where they don't have to confront it.
@TheFreakShow wrote on 2020-06-05 14:48:15:
This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias

No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility.
I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring
maybe they are seeking help. are you their therapist? if not, then this is not your place to comment. Maybe people with these phobias just want one safe space where they don't have to confront it.
IMG_8704.png
[quote name="TheGodOfStories" date="2020-06-05 13:26:22" ] I'd also like to mention that while it may not be good practice for those to ignore or avoid such things, and while it's also fair to argue that the site is meant to be a fun, comfortable space for everyone, I think it's a better option to have the ability to toggle off certain images be available at the very least. Those who want to challenge themselves and overcome what bothers them have the ability to leave the toggle off, and those who don't can turn it on. Admittedly one can still argue that it doesn't promote healthy coping, but I suppose that can still be left up to the user to decide where they want to cope and where they don't. Just because they're hiding the imagery on FR doesn't mean they aren't doing the opposite elsewhere in their life. So overall I think it's a good thing to have. As I mentioned before, the image toggle may be especially nice for the community if it is the difference between getting and not getting certain updates, namely updates for our good ol' unappreciated plague flight lol. [/quote] This is what I feel. 'Confronting' your phobias/triggers/fears/whatever should be done in a safe environment. While FR is a nice game, you can access it from anywhere, not just home or your therapist's office, thus there is no need for users to be forced to 'confront' their phobias, because they may be accessing the game in an area that is definitely not safe for them to do so. Also, regarding the 'it isn't fr's duty to cater to individual players' I would like to point out that FR doesn't actually have a duty to any player on the site, not even to provide more genes or breeds, or even a site. It is *nice* (and business savvy) of FR to provide genes, it is *nice* (ditto) for FR to create new mechanics to engage the player and let them have fun, and just as it is *nice* (again ditto) for FR to introduce the ability to control who contacts you and how they do it, it would also be *nice* (yep, you know the drill) for them to provide something like this for players to be able to control their own comfort levels while browsing.
TheGodOfStories wrote on 2020-06-05 13:26:22:

This is what I feel.

'Confronting' your phobias/triggers/fears/whatever should be done in a safe environment. While FR is a nice game, you can access it from anywhere, not just home or your therapist's office, thus there is no need for users to be forced to 'confront' their phobias, because they may be accessing the game in an area that is definitely not safe for them to do so.

Also, regarding the 'it isn't fr's duty to cater to individual players' I would like to point out that FR doesn't actually have a duty to any player on the site, not even to provide more genes or breeds, or even a site.

It is *nice* (and business savvy) of FR to provide genes, it is *nice* (ditto) for FR to create new mechanics to engage the player and let them have fun, and just as it is *nice* (again ditto) for FR to introduce the ability to control who contacts you and how they do it, it would also be *nice* (yep, you know the drill) for them to provide something like this for players to be able to control their own comfort levels while browsing.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote]I would like to point out that FR doesn't actually have a duty to any player on the site, not even to provide more genes or breeds, or even a site.[/quote] Well. FR doesn't exist as a thing unto itself for it's own pleasure, like a human or something. FR "has to" exist because someone [i]not the players[/i] wanted it to, but it can only exist with the player wanting it to. That is to say: things are only created here with the assumption there are players. Business is transactional. FR wants us to keep playing. They don't give us genes because they're [i]nice[/i]. They give us genes because they want something from us: our time and money. We don't have to come here, but [i]we're[/i] nice! And we like the things they give us. So, yeah, it's true that they don't have to give a player anything. But it does have to give the players things in exchange for being players.
Quote:
I would like to point out that FR doesn't actually have a duty to any player on the site, not even to provide more genes or breeds, or even a site.
Well. FR doesn't exist as a thing unto itself for it's own pleasure, like a human or something.

FR "has to" exist because someone not the players wanted it to, but it can only exist with the player wanting it to. That is to say: things are only created here with the assumption there are players.

Business is transactional. FR wants us to keep playing. They don't give us genes because they're nice. They give us genes because they want something from us: our time and money. We don't have to come here, but we're nice! And we like the things they give us.

So, yeah, it's true that they don't have to give a player anything. But it does have to give the players things in exchange for being players.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-06-05 17:02:46" ] [quote]I would like to point out that FR doesn't actually have a duty to any player on the site, not even to provide more genes or breeds, or even a site.[/quote] Well. FR doesn't exist as a thing unto itself for it's own pleasure, like a human or something. FR "has to" exist because someone [i]not the players[/i] wanted it to, but it can only exist with the player wanting it to. That is to say: things are only created here with the assumption there are players. Business is transactional. FR wants us to keep playing. They don't give us genes because they're [i]nice[/i]. They give us genes because they want something from us: our time and money. We don't have to come here, but [i]we're[/i] nice! And we like the things they give us. So, yeah, it's true that they don't have to give a player anything. But it does have to give the players things in exchange for being players. [/quote] That is why I said duty, it is business savvy to give players what they want, but there is no duty FR has to the player base, not even Kickstarter players. However, because of that business savvy part, it also means that something like this, that will make players more comfortable browsing as well as more comfortable telling friends/families/perfect strangers on the internet about this 'fantastic dragon game' can fall under that same business savvy as the other things I mentioned. But, no FR doesn't have to provide this, and most players know that, but feel that FR can be so much better with this than without. And this is also one of the few things that can be said to be 'don't like, don't use, doesn't affect you' because it generally won't affect you if someone else blocks bird images. Also, just reread wht you wrote, and I completely agree it is a two way street: we, as players, dont' have to come here, but it is *nice* that we do, because ultimately, FR is a business and just as we don't have to give FR anything, it is *nice* and savvy of us (in a general sense) to do so, because by doing so, we make sure that FR stays in business, so we can keep on having fun. Again, that is why something like this is something that would be business savvy, because it would keep players coming back and as stated above, it might also help relax some of the rules that have kept things many players want to see out. I know that if one day FR updated so that there were dozens of new spiders, from familiars to items to apparel, I would be much less likely to browse around, because it would be much more likely that I would run into one unexpectedly. But, if I had a way to filter out spider items, I wouldn't *care* how many spiders they added as long as they added other types of items as well.
Almedha wrote on 2020-06-05 17:02:46:
Quote:
I would like to point out that FR doesn't actually have a duty to any player on the site, not even to provide more genes or breeds, or even a site.
Well. FR doesn't exist as a thing unto itself for it's own pleasure, like a human or something.

FR "has to" exist because someone not the players wanted it to, but it can only exist with the player wanting it to. That is to say: things are only created here with the assumption there are players.

Business is transactional. FR wants us to keep playing. They don't give us genes because they're nice. They give us genes because they want something from us: our time and money. We don't have to come here, but we're nice! And we like the things they give us.

So, yeah, it's true that they don't have to give a player anything. But it does have to give the players things in exchange for being players.
That is why I said duty, it is business savvy to give players what they want, but there is no duty FR has to the player base, not even Kickstarter players.

However, because of that business savvy part, it also means that something like this, that will make players more comfortable browsing as well as more comfortable telling friends/families/perfect strangers on the internet about this 'fantastic dragon game' can fall under that same business savvy as the other things I mentioned.

But, no FR doesn't have to provide this, and most players know that, but feel that FR can be so much better with this than without.

And this is also one of the few things that can be said to be 'don't like, don't use, doesn't affect you' because it generally won't affect you if someone else blocks bird images.

Also, just reread wht you wrote, and I completely agree it is a two way street: we, as players, dont' have to come here, but it is *nice* that we do, because ultimately, FR is a business and just as we don't have to give FR anything, it is *nice* and savvy of us (in a general sense) to do so, because by doing so, we make sure that FR stays in business, so we can keep on having fun.

Again, that is why something like this is something that would be business savvy, because it would keep players coming back and as stated above, it might also help relax some of the rules that have kept things many players want to see out. I know that if one day FR updated so that there were dozens of new spiders, from familiars to items to apparel, I would be much less likely to browse around, because it would be much more likely that I would run into one unexpectedly. But, if I had a way to filter out spider items, I wouldn't *care* how many spiders they added as long as they added other types of items as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="alethi" date="2020-06-05 16:20:10" ] [quote name="@TheFreakShow" date="2020-06-05 14:48:15" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-02 20:32:36" ] This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility. [/quote] I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring [/quote] maybe they are seeking help. are you their therapist? if not, then this is not your place to comment. Maybe people with these phobias just want one safe space where they don't have to confront it. [/quote] Please stop acting like not letting people hide every other gene is the equivalent to shoving blood and gore in their face. The staff have full control over what enters the site. It all meets the PG13 family friendly guidelines already. If someone has such a detrimental reaction to pixels that are neither tangible, realistic, nor so widespread as to be inescapable, then it’s their issue to deal with. There’s nothing the staff can or should do to account for someone who’s terrified of the color cyan. There no true benefit to spending months tagging every piece of apparel, gene, accent, color, familiar ever with dozens upon hundreds of tags made in order to enable avoidance behavior which, again, is harmful especially when in the context of things that [b]are not harmful.[/b]
alethi wrote on 2020-06-05 16:20:10:
@TheFreakShow wrote on 2020-06-05 14:48:15:

maybe they are seeking help. are you their therapist? if not, then this is not your place to comment. Maybe people with these phobias just want one safe space where they don't have to confront it.

Please stop acting like not letting people hide every other gene is the equivalent to shoving blood and gore in their face.

The staff have full control over what enters the site. It all meets the PG13 family friendly guidelines already. If someone has such a detrimental reaction to pixels that are neither tangible, realistic, nor so widespread as to be inescapable, then it’s their issue to deal with. There’s nothing the staff can or should do to account for someone who’s terrified of the color cyan. There no true benefit to spending months tagging every piece of apparel, gene, accent, color, familiar ever with dozens upon hundreds of tags made in order to enable avoidance behavior which, again, is harmful especially when in the context of things that are not harmful.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-05 18:44:00" ] [quote name="alethi" date="2020-06-05 16:20:10" ] [quote name="TheFreakShow" date="2020-06-05 14:48:15" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-02 20:32:36" ] This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility. [/quote] I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring [/quote] maybe they are seeking help. are you their therapist? if not, then this is not your place to comment. Maybe people with these phobias just want one safe space where they don't have to confront it. [/quote] Please stop acting like not letting people hide every other gene is the equivalent to shoving blood and gore in their face. The staff have full control over what enters the site. It all meets the PG13 family friendly guidelines already. If someone has such a detrimental reaction to pixels that are neither tangible, realistic, nor so widespread as to be inescapable, then it’s their issue to deal with. There’s nothing the staff can or should do to account for someone who’s terrified of the color cyan. There no true benefit to spending months tagging every piece of apparel, gene, accent, color, familiar ever with dozens upon hundreds of tags made in order to enable avoidance behavior which, again, is harmful especially when in the context of things that [b]are not harmful.[/b] [/quote] *breaking that ping* Except this suggestion isn't about tagging but simply creating a system where users can input item IDs or Gene IDs (because genes have IDs as well as Breeds have them, if you look at the scrying workshop image links) into a specific area and then it would be done. Shoot, Colors probably have IDs as well, and while I don't quite go as far as allowing players to change colors, it would probably not be that much harder to simply set colors to a default gray should it be blocked and should they wish to allow it to be blocked. The thing is, you can't tell another person what is harmful to their health and wellbeing. You do not know those people and even if you are a trained therapist, without knowing that person you can't tell them that seeing the image of a spider, or suffering migraines due to hypnotic is better for them than avoiding it. that is the whole point, and even if it is better for them? You are not my keeper, and I am not your keeper. You do not have the right to decide that I should be forced to see spider images because it is 'better' for me. Only *I* have the right to decide that for myself. This would simply be a tool to decide whether I want to see them or not, it wouldn't force me to block images of spiders. It wouldn't even have a 'block all spiders' button for me to quickly do so. It would simply have a text box type interface where I could enter the ID of spider items and then those images would not show up for me. Would it be coding intensive? OF course, but some things are worth the time it would take to code them.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-06-05 18:44:00:
TheFreakShow wrote on 2020-06-05 14:48:15:

Please stop acting like not letting people hide every other gene is the equivalent to shoving blood and gore in their face.

The staff have full control over what enters the site. It all meets the PG13 family friendly guidelines already. If someone has such a detrimental reaction to pixels that are neither tangible, realistic, nor so widespread as to be inescapable, then it’s their issue to deal with. There’s nothing the staff can or should do to account for someone who’s terrified of the color cyan. There no true benefit to spending months tagging every piece of apparel, gene, accent, color, familiar ever with dozens upon hundreds of tags made in order to enable avoidance behavior which, again, is harmful especially when in the context of things that are not harmful.
*breaking that ping*

Except this suggestion isn't about tagging but simply creating a system where users can input item IDs or Gene IDs (because genes have IDs as well as Breeds have them, if you look at the scrying workshop image links) into a specific area and then it would be done.

Shoot, Colors probably have IDs as well, and while I don't quite go as far as allowing players to change colors, it would probably not be that much harder to simply set colors to a default gray should it be blocked and should they wish to allow it to be blocked.

The thing is, you can't tell another person what is harmful to their health and wellbeing. You do not know those people and even if you are a trained therapist, without knowing that person you can't tell them that seeing the image of a spider, or suffering migraines due to hypnotic is better for them than avoiding it. that is the whole point, and even if it is better for them? You are not my keeper, and I am not your keeper. You do not have the right to decide that I should be forced to see spider images because it is 'better' for me. Only *I* have the right to decide that for myself.

This would simply be a tool to decide whether I want to see them or not, it wouldn't force me to block images of spiders. It wouldn't even have a 'block all spiders' button for me to quickly do so. It would simply have a text box type interface where I could enter the ID of spider items and then those images would not show up for me.

Would it be coding intensive? OF course, but some things are worth the time it would take to code them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-06-05 19:26:20" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-05 18:44:00" ] [quote name="alethi" date="2020-06-05 16:20:10" ] [quote name="TheFreakShow" date="2020-06-05 14:48:15" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-02 20:32:36" ] This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility. [/quote] I agree with this statement. If you have a phobia, seek help! :) No support for any censoring [/quote] maybe they are seeking help. are you their therapist? if not, then this is not your place to comment. Maybe people with these phobias just want one safe space where they don't have to confront it. [/quote] Please stop acting like not letting people hide every other gene is the equivalent to shoving blood and gore in their face. The staff have full control over what enters the site. It all meets the PG13 family friendly guidelines already. If someone has such a detrimental reaction to pixels that are neither tangible, realistic, nor so widespread as to be inescapable, then it’s their issue to deal with. There’s nothing the staff can or should do to account for someone who’s terrified of the color cyan. There no true benefit to spending months tagging every piece of apparel, gene, accent, color, familiar ever with dozens upon hundreds of tags made in order to enable avoidance behavior which, again, is harmful especially when in the context of things that [b]are not harmful.[/b] [/quote] *breaking that ping* Except this suggestion isn't about tagging but simply creating a system where users can input item IDs or Gene IDs (because genes have IDs as well as Breeds have them, if you look at the scrying workshop image links) into a specific area and then it would be done. Shoot, Colors probably have IDs as well, and while I don't quite go as far as allowing players to change colors, it would probably not be that much harder to simply set colors to a default gray should it be blocked and should they wish to allow it to be blocked. The thing is, you can't tell another person what is harmful to their health and wellbeing. You do not know those people and even if you are a trained therapist, without knowing that person you can't tell them that seeing the image of a spider, or suffering migraines due to hypnotic is better for them than avoiding it. that is the whole point, and even if it is better for them? You are not my keeper, and I am not your keeper. You do not have the right to decide that I should be forced to see spider images because it is 'better' for me. Only *I* have the right to decide that for myself. This would simply be a tool to decide whether I want to see them or not, it wouldn't force me to block images of spiders. It wouldn't even have a 'block all spiders' button for me to quickly do so. It would simply have a text box type interface where I could enter the ID of spider items and then those images would not show up for me. Would it be coding intensive? OF course, but some things are worth the time it would take to code them. [/quote] And this is not one of those things. I don’t have to be a therapist to know that an image made to be cartoonish to a degree is not harmful. A phobia can be harmful, that’s why exposure therapy exists for such individuals who cannot enjoy life due to a severe misfiring in the brain at the sight of a harmless animal/object/pattern. FR is a safe setting because it is digital and already moderated for any truly triggering content. A player can click away at any moment if a dragon has some color/skin/apparel/gene that makes their brain go flight-or-fight. There is no need for a system to show a placeholder on a dragon whose page they wouldn’t even be on for more than half a second anyway. Quit pretending you’re “forced” to see anything. You can click the home page whenever you want. You can close a tab whenever you want. Hell, you don’t even have to see any image that isn’t a Random Dragon, an announcement header image, or your own lair. That is exactly one place you would ever “have to” see someone’s dragon besides your own unless you go looking at dragons specifically.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-06-05 19:26:20:
Contaminate wrote on 2020-06-05 18:44:00:
TheFreakShow wrote on 2020-06-05 14:48:15:

*breaking that ping*

Except this suggestion isn't about tagging but simply creating a system where users can input item IDs or Gene IDs (because genes have IDs as well as Breeds have them, if you look at the scrying workshop image links) into a specific area and then it would be done.

Shoot, Colors probably have IDs as well, and while I don't quite go as far as allowing players to change colors, it would probably not be that much harder to simply set colors to a default gray should it be blocked and should they wish to allow it to be blocked.

The thing is, you can't tell another person what is harmful to their health and wellbeing. You do not know those people and even if you are a trained therapist, without knowing that person you can't tell them that seeing the image of a spider, or suffering migraines due to hypnotic is better for them than avoiding it. that is the whole point, and even if it is better for them? You are not my keeper, and I am not your keeper. You do not have the right to decide that I should be forced to see spider images because it is 'better' for me. Only *I* have the right to decide that for myself.

This would simply be a tool to decide whether I want to see them or not, it wouldn't force me to block images of spiders. It wouldn't even have a 'block all spiders' button for me to quickly do so. It would simply have a text box type interface where I could enter the ID of spider items and then those images would not show up for me.

Would it be coding intensive? OF course, but some things are worth the time it would take to code them.

And this is not one of those things. I don’t have to be a therapist to know that an image made to be cartoonish to a degree is not harmful. A phobia can be harmful, that’s why exposure therapy exists for such individuals who cannot enjoy life due to a severe misfiring in the brain at the sight of a harmless animal/object/pattern.

FR is a safe setting because it is digital and already moderated for any truly triggering content. A player can click away at any moment if a dragon has some color/skin/apparel/gene that makes their brain go flight-or-fight. There is no need for a system to show a placeholder on a dragon whose page they wouldn’t even be on for more than half a second anyway.

Quit pretending you’re “forced” to see anything. You can click the home page whenever you want. You can close a tab whenever you want. Hell, you don’t even have to see any image that isn’t a Random Dragon, an announcement header image, or your own lair. That is exactly one place you would ever “have to” see someone’s dragon besides your own unless you go looking at dragons specifically.
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13