Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Censoring genes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
As far as I can tell, FR generates each dragon's image based upon its predetermined values (specie, gender, colors, genes, skin/accent, eyes, clothes.) So as far as I can, tell, this would be fairly easy to implement.

Something like
Gene Displays: Hypnotic. If ticked, then Gene Displays: Basic.

Some type of simple switch in the code. (My apologies to users who actually know coding languages.) The same for eyes. Though it'd probably be impossible to use that method for apparel and skins, so those would need some different system involving flags.
As far as I can tell, FR generates each dragon's image based upon its predetermined values (specie, gender, colors, genes, skin/accent, eyes, clothes.) So as far as I can, tell, this would be fairly easy to implement.

Something like
Gene Displays: Hypnotic. If ticked, then Gene Displays: Basic.

Some type of simple switch in the code. (My apologies to users who actually know coding languages.) The same for eyes. Though it'd probably be impossible to use that method for apparel and skins, so those would need some different system involving flags.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support! I'm not very knowledgeable about coding, but this seems doable, and if so, it would be amazingly helpful for users who are negatively affected by certain genes, and potentially eyes as well
Support! I'm not very knowledgeable about coding, but this seems doable, and if so, it would be amazingly helpful for users who are negatively affected by certain genes, and potentially eyes as well
oaONRiZ.png Void | XmHV7tO.png | PobckJN.png | bYt72YT.png
[quote]So as far as I can, tell, this would be fairly easy to implement.[/quote] Except right now it generates based on the dragon's information alone. This would require generating a new dragon for every user, wouldn't it?
Quote:
So as far as I can, tell, this would be fairly easy to implement.
Except right now it generates based on the dragon's information alone. This would require generating a new dragon for every user, wouldn't it?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-06-04 11:11:45" ] [quote]So as far as I can, tell, this would be fairly easy to implement.[/quote] Except right now it generates based on the dragon's information alone. This would require generating a new dragon for every user, wouldn't it? [/quote] I am not sure, but I think it might already do it, when the user first views the dragon, then that image is cached. At least to me that would be the way it would be easiest to implement. So, if I go view your dragons, I am not actually viewing the same images you are, but rather a newly generated image that is then downloaded to my computer. Otherwise, if you think about it, it would probably be a pain to have static images stored for the pages, then when something about that dragon is changed, have to go through and regenerate an image for every place that dragon is shown then save the image. Instead I think it basically generates an image on demand, otherwise it is basically stored as a bit of code that is then turned into an image when a user views a page with that code. I could be wrong though, as I don't know that much about petsite coding. Basically, what I am saying is that instead of on your user page having 'Almedha's Dragon Image #XXX.png' in the code (or dragon ID in the code which would be more likely) it has something like 'Breed:imperial&Sex:Female&Flight:Water&PrimaryColor:XXX&PrimaryGene:UUU' and so on. Like how the image for the scrying workshop is displayed. I think the difference between the scrying workshop and your dragon's page is that the image is 'flattened' into a regular image probably so that it can be plugged into the apparel and skin area.
Almedha wrote on 2020-06-04 11:11:45:
Quote:
Except right now it generates based on the dragon's information alone. This would require generating a new dragon for every user, wouldn't it?
I am not sure, but I think it might already do it, when the user first views the dragon, then that image is cached.

At least to me that would be the way it would be easiest to implement.

So, if I go view your dragons, I am not actually viewing the same images you are, but rather a newly generated image that is then downloaded to my computer.

Otherwise, if you think about it, it would probably be a pain to have static images stored for the pages, then when something about that dragon is changed, have to go through and regenerate an image for every place that dragon is shown then save the image.

Instead I think it basically generates an image on demand, otherwise it is basically stored as a bit of code that is then turned into an image when a user views a page with that code. I could be wrong though, as I don't know that much about petsite coding.

Basically, what I am saying is that instead of on your user page having 'Almedha's Dragon Image #XXX.png' in the code (or dragon ID in the code which would be more likely) it has something like 'Breed:imperial&Sex:Female&Flight:Water&PrimaryColor:XXX&PrimaryGene:UUU' and so on. Like how the image for the scrying workshop is displayed. I think the difference between the scrying workshop and your dragon's page is that the image is 'flattened' into a regular image probably so that it can be plugged into the apparel and skin area.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-06-04 11:48:17" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2020-06-04 11:11:45" ] [quote]So as far as I can, tell, this would be fairly easy to implement.[/quote] Except right now it generates based on the dragon's information alone. This would require generating a new dragon for every user, wouldn't it? [/quote] I am not sure, but I think it might already do it, when the user first views the dragon, then that image is cached. At least to me that would be the way it would be easiest to implement. So, if I go view your dragons, I am not actually viewing the same images you are, but rather a newly generated image that is then downloaded to my computer. Otherwise, if you think about it, it would probably be a pain to have static images stored for the pages, then when something about that dragon is changed, have to go through and regenerate an image for every place that dragon is shown then save the image. Instead I think it basically generates an image on demand, otherwise it is basically stored as a bit of code that is then turned into an image when a user views a page with that code. I could be wrong though, as I don't know that much about petsite coding. Basically, what I am saying is that instead of on your user page having 'Almedha's Dragon Image #XXX.png' in the code (or dragon ID in the code which would be more likely) it has something like 'Breed:imperial&Sex:Female&Flight:Water&PrimaryColor:XXX&PrimaryGene:UUU' and so on. Like how the image for the scrying workshop is displayed. I think the difference between the scrying workshop and your dragon's page is that the image is 'flattened' into a regular image probably so that it can be plugged into the apparel and skin area. [/quote] This, pretty much exactly. The images are already generated for every user each time that user views the dragon (and if the user never views that dragon, that image is never generated for that person)--then it's stored in the cache for easier access. If the user clears the cashe (or it gets cleared automatically/or updated), then the new image is generated. Which means, say I tick Hypnotic as something I don't want to see, the site would generate a Basic secondary dragon for me which would be saved on my cache while the owner would have a Hypnotic secondary dragon generated and saved. My viewing would not effect anyone else's viewing. Again, as Jemadar said, like the SW.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-06-04 11:48:17:
Almedha wrote on 2020-06-04 11:11:45:
Quote:
I am not sure, but I think it might already do it, when the user first views the dragon, then that image is cached.

At least to me that would be the way it would be easiest to implement.

So, if I go view your dragons, I am not actually viewing the same images you are, but rather a newly generated image that is then downloaded to my computer.

Otherwise, if you think about it, it would probably be a pain to have static images stored for the pages, then when something about that dragon is changed, have to go through and regenerate an image for every place that dragon is shown then save the image.

Instead I think it basically generates an image on demand, otherwise it is basically stored as a bit of code that is then turned into an image when a user views a page with that code. I could be wrong though, as I don't know that much about petsite coding.

Basically, what I am saying is that instead of on your user page having 'Almedha's Dragon Image #XXX.png' in the code (or dragon ID in the code which would be more likely) it has something like 'Breed:imperial&Sex:Female&Flight:Water&PrimaryColor:XXX&PrimaryGene:UUU' and so on. Like how the image for the scrying workshop is displayed. I think the difference between the scrying workshop and your dragon's page is that the image is 'flattened' into a regular image probably so that it can be plugged into the apparel and skin area.
This, pretty much exactly.

The images are already generated for every user each time that user views the dragon (and if the user never views that dragon, that image is never generated for that person)--then it's stored in the cache for easier access. If the user clears the cashe (or it gets cleared automatically/or updated), then the new image is generated.

Which means, say I tick Hypnotic as something I don't want to see, the site would generate a Basic secondary dragon for me which would be saved on my cache while the owner would have a Hypnotic secondary dragon generated and saved. My viewing would not effect anyone else's viewing.

Again, as Jemadar said, like the SW.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I support this! Personal mental health and wellbeing is much more important than pixel dragons. It would be really cool if staff (or other users! A lot of you guys are really tech savvy!) could find a way to change certain genes or attributes if someone has them blacklisted, and/or have a popup that covers the dragon, and the user could either click a 'proceed' or 'go back' button. You could be able to set the attributes you want blacklisted in account settings or something similar.
But yeah! This makes sense to me. We also have to remember that some issues are worse for others than ourselves. Not everyone has the same needs and that's okay! If we work together we can make fr a fun and safe place for everyone.
I support this! Personal mental health and wellbeing is much more important than pixel dragons. It would be really cool if staff (or other users! A lot of you guys are really tech savvy!) could find a way to change certain genes or attributes if someone has them blacklisted, and/or have a popup that covers the dragon, and the user could either click a 'proceed' or 'go back' button. You could be able to set the attributes you want blacklisted in account settings or something similar.
But yeah! This makes sense to me. We also have to remember that some issues are worse for others than ourselves. Not everyone has the same needs and that's okay! If we work together we can make fr a fun and safe place for everyone.
812d1f0ddf8bfc0ce8ab477585aa949d15dd9c3e.gif8a3dd0b4432df68f7786d4239b6e4152098e6713.gif
olleyes.gif Kami | he/him olleyes.gif
Click the ufo sticker if you want to believe in my art
oui.gif
[quote]I don't know that much about petsite coding.[/quote] Me either. xD I don't care about this one way or another as long as it doesn't cause lag. [quote]or have a popup that covers the dragon, and the user could either click a 'proceed' or 'go back' button.[/quote] This sounds like a decent solution, too!
Quote:
I don't know that much about petsite coding.
Me either. xD

I don't care about this one way or another as long as it doesn't cause lag.

Quote:
or have a popup that covers the dragon, and the user could either click a 'proceed' or 'go back' button.
This sounds like a decent solution, too!
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
i'd support something like this, though i think it would be tricky to implement.

i just want to say, to those of you saying "well it's not anyone else's job to deal with your fears" blah blah- this is a pixel dragon game. why on earth would it need to be an uncomfortable experience for some players? this should be a place users can come to relax and have fun, and if they want, not have to look at migraine inducing patterns. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. simple. in no way does someone using this filter impact you, and it is absolutely not your place to tell others how to manage their phobias unless you're their therapist. just let people play this game how they want
i'd support something like this, though i think it would be tricky to implement.

i just want to say, to those of you saying "well it's not anyone else's job to deal with your fears" blah blah- this is a pixel dragon game. why on earth would it need to be an uncomfortable experience for some players? this should be a place users can come to relax and have fun, and if they want, not have to look at migraine inducing patterns. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. simple. in no way does someone using this filter impact you, and it is absolutely not your place to tell others how to manage their phobias unless you're their therapist. just let people play this game how they want
IMG_8704.png
[quote name="alethi" date="2020-06-04 12:37:54" ] i just want to say, to those of you saying "well it's not anyone else's job to deal with your fears" blah blah- this is a pixel dragon game. why on earth would it need to be an uncomfortable experience for some players? this should be a place users can come to relax and have fun, and if they want, not have to look at migraine inducing patterns. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. simple. in no way does someone using this filter impact you, and it is absolutely not your place to tell others how to manage their phobias unless you're their therapist. just let people play this game how they want [/quote] !! This is so important to remember guys
alethi wrote on 2020-06-04 12:37:54:
!! This is so important to remember guys
812d1f0ddf8bfc0ce8ab477585aa949d15dd9c3e.gif8a3dd0b4432df68f7786d4239b6e4152098e6713.gif
olleyes.gif Kami | he/him olleyes.gif
Click the ufo sticker if you want to believe in my art
oui.gif
Ya'll complaining about migraine-inducing patterns when we don't even have dark mode yet

Anyway I think there was a thread about this a while back, and as much as I am for this idea, they would have to implement it for everything for it to have any point, not just dragons. Items, dragons, fams, skins, maybe even apparel.

I want to get behind the option for individual users to block certain things, but that seems like a massive undertaking for what it's going to do.

I do have fears that often fall very close to media I frequent, so I understand having to tip toe around parts of the game that are alarming, to be fair! I don't want to go to every dev with a hospital in their game and tell them to let me delete the hospital though, however susp i may find it! This stuff takes work!

I totally understand the eyestrain but concerning that I would REALLY, REALLY prefer they work on dark mode first, THEN that, at the very least.
Ya'll complaining about migraine-inducing patterns when we don't even have dark mode yet

Anyway I think there was a thread about this a while back, and as much as I am for this idea, they would have to implement it for everything for it to have any point, not just dragons. Items, dragons, fams, skins, maybe even apparel.

I want to get behind the option for individual users to block certain things, but that seems like a massive undertaking for what it's going to do.

I do have fears that often fall very close to media I frequent, so I understand having to tip toe around parts of the game that are alarming, to be fair! I don't want to go to every dev with a hospital in their game and tell them to let me delete the hospital though, however susp i may find it! This stuff takes work!

I totally understand the eyestrain but concerning that I would REALLY, REALLY prefer they work on dark mode first, THEN that, at the very least.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13