Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Censoring genes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="hat17" date="2020-06-02 19:20:59" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-06-02 19:10:33" ] [quote name="hat17" date="2020-06-02 16:30:08" ] [quote name="DethJackal" date="2020-06-02 16:10:00" ] Maybe someone is really bothered a by the Mirror breed’s multiple eyes - mirrors are much more common than keel. [/quote] LOL. I do know someone who is really bothered by the multiple eyes of mirrors and refuse to look at them when possible. However while I do kind of support this, but 'where do we stop' is still a real and valid question. How much should FR team accommodate the differences between players, and when should they stop? Before a clear line can be cut, I feel how to protect oneself is up to each individuals. And yes, it's up to the dev. But once someone got their wishes, there will be others to push for their wishes, and before everyone knows there will be people asking for censorship on mirror breed, or one certain accent, or on a handful of familiars, or on food items, an apparel set... etc. All valid I'm sure, but how can a game site have enough resources to accommodate them all? But if dev censors say the genes, breed and familiars but not accents or food items, then why or why not? It's a very hard decision for them to make without adding more problems. [/quote] I feel that the issue with mirrors multiple eyes could be handled in one or two ways. Either it is A. Just ignored as being something potentially too difficult to censor (because the other dragons would have to be censored as well for people who might have issues with the ridgebacks spikeyness or tundras fluffiness) or B. Allow people to censor entire dragons, but the dragon image is replaced by the old swiftwing, no genes, no colors, just a generic image. Ultimately, it is up to each player to determine their level of comfort and how they want their browsing impacted. Do they want to potentially run across a gene (or skin) or familiar or breed that makes them uncomfortable, or do they censor the images and potentially see a lot of 'placeholder' images instead of the variety of things FR has to offer. [/quote] The problem with option B is HOW the site go about doing censorship and how to make it versatile. The hardest part of your suggestion would be how dev is going to implement it. Maybe they can make gene/breed selectable for censorship and let each individual click what they don't want to see. But the same would be much much harder to apply for items and accents. The only way I can think of that would work is to group items/accents into groups, so each players can choose which 'group' of items/accents they want to censor. Because I truly cannot see how making each item/accent selectable can work. [/quote] Apparel might be an issue, though really maybe not. All it would potentially take would be to simply have a 'blank' template labeled 'censored' and if an apparel item is censored, have the image default to the 'censored' template, which wouldn't show anything, but there would still be an 'image' there, rather than the actual image. For skins, it could work the same way, or go a step further and just show the dragon without skins. After all, we know they can do that, because didn't they do that for the skin preview thing, where your dragon shows up without a skin? It could be similar where the dragon simply shows up without skins. Since each item has its own database ID, that is how they could identify them as well. Yeah, it would be a lot of work to set up at first, but once it is set up, they should just have to plug the info in for each new item/dragon/gene/skin/whatever. Had a slightly funny thought: If you censor a dragon breed, then the dragon doesn't get replaced by a placeholder image, but rather the dragon gets an invisible invisibility cloak placed on the image, perhaps even under the apparel :p (probably would be harder than simply replacing everything with a placeholder image, but it would be somewhat funny to me)
hat17 wrote on 2020-06-02 19:20:59:
Jemadar wrote on 2020-06-02 19:10:33:
hat17 wrote on 2020-06-02 16:30:08:
DethJackal wrote on 2020-06-02 16:10:00:
Maybe someone is really bothered a by the Mirror breed’s multiple eyes - mirrors are much more common than keel.
LOL. I do know someone who is really bothered by the multiple eyes of mirrors and refuse to look at them when possible.

However while I do kind of support this, but 'where do we stop' is still a real and valid question. How much should FR team accommodate the differences between players, and when should they stop? Before a clear line can be cut, I feel how to protect oneself is up to each individuals.

And yes, it's up to the dev. But once someone got their wishes, there will be others to push for their wishes, and before everyone knows there will be people asking for censorship on mirror breed, or one certain accent, or on a handful of familiars, or on food items, an apparel set... etc. All valid I'm sure, but how can a game site have enough resources to accommodate them all? But if dev censors say the genes, breed and familiars but not accents or food items, then why or why not? It's a very hard decision for them to make without adding more problems.
I feel that the issue with mirrors multiple eyes could be handled in one or two ways.

Either it is A. Just ignored as being something potentially too difficult to censor (because the other dragons would have to be censored as well for people who might have issues with the ridgebacks spikeyness or tundras fluffiness)

or

B. Allow people to censor entire dragons, but the dragon image is replaced by the old swiftwing, no genes, no colors, just a generic image.

Ultimately, it is up to each player to determine their level of comfort and how they want their browsing impacted. Do they want to potentially run across a gene (or skin) or familiar or breed that makes them uncomfortable, or do they censor the images and potentially see a lot of 'placeholder' images instead of the variety of things FR has to offer.
The problem with option B is HOW the site go about doing censorship and how to make it versatile. The hardest part of your suggestion would be how dev is going to implement it. Maybe they can make gene/breed selectable for censorship and let each individual click what they don't want to see. But the same would be much much harder to apply for items and accents. The only way I can think of that would work is to group items/accents into groups, so each players can choose which 'group' of items/accents they want to censor. Because I truly cannot see how making each item/accent selectable can work.
Apparel might be an issue, though really maybe not.

All it would potentially take would be to simply have a 'blank' template labeled 'censored' and if an apparel item is censored, have the image default to the 'censored' template, which wouldn't show anything, but there would still be an 'image' there, rather than the actual image.

For skins, it could work the same way, or go a step further and just show the dragon without skins. After all, we know they can do that, because didn't they do that for the skin preview thing, where your dragon shows up without a skin? It could be similar where the dragon simply shows up without skins.

Since each item has its own database ID, that is how they could identify them as well.

Yeah, it would be a lot of work to set up at first, but once it is set up, they should just have to plug the info in for each new item/dragon/gene/skin/whatever.

Had a slightly funny thought: If you censor a dragon breed, then the dragon doesn't get replaced by a placeholder image, but rather the dragon gets an invisible invisibility cloak placed on the image, perhaps even under the apparel :p (probably would be harder than simply replacing everything with a placeholder image, but it would be somewhat funny to me)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Oh I didn't mean to code everything for censorship is hard. I mean to make a list of tick-boxes or the like for each individual to choose what to censor. Maybe the censor option only shows up if one stumbled across an item that they want to block, like a little clickable tickbox besides the icons of apparels/accent on dragon's page. Because from I can see if they make all items a list to check/uncheck, it'd be massive and hard to work with.

Oh that reminds me, maybe they can integrate the censorship into the item database. You know how you can 'favourite' the items in the database? If they can 'censor' them as well, and make that applied over the whole site for that account, it'd be the ideal censorship we're looking for, wouldn't it? Then the only part not in the database are dragon breeds and genes, which is the easy part and very easy to make a list to just tick/untick.
Oh I didn't mean to code everything for censorship is hard. I mean to make a list of tick-boxes or the like for each individual to choose what to censor. Maybe the censor option only shows up if one stumbled across an item that they want to block, like a little clickable tickbox besides the icons of apparels/accent on dragon's page. Because from I can see if they make all items a list to check/uncheck, it'd be massive and hard to work with.

Oh that reminds me, maybe they can integrate the censorship into the item database. You know how you can 'favourite' the items in the database? If they can 'censor' them as well, and make that applied over the whole site for that account, it'd be the ideal censorship we're looking for, wouldn't it? Then the only part not in the database are dragon breeds and genes, which is the easy part and very easy to make a list to just tick/untick.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="hat17" date="2020-06-02 20:05:47" ] Oh I didn't mean to code everything for censorship is hard. I mean to make a list of tick-boxes or the like for each individual to choose what to censor. Maybe the censor option only shows up if one stumbled across an item that they want to block, like a little clickable tickbox besides the icons of apparels/accent on dragon's page. Because from I can see if they make all items a list to check/uncheck, it'd be massive and hard to work with. Oh that reminds me, maybe they can integrate the censorship into the item database. You know how you can 'favourite' the items in the database? If they can 'censor' them as well, and make that applied over the whole site for that account, it'd be the ideal censorship we're looking for, wouldn't it? Then the only part not in the database are dragon breeds and genes, which is the easy part and very easy to make a list to just tick/untick. [/quote] Ah, okay, that makes sense. Honestly, I always saw it more of either an adblock thing where you stumble across the image and click a button to block it, or a basic text box where you enter the database ID, or the name of the item (must be exact) Honestly, I think tickboxes would be way to difficult to implement, and too confusing. Basically the player would have to know the item existed to be able to censor it, while I would love to have every image tagged for certain phobias or even just tagged by various things (such as serthis, snake, half-human etc..) so that players could block a tag and get those images blocked, I think that a two fold implementation of a little button somewhere that says 'block site image' (so you could block things like the trading post background) and a page where you could block specific site assets (genes/breeds/items) would be the best approach. Edit: Sorry, was thinking of something else and forgot this: the database idea is a great idea and no matter how they end up (if they do) implementing censors, they should tie it in with the database at some point, because it would make it that much more useful, and honestly, would make the most sense, because if I see a random item, but don't know the exact name or need the ID, the data base is typically where I am going to head, so it would make sense to be able to 'block' the item from that area rather than having to go get the ID/name and go to a different page to block it. As for the genes and such, perhaps they could add another area of the database, because it says game database not item, and add things like the dragon breeds and genes, each with a little 'lore' background for them. That way, at some point in the future, when we have a ton of genes and breeds, it will still be relatively easy to go through and find the ones you dislike to block. Perhaps an idea for far in the future: There is some concern about players buying 'basic' dragons only to realize that their dragons actually have genes they dislike, but for me there are two things. The first is that honestly, it wouldn't matter, unless they weren't planning on geneing that dragon. However, most players who buy basic dragons tend to gene the dragon, and geneing a dragon from a gene is the exact same as geneing from basic. So, since they wouldn't see it, it honestly wouldn't matter whether they bought a dragon with a blocked gene unless they hate the very name of it. The second is, and this is where far in the future comes in, perhaps when/if we get the option to exclude genes/breeds/eyes (rather than having to add all the ones we like to weed out the ones we dislike) on the AH, it could be so that if you have a gene/eye type/breed 'blocked' when you do a search on the AH, those items will automatically be 'excluded'. You can of course untick them before you search so they come up, but otherwise, if you do a basic search on the AH (or even perhaps dragon search), dragons with those traits won't come up, and only the initial viewing of the AH (before you have time to seach) will it show all dragons, no matter what you have blocked.
hat17 wrote on 2020-06-02 20:05:47:

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Honestly, I always saw it more of either an adblock thing where you stumble across the image and click a button to block it, or a basic text box where you enter the database ID, or the name of the item (must be exact)

Honestly, I think tickboxes would be way to difficult to implement, and too confusing. Basically the player would have to know the item existed to be able to censor it, while I would love to have every image tagged for certain phobias or even just tagged by various things (such as serthis, snake, half-human etc..) so that players could block a tag and get those images blocked, I think that a two fold implementation of a little button somewhere that says 'block site image' (so you could block things like the trading post background) and a page where you could block specific site assets (genes/breeds/items) would be the best approach.

Edit: Sorry, was thinking of something else and forgot this: the database idea is a great idea and no matter how they end up (if they do) implementing censors, they should tie it in with the database at some point, because it would make it that much more useful, and honestly, would make the most sense, because if I see a random item, but don't know the exact name or need the ID, the data base is typically where I am going to head, so it would make sense to be able to 'block' the item from that area rather than having to go get the ID/name and go to a different page to block it.

As for the genes and such, perhaps they could add another area of the database, because it says game database not item, and add things like the dragon breeds and genes, each with a little 'lore' background for them. That way, at some point in the future, when we have a ton of genes and breeds, it will still be relatively easy to go through and find the ones you dislike to block.

Perhaps an idea for far in the future: There is some concern about players buying 'basic' dragons only to realize that their dragons actually have genes they dislike, but for me there are two things. The first is that honestly, it wouldn't matter, unless they weren't planning on geneing that dragon. However, most players who buy basic dragons tend to gene the dragon, and geneing a dragon from a gene is the exact same as geneing from basic. So, since they wouldn't see it, it honestly wouldn't matter whether they bought a dragon with a blocked gene unless they hate the very name of it.

The second is, and this is where far in the future comes in, perhaps when/if we get the option to exclude genes/breeds/eyes (rather than having to add all the ones we like to weed out the ones we dislike) on the AH, it could be so that if you have a gene/eye type/breed 'blocked' when you do a search on the AH, those items will automatically be 'excluded'. You can of course untick them before you search so they come up, but otherwise, if you do a basic search on the AH (or even perhaps dragon search), dragons with those traits won't come up, and only the initial viewing of the AH (before you have time to seach) will it show all dragons, no matter what you have blocked.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias

No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility.
This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias

No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility.
sBdLZtA.png
A way to sort of tag certain images on site, be it genes on a dragon, a familiar, item, or anything else for the purposes of identifying certain patterns or imagery that some don't want to look at, is a great idea that I'll certainly support.
When it comes to genes on a dragon however, I think it would be a bad idea to change the art to basic, as it may be too easy to mistake it for a dragon with basic genes. I imagine the best thing is to blur the image slightly, assuming the user has opted into the setting to do so.

Should there be a small button allowing you to show a single image that has been blurred? or would that be a bad idea? Should there be some kind of checklist for items and such that a user can check or uncheck to blur or not blur if it bothers them? (specifically account bound kind of thing) I can imagine some disputes about certain items not being blurred when they should, which is something that I imagine would be decided by the devs.

Side note but... Suggestions like this give me hope for the site. Imagine all the things that could be released that has been a topic of debate for so long because of its imagery being something some don't like, like gore or pustules. It may be important to mention that if this kind of thing were implemented, specifically for familiars, blurring would be the image would be great because not only would the item be able to exist, but it wouldn't keep others from being unable to aquire it even though they don't want to see it! I'd love to see something like this implemented!
A way to sort of tag certain images on site, be it genes on a dragon, a familiar, item, or anything else for the purposes of identifying certain patterns or imagery that some don't want to look at, is a great idea that I'll certainly support.
When it comes to genes on a dragon however, I think it would be a bad idea to change the art to basic, as it may be too easy to mistake it for a dragon with basic genes. I imagine the best thing is to blur the image slightly, assuming the user has opted into the setting to do so.

Should there be a small button allowing you to show a single image that has been blurred? or would that be a bad idea? Should there be some kind of checklist for items and such that a user can check or uncheck to blur or not blur if it bothers them? (specifically account bound kind of thing) I can imagine some disputes about certain items not being blurred when they should, which is something that I imagine would be decided by the devs.

Side note but... Suggestions like this give me hope for the site. Imagine all the things that could be released that has been a topic of debate for so long because of its imagery being something some don't like, like gore or pustules. It may be important to mention that if this kind of thing were implemented, specifically for familiars, blurring would be the image would be great because not only would the item be able to exist, but it wouldn't keep others from being unable to aquire it even though they don't want to see it! I'd love to see something like this implemented!
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
I support this.

But changing the gene to basic might be too weird. Many dragons were gened a specific way to look a specific way, and it wouldn't be fun for the one who spent so much effort on doing so. I think it might be useful instead for the censor to simply have a sort-of spoiler image over the whole dragon.

I also support this option even for items or apparel. It's not going to affect others, and it's going to help those who have a bad reaction to seeing certain images be more comfy playing here.
I support this.

But changing the gene to basic might be too weird. Many dragons were gened a specific way to look a specific way, and it wouldn't be fun for the one who spent so much effort on doing so. I think it might be useful instead for the censor to simply have a sort-of spoiler image over the whole dragon.

I also support this option even for items or apparel. It's not going to affect others, and it's going to help those who have a bad reaction to seeing certain images be more comfy playing here.
[quote name="TheGodOfStories" date="2020-06-02 22:48:05" ] A way to sort of tag certain images on site, be it genes on a dragon, a familiar, item, or anything else for the purposes of identifying certain patterns or imagery that some don't want to look at, is a great idea that I'll certainly support. When it comes to genes on a dragon however, I think it would be a bad idea to change the art to basic, as it may be too easy to mistake it for a dragon with basic genes. I imagine the best thing is to blur the image slightly, assuming the user has opted into the setting to do so. Should there be a small button allowing you to show a single image that has been blurred? or would that be a bad idea? Should there be some kind of checklist for items and such that a user can check or uncheck to blur or not blur if it bothers them? (specifically account bound kind of thing) I can imagine some disputes about certain items not being blurred when they should, which is something that I imagine would be decided by the devs. Side note but... Suggestions like this give me hope for the site. Imagine all the things that could be released that has been a topic of debate for so long because of its imagery being something some don't like, like gore or pustules. It may be important to mention that if this kind of thing were implemented, specifically for familiars, blurring would be the image would be great because not only would the item be able to exist, but it wouldn't keep others from being unable to aquire it even though they don't want to see it! I'd love to see something like this implemented! [/quote] This is one of the things I have often thought. If there were a way for players to *not* see things that they really don't like, that could cause them to have *true* physical affects, or leave the site, then it would potentially be much easier for FR to make the rules on certain things slightly more lax. I mean, if there were a way for me to easily block any images of spider like creatures, I wouldn't care if FR added more, or added them into apparel etc.. As it is, I can't block apparel, and blocking familiars and items through adblock is tedious, and because it doesn't give a placeholder image, tough to use (somehow one of the spiders from the coliseum snuck into my hoard). If I have an familiar blocked, the icon doesn't show up in the change familiar screen, in fact, it doesn't even look like I have that familiar in my hoard, in the change familiar screen. I have to unblock the image put it onto a dragon and then reblock the image.
TheGodOfStories wrote on 2020-06-02 22:48:05:

This is one of the things I have often thought.

If there were a way for players to *not* see things that they really don't like, that could cause them to have *true* physical affects, or leave the site, then it would potentially be much easier for FR to make the rules on certain things slightly more lax. I mean, if there were a way for me to easily block any images of spider like creatures, I wouldn't care if FR added more, or added them into apparel etc..

As it is, I can't block apparel, and blocking familiars and items through adblock is tedious, and because it doesn't give a placeholder image, tough to use (somehow one of the spiders from the coliseum snuck into my hoard). If I have an familiar blocked, the icon doesn't show up in the change familiar screen, in fact, it doesn't even look like I have that familiar in my hoard, in the change familiar screen. I have to unblock the image put it onto a dragon and then reblock the image.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
At least with static images, like items, there is a way to block them (through adblock) no matter how tedious it is. I know I've used adblock numerous times on Subeta because their gross zombie food items leave me dry heaving.

However, because of how dragon images are generated, players who get nausea from hypnotic can't just block hypnotic. They can choose not to keep dragons with those genes in their lair, but that doesn't help if they stumble agree the gene in someone else's lair, on their forum icon, or on the random dragon. Nor does it help with the Coli (ie moving spiders) though players could always opt to not go into those venues and not earn that loot in return.

So choosing which genes appear as basic for each user is the only way it'd really work. And that IS taking responsibility for one's own phobia as it wouldn't be seen that way by anyone who didn't tick that box.

I also support tagging skins and accents. If people want pustules, let them have them. And let me choose "skins flagged with pustules are invisible." It would allow for so much more creativity and freedom among artists. And allow for more representation too. (srsly, why I can freely say I'm asexual and express pride in that, but why is talking about my faith and my culture forbidden? If someone got up in arms over sexualities, they'd be shut down for their prejudice. So why should we hide other aspects of people's lives that they're proud of and are part of their heritage just because other people get up in arms?) With more representation allowed, people could express other aspects of their identity, and for those who don't want to see it, they could just flag those as invisible. (This is, of course, from the standpoint that skins and accents are vetted so that ones that disrespect cultures aren't printed in the first place.)
At least with static images, like items, there is a way to block them (through adblock) no matter how tedious it is. I know I've used adblock numerous times on Subeta because their gross zombie food items leave me dry heaving.

However, because of how dragon images are generated, players who get nausea from hypnotic can't just block hypnotic. They can choose not to keep dragons with those genes in their lair, but that doesn't help if they stumble agree the gene in someone else's lair, on their forum icon, or on the random dragon. Nor does it help with the Coli (ie moving spiders) though players could always opt to not go into those venues and not earn that loot in return.

So choosing which genes appear as basic for each user is the only way it'd really work. And that IS taking responsibility for one's own phobia as it wouldn't be seen that way by anyone who didn't tick that box.

I also support tagging skins and accents. If people want pustules, let them have them. And let me choose "skins flagged with pustules are invisible." It would allow for so much more creativity and freedom among artists. And allow for more representation too. (srsly, why I can freely say I'm asexual and express pride in that, but why is talking about my faith and my culture forbidden? If someone got up in arms over sexualities, they'd be shut down for their prejudice. So why should we hide other aspects of people's lives that they're proud of and are part of their heritage just because other people get up in arms?) With more representation allowed, people could express other aspects of their identity, and for those who don't want to see it, they could just flag those as invisible. (This is, of course, from the standpoint that skins and accents are vetted so that ones that disrespect cultures aren't printed in the first place.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
While the idea is interesting and might even be useful, I am highly doubtful that it's possible to do with how currently dragon images seem to be made. By that I have to assume that each dragon will have to have not one image that's in various sizes (standard, AH-sized, avatar-sized, coli-sized...), but also the multiple alternative "replace by basic" versions in each size - or those images will need to be generated each time a user requests a new image. Either way, that seems like it adds on a lot of extra images for questionable pay-off. While we shouldn't comment on implementation issues, here I'm reasonably sure that the majority of players would prefer all that image space go for even more lair space.

For original suggestion - "replace by basic" - no support; overly complicated.

For an alternative way to do this - by having some sort of placeholder image "this contains a gene you have blocked" - perhaps. It would be a more generic solution with, as far as I image, less complications.
While the idea is interesting and might even be useful, I am highly doubtful that it's possible to do with how currently dragon images seem to be made. By that I have to assume that each dragon will have to have not one image that's in various sizes (standard, AH-sized, avatar-sized, coli-sized...), but also the multiple alternative "replace by basic" versions in each size - or those images will need to be generated each time a user requests a new image. Either way, that seems like it adds on a lot of extra images for questionable pay-off. While we shouldn't comment on implementation issues, here I'm reasonably sure that the majority of players would prefer all that image space go for even more lair space.

For original suggestion - "replace by basic" - no support; overly complicated.

For an alternative way to do this - by having some sort of placeholder image "this contains a gene you have blocked" - perhaps. It would be a more generic solution with, as far as I image, less complications.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I can't support this. I do have a specific phobia myself, but it is [u]my[/u] problem to manage, not anyone else's. I do not think that other people should have to workaround MY issues, they are mine to manage and control. I also believe that as some other users have pointed out, it is hard to draw a line on what is censored. I think it is a slippery slope. And let's be honest, perhaps if your phobia is crippling to the point where you break down when you see a drawn version of [i]insert fear here[/i] it is unhealthy to the point where you should definitely seek some mental help or thereapy. It's not good, healthy, or brave to live your life like that. Edit: I agree wholeheartedly with everything Contaminate has said: [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-02 20:32:36" ] This would set a very poor precedent that would ultimately lead to more avoidance behaviors that have been shown to have detrimental effects on existing phobias No support for censoring of any genes, breeds, apparel, or accents. These things are already vetted by staff, and anything more than that is each user’s own responsibility. [/quote]
I can't support this. I do have a specific phobia myself, but it is my problem to manage, not anyone else's. I do not think that other people should have to workaround MY issues, they are mine to manage and control. I also believe that as some other users have pointed out, it is hard to draw a line on what is censored. I think it is a slippery slope. And let's be honest, perhaps if your phobia is crippling to the point where you break down when you see a drawn version of insert fear here it is unhealthy to the point where you should definitely seek some mental help or thereapy. It's not good, healthy, or brave to live your life like that.

Edit: I agree wholeheartedly with everything Contaminate has said:
Contaminate wrote on 2020-06-02 20:32:36:

FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13