Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Censoring genes
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-10-27 08:12:02" ] [quote name="BananicornKate" date="2020-10-27 08:00:38" ] Support. Keel makes my physically uncomfortable. I honestly dont get why this would be a massive issue either? It only affects you so I dont understand how this could have a downside. [b]I guess buying a dragon you didn’t know had that gene? [/b]Even then I’m pretty sure there are pretty easy ways to avoid that... [/quote] This has been brought up before, and I don't really see what the problem is. If you bought a dragon that has a gene you don't like, because you didn't see that gene, then you still wouldn't see that gene. Yeah, you might see in the characteristics that it has that gene, but it ultimately wouldn't matter because you wouldn't see that gene. Yeah, to get others to see the dragon how you see it, you would need to buy a basic gene, but if you liked the dragon that much, you potentially would have bought it anyway, and bought the gene. otherwise, it just comes down to a matter of 'buyer beware' and double checking things before you buy, which is a good thing to do anyway [/quote] Something that confused me was how do you want to buy a dragon when their is a previewing option? How would the person be unable to see it? Do you just buy dragon mindlessly in the auction house?
Jemadar wrote on 2020-10-27 08:12:02:
BananicornKate wrote on 2020-10-27 08:00:38:
Support. Keel makes my physically uncomfortable. I honestly dont get why this would be a massive issue either? It only affects you so I dont understand how this could have a downside. I guess buying a dragon you didn’t know had that gene? Even then I’m pretty sure there are pretty easy ways to avoid that...
This has been brought up before, and I don't really see what the problem is. If you bought a dragon that has a gene you don't like, because you didn't see that gene, then you still wouldn't see that gene. Yeah, you might see in the characteristics that it has that gene, but it ultimately wouldn't matter because you wouldn't see that gene.

Yeah, to get others to see the dragon how you see it, you would need to buy a basic gene, but if you liked the dragon that much, you potentially would have bought it anyway, and bought the gene.

otherwise, it just comes down to a matter of 'buyer beware' and double checking things before you buy, which is a good thing to do anyway

Something that confused me was how do you want to buy a dragon when their is a previewing option? How would the person be unable to see it? Do you just buy dragon mindlessly in the auction house?
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
No support.

Main reasons:
1. Would be new and continous extra task for devs that would slow down updates.
2. We are all personally responsible for our own media experience, or it is the responsibility of our legal guardian.

minor reason:
3. it is possible to set these filthers yourself on your browser

personal, vague mini reason:
4. worried about the growing amount of people avoiding even mildest of bad vibes and calling it self care, leading to development of full blown phobias and just willful censorship of media in general.

No support.

Main reasons:
1. Would be new and continous extra task for devs that would slow down updates.
2. We are all personally responsible for our own media experience, or it is the responsibility of our legal guardian.

minor reason:
3. it is possible to set these filthers yourself on your browser

personal, vague mini reason:
4. worried about the growing amount of people avoiding even mildest of bad vibes and calling it self care, leading to development of full blown phobias and just willful censorship of media in general.

[font=calibri][b]No support.[/b] [quote name="Kapow" date="2020-06-02 15:32:46" ][font=calibri]It is still my personal struggle to manage and it should not be placed on the staffs shoulders to help me cope and manage my feelings and fears.[/quote] [quote name="PlagueMaw" date="2020-10-28 20:52:23" ] [font=calibri]We are all personally responsible for our own media experience.[/quote] [quote name="PlagueMaw" date="2020-10-28 20:52:23" ] [font=calibri]Worried about the growing amount of people avoiding even mildest of bad vibes and calling it self care, leading to development of full blown phobias and just willful censorship of media in general.[/quote] [quote name="Viscere" date="2020-08-01 14:09:50" ] [font=calibri]Genes aren't the only thing that users complain about not liking. Multigaze, plague and shadow primal, and pretty much every plague apparel / aesthetic goes under heavy fire. If you started this, it would just downspiral into censorship everywhere. Sorry, plague already goes under fire way too often for just having a certain aesthetic people hate. I'd rather not see millions of demands for people to censor everything about them. It's an aesthetic that some people, myself included, adore and want more of. It would just snowball because giving people an inch means they take a mile.[/quote] [quote name="Celinikal" date="2020-08-02 17:22:37" ][font=calibri]The servers would die processing the individualized requests of 530,000+ users.[/quote]
No support.

Kapow wrote on 2020-06-02 15:32:46:
It is still my personal struggle to manage and it should not be placed on the staffs shoulders to help me cope and manage my feelings and fears.
PlagueMaw wrote on 2020-10-28 20:52:23:
We are all personally responsible for our own media experience.
PlagueMaw wrote on 2020-10-28 20:52:23:
Worried about the growing amount of people avoiding even mildest of bad vibes and calling it self care, leading to development of full blown phobias and just willful censorship of media in general.
Viscere wrote on 2020-08-01 14:09:50:
Genes aren't the only thing that users complain about not liking. Multigaze, plague and shadow primal, and pretty much every plague apparel / aesthetic goes under heavy fire. If you started this, it would just downspiral into censorship everywhere. Sorry, plague already goes under fire way too often for just having a certain aesthetic people hate. I'd rather not see millions of demands for people to censor everything about them. It's an aesthetic that some people, myself included, adore and want more of. It would just snowball because giving people an inch means they take a mile.
Celinikal wrote on 2020-08-02 17:22:37:
The servers would die processing the individualized requests of 530,000+ users.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
I want to support it, but can't. Too much work for too little a result. Being mildly uncomfortable isn't enough to justify the amount of work it would take to implement such a feature. I could go into my full-blown arachnophobia but it's not worth it. The short of it is that most people are simply mildly uncomfortable seeing such things and people that do need a censor are rare.
I want to support it, but can't. Too much work for too little a result. Being mildly uncomfortable isn't enough to justify the amount of work it would take to implement such a feature. I could go into my full-blown arachnophobia but it's not worth it. The short of it is that most people are simply mildly uncomfortable seeing such things and people that do need a censor are rare.
Tentative support. I feel like this is the only way to solve the whole drama surrounding Plague at this point. On the other hand, this would probably be a LOT of work, and I'm not really sure how one would make it more feasible. I think other people have brought up a good point about the dangers of censorship, too. I don't think stuff like trigger warnings are inherently bad, but it's important to remember that you can't always expect other people to help you avoid certain things.
Tentative support. I feel like this is the only way to solve the whole drama surrounding Plague at this point. On the other hand, this would probably be a LOT of work, and I'm not really sure how one would make it more feasible. I think other people have brought up a good point about the dangers of censorship, too. I don't think stuff like trigger warnings are inherently bad, but it's important to remember that you can't always expect other people to help you avoid certain things.
Support! As someone who enjoys participating in dragon share literally anywhere (forums, various Discords, etc) I don't mind having to spoiler the dragon or mention that their gene is well...there, as FR bbcode currently does not support hideboxes or image spoilers. I feel like it would be rather helpful to users who need it most. And as someone who values website accessibility over all else, not supporting this would be near hypocritical.

Edit: If you are proposing this as something that a user would have to set up on their OWN dragon, then I do not support this because it could lead to lots of community in-fighting. If it's client-side only, I have nothing against this, because I stand by Plague and the fight for their aesthetic.
Support! As someone who enjoys participating in dragon share literally anywhere (forums, various Discords, etc) I don't mind having to spoiler the dragon or mention that their gene is well...there, as FR bbcode currently does not support hideboxes or image spoilers. I feel like it would be rather helpful to users who need it most. And as someone who values website accessibility over all else, not supporting this would be near hypocritical.

Edit: If you are proposing this as something that a user would have to set up on their OWN dragon, then I do not support this because it could lead to lots of community in-fighting. If it's client-side only, I have nothing against this, because I stand by Plague and the fight for their aesthetic.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
Support. Of course it would only block site images, but that makes up a majority of dragon images posted on the site, and would help a lot with users with visual phobias.

If you buy a dragon with a censored gene (let's say you didn't check out it's stats), then you still wouldn't see it, so I don't see what the problem is, as there's no limit to trading/selling dragons.
Support. Of course it would only block site images, but that makes up a majority of dragon images posted on the site, and would help a lot with users with visual phobias.

If you buy a dragon with a censored gene (let's say you didn't check out it's stats), then you still wouldn't see it, so I don't see what the problem is, as there's no limit to trading/selling dragons.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
No support
Sounds like a lot of effort and in the end everyone is responsible for themselves

No support
Sounds like a lot of effort and in the end everyone is responsible for themselves

qR6otwA.png
No support. Takes too much time and effort away from adding new features and censoring them to Basic would break the dragon's intended look.
No support. Takes too much time and effort away from adding new features and censoring them to Basic would break the dragon's intended look.
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
~~~~~
Be my friend!!!
~~~~~
No support, because those genes etc. have been approved by the devs for site-wide gameplay. Although everybody tailoring their own experience wouldn't affect me personally, it could affect the operation of the server.

EDIT: Tentative support, perhaps?
No support, because those genes etc. have been approved by the devs for site-wide gameplay. Although everybody tailoring their own experience wouldn't affect me personally, it could affect the operation of the server.

EDIT: Tentative support, perhaps?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13