Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
@Lonin The KS items are donations from staff, so no more of those are being generated into the site. They've said before that they will never re-release any way to get new G1 Imperials through Roundsey, or allow players to donate Imp scrolls, because of the massive effect it would have on the economy.

Also, it would feel verry slimy for them to find any way to get around the KS contract, even if rereleasing eggs would technically not be *legally* wrong. It would be very obvious that that's what they were trying to do, and it would be super uncomfortable.
@Lonin The KS items are donations from staff, so no more of those are being generated into the site. They've said before that they will never re-release any way to get new G1 Imperials through Roundsey, or allow players to donate Imp scrolls, because of the massive effect it would have on the economy.

Also, it would feel verry slimy for them to find any way to get around the KS contract, even if rereleasing eggs would technically not be *legally* wrong. It would be very obvious that that's what they were trying to do, and it would be super uncomfortable.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
@Lonin We? Are you speaking for other people or?

To answer the OP, I sadly have to add onto the pile that it's just not legal or morally just to do that. Kickstarter folks had a huge hand in helping FR take off and they deserve their scrolls. It sucks but it's the way things are and any way to go around it will just cause a huge uproar.
@Lonin We? Are you speaking for other people or?

To answer the OP, I sadly have to add onto the pile that it's just not legal or morally just to do that. Kickstarter folks had a huge hand in helping FR take off and they deserve their scrolls. It sucks but it's the way things are and any way to go around it will just cause a huge uproar.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
OP comes across as a little rude tbh. Some things are limited, that's just how it goes, no need to scream about how we "DESERVE!!!!!" it
OP comes across as a little rude tbh. Some things are limited, that's just how it goes, no need to scream about how we "DESERVE!!!!!" it
DRAGON HOODIE YCH ART // these DRAGONS FOR SALE are EATING ME OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME (OLDIES, RESCUES, HATCHES) // BUYING 13TH HATCHES

-i don't resell my permas, 99% chance if i'm selling a dragon and it wasn't a hatchling from one of my pairs, i saved it off the first page of fodder row
-wishlist
I think it's fine the way it is with imp scrolls being super rare tbh. Also as others have voiced it would be quite rude to the people who helped fund the site in its infancy to make the thing they were given as a super rare item a suddenly easy to acquire gem scroll.

if you want an imp so badly, the auction house has plenty tbh. you gotta accept that you just can't have everything handed to you.
I think it's fine the way it is with imp scrolls being super rare tbh. Also as others have voiced it would be quite rude to the people who helped fund the site in its infancy to make the thing they were given as a super rare item a suddenly easy to acquire gem scroll.

if you want an imp so badly, the auction house has plenty tbh. you gotta accept that you just can't have everything handed to you.
cDDSaqc.png
@Jhortanas Yup yup KS items come from the friends and family of the staff. We're just saying that it seems likely that they'd have at least one imp scroll on one of those accounts that could be donated if they have multiple other KS items too.
We don't think it would be a good idea, but they've already brought back other retired items so it seems like it would be possible for imp scrolls to come back in the future too.
That's all we were trying to say :D

@Coop7011 :D Nope, just speaking for Lonin.
@Jhortanas Yup yup KS items come from the friends and family of the staff. We're just saying that it seems likely that they'd have at least one imp scroll on one of those accounts that could be donated if they have multiple other KS items too.
We don't think it would be a good idea, but they've already brought back other retired items so it seems like it would be possible for imp scrolls to come back in the future too.
That's all we were trying to say :D

@Coop7011 :D Nope, just speaking for Lonin.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Before the release of aberrations, I headcannoned my custom progen as an imperial. Having a scry of him as an imp in his bio was going to be enough for me.
Before the release of aberrations, I headcannoned my custom progen as an imperial. Having a scry of him as an imp in his bio was going to be enough for me.
Don't fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
While I don't think they'd do this because it's kinda shady, I don't think imp eggs would be breaking the Kickstarter TOS.

Imp scrolls being KS only doesn't promise backers that they're the only way to get gen 1 imps, just that the item itself is exclusive to them.
While I don't think they'd do this because it's kinda shady, I don't think imp eggs would be breaking the Kickstarter TOS.

Imp scrolls being KS only doesn't promise backers that they're the only way to get gen 1 imps, just that the item itself is exclusive to them.
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
I’ve been thinking, don’t know if this would work, but Imp scrolls that can only be used on like gen4 dragons or higher, so no new g1 imps are created.
I’ve been thinking, don’t know if this would work, but Imp scrolls that can only be used on like gen4 dragons or higher, so no new g1 imps are created.
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
I don't think imp scrolls are possible.

G1 Imperial eggs would be an entirely different story though from my perspective. Any dragon can be scrolled into a different breed. Only new dragons can be hatched from eggs. Kickstarter backers have access to a whole different layer of customization because of those super-special scrolls.

Plus, there'd still be a market for "original" years-old imps from kickstarter backers as FR has a market for older dragons. The New G1 Imps would be differentiated from the older kickstarter ones via age.
I'm not saying the FR staff should release Gen1 Imperial eggs, I'm just saying that I think there's a big enough difference between scrolls and eggs gameplay-wise to make it legally safe for them to release them.
I don't think imp scrolls are possible.

G1 Imperial eggs would be an entirely different story though from my perspective. Any dragon can be scrolled into a different breed. Only new dragons can be hatched from eggs. Kickstarter backers have access to a whole different layer of customization because of those super-special scrolls.

Plus, there'd still be a market for "original" years-old imps from kickstarter backers as FR has a market for older dragons. The New G1 Imps would be differentiated from the older kickstarter ones via age.
I'm not saying the FR staff should release Gen1 Imperial eggs, I'm just saying that I think there's a big enough difference between scrolls and eggs gameplay-wise to make it legally safe for them to release them.
WEtoEVH.png
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-03-18 14:00:00" ] While I don't think they'd do this because it's kinda shady, I don't think imp eggs would be breaking the Kickstarter TOS. Imp scrolls being KS only doesn't promise backers that they're the only way to get gen 1 imps, just that the item itself is exclusive to them. [/quote] The breed scrolls aren't the limited thing. The KS explicitly lists the breed as KS-limited, the scrolls are just how they were provided. Eggs are not a loophole. (Staff have already said they won't generate new ones, and that if every user decided to exalt every imp, that would just be the end of imps).
bakugames wrote on 2022-03-18 14:00:00:

The breed scrolls aren't the limited thing. The KS explicitly lists the breed as KS-limited, the scrolls are just how they were provided. Eggs are not a loophole.

(Staff have already said they won't generate new ones, and that if every user decided to exalt every imp, that would just be the end of imps).
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20