Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[quote name="ninety9wyverns" date="2022-03-18 15:24:31" ] i think i would literally stop playing if fr did that. the thing that makes this game fun for me at least is that you can't get every single dragon you could ever want unless you work really, really hard for it. having every scroll, every eye type, every colour etc available at marketplace price would just make it super boring. also, bringing back imp scrolls would absolutely crash the economy and make the og ones worth a lot less. they would practically be worthless, and months and months of grinding the cash for one, let alone finding someone who has one and is willing to sell it, would suddenly be pointless. i do not support the idea of bringing imp scrolls back, and i dont think that i ever will. not only would it be disrespectful to kickstarter backers, who pledged almost 10 years ago, it would ruin the game for me. this isn't meant to come off as hostile in tone, so sorry if it sounds that way. im just very firm on my opinion - some items should stay extremely rare. [/quote] We already have vials for every eye type and every breed except imperials. That ship has already sailed. G1 and ID are the only thing that really matters as a "challenge"
ninety9wyverns wrote on 2022-03-18 15:24:31:
i think i would literally stop playing if fr did that. the thing that makes this game fun for me at least is that you can't get every single dragon you could ever want unless you work really, really hard for it. having every scroll, every eye type, every colour etc available at marketplace price would just make it super boring. also, bringing back imp scrolls would absolutely crash the economy and make the og ones worth a lot less. they would practically be worthless, and months and months of grinding the cash for one, let alone finding someone who has one and is willing to sell it, would suddenly be pointless.

i do not support the idea of bringing imp scrolls back, and i dont think that i ever will. not only would it be disrespectful to kickstarter backers, who pledged almost 10 years ago, it would ruin the game for me.

this isn't meant to come off as hostile in tone, so sorry if it sounds that way. im just very firm on my opinion - some items should stay extremely rare.
We already have vials for every eye type and every breed except imperials. That ship has already sailed. G1 and ID are the only thing that really matters as a "challenge"
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". Source.
Quote:
Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice.

The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box.

Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not.

TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that.
They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". Source.
Quote:
Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice.

The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box.

Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not.

TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that.
They shouldn't, for reasons others have already detailed--be they legal or moral--but I feel your pain, OP.

I do think the site has increasingly shifted to a "people should be able to get whatever they want" mentality over the years, as opposed to just letting things be rare and difficult-to-obtain (ex. eye vials, joxboxes). Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of personal opinion, but I think that's one of the big reasons that Imp scrolls remaining exclusive is such a thorn in the side of many players.
They shouldn't, for reasons others have already detailed--be they legal or moral--but I feel your pain, OP.

I do think the site has increasingly shifted to a "people should be able to get whatever they want" mentality over the years, as opposed to just letting things be rare and difficult-to-obtain (ex. eye vials, joxboxes). Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of personal opinion, but I think that's one of the big reasons that Imp scrolls remaining exclusive is such a thorn in the side of many players.
Quote:
We already have vials for every eye type and every breed except imperials. That ship has already sailed. G1 and ID are the only thing that really matters as a "challenge"

Adding to that, bred and not bred, G1 or not, the ID of a dragon, all are user-based traits. You can totally find a great Imperial for yourself, even if you have to breed dragons to get the color combos you want. (Most people try their best to breed the desired color combo and there are lots of breeding projects going on, having the offspring to be an Imperial will just be an added challenge.)

I appreciate that the "workaround" for the old festival apparel that may be out of reach for most players, are to give them recolors. No I'm not curious as to whether there will be a Warmwater Wanderers and Gustborne Balloon apparel recolor. It's hard to think of a dragon trait that's way too hard for a player to get, if we ignore all the user-based values. I would say skins and accents but my counterargument is that they're created by players and not from the site staff, even though they are site items.
Quote:

Adding to that, bred and not bred, G1 or not, the ID of a dragon, all are user-based traits. You can totally find a great Imperial for yourself, even if you have to breed dragons to get the color combos you want. (Most people try their best to breed the desired color combo and there are lots of breeding projects going on, having the offspring to be an Imperial will just be an added challenge.)

I appreciate that the "workaround" for the old festival apparel that may be out of reach for most players, are to give them recolors. No I'm not curious as to whether there will be a Warmwater Wanderers and Gustborne Balloon apparel recolor. It's hard to think of a dragon trait that's way too hard for a player to get, if we ignore all the user-based values. I would say skins and accents but my counterargument is that they're created by players and not from the site staff, even though they are site items.
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
p6X9xBs.png
p6X9xBs.png
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
BINGO I SWEAR TO GOD
BINGO I SWEAR TO GOD
[quote name="RBG" date="2022-03-18 15:39:58" ] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/596685087261720588/954509261545807872/p6X9xBs.png[/img] [/quote] the savior has risen
RBG wrote on 2022-03-18 15:39:58:
p6X9xBs.png
the savior has risen
skin shop
he/they
+4:00 fr time
this topic gets posted every month but like, i genuinely just can't grasp why people even want this... as an avid g1 collector, literally just get a g2 imp if you want a 'special' imp so bad, its not like g1 imps have special genes... its just a desire to have something you think is special but it quickly -won't- be special because so many people have it

just like how when neopets introduced dailies that dropped draik eggs and morphing potions, now draiks (once the most valuable status symbol possible) are cheap as anything
this topic gets posted every month but like, i genuinely just can't grasp why people even want this... as an avid g1 collector, literally just get a g2 imp if you want a 'special' imp so bad, its not like g1 imps have special genes... its just a desire to have something you think is special but it quickly -won't- be special because so many people have it

just like how when neopets introduced dailies that dropped draik eggs and morphing potions, now draiks (once the most valuable status symbol possible) are cheap as anything
gQvAL6D.gifBCTRfhj.gif
[quote name="Wolfpine" date="2022-03-18 15:42:41" ] this topic gets posted every month but like, i genuinely just can't grasp why people even want this... as an avid g1 collector, literally just get a g2 imp if you want a 'special' imp so bad, its not like g1 imps have special genes... its just a desire to have something you think is special but it quickly -won't- be special because so many people have it just like how when neopets introduced dailies that dropped draik eggs and morphing potions, now draiks (once the most valuable status symbol possible) are cheap as anything [/quote] Surely it's not always down to flex? It's all about hatching a g1, getting super attached to it, and wishing it was an imp. Or wishing that for any other dragon of yours. I don't see why people couldn't have that if they truly wanted it. They got what they wanted with the primal eye vials, surely we can have a workaround for imps too. Someone else already brought up how this game is more and more about wanting your perfect dragon and being able to reasonably get it. And the g1 status is super important with the none/none aesthetics right?
Wolfpine wrote on 2022-03-18 15:42:41:

Surely it's not always down to flex? It's all about hatching a g1, getting super attached to it, and wishing it was an imp. Or wishing that for any other dragon of yours. I don't see why people couldn't have that if they truly wanted it. They got what they wanted with the primal eye vials, surely we can have a workaround for imps too.
Someone else already brought up how this game is more and more about wanting your perfect dragon and being able to reasonably get it. And the g1 status is super important with the none/none aesthetics right?
tastefulmarketing.gif
[quote name="Shisa" date="2022-03-18 15:34:22" ] They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3005065/22#post_47481037]Source[/url]. [quote]Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice. The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box. Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not.[/quote] TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that. [/quote] I actually said this in another thread recently, and this particular post by staff really bugs me. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. It's wildly disingenuous of staff to say that the Silhouette Scroll doesn't "trick players into thinking a dragon is something it's not." That's the whole point of the scroll, to trick the person looking at it into thinking it's male (or female) when it's not. There is nothing more fundamental to a dragon, mechanically, because it tells you which dragons that dragon can breed with. When it comes to modern breeds, breed has even less meaning (I'm disinclined to involve Ancients because they were a band-aid addition to help with release schedules). A Mirror can breed with a Nocturne; it doesn't matter. But a male cannot breed with a male. We already can "trick" away the most fundamental mechanical aspect of a dragon.
Shisa wrote on 2022-03-18 15:34:22:
Quote:

I actually said this in another thread recently, and this particular post by staff really bugs me. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. It's wildly disingenuous of staff to say that the Silhouette Scroll doesn't "trick players into thinking a dragon is something it's not." That's the whole point of the scroll, to trick the person looking at it into thinking it's male (or female) when it's not.

There is nothing more fundamental to a dragon, mechanically, because it tells you which dragons that dragon can breed with. When it comes to modern breeds, breed has even less meaning (I'm disinclined to involve Ancients because they were a band-aid addition to help with release schedules). A Mirror can breed with a Nocturne; it doesn't matter. But a male cannot breed with a male. We already can "trick" away the most fundamental mechanical aspect of a dragon.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20