Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I hope this thread doesn't close because I think the discussion is super neat and people, for the most part, are being really nice about it
I hope this thread doesn't close because I think the discussion is super neat and people, for the most part, are being really nice about it
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-03-23 22:19:38" ] I hope this thread doesn't close because I think the discussion is super neat and people, for the most part, are being really nice about it [/quote]
bakugames wrote on 2022-03-23 22:19:38:
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
I don't think imp scrolls should come back since it would be incredibly unfair to not only the KS backers but the people who shelled out a fortune for those things.
And I'm saying this as someone who adored imps before I realized they couldn't [reasonably] be G1s and was heartbroken about it.

While I agree with their new stance on customizing our dragons it makes sense they would honour the old agreement with the scrolls.

These suggestions about imp eggs as an extremely rare drop are very, very interesting. I do love the thought of them but I think making G1 imps accessible again is going to be extremely controversial and not very pleasant for current G1 Imp owners.

It's an exciting thought... but I would love to hear more about what KS backers or Imp Scroll buyers think, I'd also like to see a poll of where everyone stands because honestly, I just don't know.
I don't think imp scrolls should come back since it would be incredibly unfair to not only the KS backers but the people who shelled out a fortune for those things.
And I'm saying this as someone who adored imps before I realized they couldn't [reasonably] be G1s and was heartbroken about it.

While I agree with their new stance on customizing our dragons it makes sense they would honour the old agreement with the scrolls.

These suggestions about imp eggs as an extremely rare drop are very, very interesting. I do love the thought of them but I think making G1 imps accessible again is going to be extremely controversial and not very pleasant for current G1 Imp owners.

It's an exciting thought... but I would love to hear more about what KS backers or Imp Scroll buyers think, I'd also like to see a poll of where everyone stands because honestly, I just don't know.
Heart.gif
[quote name="Almedha" date="2022-03-23 21:07:16" ] Oh there's no doubt they have seen, heard, and considered every argument already. But the staff that considered all the same things this year is not the same staff that considered those things 8 years ago. Even if they're the same people, they're in different places working on a vastly different site with vastly different users. They've demonstrated the ability to be flexible if their priorities shift in the past, and I think that's a good trait to have in general. Right now, their worst mistakes have been using words like "never," which generally don't turn out to be true in the long run regardless of intentions. Otherwise, they're careful, but that doesn't mean they're immovable. It's always possible that one day it will be best for the site for Imperial scrolls to be added. If that happens, I hope they do it. [/quote] Well said! I've seen a bit of "why hasn't this been locked yet?" and my thoughts are that as long as the thread is staying within the bounds of acceptable-forum-behaviour, then I don't see why the discussion shouldn't remain open. Because I also believe that regardless of whether the thread's contents change the gamerunners' stance, it's good to have a healthy discussion. Discussion allows those who are dissatisfied with an aspect of the game to voice their point of view and concerns in an environment where they feel that they can be heard. It's much harder for resentment to ferment in an open barrel, after all. When people can talk about their point of view in a healthy way, it can help to share some level of understanding throughout the community, which is good for everyone.
Almedha wrote on 2022-03-23 21:07:16:
Oh there's no doubt they have seen, heard, and considered every argument already. But the staff that considered all the same things this year is not the same staff that considered those things 8 years ago. Even if they're the same people, they're in different places working on a vastly different site with vastly different users. They've demonstrated the ability to be flexible if their priorities shift in the past, and I think that's a good trait to have in general. Right now, their worst mistakes have been using words like "never," which generally don't turn out to be true in the long run regardless of intentions. Otherwise, they're careful, but that doesn't mean they're immovable. It's always possible that one day it will be best for the site for Imperial scrolls to be added. If that happens, I hope they do it.

Well said!

I've seen a bit of "why hasn't this been locked yet?" and my thoughts are that as long as the thread is staying within the bounds of acceptable-forum-behaviour, then I don't see why the discussion shouldn't remain open.

Because I also believe that regardless of whether the thread's contents change the gamerunners' stance, it's good to have a healthy discussion.
Discussion allows those who are dissatisfied with an aspect of the game to voice their point of view and concerns in an environment where they feel that they can be heard.

It's much harder for resentment to ferment in an open barrel, after all. When people can talk about their point of view in a healthy way, it can help to share some level of understanding throughout the community, which is good for everyone.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I would love to see Imp scrolls. The male pose is my favorite on the site.

The argument of, "just do a breeding project," or "buy an Imperial" for those that want a specific Imperial isn't cut and dry though.
I love breeding projects, and do (perform, execute, implement?) breeding projects anytime I see a design I want. I just enjoy projects more than buying an already existing dragon, and have spent over a year, and multiple generations, to breed the project dragons I have.

But I do also become attached to some G1s I've hatched. Whether it was due to the date I hatched the egg, how I found that particular egg, or the colors it was hatched with. From a gameplay standpoint, it's just a different goal completion feeling than it is with my breeding projects. And there are a few of those G1s that would look amazing as Imperials. I could just do a breeding project to get that same look on an Imperial, but it won't be the same dragon. Just as me breeding a project dragon myself vs. simply buying an already existing dragon is not the same dragon.
(Not gonna lie, I also have a current Imperial breeding project that is giving me grief, and I would dearly love to slap an Imp scroll on the darn Nocturne that hatched today, from the nest of 1 single egg between its parents. All I needed was an Imperial baby to continue, but noooo, the parents wouldn't let me have that).

Imperial eggs are also not the same to me as having an Imp scroll, because it will have no effect on the dragons I already have, and I'm not interested in Imp scrolls or eggs to simply have a G1 Imperial.

I'll respect the staff's decision should they never re-release Imp scrolls, because they weren't available when I joined, (it's sort of like something I agreed to, I suppose. "Do you agree to sign-up with the knowledge that you can never ever, ever, ever turn any dragon into an Imperial?" lol), but I would love for them to reverse the decision. As others have said, the Imperial itself is no longer exclusive anyway.
I would love to see Imp scrolls. The male pose is my favorite on the site.

The argument of, "just do a breeding project," or "buy an Imperial" for those that want a specific Imperial isn't cut and dry though.
I love breeding projects, and do (perform, execute, implement?) breeding projects anytime I see a design I want. I just enjoy projects more than buying an already existing dragon, and have spent over a year, and multiple generations, to breed the project dragons I have.

But I do also become attached to some G1s I've hatched. Whether it was due to the date I hatched the egg, how I found that particular egg, or the colors it was hatched with. From a gameplay standpoint, it's just a different goal completion feeling than it is with my breeding projects. And there are a few of those G1s that would look amazing as Imperials. I could just do a breeding project to get that same look on an Imperial, but it won't be the same dragon. Just as me breeding a project dragon myself vs. simply buying an already existing dragon is not the same dragon.
(Not gonna lie, I also have a current Imperial breeding project that is giving me grief, and I would dearly love to slap an Imp scroll on the darn Nocturne that hatched today, from the nest of 1 single egg between its parents. All I needed was an Imperial baby to continue, but noooo, the parents wouldn't let me have that).

Imperial eggs are also not the same to me as having an Imp scroll, because it will have no effect on the dragons I already have, and I'm not interested in Imp scrolls or eggs to simply have a G1 Imperial.

I'll respect the staff's decision should they never re-release Imp scrolls, because they weren't available when I joined, (it's sort of like something I agreed to, I suppose. "Do you agree to sign-up with the knowledge that you can never ever, ever, ever turn any dragon into an Imperial?" lol), but I would love for them to reverse the decision. As others have said, the Imperial itself is no longer exclusive anyway.
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-03-23 22:19:38" ] I hope this thread doesn't close because I think the discussion is super neat and people, for the most part, are being really nice about it [/quote] Same! I popped in today thinking "Man, this is [i]still[/i] up?" but not in a negative way! I've seen discussions on less controversial things get locked, so it's really nice to see this still open. I find the debates to be really interesting, and as someone who's mostly indifferent about the state of Imps, I find all the points being made to be so fascinating. I still don't care if Imps stay un-obtainable (outside of breeding, I mean), but I never thought I'd see so many good points in the direction of "rerelease them". It's [i]almost[/i] swaying me to have an opinion outside of being a fence-sitter lol
bakugames wrote on 2022-03-23 22:19:38:
Same! I popped in today thinking "Man, this is still up?" but not in a negative way! I've seen discussions on less controversial things get locked, so it's really nice to see this still open. I find the debates to be really interesting, and as someone who's mostly indifferent about the state of Imps, I find all the points being made to be so fascinating. I still don't care if Imps stay un-obtainable (outside of breeding, I mean), but I never thought I'd see so many good points in the direction of "rerelease them". It's almost swaying me to have an opinion outside of being a fence-sitter lol
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Honestly after looking at all sides here ngl I'm leaning towards releasing the scrolls again. Trying to get into the imp scroll market is pretty much impossible at this point unless you do it by shady means and it sucks.

Hell for the funni, make the imp scroll $100 each (or just 10kg, 50kg if you really want to make me cry) makes it rare but still obtainable lol.
Honestly after looking at all sides here ngl I'm leaning towards releasing the scrolls again. Trying to get into the imp scroll market is pretty much impossible at this point unless you do it by shady means and it sucks.

Hell for the funni, make the imp scroll $100 each (or just 10kg, 50kg if you really want to make me cry) makes it rare but still obtainable lol.
91741235.png77876607.png
How about to make it fair for everyone, all the G1 imps and their children on the site are now tundras! :3

If we can't have G1 imps, no one can.
How about to make it fair for everyone, all the G1 imps and their children on the site are now tundras! :3

If we can't have G1 imps, no one can.
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20