Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
it isn't actually illegal, I've combed trhough the TOS, and really all it says is that once the Kickstarter is completed that the promised things are delivered, that's it.

However it'd be a moral breach if they ever decided to re-release imp scrolls, in my opinion limiting a breeding scroll to the Kickstarter was a mistake but too late to change it now, as much as I'd love my custom progen to be an imp so he matches his siblings, he'll never be and that's okay.

it isn't actually illegal, I've combed trhough the TOS, and really all it says is that once the Kickstarter is completed that the promised things are delivered, that's it.

However it'd be a moral breach if they ever decided to re-release imp scrolls, in my opinion limiting a breeding scroll to the Kickstarter was a mistake but too late to change it now, as much as I'd love my custom progen to be an imp so he matches his siblings, he'll never be and that's okay.

DVcXRyP.png
I feel you OP, I have g1s I'd love to turn into imps but there's a good reason for them to never come back. it sucks that we weren't around for the kickstarter, but so it goes!
I feel you OP, I have g1s I'd love to turn into imps but there's a good reason for them to never come back. it sucks that we weren't around for the kickstarter, but so it goes!
they/them
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2022-03-18 15:02:09" ] it isn't actually illegal, I've combed trhough the TOS, and really all it says is that once the Kickstarter is completed that the promised things are delivered, that's it. However it'd be a moral breach if they ever decided to re-release imp scrolls, in my opinion limiting a breeding scroll to the Kickstarter was a mistake but too late to change it now, as much as I'd love my custom progen to be an imp so he matches his siblings, he'll never be and that's okay. [/quote] Oh, is it a case of "kickstarter exclusive" not being something covered by the tos? So it's more of a trust me situation?
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2022-03-18 15:02:09:

Oh, is it a case of "kickstarter exclusive" not being something covered by the tos? So it's more of a trust me situation?
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-03-18 15:13:30" ] [quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2022-03-18 15:02:09" ] it isn't actually illegal, I've combed trhough the TOS, and really all it says is that once the Kickstarter is completed that the promised things are delivered, that's it. However it'd be a moral breach if they ever decided to re-release imp scrolls, in my opinion limiting a breeding scroll to the Kickstarter was a mistake but too late to change it now, as much as I'd love my custom progen to be an imp so he matches his siblings, he'll never be and that's okay. [/quote] Oh, is it a case of "kickstarter exclusive" not being something covered by the tos? So it's more of a trust me situation? [/quote] (I'm not a lawyer, but) As far as I can tell from other Kickstarters re-releasing "exclusives," it's perfectly fine, legally, for Kickstarter exclusives to be released again later to a wider audience. I would be happy to be shown where this is incorrect, but the fact that someone somewhere was taken to court because of something-something-Kickstarter doesn't mean it's illegal specifically to release something that was exclusive to Kickstarter originally. I have only seen people cite articles that really have nothing to do with this situation (that is, people running off with the kickstarter money and buying a house instead of delivering a product, for example). So, yes, I believe there is nothing legally preventing the staff from releasing Imperial scrolls again. [quote name="Vendrus" date="2022-03-18 14:21:54" ] The breed scrolls aren't the limited thing. The KS explicitly lists the breed as KS-limited, the scrolls are just how they were provided. Eggs are not a loophole. (Staff have already said they won't generate new ones, and that if every user decided to exalt every imp, that would just be the end of imps). [/quote] The fact that the "breed" is exclusive means that the staff's promise was already delivered. The moment the site allowed the players who received the Imperials to reproduce them via breeding and sell them to non-backers, the reward became no longer exclusive by backer action. The reward was delivered (a breed exclusive to the backers) and the promise fulfilled. It must be, because if even one backer didn't want to sell the imperials (because it was a backer exclusive breed), then the promise was not kept at all. However, we consider it was. The deal is over, and the backers profited greatly in game from the Imperial hatchlings. ----- All that said, I really don't care about Imperials enough to be sad about a breed scroll existing. I think it was a terrible mistake to have an exclusive breed, but it's a mistake we're choosing to stick with! I'm not sure if that's a compounding mistake yet, but at some point I think it will be (that is, there will be more people upset that there isn't one than the people who would be upset if there were one).
bakugames wrote on 2022-03-18 15:13:30:
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2022-03-18 15:02:09:

Oh, is it a case of "kickstarter exclusive" not being something covered by the tos? So it's more of a trust me situation?
(I'm not a lawyer, but) As far as I can tell from other Kickstarters re-releasing "exclusives," it's perfectly fine, legally, for Kickstarter exclusives to be released again later to a wider audience. I would be happy to be shown where this is incorrect, but the fact that someone somewhere was taken to court because of something-something-Kickstarter doesn't mean it's illegal specifically to release something that was exclusive to Kickstarter originally.

I have only seen people cite articles that really have nothing to do with this situation (that is, people running off with the kickstarter money and buying a house instead of delivering a product, for example).

So, yes, I believe there is nothing legally preventing the staff from releasing Imperial scrolls again.

Vendrus wrote on 2022-03-18 14:21:54:
The breed scrolls aren't the limited thing. The KS explicitly lists the breed as KS-limited, the scrolls are just how they were provided. Eggs are not a loophole.

(Staff have already said they won't generate new ones, and that if every user decided to exalt every imp, that would just be the end of imps).
The fact that the "breed" is exclusive means that the staff's promise was already delivered. The moment the site allowed the players who received the Imperials to reproduce them via breeding and sell them to non-backers, the reward became no longer exclusive by backer action. The reward was delivered (a breed exclusive to the backers) and the promise fulfilled. It must be, because if even one backer didn't want to sell the imperials (because it was a backer exclusive breed), then the promise was not kept at all. However, we consider it was. The deal is over, and the backers profited greatly in game from the Imperial hatchlings.

All that said, I really don't care about Imperials enough to be sad about a breed scroll existing. I think it was a terrible mistake to have an exclusive breed, but it's a mistake we're choosing to stick with! I'm not sure if that's a compounding mistake yet, but at some point I think it will be (that is, there will be more people upset that there isn't one than the people who would be upset if there were one).
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
To those saying it would be illegal to bring back imp scrolls.

1. It is not.
2. No one in the right mind would sue, as it would cost the suing party 1000s of dollars to start, way more than any imp scroll. They would literally be throwing money out of pettiness. Lawsuits aren't free. And EVEN if the person won the lawsuit, they'd only get back the amount they put into kickstarter. So 1000s of dollars on a lawsuit for a $20 - $500 return.

That being said I prefer flight rising keeps to its promises as other games that have gone back on "it'll only be released once" promises like gaiaonline quickly fell into more shady actions.

I just had to point out that it's not illegal because this is some strange misconception.
To those saying it would be illegal to bring back imp scrolls.

1. It is not.
2. No one in the right mind would sue, as it would cost the suing party 1000s of dollars to start, way more than any imp scroll. They would literally be throwing money out of pettiness. Lawsuits aren't free. And EVEN if the person won the lawsuit, they'd only get back the amount they put into kickstarter. So 1000s of dollars on a lawsuit for a $20 - $500 return.

That being said I prefer flight rising keeps to its promises as other games that have gone back on "it'll only be released once" promises like gaiaonline quickly fell into more shady actions.

I just had to point out that it's not illegal because this is some strange misconception.
i think i would literally stop playing if fr did that. the thing that makes this game fun for me at least is that you can't get every single dragon you could ever want unless you work really, really hard for it. having every scroll, every eye type, every colour etc available at marketplace price would just make it super boring. also, bringing back imp scrolls would absolutely crash the economy and make the og ones worth a lot less. they would practically be worthless, and months and months of grinding the cash for one, let alone finding someone who has one and is willing to sell it, would suddenly be pointless.

i do not support the idea of bringing imp scrolls back, and i dont think that i ever will. not only would it be disrespectful to kickstarter backers, who pledged almost 10 years ago, it would ruin the game for me.

this isn't meant to come off as hostile in tone, so sorry if it sounds that way. im just very firm on my opinion - some items should stay extremely rare.
i think i would literally stop playing if fr did that. the thing that makes this game fun for me at least is that you can't get every single dragon you could ever want unless you work really, really hard for it. having every scroll, every eye type, every colour etc available at marketplace price would just make it super boring. also, bringing back imp scrolls would absolutely crash the economy and make the og ones worth a lot less. they would practically be worthless, and months and months of grinding the cash for one, let alone finding someone who has one and is willing to sell it, would suddenly be pointless.

i do not support the idea of bringing imp scrolls back, and i dont think that i ever will. not only would it be disrespectful to kickstarter backers, who pledged almost 10 years ago, it would ruin the game for me.

this isn't meant to come off as hostile in tone, so sorry if it sounds that way. im just very firm on my opinion - some items should stay extremely rare.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
no
no
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
[quote name="EWSpirit" date="2022-03-18 15:26:51" ] no [/quote]
EWSpirit wrote on 2022-03-18 15:26:51:
no
Anybody interested in a compromise should head over to suggestions and throw their support into one of the threads suggesting an aesthetic changing scroll that would give a dragon the appearance of an imperial :)
Anybody interested in a compromise should head over to suggestions and throw their support into one of the threads suggesting an aesthetic changing scroll that would give a dragon the appearance of an imperial :)
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="EWSpirit" date="2022-03-18 15:26:51" ] no [/quote]
EWSpirit wrote on 2022-03-18 15:26:51:
no
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here