Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
the solution, i'd say, is a new breed entirely.
there's nothing else like imperials. if you want an asian dragon, you don't have any other option. we got all manner of western dragons, fairy dragons, entirely original dragons, dragons that resemble real animals more than their mythological counterparts and even a mesoamerican dragon, but imps are in a class by themselves. chinese, japanese, korean, indian and vietnamese dragons are under the imp umbrella, and if your existing dragon needs to become one, then just sell four kidneys i guess. the closest we have are spirals, which lack the stoicism, antlers, refinement, mane and regality of imperials. their unique body plans are also hard to force other dragons to evoke with apparel and UMAs. we just need to get something with a similar appearance and vibe. once we have another asian dragon, things'll be cool. valuable dragons have their value maintained and those of us dying to turn our permas into asian dragons can do so.
my idea would be an ancient breed, maybe a wind or water one-or both!-that would represent more traditional asian dragons, with no wings, large lips and fangs, but still have the antlers and whiskers that characterize imps. no apparel, but we can still give them UMAs to customize them like imps. they could also have terts like fins, manes, clouds and decorative scales to let them resemble the various depictions of asian dragons and have more dynamic poses.
also because imperials are ugly.
there's nothing else like imperials. if you want an asian dragon, you don't have any other option. we got all manner of western dragons, fairy dragons, entirely original dragons, dragons that resemble real animals more than their mythological counterparts and even a mesoamerican dragon, but imps are in a class by themselves. chinese, japanese, korean, indian and vietnamese dragons are under the imp umbrella, and if your existing dragon needs to become one, then just sell four kidneys i guess. the closest we have are spirals, which lack the stoicism, antlers, refinement, mane and regality of imperials. their unique body plans are also hard to force other dragons to evoke with apparel and UMAs. we just need to get something with a similar appearance and vibe. once we have another asian dragon, things'll be cool. valuable dragons have their value maintained and those of us dying to turn our permas into asian dragons can do so.
my idea would be an ancient breed, maybe a wind or water one-or both!-that would represent more traditional asian dragons, with no wings, large lips and fangs, but still have the antlers and whiskers that characterize imps. no apparel, but we can still give them UMAs to customize them like imps. they could also have terts like fins, manes, clouds and decorative scales to let them resemble the various depictions of asian dragons and have more dynamic poses.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
[quote name="corndog" date="2022-03-18 19:10:11" ] the solution, i'd say, is a new breed entirely. there's nothing else like imperials. if you want an asian dragon, you don't have any other option. we got all manner of western dragons, fairy dragons, entirely original dragons, dragons that resemble real animals more than their mythological counterparts and even a mesoamerican dragon, but imps are in a class by themselves. chinese, japanese, korean, indian and vietnamese dragons are under the imp umbrella, and if your existing dragon needs to become one, then just sell four kidneys i guess. the closest we have are spirals, which lack the stoicism, antlers, refinement, mane and regality of imperials. their unique body plans are also hard to force other dragons to evoke with apparel and UMAs. we just need to get something with a similar appearance and vibe. once we have another asian dragon, things'll be cool. valuable dragons have their value maintained and those of us dying to turn our permas into asian dragons can do so. my idea would be an ancient breed, maybe a wind or water one-or both!-that would represent more traditional asian dragons, with no wings, large lips and fangs, but still have the antlers and whiskers that characterize imps. no apparel, but we can still give them UMAs to customize them like imps. they could also have terts like fins, manes, clouds and decorative scales to let them resemble the various depictions of asian dragons and have more dynamic poses. also because imperials are ugly. [/quote] best response to this yet. Just give us Imp 2.0 and then there's no complaining, and everyone gets their ideal dragon aesthetic. Obelisks are basically tundra 2.0 design wise, and I vastly prefer them to tundras now.
corndog wrote on 2022-03-18 19:10:11:

best response to this yet. Just give us Imp 2.0 and then there's no complaining, and everyone gets their ideal dragon aesthetic.

Obelisks are basically tundra 2.0 design wise, and I vastly prefer them to tundras now.
[quote name="kyoi" date="2022-03-18 13:07:54" ] As a big and supportive community we have been during these years we [b]DESERVE[/b] Imperial breed changer!!! *cries* [...] we all win if imp breed change came back. Be smart FR... [/quote] likely bait, but if not... yikes. this is a gross mindset to have. FR staff don't [i]owe[/i] us anything.
kyoi wrote on 2022-03-18 13:07:54:
As a big and supportive community we have been during these years we DESERVE Imperial breed changer!!! *cries*
[...]
we all win if imp breed change came back.
Be smart FR...

likely bait, but if not... yikes. this is a gross mindset to have. FR staff don't owe us anything.
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
[quote name="Legettios" date="2022-03-18 20:52:20" ] [quote name="kyoi" date="2022-03-18 13:07:54" ] As a big and supportive community we have been during these years we [b]DESERVE[/b] Imperial breed changer!!! *cries* [...] we all win if imp breed change came back. Be smart FR... [/quote] likely bait, but if not... yikes. this is a gross mindset to have. FR staff don't [i]owe[/i] us anything. [/quote] yeah staff dont owe us anything and im assuming op is very young? so maybe they dont understand how ….rude their post can come across as.
Legettios wrote on 2022-03-18 20:52:20:
kyoi wrote on 2022-03-18 13:07:54:
As a big and supportive community we have been during these years we DESERVE Imperial breed changer!!! *cries*
[...]
we all win if imp breed change came back.
Be smart FR...

likely bait, but if not... yikes. this is a gross mindset to have. FR staff don't owe us anything.
yeah staff dont owe us anything and im assuming op is very young? so maybe they dont understand how ….rude their post can come across as.
Untitled_Artwork.gif
[quote name="corndog" date="2022-03-18 19:10:11" ] the solution, i'd say, is a new breed entirely. there's nothing else like imperials. if you want an asian dragon, you don't have any other option. we got all manner of western dragons, fairy dragons, entirely original dragons, dragons that resemble real animals more than their mythological counterparts and even a mesoamerican dragon, but imps are in a class by themselves. chinese, japanese, korean, indian and vietnamese dragons are under the imp umbrella, and if your existing dragon needs to become one, then just sell four kidneys i guess. the closest we have are spirals, which lack the stoicism, antlers, refinement, mane and regality of imperials. their unique body plans are also hard to force other dragons to evoke with apparel and UMAs. we just need to get something with a similar appearance and vibe. once we have another asian dragon, things'll be cool. valuable dragons have their value maintained and those of us dying to turn our permas into asian dragons can do so. my idea would be an ancient breed, maybe a wind or water one-or both!-that would represent more traditional asian dragons, with no wings, large lips and fangs, but still have the antlers and whiskers that characterize imps. no apparel, but we can still give them UMAs to customize them like imps. they could also have terts like fins, manes, clouds and decorative scales to let them resemble the various depictions of asian dragons and have more dynamic poses. also because imperials are ugly. [/quote] I've never really liked how wind used asian aesthetics (though thats probably me being sensitive because im japanese lol) but imps being the only asian-esque dragon is weird, and I'd love if wind got an ancient that was a more accurate and respectful representation of an asian dragon I'd love to see a south east asian naga. Maybe the samal naga in specific

I've never really liked how wind used asian aesthetics (though thats probably me being sensitive because im japanese lol) but imps being the only asian-esque dragon is weird, and I'd love if wind got an ancient that was a more accurate and respectful representation of an asian dragon

I'd love to see a south east asian naga. Maybe the samal naga in specific
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
[quote name="corndog" date="2022-03-18 19:10:11" ] the solution, i'd say, is a new breed entirely. there's nothing else like imperials. if you want an asian dragon, you don't have any other option. we got all manner of western dragons, fairy dragons, entirely original dragons, dragons that resemble real animals more than their mythological counterparts and even a mesoamerican dragon, but imps are in a class by themselves. chinese, japanese, korean, indian and vietnamese dragons are under the imp umbrella, and if your existing dragon needs to become one, then just sell four kidneys i guess. the closest we have are spirals, which lack the stoicism, antlers, refinement, mane and regality of imperials. their unique body plans are also hard to force other dragons to evoke with apparel and UMAs. we just need to get something with a similar appearance and vibe. once we have another asian dragon, things'll be cool. valuable dragons have their value maintained and those of us dying to turn our permas into asian dragons can do so. my idea would be an ancient breed, maybe a wind or water one-or both!-that would represent more traditional asian dragons, with no wings, large lips and fangs, but still have the antlers and whiskers that characterize imps. no apparel, but we can still give them UMAs to customize them like imps. they could also have terts like fins, manes, clouds and decorative scales to let them resemble the various depictions of asian dragons and have more dynamic poses. also because imperials are ugly. [/quote] Yeah, the Wind Ancient would work really well for this, tbh. It would be very fitting, considering Wind's aesthetic and also considering the Windsinger's appearance.

Yeah, the Wind Ancient would work really well for this, tbh. It would be very fitting, considering Wind's aesthetic and also considering the Windsinger's appearance.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
i think staff should auction off 1 brand new imperial breed change scroll on rhoundseys because i would like to see the counter break
i think staff should auction off 1 brand new imperial breed change scroll on rhoundseys because i would like to see the counter break
It would be nice, but as others have said it’s both legally and morally wrong

The kickstarters were promised that Imp scrolls were exclusive to them, and used it as an incentive. It was i think also stated that kickstarter exclusives would not be cycled in later during the kickstarter, so it would be very unfair to do it anyway

It sucks people like me didn’t see the kickstarter, and even then were too young to chip in, but because of those who did donate we have flight rising now. And to thank them for that we should keep any kickstarter exclusives.. well, exclusive

It would be nice, but as others have said it’s both legally and morally wrong

The kickstarters were promised that Imp scrolls were exclusive to them, and used it as an incentive. It was i think also stated that kickstarter exclusives would not be cycled in later during the kickstarter, so it would be very unfair to do it anyway

It sucks people like me didn’t see the kickstarter, and even then were too young to chip in, but because of those who did donate we have flight rising now. And to thank them for that we should keep any kickstarter exclusives.. well, exclusive

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
I shall always advocate for a way to get Gen one imps outside of selling your soul, especially since the staff can just create ones like Garote for themselves.

I almost, almost wish Imps were never created in the first place and Skydancers were the exclusive breed, and if Imps were created presently, they'd make a great Ancient, especially if they had no wings.
I shall always advocate for a way to get Gen one imps outside of selling your soul, especially since the staff can just create ones like Garote for themselves.

I almost, almost wish Imps were never created in the first place and Skydancers were the exclusive breed, and if Imps were created presently, they'd make a great Ancient, especially if they had no wings.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
Me too, but it won't happen because it's a Kickstarter promise.

Though in my personal opinion I think it's fair to reintroduce them once all the Kickstarter ones have been used.

There would definitely be an uproar from people who bought them though, understandably, but I think that customization options such as breed changes for all breeds need to be available to every player.

They wouldn't have to release it through the marketplace though, they could add it as an extra for like a $100 merch collectible. I just think it should be available.

And the merch thing wouldn't be as drastic as you might think. There's to $20 sticker vista you can buy endlessly and some players keep that item at 6000-8000 gems or higher despite there being an infinite supply for it. People would profit from that as well.
Me too, but it won't happen because it's a Kickstarter promise.

Though in my personal opinion I think it's fair to reintroduce them once all the Kickstarter ones have been used.

There would definitely be an uproar from people who bought them though, understandably, but I think that customization options such as breed changes for all breeds need to be available to every player.

They wouldn't have to release it through the marketplace though, they could add it as an extra for like a $100 merch collectible. I just think it should be available.

And the merch thing wouldn't be as drastic as you might think. There's to $20 sticker vista you can buy endlessly and some players keep that item at 6000-8000 gems or higher despite there being an infinite supply for it. People would profit from that as well.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20