Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
G1 Lair owner here, baffled this thread hasn't been locked lol, but I just gotta point out that OP isn't a G1 monolair.

It isn't *only* G1 owners that could get use out of an Imp breed change. A dragon of any generation could look rad as an Imperial. A few of my dragons would make some cool looking Imps, and that wouldn't change if they weren't G1s, lol.

I have an Imperial anyway, in addition.

I'd probably replace my Imperial with a G1 version of himself if they ever gave us a way to change a dragon into an Imp, but I'm also not like, crying at night because one of my dragons isn't a G1, lololol.

There's some weird, subtle shade being thrown at those of us that like to collect G1s here and it's not warranted at all, lol. We're not purists, it's just...a fun challenge /shrug. I don't think my dragons are better than anyone else's, it's really not even a big deal anymore because the whole reason I started collecting them was because of the old dragon profiles being way too busy with text. The only reason I keep it up is so everything matches, LOL. I genuinely don't care if they unretire scrolls or not, it is what it is.
G1 Lair owner here, baffled this thread hasn't been locked lol, but I just gotta point out that OP isn't a G1 monolair.

It isn't *only* G1 owners that could get use out of an Imp breed change. A dragon of any generation could look rad as an Imperial. A few of my dragons would make some cool looking Imps, and that wouldn't change if they weren't G1s, lol.

I have an Imperial anyway, in addition.

I'd probably replace my Imperial with a G1 version of himself if they ever gave us a way to change a dragon into an Imp, but I'm also not like, crying at night because one of my dragons isn't a G1, lololol.

There's some weird, subtle shade being thrown at those of us that like to collect G1s here and it's not warranted at all, lol. We're not purists, it's just...a fun challenge /shrug. I don't think my dragons are better than anyone else's, it's really not even a big deal anymore because the whole reason I started collecting them was because of the old dragon profiles being way too busy with text. The only reason I keep it up is so everything matches, LOL. I genuinely don't care if they unretire scrolls or not, it is what it is.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
[quote name="Softy" date="2022-03-23 12:01:08" ] NOW, one solution would be a scroll or other item to designate a non-G1 dragon as a G1 through deleting it's pedigree maybe? Then you could use this item on an imp and voila, G1 imp that's not actually had it's breed changed. [/quote] How would this not be exactly like rereleasing the scroll? Like legitimately I don't even know where to start with this.
Softy wrote on 2022-03-23 12:01:08:
NOW, one solution would be a scroll or other item to designate a non-G1 dragon as a G1 through deleting it's pedigree maybe? Then you could use this item on an imp and voila, G1 imp that's not actually had it's breed changed.

How would this not be exactly like rereleasing the scroll? Like legitimately I don't even know where to start with this.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
Hey now that this thread has been necro'd I just wanted to say that I don't feel like UCs and Imp scrolls are comparable.

Not only are there a thousand times amount of UCs than Imp scrolls but the issue with UCs that eventually made the neopets team break is how rampant neopets hacking is. I don't want to get too into this aspect but Neopets has had two major easily accessible database leaks that are where the vast majority of UCs come from in the black market.

Ucs were becoming a liability and one that they couldn't justify being one especially since UCs weren't some special kickstarter reward but a relic of a change in art style.
Hey now that this thread has been necro'd I just wanted to say that I don't feel like UCs and Imp scrolls are comparable.

Not only are there a thousand times amount of UCs than Imp scrolls but the issue with UCs that eventually made the neopets team break is how rampant neopets hacking is. I don't want to get too into this aspect but Neopets has had two major easily accessible database leaks that are where the vast majority of UCs come from in the black market.

Ucs were becoming a liability and one that they couldn't justify being one especially since UCs weren't some special kickstarter reward but a relic of a change in art style.
ryE2w5W.png

Beau
Any/all
2D/3D artist and animator
about

0K30XFq.png

[quote name="Forward" date="2022-03-23 19:13:57" ] Hey now that this thread has been necro'd [/quote] "Necro'd"? When the first post was less than a week ago? Hardly. [quote name="Softy" date="2022-03-23 12:01:08" ] NOW, one solution would be a scroll or other item to designate a non-G1 dragon as a G1 through deleting it's pedigree maybe?[/quote] But then how would that dragon be listed in its parents' offspring lists? Whether it was still listed or not, it would do weird things to dragon genealogies. I guess those particular dragons are unlikely to be bred, so at least the question of which other dragons it was related to wouldn't arise... but on the other hand, what if it was bred before becoming a G1? Would its offspring be regarded afterward as being related to their grandparents or not? I don't think this is a good solution. [quote]Then you could use this item on an imp and voila, G1 imp that's not actually had it's breed changed. [/quote] We would then have "fake" G1s and "real" G1s, and as with the eye vials, people would start asking for an indicator of which was which. The only reason that didn't/doesn't happen with the original G1 imps is that everyone knows there is no way to get a G1 imp except by scrolling a G1 of a different breed, so there's no possible "deception" going on. Even in the extremely unlikely event that we got new imp breed scrolls, I'm sure some collectors would value imps scrolled with a Kickstarter scroll more highly than imps created by the new ones, and want to be able to see which was which. People whose criterion for value is that there are hardly any of this item specifically define "valuable" so that there are hardly any of whatever they want to collect, and if there starts being more of that item, they'll create a distinction between the old ones and the new ones, so that their item remains rare.
Forward wrote on 2022-03-23 19:13:57:
Hey now that this thread has been necro'd
"Necro'd"? When the first post was less than a week ago? Hardly.

Softy wrote on 2022-03-23 12:01:08:
NOW, one solution would be a scroll or other item to designate a non-G1 dragon as a G1 through deleting it's pedigree maybe?
But then how would that dragon be listed in its parents' offspring lists? Whether it was still listed or not, it would do weird things to dragon genealogies.

I guess those particular dragons are unlikely to be bred, so at least the question of which other dragons it was related to wouldn't arise... but on the other hand, what if it was bred before becoming a G1? Would its offspring be regarded afterward as being related to their grandparents or not? I don't think this is a good solution.

Quote:
Then you could use this item on an imp and voila, G1 imp that's not actually had it's breed changed.
We would then have "fake" G1s and "real" G1s, and as with the eye vials, people would start asking for an indicator of which was which. The only reason that didn't/doesn't happen with the original G1 imps is that everyone knows there is no way to get a G1 imp except by scrolling a G1 of a different breed, so there's no possible "deception" going on.

Even in the extremely unlikely event that we got new imp breed scrolls, I'm sure some collectors would value imps scrolled with a Kickstarter scroll more highly than imps created by the new ones, and want to be able to see which was which.

People whose criterion for value is that there are hardly any of this item specifically define "valuable" so that there are hardly any of whatever they want to collect, and if there starts being more of that item, they'll create a distinction between the old ones and the new ones, so that their item remains rare.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
Sorry for saying necro'd what i meant was that ppl weren't posting on it for a while so i waited until ppl were posting on it again because i didnt want to re bring up a convo that died down
Sorry for saying necro'd what i meant was that ppl weren't posting on it for a while so i waited until ppl were posting on it again because i didnt want to re bring up a convo that died down
ryE2w5W.png

Beau
Any/all
2D/3D artist and animator
about

0K30XFq.png

[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d5863d59fa04fb08510019c526e906b5/a886b14b3d261ea2-63/s1280x1920/5291f2db001c4d7e36330b947ad892f09e153a9f.png[/img] But seriously, I highly doubt anything people are saying is going to change staff's mind. They've been pretty firm on their stance on not releasing more Imp scrolls. Threads like these will only ever result in arguing in circles - The site's almost 10 years old, I bet staff have seen, heard, and considered every argument already.
5291f2db001c4d7e36330b947ad892f09e153a9f.png

But seriously, I highly doubt anything people are saying is going to change staff's mind. They've been pretty firm on their stance on not releasing more Imp scrolls. Threads like these will only ever result in arguing in circles - The site's almost 10 years old, I bet staff have seen, heard, and considered every argument already.
[quote name="IvoryFrost" date="2022-03-23 11:37:09" ] Never understood the argument for this, there are over 7000 imperials on the auction house right now, if you want a certain colour combination then breed for one? [/quote] Many imperials are distant cousins of one another. In fact a lot of x/obsidian/obsidian imperials come from [i]one[/i] pairing from 2014 (might be 2013ish it's been a while). Imperials are more likely to run into the 'ur related!' bloodline issue compared to almost any breed on site due to a limited amount of bloodlines existing. I mean, it's not a problem gameplay-wise after four generations but still... [emoji=skull size=1] G1s of anything offer a lot more then just a clean spot for not having parents--it offers new lineage chances that are easy to track down.
IvoryFrost wrote on 2022-03-23 11:37:09:
Never understood the argument for this, there are over 7000 imperials on the auction house right now, if you want a certain colour combination then breed for one?
Many imperials are distant cousins of one another. In fact a lot of x/obsidian/obsidian imperials come from one pairing from 2014 (might be 2013ish it's been a while).

Imperials are more likely to run into the 'ur related!' bloodline issue compared to almost any breed on site due to a limited amount of bloodlines existing. I mean, it's not a problem gameplay-wise after four generations but still...

G1s of anything offer a lot more then just a clean spot for not having parents--it offers new lineage chances that are easy to track down.
siggy.png
yea i think we should re-release the imperial scrolls on the basis of it'd be really funny
yea i think we should re-release the imperial scrolls on the basis of it'd be really funny
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[quote name="LittleAntler" date="2022-03-23 20:45:21" ] But seriously, I highly doubt anything people are saying is going to change staff's mind. They've been pretty firm on their stance on not releasing more Imp scrolls. Threads like these will only ever result in arguing in circles - The site's almost 10 years old, I bet staff have seen, heard, and considered every argument already. [/quote] Oh there's no doubt they have seen, heard, and considered every argument already. But the staff that considered all the same things this year is not the same staff that considered those things 8 years ago. Even if they're the same people, they're in different places working on a vastly different site with vastly different users. They've demonstrated the ability to be flexible if their priorities shift in the past, and I think that's a good trait to have in general. Right now, their worst mistakes have been using words like "never," which generally don't turn out to be true in the long run regardless of intentions. Otherwise, they're careful, but that doesn't mean they're immovable. It's always possible that one day it will be best for the site for Imperial scrolls to be added. If that happens, I hope they do it.
LittleAntler wrote on 2022-03-23 20:45:21:
But seriously, I highly doubt anything people are saying is going to change staff's mind. They've been pretty firm on their stance on not releasing more Imp scrolls. Threads like these will only ever result in arguing in circles - The site's almost 10 years old, I bet staff have seen, heard, and considered every argument already.
Oh there's no doubt they have seen, heard, and considered every argument already. But the staff that considered all the same things this year is not the same staff that considered those things 8 years ago. Even if they're the same people, they're in different places working on a vastly different site with vastly different users. They've demonstrated the ability to be flexible if their priorities shift in the past, and I think that's a good trait to have in general. Right now, their worst mistakes have been using words like "never," which generally don't turn out to be true in the long run regardless of intentions. Otherwise, they're careful, but that doesn't mean they're immovable. It's always possible that one day it will be best for the site for Imperial scrolls to be added. If that happens, I hope they do it.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
well said almedha! ^^^

i really wish we could get scrolls back, or imp eggs. what zenzic said about g1s on pg13 sums up how i feel about imps with a mostly g1 lair myself. i'm glad that they're not my favorite breed, but they're neat enough to where i'd definitely have some if i could have them as g1s.

all of us g1 peeps already learned to live without them when we decided how to play the game; doesn't mean we aren't allowed to post about wishing for the opportunity though?
well said almedha! ^^^

i really wish we could get scrolls back, or imp eggs. what zenzic said about g1s on pg13 sums up how i feel about imps with a mostly g1 lair myself. i'm glad that they're not my favorite breed, but they're neat enough to where i'd definitely have some if i could have them as g1s.

all of us g1 peeps already learned to live without them when we decided how to play the game; doesn't mean we aren't allowed to post about wishing for the opportunity though?
yzUX307.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20