Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want imp breed changers so bad
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20
[quote name="Almedha" date="2022-03-18 16:00:12" ] I actually said this in another thread recently, and this particular post by staff really bugs me. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. It's wildly disingenuous of staff to say that the Silhouette Scroll doesn't "trick players into thinking a dragon is something it's not." That's the whole point of the scroll, to trick the person looking at it into thinking it's male (or female) when it's not. There is nothing more fundamental to a dragon, mechanically, because it tells you which dragons that dragon can breed with. When it comes to modern breeds, breed has even less meaning (I'm disinclined to involve Ancients because they were a band-aid addition to help with release schedules). A Mirror can breed with a Nocturne; it doesn't matter. But a male cannot breed with a male. We already can "trick" away the most fundamental mechanical aspect of a dragon. [/quote] There's a very clear symbol on silhouette scrolled dragons that shows not only what gender it is, but that the scroll has been used on it. Those dragons can be filtered out of searches, even, so I feel this is kind of a bad faith argument.
Almedha wrote on 2022-03-18 16:00:12:
I actually said this in another thread recently, and this particular post by staff really bugs me. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. It's wildly disingenuous of staff to say that the Silhouette Scroll doesn't "trick players into thinking a dragon is something it's not." That's the whole point of the scroll, to trick the person looking at it into thinking it's male (or female) when it's not.

There is nothing more fundamental to a dragon, mechanically, because it tells you which dragons that dragon can breed with. When it comes to modern breeds, breed has even less meaning (I'm disinclined to involve Ancients because they were a band-aid addition to help with release schedules). A Mirror can breed with a Nocturne; it doesn't matter. But a male cannot breed with a male. We already can "trick" away the most fundamental mechanical aspect of a dragon.

There's a very clear symbol on silhouette scrolled dragons that shows not only what gender it is, but that the scroll has been used on it. Those dragons can be filtered out of searches, even, so I feel this is kind of a bad faith argument.
Call me Ori!
+3 FR Time

ePOliyb.png
KwxLkEj.png
7vhtsnW.png
nnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
[quote name="horlzonline" date="2022-03-18 16:10:06" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2022-03-18 16:00:12" ] [quote name="Shisa" date="2022-03-18 15:34:22" ] They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3005065/22#post_47481037]Source[/url]. [quote]Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice. The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box. Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not.[/quote] TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that. [/quote] I actually said this in another thread recently, and this particular post by staff really bugs me. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. It's wildly disingenuous of staff to say that the Silhouette Scroll doesn't "trick players into thinking a dragon is something it's not." That's the whole point of the scroll, to trick the person looking at it into thinking it's male (or female) when it's not. There is nothing more fundamental to a dragon, mechanically, because it tells you which dragons that dragon can breed with. When it comes to modern breeds, breed has even less meaning (I'm disinclined to involve Ancients because they were a band-aid addition to help with release schedules). A Mirror can breed with a Nocturne; it doesn't matter. But a male cannot breed with a male. We already can "trick" away the most fundamental mechanical aspect of a dragon. [/quote] There's a very clear symbol on silhouette scrolled dragons that shows not only what gender it is, but that the scroll has been used on it. Those dragons can be filtered out of searches, even, so I feel this is kind of a bad faith argument. [/quote] I'm not sure why you're ignoring the context in which the staff's statement was made. The staff commented on a Suggestions thread about a "silhouette scroll" but for Imps--thereby not making an "actual" Imperial, but having a lookalike Imperial that's actually another breed. The implication with calling it a "silhouette scroll," which we have, is that the scroll would come with an icon like the silhouette scroll has (therefore easily seen by a symbol what it is/not). Granted, that means that this statement by staff doesn't necessarily belong here (if we're talking exclusively about scrolls and eggs), but I didn't bring it here. I think the silhouette solution is interesting and I don't see why it shouldn't be seriously considered for making "G1 Imperials" more widely available. Because it won't be an actual G1 Imperial, but, like the recolors of retired items, it would look like one.
horlzonline wrote on 2022-03-18 16:10:06:
Almedha wrote on 2022-03-18 16:00:12:
Shisa wrote on 2022-03-18 15:34:22:
They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". Source.
Quote:
Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice.

The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box.

Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not.
TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that.
I actually said this in another thread recently, and this particular post by staff really bugs me. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. It's wildly disingenuous of staff to say that the Silhouette Scroll doesn't "trick players into thinking a dragon is something it's not." That's the whole point of the scroll, to trick the person looking at it into thinking it's male (or female) when it's not.

There is nothing more fundamental to a dragon, mechanically, because it tells you which dragons that dragon can breed with. When it comes to modern breeds, breed has even less meaning (I'm disinclined to involve Ancients because they were a band-aid addition to help with release schedules). A Mirror can breed with a Nocturne; it doesn't matter. But a male cannot breed with a male. We already can "trick" away the most fundamental mechanical aspect of a dragon.
There's a very clear symbol on silhouette scrolled dragons that shows not only what gender it is, but that the scroll has been used on it. Those dragons can be filtered out of searches, even, so I feel this is kind of a bad faith argument.
I'm not sure why you're ignoring the context in which the staff's statement was made. The staff commented on a Suggestions thread about a "silhouette scroll" but for Imps--thereby not making an "actual" Imperial, but having a lookalike Imperial that's actually another breed. The implication with calling it a "silhouette scroll," which we have, is that the scroll would come with an icon like the silhouette scroll has (therefore easily seen by a symbol what it is/not). Granted, that means that this statement by staff doesn't necessarily belong here (if we're talking exclusively about scrolls and eggs), but I didn't bring it here.

I think the silhouette solution is interesting and I don't see why it shouldn't be seriously considered for making "G1 Imperials" more widely available. Because it won't be an actual G1 Imperial, but, like the recolors of retired items, it would look like one.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I wish the banned accounts that had a legit scroll or non-progen g1 imp would get cycled back. Nothing 'new' would be made but give others a little more of a chance.

I'm well aware of 'but bans might be overturned!' mindset but I think some having like bans from 2014 ain't coming back.

or the devs breed some g1 imps and put more g2 lineages into the market. That would be so cool since we have a huge bottleneck right now.
I wish the banned accounts that had a legit scroll or non-progen g1 imp would get cycled back. Nothing 'new' would be made but give others a little more of a chance.

I'm well aware of 'but bans might be overturned!' mindset but I think some having like bans from 2014 ain't coming back.

or the devs breed some g1 imps and put more g2 lineages into the market. That would be so cool since we have a huge bottleneck right now.
siggy.png
[quote name="Shisa" date="2022-03-18 15:34:22" ] They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". Source. Quote: Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice. The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box. Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not. TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that. [/quote] And I for one think that's grossly hypocritical of them and against the very thing they stated was the "goal" of the site.
Shisa wrote on 2022-03-18 15:34:22:
They actually made an official statement on this last year, when people were reacting to the change in site philosophy after the change to the eye system and suggesting silhouette scrolls that would create "mock imperial breed changes". Source.

Quote:
Imperial breed change/release is and remains a firm Kickstarter-backer reward only. If a backer chooses to breed their imperial dragons or trade their scroll to other players, that’s their choice.

The premise of the suggestion in and of itself is inaccurate and leans a little too far towards a bad faith argument for what’s healthy in a forum and community. Through breeding, gene scrolls, and now with the introduction of the Eye Type vials, players are able to work towards any dream dragon created in the Scrying Workshop. This site feature which allows you to preview what a possible dragon can look like does not mark or designate a dragon’s generation. In other words, the Scrying Workshop only reflects a dragon’s possible breed, genes, colors, sex, age, and eye type. It’s disingenuous to claim that the necessary correction to the Eye Type system launched in 2018 would also require that we re-release Kickstarter-exclusive imperials for a “First Generation” designation in a description box.

Regarding the proposed silhouette scroll to make any dragon breed look like an imperial dragon: The Silhouette Scroll does not change the fundamental part of a dragon’s image—its breed artwork. We will not put out an item that would trick other players into thinking a dragon is something it’s not.

TL;DR: They’re not interested in re-releasing Kickstarter items. They do not want to create ways for dragons to look like other breeds without explicitly breed changing. And they are not interested in catering to the wishes of those that want generation 1 Imperials – everything offered in the Scrying Workshop is now attainable as intended and the optional generation 1 designation is not part of that.

And I for one think that's grossly hypocritical of them and against the very thing they stated was the "goal" of the site.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="RBG" date="2022-03-18 15:39:58" ] [/quote] Thanks. The thread was having a decent debate about a topic but getting it locked as fast as possible with low effort memes is way more valuable to the discussion. Somebody who cares more than me can we get a counter meme to sink discussion even faster?
RBG wrote on 2022-03-18 15:39:58:
Thanks. The thread was having a decent debate about a topic but getting it locked as fast as possible with low effort memes is way more valuable to the discussion. Somebody who cares more than me can we get a counter meme to sink discussion even faster?
[quote name="907" date="2022-03-18 16:32:48" ] I wish the banned accounts that had a legit scroll or non-progen g1 imp would get cycled back. Nothing 'new' would be made but give others a little more of a chance. I'm well aware of 'but bans might be overturned!' mindset but I think some having like bans from 2014 ain't coming back. or the devs breed some g1 imps and put more g2 lineages into the market. That would be so cool since we have a huge bottleneck right now. [/quote] Do you think if this were actually done, could the nonprogen g1 imps be released through Roundsey? It could certainly be a possibility to counteract inflation, although I haven't really seen inflation be a big issue on FR.
907 wrote on 2022-03-18 16:32:48:

Do you think if this were actually done, could the nonprogen g1 imps be released through Roundsey? It could certainly be a possibility to counteract inflation, although I haven't really seen inflation be a big issue on FR.
1xcX4j2.gif
[quote name="MewBladeXxX" date="2022-03-18 16:47:10" ] [quote name="907" date="2022-03-18 16:32:48" ] I wish the banned accounts that had a legit scroll or non-progen g1 imp would get cycled back. Nothing 'new' would be made but give others a little more of a chance. I'm well aware of 'but bans might be overturned!' mindset but I think some having like bans from 2014 ain't coming back. or the devs breed some g1 imps and put more g2 lineages into the market. That would be so cool since we have a huge bottleneck right now. [/quote] Do you think if this were actually done, could the nonprogen g1 imps be released through Roundsey? It could certainly be a possibility to counteract inflation, although I haven't really seen inflation be a big issue on FR. [/quote] How many banned accounts actually have G1 imps in them period? At best that would realise a handful of G1 imps and personally I think it's kinda crappy to rob an account if somebody managed to get the ban overturned. I don't think reintroducing like 25 or so imps into a lottery system is even worth that.
MewBladeXxX wrote on 2022-03-18 16:47:10:
907 wrote on 2022-03-18 16:32:48:

Do you think if this were actually done, could the nonprogen g1 imps be released through Roundsey? It could certainly be a possibility to counteract inflation, although I haven't really seen inflation be a big issue on FR.

How many banned accounts actually have G1 imps in them period? At best that would realise a handful of G1 imps and personally I think it's kinda crappy to rob an account if somebody managed to get the ban overturned. I don't think reintroducing like 25 or so imps into a lottery system is even worth that.
[quote name="MewBladeXxX" date="2022-03-18 16:47:10" ] Do you think if this were actually done, could the nonprogen g1 imps be released through Roundsey? It could certainly be a possibility to counteract inflation, although I haven't really seen inflation be a big issue on FR. [/quote] In theory if the devs allowed it could be. As long as it's clear they're not making a new imp out of thin air. Same with scroll(s) I guess. We know the amount of scrolls that should exist because the KS tiers was clear on rewards too. So it's not like poof suddenly 20000 appear. It wouldn't happen.
MewBladeXxX wrote on 2022-03-18 16:47:10:
In theory if the devs allowed it could be. As long as it's clear they're not making a new imp out of thin air. Same with scroll(s) I guess.

We know the amount of scrolls that should exist because the KS tiers was clear on rewards too. So it's not like poof suddenly 20000 appear. It wouldn't happen.
siggy.png
Doubt a re-release of the scrolls will ever happen. The thought of 1-5 imp eggs being created and raffled off through Roundsey once in a decade (if FR lives to see multiple decades) would be pretty cool. They're values would hardly decrease as more ancient accounts become inactive.

I don't mind either way, not having access to G1 imps, I'm happy as is with owning G2 imps instead.
Doubt a re-release of the scrolls will ever happen. The thought of 1-5 imp eggs being created and raffled off through Roundsey once in a decade (if FR lives to see multiple decades) would be pretty cool. They're values would hardly decrease as more ancient accounts become inactive.

I don't mind either way, not having access to G1 imps, I'm happy as is with owning G2 imps instead.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
this is some of the worst bait ive seen in a while. Stop.
this is some of the worst bait ive seen in a while. Stop.
5gqCC4H.gif‎‎Please ping me! E718jtQ.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20