Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | For science! Dragon economy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?
XYY and XYZ if they look neat (hello subspecies)

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
Sometimes. Depends on subspecies or not. Not a subspecies? Yes. Subspecies? Eye lore matters more.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
Yep. Subspecies mostly. Have a few other pairs, but definitely subspecies. I'll rent nests if I need to.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
All but eye projects. I got frustrated out of that one, and that was before the vials retired. I've had decent luck with scatters before, though. Gene projects are life (I'm very patient), and breeding projects are interesting enough. Only ones frustrating are breeding projects, but that's just because I seem to have terrible nest luck (weggs are my worst nightmare).

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
Yep. G1s are life, I think lots of my kids are technically old now (hello 2014 join date), IDs were fun (thread I was in dissolved and made me a little salty when my "special IDs" weren't special anymore), I have some sentimental kids and special dates (to me), and lineages are fun when I get into them (Naomi rabbit hole here).

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
If they're perfect as is, yay. If not, I can most definitely gene them myself. I breed for colors if the colors/eyes don't exist. Otherwise, if I can get my hands on the right colors/eyes, I'll just gene them up myself.

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
I exalt fodder when I breed it (mirror/fae pair meant to produce ugly combos that decide to not be ugly on me). Supposed to be XYZ, but they can apparently make XYYs.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
Time to cry in 3 spaces left! aesthetic might do it for me too, but there's also price.

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
Nope. I exalt my own kids, they flee from the system to Plaguemum, and I get money. Not a waste for me. And if someone decides they want them for a perma dragon, good for them. I'll give it to them if they ask. I can always breed more.
XYY and XYZ if they look neat (hello subspecies)

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
Sometimes. Depends on subspecies or not. Not a subspecies? Yes. Subspecies? Eye lore matters more.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
Yep. Subspecies mostly. Have a few other pairs, but definitely subspecies. I'll rent nests if I need to.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
All but eye projects. I got frustrated out of that one, and that was before the vials retired. I've had decent luck with scatters before, though. Gene projects are life (I'm very patient), and breeding projects are interesting enough. Only ones frustrating are breeding projects, but that's just because I seem to have terrible nest luck (weggs are my worst nightmare).

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
Yep. G1s are life, I think lots of my kids are technically old now (hello 2014 join date), IDs were fun (thread I was in dissolved and made me a little salty when my "special IDs" weren't special anymore), I have some sentimental kids and special dates (to me), and lineages are fun when I get into them (Naomi rabbit hole here).

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
If they're perfect as is, yay. If not, I can most definitely gene them myself. I breed for colors if the colors/eyes don't exist. Otherwise, if I can get my hands on the right colors/eyes, I'll just gene them up myself.

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
I exalt fodder when I breed it (mirror/fae pair meant to produce ugly combos that decide to not be ugly on me). Supposed to be XYZ, but they can apparently make XYYs.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
Time to cry in 3 spaces left! aesthetic might do it for me too, but there's also price.

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
Nope. I exalt my own kids, they flee from the system to Plaguemum, and I get money. Not a waste for me. And if someone decides they want them for a perma dragon, good for them. I'll give it to them if they ask. I can always breed more.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
Hm.. Well, I guess XXY's. I have a whole tab dedicated to obs/obs/? dragons. With a couple exceptions.

Well, if the eyes are noticeable like glowing, primal, MG, big eyes in general, then yes. Also, I think matchy eyes are great. When I just want a dragon though, eyes don't really matter except for the type.

Yes, I have three breeding pairs that I breed. I usually breed them for pretty dragons or to hatch something on a specific day. One of the pairs is for a project so yes, I do breed for specific colors. (I feel like I could just buy it off the AH though /D)

Hm.. Well, I'm currently in 6. AFTER completing my dream dragon. I would say it's tedious and really beats up my wallet. RIP money. And also time. Time is ;-;

Yes. I have one special ID and 2 holiday hatches. I wish to collect old dragons one day but ;v;; the only 'old' one I have is a 7dig lv 25 WC.

Well, it's most desirable, but if I can only find the color, eyes, and gender, then a project will do. I think breeding takes a looonng time but I feel like it sort of saves money in a way.

Yeah, I exalt. I level up to 7 and bye bye. I don't really breed fodder as I see it as clogging up the lineage and stuff, so I breed and then sell hoping that whoever buys them will love them.

Mainly space. You might look at my lair and think, 'wow, they've got plenty of space', well yes. I do. But I let people rent out my nests so I need that space. I'm slowly leveling most to 25 and awakening their fams before putting them in the hib den. Also, I'm at a standstill where I am not really buying dragons since I'm perfectly fine atm.

Hm... I say if you really want money to sell or exalt them, then it's fine. I mean, it's the person's choice anyway. Also, it could turn out to be a dragon that someone out there really wants.
Hm.. Well, I guess XXY's. I have a whole tab dedicated to obs/obs/? dragons. With a couple exceptions.

Well, if the eyes are noticeable like glowing, primal, MG, big eyes in general, then yes. Also, I think matchy eyes are great. When I just want a dragon though, eyes don't really matter except for the type.

Yes, I have three breeding pairs that I breed. I usually breed them for pretty dragons or to hatch something on a specific day. One of the pairs is for a project so yes, I do breed for specific colors. (I feel like I could just buy it off the AH though /D)

Hm.. Well, I'm currently in 6. AFTER completing my dream dragon. I would say it's tedious and really beats up my wallet. RIP money. And also time. Time is ;-;

Yes. I have one special ID and 2 holiday hatches. I wish to collect old dragons one day but ;v;; the only 'old' one I have is a 7dig lv 25 WC.

Well, it's most desirable, but if I can only find the color, eyes, and gender, then a project will do. I think breeding takes a looonng time but I feel like it sort of saves money in a way.

Yeah, I exalt. I level up to 7 and bye bye. I don't really breed fodder as I see it as clogging up the lineage and stuff, so I breed and then sell hoping that whoever buys them will love them.

Mainly space. You might look at my lair and think, 'wow, they've got plenty of space', well yes. I do. But I let people rent out my nests so I need that space. I'm slowly leveling most to 25 and awakening their fams before putting them in the hib den. Also, I'm at a standstill where I am not really buying dragons since I'm perfectly fine atm.

Hm... I say if you really want money to sell or exalt them, then it's fine. I mean, it's the person's choice anyway. Also, it could turn out to be a dragon that someone out there really wants.
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png

Doesn't matter to me.

Use to breed xyy a lot but now I'm into xyz, especially with genes that have interesting color accents, poison/butterfly/fade. I often breed two very different colored dragons with these genes together to see what I'll get.

I've only done one involved project that took a long time to get the perfect colors. But I've been on here, off and on, almost since the beginning so I'd say that I don't like long term projects

I occasionally buy 6 or 7 digit dragons but that's all.

They have to be exactly what I'm looking for, unless it's a 6 or 7 ID Dragon, then it becomes a project that might take a day or two to finish.

I don't exalt at all, but I breed dragons with the intent to sell on AH when they are aged up at around 7000-7500t. I breed mostly XYZ because I like to see what interesting colors combo I can get.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, a sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
Only buy on the AH and the dragon having genes I don't like would stop me. I don't usually spend more the 80Kt and it is usually under 50Kt. I don't spend gems.

No, have fun do what ever you like

Doesn't matter to me.

Use to breed xyy a lot but now I'm into xyz, especially with genes that have interesting color accents, poison/butterfly/fade. I often breed two very different colored dragons with these genes together to see what I'll get.

I've only done one involved project that took a long time to get the perfect colors. But I've been on here, off and on, almost since the beginning so I'd say that I don't like long term projects

I occasionally buy 6 or 7 digit dragons but that's all.

They have to be exactly what I'm looking for, unless it's a 6 or 7 ID Dragon, then it becomes a project that might take a day or two to finish.

I don't exalt at all, but I breed dragons with the intent to sell on AH when they are aged up at around 7000-7500t. I breed mostly XYZ because I like to see what interesting colors combo I can get.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, a sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
Only buy on the AH and the dragon having genes I don't like would stop me. I don't usually spend more the 80Kt and it is usually under 50Kt. I don't spend gems.

No, have fun do what ever you like
XYZ, but I'm also very fond of XXY.

Do you prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
Depends on what I'm buying the dragon for/how big the eyes even are. But most of the time I suppose I don't have a preference on matching eye colours. If it's a fandragon, eye type/tint matters. If not, they don't matter.

I breed less than I used to, but I do. I breed for specific ranges in the vain hope that if a primal does hatch, it won't look bad.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating?
I like certain projects. Scattering colours can be fun, gene projects have visible progress, colour combos I can narrow down to achieve my goal.
I do not like eye projects because the one I did embark on was incredibly frustrating and took up a lot of space so that I could hope to hatch my desired outcome in a shorter amount of time and then move back to my home flight. Renting a ton of nests in the correct flight would have been an entire ordeal I didn't want to put up with.

Yes! Well, it's not a big or actively growing collection, but I have plenty of old dragons and G1s I would never part with.

I mean, it would be easiest to find and buy the perfect dragon if they're for sale. But I'm entirely content and even thrilled when I can find a dragon with a lot of potential for customization. I do prefer customization over breeding.

I do exalt fodder. I also breed fodder, in the sense that if any of my XYZ hatchlings don't sell, I'm going to level and exalt them at some point.

Lair space, and sometimes price. I do prefer to buy through the AH than through sales forums.

For me personally, yeah, a little bit. I try not to see it that way, but if I pop out a plague primal on some fodder I'd like it to look at least a little decent, you know? That way it might be worth a tiny bit more than what I would make from leveling and exalting it.
XYZ, but I'm also very fond of XXY.

Do you prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
Depends on what I'm buying the dragon for/how big the eyes even are. But most of the time I suppose I don't have a preference on matching eye colours. If it's a fandragon, eye type/tint matters. If not, they don't matter.

I breed less than I used to, but I do. I breed for specific ranges in the vain hope that if a primal does hatch, it won't look bad.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating?
I like certain projects. Scattering colours can be fun, gene projects have visible progress, colour combos I can narrow down to achieve my goal.
I do not like eye projects because the one I did embark on was incredibly frustrating and took up a lot of space so that I could hope to hatch my desired outcome in a shorter amount of time and then move back to my home flight. Renting a ton of nests in the correct flight would have been an entire ordeal I didn't want to put up with.

Yes! Well, it's not a big or actively growing collection, but I have plenty of old dragons and G1s I would never part with.

I mean, it would be easiest to find and buy the perfect dragon if they're for sale. But I'm entirely content and even thrilled when I can find a dragon with a lot of potential for customization. I do prefer customization over breeding.

I do exalt fodder. I also breed fodder, in the sense that if any of my XYZ hatchlings don't sell, I'm going to level and exalt them at some point.

Lair space, and sometimes price. I do prefer to buy through the AH than through sales forums.

For me personally, yeah, a little bit. I try not to see it that way, but if I pop out a plague primal on some fodder I'd like it to look at least a little decent, you know? That way it might be worth a tiny bit more than what I would make from leveling and exalting it.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
(counted with the main dragons I have so far that don't include my hibernal and Auction tab)
XXX-3
XXY-11
XYX-1
XYY-2
XYZ-41

Welp, guess I know which one I'm biased for. Though the XYZs are close colors to XXX, XXY, etc. Nonetheless, I never knew I had so many of them

Don't really pay attention to those unless it's a multigaze or primal where it's noticeable

Either random dergs that try to match colors, or ones that actually have matching colors (XXYs commonly)

I have a couple of projects, mainly outfit projects that are stored in my Hibernal den (I even have some Gen 1s). It frustrates me because I'm the type of person who wants to get them done immediately, but too much as I'm patient about the process. Besides, especially on my Gen 1 projects, one singular gene will immediately make me broke, so I have to make more money before I work on the project more. Outfits imo are more affordable, unless they're gem ones

Don't care about those honestly

I customize by apparel, not genes/tricolor scatters. I make random outfits on the spot and I search for dragons that try to match that outfit after I've made one

Breed fodder, but I've been recently taking a step back by giving some of my hatchlings higher prices. If I don't happen to like that route, back to fodder breeding/selling I go

Motivation

No opinion, I sell hatchlings to fodders unless I keep some I like
(counted with the main dragons I have so far that don't include my hibernal and Auction tab)
XXX-3
XXY-11
XYX-1
XYY-2
XYZ-41

Welp, guess I know which one I'm biased for. Though the XYZs are close colors to XXX, XXY, etc. Nonetheless, I never knew I had so many of them

Don't really pay attention to those unless it's a multigaze or primal where it's noticeable

Either random dergs that try to match colors, or ones that actually have matching colors (XXYs commonly)

I have a couple of projects, mainly outfit projects that are stored in my Hibernal den (I even have some Gen 1s). It frustrates me because I'm the type of person who wants to get them done immediately, but too much as I'm patient about the process. Besides, especially on my Gen 1 projects, one singular gene will immediately make me broke, so I have to make more money before I work on the project more. Outfits imo are more affordable, unless they're gem ones

Don't care about those honestly

I customize by apparel, not genes/tricolor scatters. I make random outfits on the spot and I search for dragons that try to match that outfit after I've made one

Breed fodder, but I've been recently taking a step back by giving some of my hatchlings higher prices. If I don't happen to like that route, back to fodder breeding/selling I go

Motivation

No opinion, I sell hatchlings to fodders unless I keep some I like
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
Probably xxy and xyz.

I like to get dragons with fitting eyes for the personality or skills I have planned for them; or to match the character they are based off of if it's an oc or fandragon. I also search specifically by eye color and type a lot, mostly for faceted, the black-adjacent tints (shadow rare, earth rare, water rare, plague unusual), or multigaze. I like eyes in general a lot, so they're a big deal to me. I've bought plenty of dragons specifically for their eyes.

I breed for colors! Breeding for eye types is much too tedious.

I already find color combos mildly annoying - basically anything that's inhibited by the breeding cooldown I find tedious, and I find I've lost interest by the time I make progress. I've also recently discovered that I hate scatter projects. I love gene projects though, since I almost always have something to do to work towards them - it isn't just a bunch of waiting.

I've started collecting g1s, but I still have many and continue buying g2s.

I prefer to customize, but if I really want something I'll breed! Most of my projects start out as scries - whether I start them or not depends on if I can find the colors in the AH, if I want the scry enough to try and breed for it, if the colors are pricey g1s.

Everything I breed is fodder if it doesn't sell fast enough. I've been removing pairs with large ranges from my breeders though after the Razz incident.

Usually price, or having art I don't like in the bio that I'd feel bad removing.

Razz incident. I don't mind breeding xyz as long as it would look good with shadow multi or primal, but I'm getting very reluctant to breed anything that wouldn't.
Probably xxy and xyz.

I like to get dragons with fitting eyes for the personality or skills I have planned for them; or to match the character they are based off of if it's an oc or fandragon. I also search specifically by eye color and type a lot, mostly for faceted, the black-adjacent tints (shadow rare, earth rare, water rare, plague unusual), or multigaze. I like eyes in general a lot, so they're a big deal to me. I've bought plenty of dragons specifically for their eyes.

I breed for colors! Breeding for eye types is much too tedious.

I already find color combos mildly annoying - basically anything that's inhibited by the breeding cooldown I find tedious, and I find I've lost interest by the time I make progress. I've also recently discovered that I hate scatter projects. I love gene projects though, since I almost always have something to do to work towards them - it isn't just a bunch of waiting.

I've started collecting g1s, but I still have many and continue buying g2s.

I prefer to customize, but if I really want something I'll breed! Most of my projects start out as scries - whether I start them or not depends on if I can find the colors in the AH, if I want the scry enough to try and breed for it, if the colors are pricey g1s.

Everything I breed is fodder if it doesn't sell fast enough. I've been removing pairs with large ranges from my breeders though after the Razz incident.

Usually price, or having art I don't like in the bio that I'd feel bad removing.

Razz incident. I don't mind breeding xyz as long as it would look good with shadow multi or primal, but I'm getting very reluctant to breed anything that wouldn't.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I tend to prefer XXY and XYY, though a good XYZ can be great

In species where the eyes are bigger, yes, but otherwise no. Special eyes like primals, faceted, mg, and especially goat eyes will definitely make me more likely to buy so long as they don't clash with the colors since they're so noticeable

I breed most of my non-gen ones, some of which are in breeding pairs that produce pretty hatchlings but mostly I breed randomly for fodder

I've had multiple breeding projects but I'm yet to finish any of them. I think I just aim for something too specific and tend to lose interest in them

I wouldn't say I collect G1s but I do almost always have a bunch that need to be gened. I also hatch an egg or two for the new years and my birthday, and I'll save an old dragon if I like its colors

I think a carefully bred project dragon has the most value, but I don't necessarily have the patience to do it myself. I rarely change the genes of non-G1s that I buy, I usually just dress them up and use an appealing skin/accent

I'm heavily into dom and exalt constantly. I always keep my nests full and the vast majority of dragons I hatch end up being exalted unless I happen to get an especially pretty one and someone in the water dom discord wants it. I have a group that breeds metallic/alloy/opal obsidian XXYs, but besides them the rest are XYZ

Mostly lairspace, since I attend during pushes I try to keep at least 60 slots open, preferably closer to 80-100. There are some breeds I don't buy very often, like snappers, tundras, and fae, and I also don't buy dragons with unappealing names (I just never get around to changing them honestly). I prefer spending treasure, and any price over 200kt for a non-G1 will make me hesitate to buy it

No, I'll breed anything and everything. Heck, sometimes I'll deliberately breed dragons in my lair that produce ugly fodder because it's funny and I'll end up being the one to level and exalt them anyway.
I tend to prefer XXY and XYY, though a good XYZ can be great

In species where the eyes are bigger, yes, but otherwise no. Special eyes like primals, faceted, mg, and especially goat eyes will definitely make me more likely to buy so long as they don't clash with the colors since they're so noticeable

I breed most of my non-gen ones, some of which are in breeding pairs that produce pretty hatchlings but mostly I breed randomly for fodder

I've had multiple breeding projects but I'm yet to finish any of them. I think I just aim for something too specific and tend to lose interest in them

I wouldn't say I collect G1s but I do almost always have a bunch that need to be gened. I also hatch an egg or two for the new years and my birthday, and I'll save an old dragon if I like its colors

I think a carefully bred project dragon has the most value, but I don't necessarily have the patience to do it myself. I rarely change the genes of non-G1s that I buy, I usually just dress them up and use an appealing skin/accent

I'm heavily into dom and exalt constantly. I always keep my nests full and the vast majority of dragons I hatch end up being exalted unless I happen to get an especially pretty one and someone in the water dom discord wants it. I have a group that breeds metallic/alloy/opal obsidian XXYs, but besides them the rest are XYZ

Mostly lairspace, since I attend during pushes I try to keep at least 60 slots open, preferably closer to 80-100. There are some breeds I don't buy very often, like snappers, tundras, and fae, and I also don't buy dragons with unappealing names (I just never get around to changing them honestly). I prefer spending treasure, and any price over 200kt for a non-G1 will make me hesitate to buy it

No, I'll breed anything and everything. Heck, sometimes I'll deliberately breed dragons in my lair that produce ugly fodder because it's funny and I'll end up being the one to level and exalt them anyway.
S1RYPFw.png
XYZ, though I love the looks of XYY.

Matching eye colors are a plus! Better if they match with a tertiary or with a complementary color from a fun polychromatic primary or secondary.

I do, I've bred them for projects, for fodder, for fun. I favor the red/pink range, as far as colors are concerned, but I rarely breed for color anymore. Eye types are not a factor.

I love projects, even if I don't work on them much! Color combos and G1 projects are my favourite, I've never felt the urge to scatter a dragon though.

I collect sentimental dragons and G1s, mostly, though I did pick a special ID G1 lately.

I love customizing a dragon, and have no issues buying a new gene for a non-G1 that I feel suits it better.

I breed and exalt fodder. When I breed dragons, I try to get them from one of my matchy pairs, and I tend to prefer selling dragons I breed over exalting them.

By now, it's mostly that I want to limit how many permas I have (but I am weak-willed and keep acquiring fodder rescue!)

I prefer buying ugly fodder, as it makes me less guilty to exalt them! Pretty fodder I'm always tempted to save, either keeping them myself or finding them a new home.
XYZ, though I love the looks of XYY.

Matching eye colors are a plus! Better if they match with a tertiary or with a complementary color from a fun polychromatic primary or secondary.

I do, I've bred them for projects, for fodder, for fun. I favor the red/pink range, as far as colors are concerned, but I rarely breed for color anymore. Eye types are not a factor.

I love projects, even if I don't work on them much! Color combos and G1 projects are my favourite, I've never felt the urge to scatter a dragon though.

I collect sentimental dragons and G1s, mostly, though I did pick a special ID G1 lately.

I love customizing a dragon, and have no issues buying a new gene for a non-G1 that I feel suits it better.

I breed and exalt fodder. When I breed dragons, I try to get them from one of my matchy pairs, and I tend to prefer selling dragons I breed over exalting them.

By now, it's mostly that I want to limit how many permas I have (but I am weak-willed and keep acquiring fodder rescue!)

I prefer buying ugly fodder, as it makes me less guilty to exalt them! Pretty fodder I'm always tempted to save, either keeping them myself or finding them a new home.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD

I tend to buy more XYZ, but it really depends on the colours and what projects i'm working on.

Eye colours make a huge difference, I consider them equally as important as genes and body colours. Often in my scries, I'll even look at the eyes on a baby version of the dragon to make sure they match or compliment the design, even if they won't be visible in the adult form.

I do breed my dragons, though I used to do it a lot more carelessly than I do now- breeding random dragons together as I didn't have any specific pairs that I knew would make good kids. I prefer my pairings to have a little bit of variety in colours, but I do have one pairing I chose specifically for their particular colours.
That being said, I don't tend to undergo breeding projects that require more than about 3 generations in order to get to the right pairing/dragon.
I only breed for eye types when it concerns projects. Fodder doesn't matter as much.

I wouldn't say I *like* projects necessarily, I just see them as a way to get to my goal. They certainly can be frustrating when the dragon I'm breeding for has a low chance of being produced, especially with longer breeding cooldowns.
Despite this, they're very rewarding. I don't think fr would be the same if you could just instantly get what you want.

I'd like to in future! Though right now my wallet is reserved for other things, I can't exactly afford a huge lair full of fancy G1s or special IDs.

Some of my dragons have been bought and never changed, because I considered them already stunning, but I do usually end up with plans to customize most of the dragons I buy.
I definitely think customization is better than breeding, at least for me. It's still a frustrating task to get all the money to customize a dragon, but I find it often even more rewarding than breeding, because instead of relying on RNG you have a lot more impact on individual checkpoints towards the goal.

I used to exalt when I was newer to the game, but now I tend to sell fodder on the AH instead, because it's a lot more reliable. I do breed fodder; Mostly nice-looking XYZ from my themed pairs with the occasional rarer palette. My main two pairs are Gaolers, plus a Tundra and Ridgeback.

Usually aesthetic or price.

Not at all! Fodder is fodder, their looks hardly matter. I would also rather have more varieties of colours and aesthetics available, just for the rare occasion that someone finds a diamond in the rough that ends up becoming a perma. It's much more fun and exciting that way.

I tend to buy more XYZ, but it really depends on the colours and what projects i'm working on.

Eye colours make a huge difference, I consider them equally as important as genes and body colours. Often in my scries, I'll even look at the eyes on a baby version of the dragon to make sure they match or compliment the design, even if they won't be visible in the adult form.

I do breed my dragons, though I used to do it a lot more carelessly than I do now- breeding random dragons together as I didn't have any specific pairs that I knew would make good kids. I prefer my pairings to have a little bit of variety in colours, but I do have one pairing I chose specifically for their particular colours.
That being said, I don't tend to undergo breeding projects that require more than about 3 generations in order to get to the right pairing/dragon.
I only breed for eye types when it concerns projects. Fodder doesn't matter as much.

I wouldn't say I *like* projects necessarily, I just see them as a way to get to my goal. They certainly can be frustrating when the dragon I'm breeding for has a low chance of being produced, especially with longer breeding cooldowns.
Despite this, they're very rewarding. I don't think fr would be the same if you could just instantly get what you want.

I'd like to in future! Though right now my wallet is reserved for other things, I can't exactly afford a huge lair full of fancy G1s or special IDs.

Some of my dragons have been bought and never changed, because I considered them already stunning, but I do usually end up with plans to customize most of the dragons I buy.
I definitely think customization is better than breeding, at least for me. It's still a frustrating task to get all the money to customize a dragon, but I find it often even more rewarding than breeding, because instead of relying on RNG you have a lot more impact on individual checkpoints towards the goal.

I used to exalt when I was newer to the game, but now I tend to sell fodder on the AH instead, because it's a lot more reliable. I do breed fodder; Mostly nice-looking XYZ from my themed pairs with the occasional rarer palette. My main two pairs are Gaolers, plus a Tundra and Ridgeback.

Usually aesthetic or price.

Not at all! Fodder is fodder, their looks hardly matter. I would also rather have more varieties of colours and aesthetics available, just for the rare occasion that someone finds a diamond in the rough that ends up becoming a perma. It's much more fun and exciting that way.
♦ THE CHROMASLICK PUS DYNASTY ♦
div2.png

♦ Tofu
♦ He/Him
♦ FR +16
I usually only buy dragons when there is something specific that i'm looking for but when I go on little browsing sprees out of boredom I tend to buy based off looks rather than the specific color patterns. After looking through my lair my XYZs are probably my favorite! I love experimenting with color combos so XYZs make breeding more randomized, which to me is more enjoyable.

Do you like/prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
I like when the eye color matches the dragons colors, yes.
I personally only value different eye types because thats whats normalized. When picking up dragons from AH or any other means of shopping I don't look for specific eye types, i just know that some are considered more valuable than others.

I never used to because of lair space issues but I have been participating in a lot of random give/get threads recently so i have dragons coming and going left and right.
I breed for random XYZs unless i'm trying to sell the hatchlings, then i try to breed for looks that i know will sell.
If I knew how to breed for eye types I might try it. As previously mentioned, I know some are deemed more valuable than others so if I needed more treasure/gems i could up the prices a bit for rare eye types.

I only really do gene projects but hardly even that because genes are so expensive. Its pretty frustrating, yeah. I just got around to dabbling with baldwins and i wanted to brew skink for one of my mirrors but you have to be like, level 21 or something and im a level 3 so its going to take forever.

I have both of my progens, a skydancer that i got when i first started, and a pair of ghastly looking mirrors for sentimental reasons.

If i buy a dragon the idea of having to work on it to make it look the way i want it ot sounds dreadful. Id rather just buy a dragon that i like. Customizing is alright but in my opinion breeding is more enjoyable.

I always offer dragons in free forum threads before I exalt them because Id rather not exalt a dragon that someone may want. If its simply too unsightly ill exalt it. Once again we come across a lair space issue, that the main reason id exalt in the first place.

Usually lair space or price. Ill sit there for a few minutes when im running low on either and be like "do I really need it?". If the answer is yes ill haggle or splurge, depending on how badly i want it

I think it would be a waste if there were easier, less time consuming ways to earn treasure. Fairground games are only fun for so long, after a while it seems like more of a chore. Selling dragons is an alternative to that but not everyone has the knowledge on how to do it successfully and/or without getting scammed.
I usually only buy dragons when there is something specific that i'm looking for but when I go on little browsing sprees out of boredom I tend to buy based off looks rather than the specific color patterns. After looking through my lair my XYZs are probably my favorite! I love experimenting with color combos so XYZs make breeding more randomized, which to me is more enjoyable.

Do you like/prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
I like when the eye color matches the dragons colors, yes.
I personally only value different eye types because thats whats normalized. When picking up dragons from AH or any other means of shopping I don't look for specific eye types, i just know that some are considered more valuable than others.

I never used to because of lair space issues but I have been participating in a lot of random give/get threads recently so i have dragons coming and going left and right.
I breed for random XYZs unless i'm trying to sell the hatchlings, then i try to breed for looks that i know will sell.
If I knew how to breed for eye types I might try it. As previously mentioned, I know some are deemed more valuable than others so if I needed more treasure/gems i could up the prices a bit for rare eye types.

I only really do gene projects but hardly even that because genes are so expensive. Its pretty frustrating, yeah. I just got around to dabbling with baldwins and i wanted to brew skink for one of my mirrors but you have to be like, level 21 or something and im a level 3 so its going to take forever.

I have both of my progens, a skydancer that i got when i first started, and a pair of ghastly looking mirrors for sentimental reasons.

If i buy a dragon the idea of having to work on it to make it look the way i want it ot sounds dreadful. Id rather just buy a dragon that i like. Customizing is alright but in my opinion breeding is more enjoyable.

I always offer dragons in free forum threads before I exalt them because Id rather not exalt a dragon that someone may want. If its simply too unsightly ill exalt it. Once again we come across a lair space issue, that the main reason id exalt in the first place.

Usually lair space or price. Ill sit there for a few minutes when im running low on either and be like "do I really need it?". If the answer is yes ill haggle or splurge, depending on how badly i want it

I think it would be a waste if there were easier, less time consuming ways to earn treasure. Fairground games are only fun for so long, after a while it seems like more of a chore. Selling dragons is an alternative to that but not everyone has the knowledge on how to do it successfully and/or without getting scammed.
tumblr_inline_n3jghqWtV81rx7gub.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9