Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | For science! Dragon economy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?
XYZs, purely because any other color combo on G1 dragons is crazy expensive.

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
I do, but overall they arent the deciding factor. theres plenty of apparel that covers the eyes.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?

nope. I work for the dragonwish foundation, so I'll breed dragos to get a wish done, but my own dragons are off limits, breeding wise.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
I do like projects! Gene projects, to be precise, but I'd probably do a scatter project if I hatched a G1 with cool eyes? They can be frustrating, as genes are expensive, but im good at getting cash

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
G1s! Id love an all G1 lair eventually, but Im too sentimental about my older dragons.

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
I dont have the cash to buy a fully gened G1, so potential it is! Customization is much better than breeding, in my opinion.

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
Yup. If I buy it and it isnt a G1, its either for the DWF or for Fodder.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.

Lairspace, Price, and unfortunate tertiary colors.

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
Of course not! Where would I get my endless cash if there werent ugly fodder?
XYZs, purely because any other color combo on G1 dragons is crazy expensive.

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
I do, but overall they arent the deciding factor. theres plenty of apparel that covers the eyes.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?

nope. I work for the dragonwish foundation, so I'll breed dragos to get a wish done, but my own dragons are off limits, breeding wise.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
I do like projects! Gene projects, to be precise, but I'd probably do a scatter project if I hatched a G1 with cool eyes? They can be frustrating, as genes are expensive, but im good at getting cash

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
G1s! Id love an all G1 lair eventually, but Im too sentimental about my older dragons.

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
I dont have the cash to buy a fully gened G1, so potential it is! Customization is much better than breeding, in my opinion.

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
Yup. If I buy it and it isnt a G1, its either for the DWF or for Fodder.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.

Lairspace, Price, and unfortunate tertiary colors.

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
Of course not! Where would I get my endless cash if there werent ugly fodder?
There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
Probably XYZ, but I love XXYs as well for G1s because... cool? Something else to throw money at? Yeah.

Yes - matching eyes are a must for me.

Not anymore, except occasionally Sunset and Helios in an attempt to get a primal version of Firestorm.

Yes. I am eternally broke from projects (actually, was poised to buy a Fire Sprite yesterday and blew an insane amount of gems in less than an hour thanks to procrastination). So frustrating to know exactly what you plan to do and not have the funds to do it.

G1s and a couple sentimental dragons.

Yes, but I won't mind having to buy a gene or two. The scrying is all part of the fun, especially G1s (actually, in that case, it's so rare to find a perfectly gened/breed changed G1 that fits my aesthetic I've never really even considered finding one). I prefer customization over breeding. UMAs are... addicting.

Not really, anymore at least. When I did breed fodder, it was mostly just uglies and towards the end, in case I got a primal, I started breeding nicer colors.

Aesthetic, eye type, and price. Buuuut if I really, really like a dragon, price won't usually be a factor and I'll just save until I can afford it. If it'll be a while I might ask for a hold.

Nah. Fodder's an opportunity for unique color combos, and regardless, in the end they'll just end up exalted if they're unwanted. All part of the game!
Probably XYZ, but I love XXYs as well for G1s because... cool? Something else to throw money at? Yeah.

Yes - matching eyes are a must for me.

Not anymore, except occasionally Sunset and Helios in an attempt to get a primal version of Firestorm.

Yes. I am eternally broke from projects (actually, was poised to buy a Fire Sprite yesterday and blew an insane amount of gems in less than an hour thanks to procrastination). So frustrating to know exactly what you plan to do and not have the funds to do it.

G1s and a couple sentimental dragons.

Yes, but I won't mind having to buy a gene or two. The scrying is all part of the fun, especially G1s (actually, in that case, it's so rare to find a perfectly gened/breed changed G1 that fits my aesthetic I've never really even considered finding one). I prefer customization over breeding. UMAs are... addicting.

Not really, anymore at least. When I did breed fodder, it was mostly just uglies and towards the end, in case I got a primal, I started breeding nicer colors.

Aesthetic, eye type, and price. Buuuut if I really, really like a dragon, price won't usually be a factor and I'll just save until I can afford it. If it'll be a while I might ask for a hold.

Nah. Fodder's an opportunity for unique color combos, and regardless, in the end they'll just end up exalted if they're unwanted. All part of the game!
2y1XN7S.png
» She/her
» FRT +2
» Wishlist
xyz! i like xyys as well though

yes, i really prefer matching eyes unless they have a reason to stand out. there are a few exceptions to this, mostly with gen1s i've bought, but i'll try to cover up eyes that don't match the rest of the dragon if it really bugs me

i have 2 perma pairs that i breed regularly, one for lore reasons and the other because i know the hatchlings will sell. other than that, i've stopped breeding my permas to focus on breeding projects for specific colour combos. i've never intentional bred for eye type because i probably don't have the patience for that

i enjoy gene projects and breeding projects, but both can be frustrating for me. i'm impatient and the sooner i start a project, the sooner i want it finished. breeding projects especially get annoying when you've had three pairs going for over a year and no dice. also because other than rng, the only thing keeping me from finishing projects is my own lack of funds. i have expensive tastes and a budget that doesn't match my play style

i have a few birthday dragons, and one for my dog's birthday, one for my grandma's birthday, a few gen1s here and there, and i've decided to keep every special-eyed dragon i hatch from my perma breeding pairs

i usually end up breeding or buying for colour, and slapping my desired gene(s) on a dragon. ideally i'd love to buy my perfect dragon, but i can't remember the last time i bought a dragon that i didn't change something about

i don't buy or actively breed fodder, but i exalt breeding project rejects and dragons that just won't sell

my aesthetic is non-existent and i have a decent amount of available lairspace, so really just my budget. i log in almost every day, but i don't coli often or make a lot of money. at this point i get gems from selling eggs and festival stuff

no way. weird fodder colours have saved me in the past. twice, the perfect parent for part of a breeding project has been sitting in someone's fodder tab, it's great. keep breeding weird stuff, someone might buy it, whether its for fodder, a breeding project, a really wild perma, or whatever!
xyz! i like xyys as well though

yes, i really prefer matching eyes unless they have a reason to stand out. there are a few exceptions to this, mostly with gen1s i've bought, but i'll try to cover up eyes that don't match the rest of the dragon if it really bugs me

i have 2 perma pairs that i breed regularly, one for lore reasons and the other because i know the hatchlings will sell. other than that, i've stopped breeding my permas to focus on breeding projects for specific colour combos. i've never intentional bred for eye type because i probably don't have the patience for that

i enjoy gene projects and breeding projects, but both can be frustrating for me. i'm impatient and the sooner i start a project, the sooner i want it finished. breeding projects especially get annoying when you've had three pairs going for over a year and no dice. also because other than rng, the only thing keeping me from finishing projects is my own lack of funds. i have expensive tastes and a budget that doesn't match my play style

i have a few birthday dragons, and one for my dog's birthday, one for my grandma's birthday, a few gen1s here and there, and i've decided to keep every special-eyed dragon i hatch from my perma breeding pairs

i usually end up breeding or buying for colour, and slapping my desired gene(s) on a dragon. ideally i'd love to buy my perfect dragon, but i can't remember the last time i bought a dragon that i didn't change something about

i don't buy or actively breed fodder, but i exalt breeding project rejects and dragons that just won't sell

my aesthetic is non-existent and i have a decent amount of available lairspace, so really just my budget. i log in almost every day, but i don't coli often or make a lot of money. at this point i get gems from selling eggs and festival stuff

no way. weird fodder colours have saved me in the past. twice, the perfect parent for part of a breeding project has been sitting in someone's fodder tab, it's great. keep breeding weird stuff, someone might buy it, whether its for fodder, a breeding project, a really wild perma, or whatever!
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
Lately I've been getting really into accent-matching XYZs. Before that I would skew toward pretty doubles, but really anything goes if I like the combination enough.

When buying a dragon simply because it's pretty, I very much prefer matching eye colors and the element or tint can be a reason not to buy a dragon. However, sometimes I'm buying a dragon for lore, in which case the element is more important than matching eyes.

I breed for a few reasons. Occasionally I'll want lore dragons to have in-game lore children. I have breeding projects to try to get specific color combinations, usually for fandragons. I have some fodder pairs, though I don't breed them consistently.
When I don't have a particular purpose, though, I don't breed dragons. I shove as many dragons in the hibden as possible so that I don't have to feed them.

I don't especially like having projects. They can be rewarding but also very frustrating. I try not to start projects that would take a very long time. For instance, I'll probably never try to get primal eyes on purpose, whether by scattersights or breeding. And I might never save up for a coatl or wildclaw scroll, or anything else that costs that much (unless I buy gems with dollars again, and hopefully I won't).
However, gene projects are much more attainable - a single gene can cost merely a few days' income. Fandragon projects can be even better because sometimes you find good colors right away and only have to buy apparel, much of which is cheap.

I have a few each of most of these things, but I don't collect any of them as such. I guess I could say I collect lore dragons and fandragons.

I would love to buy a dragon that's already perfect. Most of the time that's not possible, and I need to decide between settling for something different and working towards the perfect form. Breeding projects take forever and I'm already working on a few of them, so I'm trying not to take on any more.

I exalt a little but I don't have a ton of time to spend on it. My fodder pairs are doubles and XYZs.

I usually don't have a problem with lair space because I put most dragons in the den. Aesthetic and eye type can keep me from buying a dragons. Breed can as well, if the breed I want is difficult or impossible to breed-change to. Name doesn't stop me, I can fix that. Price can easily keep me from buying a dragon. If it's 400g, I *could* save up for it, but it might be gone by the time I get there. I have sometimes asked users to hold dragons for me while I get the money together.

I don't think it's a waste if it's for fodder. There are only two reasons I can think of to breed nicer-looking fodder: trying to sell it for more than fodder price, and having a decent-looking dragon to try to sell if you get special eyes. (Those are really the same reason.)
Lately I've been getting really into accent-matching XYZs. Before that I would skew toward pretty doubles, but really anything goes if I like the combination enough.

When buying a dragon simply because it's pretty, I very much prefer matching eye colors and the element or tint can be a reason not to buy a dragon. However, sometimes I'm buying a dragon for lore, in which case the element is more important than matching eyes.

I breed for a few reasons. Occasionally I'll want lore dragons to have in-game lore children. I have breeding projects to try to get specific color combinations, usually for fandragons. I have some fodder pairs, though I don't breed them consistently.
When I don't have a particular purpose, though, I don't breed dragons. I shove as many dragons in the hibden as possible so that I don't have to feed them.

I don't especially like having projects. They can be rewarding but also very frustrating. I try not to start projects that would take a very long time. For instance, I'll probably never try to get primal eyes on purpose, whether by scattersights or breeding. And I might never save up for a coatl or wildclaw scroll, or anything else that costs that much (unless I buy gems with dollars again, and hopefully I won't).
However, gene projects are much more attainable - a single gene can cost merely a few days' income. Fandragon projects can be even better because sometimes you find good colors right away and only have to buy apparel, much of which is cheap.

I have a few each of most of these things, but I don't collect any of them as such. I guess I could say I collect lore dragons and fandragons.

I would love to buy a dragon that's already perfect. Most of the time that's not possible, and I need to decide between settling for something different and working towards the perfect form. Breeding projects take forever and I'm already working on a few of them, so I'm trying not to take on any more.

I exalt a little but I don't have a ton of time to spend on it. My fodder pairs are doubles and XYZs.

I usually don't have a problem with lair space because I put most dragons in the den. Aesthetic and eye type can keep me from buying a dragons. Breed can as well, if the breed I want is difficult or impossible to breed-change to. Name doesn't stop me, I can fix that. Price can easily keep me from buying a dragon. If it's 400g, I *could* save up for it, but it might be gone by the time I get there. I have sometimes asked users to hold dragons for me while I get the money together.

I don't think it's a waste if it's for fodder. There are only two reasons I can think of to breed nicer-looking fodder: trying to sell it for more than fodder price, and having a decent-looking dragon to try to sell if you get special eyes. (Those are really the same reason.)
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
i prefer xxy, generally. it's my dream to collect xxx dragons, but given how expensive they are its a distant probability

i absolutely adore primals, and will often prioritize them over dragons with nice colors
i prefer matching, but it makes little difference depending on breed

no breeding. I am a gen1 lair

yes yes yes! im currently in the midst of a scatter project, and considering the dragon has already consumed 17 (5950 gems!), i feel its somewhat of a waste (at least i will until he gets a nice combo)

gen1s - nothing else really matters

i prefer buying perfect as-is when i can. scatter projects are fun, but i despise spending gems on genes, i'd rather spend them on apparel or nice UMAs
i dont breed, so definitely customizing haha

i dont exalt at all, every dragon i buy will more than likely be a permanent addition

price :c , mostly

i never think its a waste to breed, especially if the dragons will simply end up exalted anyway - save your money.
i prefer xxy, generally. it's my dream to collect xxx dragons, but given how expensive they are its a distant probability

i absolutely adore primals, and will often prioritize them over dragons with nice colors
i prefer matching, but it makes little difference depending on breed

no breeding. I am a gen1 lair

yes yes yes! im currently in the midst of a scatter project, and considering the dragon has already consumed 17 (5950 gems!), i feel its somewhat of a waste (at least i will until he gets a nice combo)

gen1s - nothing else really matters

i prefer buying perfect as-is when i can. scatter projects are fun, but i despise spending gems on genes, i'd rather spend them on apparel or nice UMAs
i dont breed, so definitely customizing haha

i dont exalt at all, every dragon i buy will more than likely be a permanent addition

price :c , mostly

i never think its a waste to breed, especially if the dragons will simply end up exalted anyway - save your money.
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
I love my XYZs, but I'm partial to the occasional XYX or XYY.

I love matching eye types, especially with lore. A dragon that I've designed to be wind-aesthetic should be Wind, but I'll probably be okay with Lightning or Nature if I'm short on cash since they're close. Eye types do influence my purchases, but they usually aren't a dealbreaker unless they're real ugly, like, say, Arcane eyes on a pure blue aesthetic, but I could always work some other pink accents in, too.

I don't breed my permas unless it's for lore, but I have a set of fodder breeders and will breed for projects. My project dragons are for specific colors, but I've kept other dragons they produce if they look nice. I don't breed for eye types unless the colors I want are almost guaranteed and it's not super rare. I just don't have the patience for it..

Projects are the point of the game for me. Gene projects and color combo projects are my favorites! Looking for something specific for a scatter project is not my thing, and I got lucky with my singular scatter project to get something close to what I wanted in two scatters. Eye projects... *shudders* definitely aren't for me. Way too much RNG, there's nothing you can do to even narrow the range!

Nope! G1s are nice, but I don't strive for it. I'm currently keeping a few sentimental dragons, but I've never done a lair purge before and I'm not planning on it.

If I see a dragon that's perfect as is, great! If I don't great! Projects are fun, whether it's breeding, gening, scrying, or dressing. I prefer customizing to breeding, but only a little bit.

I regularly exalt fodder whenever I have the time to. It's good cash, and Lightning dom is fun! I hope to do VOLT teams someday. I breed XYZ fodder with plentiful breeds for efficiency.

I'm more of an AH than a sales forum person, but I've bought a few of my dragons from hatcheries and the like. Names mean nothing, I either like the name or change it. I'll only buy dragons to keep if I like their aesthetic, and I'll almost never buy dragons above 50kt/g unless I'm absolutely in love and can't find a cheaper one. No lair space means some fodder go in the Den, that's it.

Of course not! I've bought "ugly" dragons from people's fodder tabs who were perfect for a breeding project, had somebody do the same from me, and fodder are, well, fodder. It doesn't matter too much to me how they look, since they're going to the Stormcatcher, anyway.
I love my XYZs, but I'm partial to the occasional XYX or XYY.

I love matching eye types, especially with lore. A dragon that I've designed to be wind-aesthetic should be Wind, but I'll probably be okay with Lightning or Nature if I'm short on cash since they're close. Eye types do influence my purchases, but they usually aren't a dealbreaker unless they're real ugly, like, say, Arcane eyes on a pure blue aesthetic, but I could always work some other pink accents in, too.

I don't breed my permas unless it's for lore, but I have a set of fodder breeders and will breed for projects. My project dragons are for specific colors, but I've kept other dragons they produce if they look nice. I don't breed for eye types unless the colors I want are almost guaranteed and it's not super rare. I just don't have the patience for it..

Projects are the point of the game for me. Gene projects and color combo projects are my favorites! Looking for something specific for a scatter project is not my thing, and I got lucky with my singular scatter project to get something close to what I wanted in two scatters. Eye projects... *shudders* definitely aren't for me. Way too much RNG, there's nothing you can do to even narrow the range!

Nope! G1s are nice, but I don't strive for it. I'm currently keeping a few sentimental dragons, but I've never done a lair purge before and I'm not planning on it.

If I see a dragon that's perfect as is, great! If I don't great! Projects are fun, whether it's breeding, gening, scrying, or dressing. I prefer customizing to breeding, but only a little bit.

I regularly exalt fodder whenever I have the time to. It's good cash, and Lightning dom is fun! I hope to do VOLT teams someday. I breed XYZ fodder with plentiful breeds for efficiency.

I'm more of an AH than a sales forum person, but I've bought a few of my dragons from hatcheries and the like. Names mean nothing, I either like the name or change it. I'll only buy dragons to keep if I like their aesthetic, and I'll almost never buy dragons above 50kt/g unless I'm absolutely in love and can't find a cheaper one. No lair space means some fodder go in the Den, that's it.

Of course not! I've bought "ugly" dragons from people's fodder tabs who were perfect for a breeding project, had somebody do the same from me, and fodder are, well, fodder. It doesn't matter too much to me how they look, since they're going to the Stormcatcher, anyway.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
XXY's and XYZ's

The eye colour makes no difference to me for most dragons unless I'm creating a fandragon or a dragon with lore in mind

I have a couple pairs for breeding projects, but outside of that, no. I like the idea of having dragons with massive offspring lists and being able to track their lineages, but I'm too lazy to lol
Whenever I have a breeding project, I have a very specific combo and element in mind. The only time I breed randoms is when I'm making fodder

I love gene projects, as it's awesome to watch a dragon go from triple basic/unmatchy genes to beautiful

I semi-collect G1's, but it's more for the fun of a project than for any actual collecting

Buying a dragon with potential and customising, always. Customisation>breeding

I exalt pretty much once a day at the very least (or train and send em off to a public buy). Very occasionally I breed fodder, and it's at complete and utter random based on whatever RTB fodder I have lying around

I only set out to buy dragons for fodder or if I have a specific idea in mind. I don't go out looking for random keepers in the first place, so my lack of attention to sales is what prevents me

Nope. Fodder is fodder, it makes no difference if it's a Snapper with gembond or an Imperial with full gem genes: all go to meet the deities in the end
XXY's and XYZ's

The eye colour makes no difference to me for most dragons unless I'm creating a fandragon or a dragon with lore in mind

I have a couple pairs for breeding projects, but outside of that, no. I like the idea of having dragons with massive offspring lists and being able to track their lineages, but I'm too lazy to lol
Whenever I have a breeding project, I have a very specific combo and element in mind. The only time I breed randoms is when I'm making fodder

I love gene projects, as it's awesome to watch a dragon go from triple basic/unmatchy genes to beautiful

I semi-collect G1's, but it's more for the fun of a project than for any actual collecting

Buying a dragon with potential and customising, always. Customisation>breeding

I exalt pretty much once a day at the very least (or train and send em off to a public buy). Very occasionally I breed fodder, and it's at complete and utter random based on whatever RTB fodder I have lying around

I only set out to buy dragons for fodder or if I have a specific idea in mind. I don't go out looking for random keepers in the first place, so my lack of attention to sales is what prevents me

Nope. Fodder is fodder, it makes no difference if it's a Snapper with gembond or an Imperial with full gem genes: all go to meet the deities in the end
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
I tend to prefer coordinating XYZs but they tend to be harder to find, so I'll also look at doubles. Triples are usually a no unless I'm going for something specific (Ice XXX for my ice rep, Obsidian XXX for my fanderg of TMA's darkness entity, etc.)

I tend to prefer either a match or a good accenting eye, but not having that is only a dealbreaker on specific breeds where eyes are very visible. In a choice (like in a hatchery) between identical hatchlings with different tints I will pick based on that though.

I have a few pairs I breed, largely in reasonably narrow ranges. And I try not to hope for specific eyes on the kids because that way lies madness.

I'm okay with projects on the shorter sides, but I have some scries that I don't expect to ever get simply because it's wildly difficult to get starter pairs.

I used to be into palindrome IDs but they've kinda lost my interest lately

Either. I try not to have to gene with gem genes, though I have done so in the past when the dragon warranted it.

Yes, yes, and yes. Not quite XXXs but certainly narrower ranges and in my flight's colors.

Price, usually. I'm on pinglists for a couple hatcheries whose dergs I wish I could buy, but I don't care to pay hundreds of gems for dragons who have no special characteristics outside of their genes/colors.

It depends. If I were genuinely only breeding fodder (for offspring list projects, for instance), then no, fodder is fodder.
But if my goal is profit, exalt or otherwise? Then yeah, aesthetic matters, and I can list hatchlings on the AH and exalt them myself when they grow up if they don't sell.
I tend to prefer coordinating XYZs but they tend to be harder to find, so I'll also look at doubles. Triples are usually a no unless I'm going for something specific (Ice XXX for my ice rep, Obsidian XXX for my fanderg of TMA's darkness entity, etc.)

I tend to prefer either a match or a good accenting eye, but not having that is only a dealbreaker on specific breeds where eyes are very visible. In a choice (like in a hatchery) between identical hatchlings with different tints I will pick based on that though.

I have a few pairs I breed, largely in reasonably narrow ranges. And I try not to hope for specific eyes on the kids because that way lies madness.

I'm okay with projects on the shorter sides, but I have some scries that I don't expect to ever get simply because it's wildly difficult to get starter pairs.

I used to be into palindrome IDs but they've kinda lost my interest lately

Either. I try not to have to gene with gem genes, though I have done so in the past when the dragon warranted it.

Yes, yes, and yes. Not quite XXXs but certainly narrower ranges and in my flight's colors.

Price, usually. I'm on pinglists for a couple hatcheries whose dergs I wish I could buy, but I don't care to pay hundreds of gems for dragons who have no special characteristics outside of their genes/colors.

It depends. If I were genuinely only breeding fodder (for offspring list projects, for instance), then no, fodder is fodder.
But if my goal is profit, exalt or otherwise? Then yeah, aesthetic matters, and I can list hatchlings on the AH and exalt them myself when they grow up if they don't sell.
wq9PoXA.png
OMG YESSSSS great questions, op. I just generally love questions like these.

Firstly, I'm a G1 fool so logically I buy primarily G1s although the occasional G2 or G2+ Imp sneaks into my lair. I only like XYZ dragons, especially G1s, however I have some doubles who I love a lot and I can vibe with Imperial doubles or even triples but triples are custom-bred by me. Doubles I can vibe with if they can be scried colourfully and triples only with those colours that are double-toned.

In most cases, eyes are completely irrelevant to me but there are some cases in which I'd like to make a themed character based on their element so it's important to me. I now also just really want to collect all eye types but they're currently only assigned as projects because.......*slams fist on desk* no alternative eye methods. So for now - [inhales], we wait

Nope, I just don't like breeding or reproduction etc etc, irrelevant. I like that sweet sweet double none status and I like to keep these slates clean! However I do have some Imperial breeding projects but no ancestor is a perma.

Projects in general? Heck yes, they're so much fun and when you actually finish one, it's super satisfying.
Scatter projects? Less so. They hold some sort of surprise and serotonin element like hatching eggs but in this case I actually spend money unlike on eggs so I am not a big fan. But I do have some!
Eye projects? *becomes rabid* absolutely hecking not, I just assign an eye type I'd like on a dragon and leave it at that. No way in heck am I purchasing any Vial of Scattersight. I am just holding onto faith that sometime in the future we'll see some sort of alternative eye method added to the site.
Gene projects? Yes, always. Basically, all of my dragons are gene projects simply because none of them except this guy and this girl were ever bought or hatched with necessary genes. As 96% or so are G1s, you can expect that I'll have to gene them myself. I also need to have every single gene on at least one dragon I own, and when it comes to colour projects, I also have specific gene-colour combos I need to obtain. I have an extensive Excel sheet for that and I obtained almost all of them so far!

Primarily G1s, I have some special date dragons, I have one (or maybe several, I didn't check) special IDs and I used to have an unbreedable glitch dragon.

As I don't collect non-G1 dragons, a gened G1 that I'd purchase AND keep gened that way is an extremely rare occurrence. It only happened once so I basically always have to regene them. My gene tastes are very peculiar so I'm not surprised. If I could just buy a gened G1 the exact way I'd gene them, sure, I'd prefer that if they were cheaper, but that just doesn't really happen.

Yes, I do exalt occasionally, I have started doing it more frequently lately and it's nice cash. I don't breed fodder tho, I buy it. Just basically any species that I catch for a bargain.

If the price exceeds like 6000 Gems, then it's the price as I don't usually want to spend too much money on a dragon (unless they're like a 6 or 5 digit, that can go for much more), but usually, it's the aesthetic aka colours. I have a very strict list of colours I follow and I want to maintain an aesthetic so colours are always the primary reason. Then also occasionally lair space but not anymore as I've maxed out. Nothing else prevents me from it!

If it's fodder, it's completely irrelevant. Technically speaking, literally every dragon can be fodder if the owner's intentions are to exalt them or if the seller's intentions are to sell them to get exalted. If it's just fodder, there's no waste as they're all going to be exalted anyway.
But still, it doesn't matter at all anyway, breed what you wanna breed!
OMG YESSSSS great questions, op. I just generally love questions like these.

Firstly, I'm a G1 fool so logically I buy primarily G1s although the occasional G2 or G2+ Imp sneaks into my lair. I only like XYZ dragons, especially G1s, however I have some doubles who I love a lot and I can vibe with Imperial doubles or even triples but triples are custom-bred by me. Doubles I can vibe with if they can be scried colourfully and triples only with those colours that are double-toned.

In most cases, eyes are completely irrelevant to me but there are some cases in which I'd like to make a themed character based on their element so it's important to me. I now also just really want to collect all eye types but they're currently only assigned as projects because.......*slams fist on desk* no alternative eye methods. So for now - [inhales], we wait

Nope, I just don't like breeding or reproduction etc etc, irrelevant. I like that sweet sweet double none status and I like to keep these slates clean! However I do have some Imperial breeding projects but no ancestor is a perma.

Projects in general? Heck yes, they're so much fun and when you actually finish one, it's super satisfying.
Scatter projects? Less so. They hold some sort of surprise and serotonin element like hatching eggs but in this case I actually spend money unlike on eggs so I am not a big fan. But I do have some!
Eye projects? *becomes rabid* absolutely hecking not, I just assign an eye type I'd like on a dragon and leave it at that. No way in heck am I purchasing any Vial of Scattersight. I am just holding onto faith that sometime in the future we'll see some sort of alternative eye method added to the site.
Gene projects? Yes, always. Basically, all of my dragons are gene projects simply because none of them except this guy and this girl were ever bought or hatched with necessary genes. As 96% or so are G1s, you can expect that I'll have to gene them myself. I also need to have every single gene on at least one dragon I own, and when it comes to colour projects, I also have specific gene-colour combos I need to obtain. I have an extensive Excel sheet for that and I obtained almost all of them so far!

Primarily G1s, I have some special date dragons, I have one (or maybe several, I didn't check) special IDs and I used to have an unbreedable glitch dragon.

As I don't collect non-G1 dragons, a gened G1 that I'd purchase AND keep gened that way is an extremely rare occurrence. It only happened once so I basically always have to regene them. My gene tastes are very peculiar so I'm not surprised. If I could just buy a gened G1 the exact way I'd gene them, sure, I'd prefer that if they were cheaper, but that just doesn't really happen.

Yes, I do exalt occasionally, I have started doing it more frequently lately and it's nice cash. I don't breed fodder tho, I buy it. Just basically any species that I catch for a bargain.

If the price exceeds like 6000 Gems, then it's the price as I don't usually want to spend too much money on a dragon (unless they're like a 6 or 5 digit, that can go for much more), but usually, it's the aesthetic aka colours. I have a very strict list of colours I follow and I want to maintain an aesthetic so colours are always the primary reason. Then also occasionally lair space but not anymore as I've maxed out. Nothing else prevents me from it!

If it's fodder, it's completely irrelevant. Technically speaking, literally every dragon can be fodder if the owner's intentions are to exalt them or if the seller's intentions are to sell them to get exalted. If it's just fodder, there's no waste as they're all going to be exalted anyway.
But still, it doesn't matter at all anyway, breed what you wanna breed!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
The majority of my dragons are fodder rescues, so XYZ.

Before the eye update, I didn't have a preference because of how subdued most of the colors were. But post-eye update really brought out eye colors, so now I care about matching eyes. Still, eyes are not deal-breakers unless I'm making a fan dragon.

I breed my dragons either for fodder or pretty hatchlings. I don't breed for specific colors, just combinations that look pretty. And I don't care about eye types unless they're multi-gaze or primal.

Only gene projects and color combo projects. When they get frustrating, it's because I've probably been breeding the same dragons for months now, and they're refusing to give me the right color combo no matter how narrow the range is.

Not special ids, dragons gain sentimentality over time, only special date dragons during my first year on FR, only have one 6-digit so that I can say I have one lol, and I only keep g1s if I can find a good plan for them.

Both, perfect dragons are sometimes cheaper than gene projects, and buying a dragon with potential gives me something to do. For example, my current goal is to get a primal of each element, but I'm only buying the cheapest primals from the AH that I think can turn into flight reps. I prefer customization over breeding because customization gives me more control, whereas with breeding you're really at the whims of RNG.

Yes, I exalt fodder especially during pushes. I have a bunch of fodder saved up in my hibden for the next conquest push. I breed fodder, sometimes from fodder pairs, and other times from pairs that can produce pretty dragons. I put hatchlings from the latter pairs up on free dragon threads, and if nobody claims them after a certain time period, I designate them as fodder and train them instead.

Preference, I guess? Sometimes, I think that I have too much of one type of dragon (ex. too many female imps or dragons with butterfly). So even if I find I dragon I like, I won't buy it for the sake of diversifying my lair and tastes.

No, I don't care. Fodder is fodder. Besides, I've seen some people exalt traditionally "pretty" dragons anyway, like XXX pet/but coatls.
The majority of my dragons are fodder rescues, so XYZ.

Before the eye update, I didn't have a preference because of how subdued most of the colors were. But post-eye update really brought out eye colors, so now I care about matching eyes. Still, eyes are not deal-breakers unless I'm making a fan dragon.

I breed my dragons either for fodder or pretty hatchlings. I don't breed for specific colors, just combinations that look pretty. And I don't care about eye types unless they're multi-gaze or primal.

Only gene projects and color combo projects. When they get frustrating, it's because I've probably been breeding the same dragons for months now, and they're refusing to give me the right color combo no matter how narrow the range is.

Not special ids, dragons gain sentimentality over time, only special date dragons during my first year on FR, only have one 6-digit so that I can say I have one lol, and I only keep g1s if I can find a good plan for them.

Both, perfect dragons are sometimes cheaper than gene projects, and buying a dragon with potential gives me something to do. For example, my current goal is to get a primal of each element, but I'm only buying the cheapest primals from the AH that I think can turn into flight reps. I prefer customization over breeding because customization gives me more control, whereas with breeding you're really at the whims of RNG.

Yes, I exalt fodder especially during pushes. I have a bunch of fodder saved up in my hibden for the next conquest push. I breed fodder, sometimes from fodder pairs, and other times from pairs that can produce pretty dragons. I put hatchlings from the latter pairs up on free dragon threads, and if nobody claims them after a certain time period, I designate them as fodder and train them instead.

Preference, I guess? Sometimes, I think that I have too much of one type of dragon (ex. too many female imps or dragons with butterfly). So even if I find I dragon I like, I won't buy it for the sake of diversifying my lair and tastes.

No, I don't care. Fodder is fodder. Besides, I've seen some people exalt traditionally "pretty" dragons anyway, like XXX pet/but coatls.
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9