Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | For science! Dragon economy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?

xxy, xyy and xyz. I find xxx boring

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?

Eye color and type absolutely matter for me when it comes to permas, but I will buy dragons with the 'wrong' eyes for breeding projects if the price is right.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
I have many breeding pairs. Some are strictly to sell to others, some are to try to obtain certain color combos /eye types/

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?

I do! Breeding for specific color combos and eye types is one of the main things that keeps me active on FR

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?

G1s only, I don't care about ids or dates

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
I typically prefer not to spend money to gene a dragon unless it is a G1... I occasionally will buy a treasure gene for a breeding project dragon though (or brew one)

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?

I should breed fodder more than I do. I usually use dragons from breeding projects that are not the color combo I am after as fodder.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
There are certain breeds I just do not do (mirrors, ridgebacks). I am not really into dragons that fit the nature and plague aesthetic either, although I do have a couple dragons in my lair that are exceptions.
Otherwise the main thing that keeps me from buying a dragon that I find appealing in terms of breed/color/genes is the price being too high and/or the eye color being wrong. My pet peeve is when sellers combine those (trying to charge 400 gems for a lovely pastel dragon with plague eyes as an example)

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?

Not at all. Ugly is subjective, and I have seen people fall head over heels for dragons that I personally would consider fodder

xxy, xyy and xyz. I find xxx boring

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?

Eye color and type absolutely matter for me when it comes to permas, but I will buy dragons with the 'wrong' eyes for breeding projects if the price is right.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
I have many breeding pairs. Some are strictly to sell to others, some are to try to obtain certain color combos /eye types/

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?

I do! Breeding for specific color combos and eye types is one of the main things that keeps me active on FR

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?

G1s only, I don't care about ids or dates

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
I typically prefer not to spend money to gene a dragon unless it is a G1... I occasionally will buy a treasure gene for a breeding project dragon though (or brew one)

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?

I should breed fodder more than I do. I usually use dragons from breeding projects that are not the color combo I am after as fodder.

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
There are certain breeds I just do not do (mirrors, ridgebacks). I am not really into dragons that fit the nature and plague aesthetic either, although I do have a couple dragons in my lair that are exceptions.
Otherwise the main thing that keeps me from buying a dragon that I find appealing in terms of breed/color/genes is the price being too high and/or the eye color being wrong. My pet peeve is when sellers combine those (trying to charge 400 gems for a lovely pastel dragon with plague eyes as an example)

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?

Not at all. Ugly is subjective, and I have seen people fall head over heels for dragons that I personally would consider fodder
ZQGfAQY.png
XXX, XXY

Prefer but it's not a dealbreaker if no alternatives exist

I have specific pairs I breed, mostly for primal ice eyes. Other pairs are xxy/xxx mostly

No

Yes: special id, old dragons, gened g1

Perfect as it is. I don't customize dragons if I can help it

Not anymore. I breed xxx and xxy fodder, with some random xyz occasionally

Lair space, price, or if it doesn't fit any accents I own

A little, because a mismatching/ugly primal is unfortunate. But it's also incredibly boring to me to breed the same xxx ice (price wise, best use of primal ice eyes) over and over again
XXX, XXY

Prefer but it's not a dealbreaker if no alternatives exist

I have specific pairs I breed, mostly for primal ice eyes. Other pairs are xxy/xxx mostly

No

Yes: special id, old dragons, gened g1

Perfect as it is. I don't customize dragons if I can help it

Not anymore. I breed xxx and xxy fodder, with some random xyz occasionally

Lair space, price, or if it doesn't fit any accents I own

A little, because a mismatching/ugly primal is unfortunate. But it's also incredibly boring to me to breed the same xxx ice (price wise, best use of primal ice eyes) over and over again
tastefulmarketing.gif
XYZ

If it´s possible yes otherwise I can ignore the eye color.
As for eye types... goat and multi-gaze are off my list, not a fan.

Currently I am trying to get specific dragons via breeding, so yes I breed for specific color and species.

Eh... not sure. But currently I am saving up for opal gene along then other stuff in future.

No, I don´t. I don´t see any reason to waste my gems or treasure to such things. But if anyone does it... you do you.

Both.

I have put all my nest failures onto exalt. I don´t buy fodder, again, waste of my money.

Mostly it can be price or if colors aren´t right.

Don´t know.
XYZ

If it´s possible yes otherwise I can ignore the eye color.
As for eye types... goat and multi-gaze are off my list, not a fan.

Currently I am trying to get specific dragons via breeding, so yes I breed for specific color and species.

Eh... not sure. But currently I am saving up for opal gene along then other stuff in future.

No, I don´t. I don´t see any reason to waste my gems or treasure to such things. But if anyone does it... you do you.

Both.

I have put all my nest failures onto exalt. I don´t buy fodder, again, waste of my money.

Mostly it can be price or if colors aren´t right.

Don´t know.
Spyro OC lair.
Finnish.
She/her, ace.
Capricorn.
Monster Hunter fan.
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/rathaloshunter16
XYZ, thought I don't mind a good XYY.

Absolutely, I'm very picky with eye colors.

I do not breed my permas, I'm one of those people who don't like long offspring lists. However, I do breed a few select pairs and they are for specific colors.

I often take on breeding and gene projects much to my own wallet's detriment. I find breeding projects to often be frustrating because of how long it takes to get that perfect dragon. My longest breeding project is approaching two years and I'm not sure if I even want the dragon that comes from it anymore.

For sure. I mostly collect G1s and special lineage dragons but I also like 2-letter named dragons but they can get seriously expensive.

I'm very focuses on G1s at the moment so customization is prefered but I occasionally buy one that's already fully gened.

I do exalt fodder and I breed them myself. I breed XXY fodder and they end up mostly being Imperials for some reason?

Lotsa things: aesthetic, eye type, and price being the main factors.

I don't think it's a waste, random xyz fodder means you have a better chance at having one that fits the daily exalt bonus. I breed 'pretty' XYY fodder because if I get a random eye type, it'll sell better and for a lot more.
XYZ, thought I don't mind a good XYY.

Absolutely, I'm very picky with eye colors.

I do not breed my permas, I'm one of those people who don't like long offspring lists. However, I do breed a few select pairs and they are for specific colors.

I often take on breeding and gene projects much to my own wallet's detriment. I find breeding projects to often be frustrating because of how long it takes to get that perfect dragon. My longest breeding project is approaching two years and I'm not sure if I even want the dragon that comes from it anymore.

For sure. I mostly collect G1s and special lineage dragons but I also like 2-letter named dragons but they can get seriously expensive.

I'm very focuses on G1s at the moment so customization is prefered but I occasionally buy one that's already fully gened.

I do exalt fodder and I breed them myself. I breed XXY fodder and they end up mostly being Imperials for some reason?

Lotsa things: aesthetic, eye type, and price being the main factors.

I don't think it's a waste, random xyz fodder means you have a better chance at having one that fits the daily exalt bonus. I breed 'pretty' XYY fodder because if I get a random eye type, it'll sell better and for a lot more.
AwS14z9.png
"The enormity of the universe filled him with a strange sweet woe."
—Cormac McCarthy, Suttree
Mostly XYZs, XXYs and XYYs, overall, I prefer more unique combinations.

Eye types make no difference, eye colors sometimes do but only if the dragon is of a breed where the eyes are pretty prominent.

I breed for lore, generations projects and just for the fun of it.

Nope, too time consuming, I don't have the lairspace and there's no dragon I want to breed for either.

Oh yeah! I breed certain nests for special dates, as well as participate in special ID countdowns for the fun of it. I do have a few special IDs and very few old dragons, and all of my dragons have lore.

I'm too poor to afford gene scrolls without suffering a heavy loss of funds, but I do remove genes from dragons if I prefer them that way (an example is my profile dragon).

I don't breed fodder with the intent of the dragons becoming fodder but often they end up being exalted (mostly by me) and I don't mind that too much. I'm not an exalting lair but I will participate in pushes.

I actually prefer the AH over the sales forums, plus, you can find great new additions to your lair there. Though what prevents me from buying a dragon is certainly self-control and lairspace.

Not really, "less desired" or "ugly" doesn't mean "not desired at all" so you could still find a buyer, and if that doesn't work there's always sending them to the deities.
Mostly XYZs, XXYs and XYYs, overall, I prefer more unique combinations.

Eye types make no difference, eye colors sometimes do but only if the dragon is of a breed where the eyes are pretty prominent.

I breed for lore, generations projects and just for the fun of it.

Nope, too time consuming, I don't have the lairspace and there's no dragon I want to breed for either.

Oh yeah! I breed certain nests for special dates, as well as participate in special ID countdowns for the fun of it. I do have a few special IDs and very few old dragons, and all of my dragons have lore.

I'm too poor to afford gene scrolls without suffering a heavy loss of funds, but I do remove genes from dragons if I prefer them that way (an example is my profile dragon).

I don't breed fodder with the intent of the dragons becoming fodder but often they end up being exalted (mostly by me) and I don't mind that too much. I'm not an exalting lair but I will participate in pushes.

I actually prefer the AH over the sales forums, plus, you can find great new additions to your lair there. Though what prevents me from buying a dragon is certainly self-control and lairspace.

Not really, "less desired" or "ugly" doesn't mean "not desired at all" so you could still find a buyer, and if that doesn't work there's always sending them to the deities.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
Probably XXY and XYZ

If the colors of the dragon make me go "BUY" then mostly the eye-color doesn't matter. Matching eyes are just the cherry on top. If the tint is even more matchy than the common color then that's even better but I don't look for it specifically.

I stopped breeding modern breeds and focus on just breeding some Ancients at the moment. There's XXY, XXX and XYZ pairs in the mix. I breed to sell, but I sometimes hope for special eyes, especially Multi Gaze and Primal, just for a bit more money to gain (hopefully) so I can complete projects for finance whatever I currently want to get. Maybe I'll keep one of them. Who knows.

I'm sadly too lazy for most projects. I have mad respect for people who do, especially eye- or color-projects. And I am way too poor for scatter-adventures.
I have my G1/primal gene-projects, that's mostly it.

I collect some G1s and I have a lot of sentimental dragons (that are also old dragons) that I own. Some birthday-date dragons and I think that's mostly it (if there's a special date in the mix, it's coincidental).
Actual themed collections I have the cream-color-range female Primals and a whole bunch of soon-to-bee gaoler hatchling G1s.

I love buying pretty dragons that I can get the most out of with Accents and Apparel. But I also enjoy buying G1s with nice colors and putting my twist on them with genes. I think it's pretty even for me.

Yes I exalt fodder, I sometimes breed fodder (XYZ) and sell them but mostly I buy and train+exalt.

Mostly my taste prevents me from buying a dragon. Second most reason would be the price, after that lair space and/or if it fits into my lore.

I don't think so. Saying that would invalidate someone elses playstyle. You can breed ugly or pretty fodder, in a DOM battle both will get exalted, no matter what they look like and be appreciated by the deities.
Plus "ugly" is always super subjective. Someone else might love the color/gene combo.
Probably XXY and XYZ

If the colors of the dragon make me go "BUY" then mostly the eye-color doesn't matter. Matching eyes are just the cherry on top. If the tint is even more matchy than the common color then that's even better but I don't look for it specifically.

I stopped breeding modern breeds and focus on just breeding some Ancients at the moment. There's XXY, XXX and XYZ pairs in the mix. I breed to sell, but I sometimes hope for special eyes, especially Multi Gaze and Primal, just for a bit more money to gain (hopefully) so I can complete projects for finance whatever I currently want to get. Maybe I'll keep one of them. Who knows.

I'm sadly too lazy for most projects. I have mad respect for people who do, especially eye- or color-projects. And I am way too poor for scatter-adventures.
I have my G1/primal gene-projects, that's mostly it.

I collect some G1s and I have a lot of sentimental dragons (that are also old dragons) that I own. Some birthday-date dragons and I think that's mostly it (if there's a special date in the mix, it's coincidental).
Actual themed collections I have the cream-color-range female Primals and a whole bunch of soon-to-bee gaoler hatchling G1s.

I love buying pretty dragons that I can get the most out of with Accents and Apparel. But I also enjoy buying G1s with nice colors and putting my twist on them with genes. I think it's pretty even for me.

Yes I exalt fodder, I sometimes breed fodder (XYZ) and sell them but mostly I buy and train+exalt.

Mostly my taste prevents me from buying a dragon. Second most reason would be the price, after that lair space and/or if it fits into my lore.

I don't think so. Saying that would invalidate someone elses playstyle. You can breed ugly or pretty fodder, in a DOM battle both will get exalted, no matter what they look like and be appreciated by the deities.
Plus "ugly" is always super subjective. Someone else might love the color/gene combo.
XYZ usually. there's more of them and i think they can be very pretty without being super expensive

matching eye colors are nice but not necessary. most breeds got SUPER small eyes as adults so it doesnt even matter. i only really care if its a permabab or breeds with large eyes like coatls and spirals. as for eye types, it depends. i don't care for goat/faceted unless its on a permabab/coatl/spiral. i personally dont like primals and won't pay huge sums for them but i love a good multigaze

i breed for fodder. im too impatient to wait for someone to buy my dragons so.....to spacedad they go. different eye types are nice but i do not care

most of my fandergs are projects! gene projects, specifically. i think the rest of them might be frustrating, having to find generations and generations of parents to get a specific color combo, and the randomness of scatter/eye projects? no thank you

not really? just whoever i think is prettyyyyy

for personal/lore dragons: i like then just the way they are
for fandragons: i will customize them because breeding takes too long

i exalt for the moneyyyyy! i breed all my lair basically, if the babies are pretty i might try to sell them briefly but after, into the exalting pit

lair space. ALWAYS LAIR SPACE

no, breeding for fodder is breeding for fodder. there is no waste
XYZ usually. there's more of them and i think they can be very pretty without being super expensive

matching eye colors are nice but not necessary. most breeds got SUPER small eyes as adults so it doesnt even matter. i only really care if its a permabab or breeds with large eyes like coatls and spirals. as for eye types, it depends. i don't care for goat/faceted unless its on a permabab/coatl/spiral. i personally dont like primals and won't pay huge sums for them but i love a good multigaze

i breed for fodder. im too impatient to wait for someone to buy my dragons so.....to spacedad they go. different eye types are nice but i do not care

most of my fandergs are projects! gene projects, specifically. i think the rest of them might be frustrating, having to find generations and generations of parents to get a specific color combo, and the randomness of scatter/eye projects? no thank you

not really? just whoever i think is prettyyyyy

for personal/lore dragons: i like then just the way they are
for fandragons: i will customize them because breeding takes too long

i exalt for the moneyyyyy! i breed all my lair basically, if the babies are pretty i might try to sell them briefly but after, into the exalting pit

lair space. ALWAYS LAIR SPACE

no, breeding for fodder is breeding for fodder. there is no waste
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase
xxx, probably, although i also like xxy a lot.

usually they don't make the difference unless it's a really ugly contrast, but i do prefer dragons with matching eye colours.

yes, i do! i mostly breed for profit , so it's not like i'm specifically looking for anything. although, i do have a couple projects where i actively look for certain colours and genes.

not really, projects can often be really frustrating and futile to me.
i collect g1s, special date, and old dragons.

i like to buy a dragon perfect as it is because i'm cheap and i hate spending currency on genes, and the like :c i think breeding is better than customization but idk.

nah, too lazy to exalt.
lair space for sure.

no, because it's fodder so it will eventually be exalted anyways. i could care less what the colours are, haha.
xxx, probably, although i also like xxy a lot.

usually they don't make the difference unless it's a really ugly contrast, but i do prefer dragons with matching eye colours.

yes, i do! i mostly breed for profit , so it's not like i'm specifically looking for anything. although, i do have a couple projects where i actively look for certain colours and genes.

not really, projects can often be really frustrating and futile to me.
i collect g1s, special date, and old dragons.

i like to buy a dragon perfect as it is because i'm cheap and i hate spending currency on genes, and the like :c i think breeding is better than customization but idk.

nah, too lazy to exalt.
lair space for sure.

no, because it's fodder so it will eventually be exalted anyways. i could care less what the colours are, haha.
CUnQdgy.png
1. I tend to prefer XYZ, I just enjoy different color combos.

2.It's nice when eyes fit the colors, but eyes can also be covered with apparel so I don't care a whole lot.

3. Sometimes for specific colors( I got a set of pink dragons that regularly breed) but also sometimes breed dragons just to see what I can get.

4. No gene/color/scatter projects but I do have a Coliseum project where I try to get at least 1 dragon for every element to lvl 25.

5. I prefer to trade dragons.

6. I do exalt dragons, usually they're dragons from a Lineage Game that lose their status once they breed so I just level them up a bit and exalt them for a bit of extra cash. Most fodder I have goes into the give-away tab in my hibden.

7. Lairspace. Always lairspace.

8. Nope.
1. I tend to prefer XYZ, I just enjoy different color combos.

2.It's nice when eyes fit the colors, but eyes can also be covered with apparel so I don't care a whole lot.

3. Sometimes for specific colors( I got a set of pink dragons that regularly breed) but also sometimes breed dragons just to see what I can get.

4. No gene/color/scatter projects but I do have a Coliseum project where I try to get at least 1 dragon for every element to lvl 25.

5. I prefer to trade dragons.

6. I do exalt dragons, usually they're dragons from a Lineage Game that lose their status once they breed so I just level them up a bit and exalt them for a bit of extra cash. Most fodder I have goes into the give-away tab in my hibden.

7. Lairspace. Always lairspace.

8. Nope.
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
XYZs. Perfectly matching dragons are boring to me. Finding a dragon whose secondary secondary color matches the primary? That's better.

I do care about matching but if I need tint, I'll use the scroll myself.

I have a few projects. I've been trying for primal since they came out.

I love scatter projects. I've had so many. I just keep going until I hit the result I want.

All of these. I've gotten not one, but two G1 primal collections for the modern and ancients. With that done, I've moved onto collecting one of each element of 4 digit dragons.
I joined when 5 digit dragons were a thing, so that's not much of a challenge to me, sadly.

Both. I do both. I'd love to already have the perfect dragon but most of the time, it's a breeding project.

I only exalt failed breeding projects. I don't breed fodder anymore. Too time consuming and not much return for me.

Aesthetic usually. I used to have an entirely Plague lair, but I am slowly branching out into other aesthetics and just sticking them in a different tab.

Not at all. There's some really gorgeous combos that you would have never thought to make if it wasn't in front of you.
XYZs. Perfectly matching dragons are boring to me. Finding a dragon whose secondary secondary color matches the primary? That's better.

I do care about matching but if I need tint, I'll use the scroll myself.

I have a few projects. I've been trying for primal since they came out.

I love scatter projects. I've had so many. I just keep going until I hit the result I want.

All of these. I've gotten not one, but two G1 primal collections for the modern and ancients. With that done, I've moved onto collecting one of each element of 4 digit dragons.
I joined when 5 digit dragons were a thing, so that's not much of a challenge to me, sadly.

Both. I do both. I'd love to already have the perfect dragon but most of the time, it's a breeding project.

I only exalt failed breeding projects. I don't breed fodder anymore. Too time consuming and not much return for me.

Aesthetic usually. I used to have an entirely Plague lair, but I am slowly branching out into other aesthetics and just sticking them in a different tab.

Not at all. There's some really gorgeous combos that you would have never thought to make if it wasn't in front of you.
Y3kY2LN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9