Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | For science! Dragon economy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?
honestly idk, probably xyz? pretty dragon is pretty dragon

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
i guess? on most breeds it's so hard to tell that it doesn't make that big a difference to me.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
only my two fodder pairs, and occasionally for special dates or lore reasons

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
(gestures sadly at my 80+ projects) the fun is in the scrying, not so much in the calculating what they're going to cost me

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
not really, though i do have some funky ids and old dragons

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
it depends. sometimes i think a dragon is perfect as they are, sometimes i mess with them and add another project

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
yep! my fodder pairs turn out xxy xyz mirror/guardian that would look really great with lightning primal for extra profit possibilities

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
in earlier times nothing, if i like them i buy them. nowadays i'm restraining myself due to my previously stated project load.

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
i don't because someone out there might need those colors for a project, or enjoy them in general
honestly idk, probably xyz? pretty dragon is pretty dragon

Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
i guess? on most breeds it's so hard to tell that it doesn't make that big a difference to me.

Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
only my two fodder pairs, and occasionally for special dates or lore reasons

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
(gestures sadly at my 80+ projects) the fun is in the scrying, not so much in the calculating what they're going to cost me

Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
not really, though i do have some funky ids and old dragons

Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
it depends. sometimes i think a dragon is perfect as they are, sometimes i mess with them and add another project

Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
yep! my fodder pairs turn out xxy xyz mirror/guardian that would look really great with lightning primal for extra profit possibilities

What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
in earlier times nothing, if i like them i buy them. nowadays i'm restraining myself due to my previously stated project load.

Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
i don't because someone out there might need those colors for a project, or enjoy them in general
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
* What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?

I don't check. If I like what it looks like, I buy it. Probably XYZ.

* Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?

I don't care. I don't even remember the colour of most of my bought dragons' eyes.

* Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?

Yes, all the time. The main aim of my play is to make more pretty-looking dragons and add to my family tree. I breed in certain colour-ranges because I like them better, but I don't try to end up with one particular set of colours. I don't care about eye types.

* Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?

No, I don't do them. I never have a strongly defined idea of how a specific dragon should look when hatched.

* Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?

The only special date dragons are one I got as a gift because she shared my birthday, and two of her offspring who I Booned to also hatch on my birthday.

I do buy and breed a lot of Tundras.

* Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?

I don't normally change the genes of dragons I've bought, but occasionally I do. Slightly more commonly, I change the genes of dragons I've bred. Most often, I propagate genes by breeding dragons that have them to each other. But I don't really think of either as better.

* Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?

I don't buy or breed dragons specifically for the purpose of exalting them, and I don't exalt dragons I've bought. I exalt dragons I've bred when I need lair space for new hatchlings, which is usually. :)

* What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.

Lairspace, definitely. :) Aesthetic, yes - if I don't like its looks, it won't make pretty babies. Eye type, no, except I don't like some of the primals. Breed, yes - I don't buy some breeds, and I normally want a dragon the same breed as a specific potential mate. Name, no - if unnamed, I name it, and if named, I most commonly change it. Breeder, no. Auction house - I buy all my new dragons there. Sales forum - I never go there. Price - I look at the lowest-priced dragons that fit my criteria, so I never see them if they're over a certain price.

* Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?

For myself, I think it's a waste to breed hatchlings specifically for exalting at all, but I understand why other people do it. I don't think it matters what they look like if your intent is simply to exalt them. It might be easier to do it if you dislike their appearance.
* What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?

I don't check. If I like what it looks like, I buy it. Probably XYZ.

* Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?

I don't care. I don't even remember the colour of most of my bought dragons' eyes.

* Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?

Yes, all the time. The main aim of my play is to make more pretty-looking dragons and add to my family tree. I breed in certain colour-ranges because I like them better, but I don't try to end up with one particular set of colours. I don't care about eye types.

* Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?

No, I don't do them. I never have a strongly defined idea of how a specific dragon should look when hatched.

* Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?

The only special date dragons are one I got as a gift because she shared my birthday, and two of her offspring who I Booned to also hatch on my birthday.

I do buy and breed a lot of Tundras.

* Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?

I don't normally change the genes of dragons I've bought, but occasionally I do. Slightly more commonly, I change the genes of dragons I've bred. Most often, I propagate genes by breeding dragons that have them to each other. But I don't really think of either as better.

* Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?

I don't buy or breed dragons specifically for the purpose of exalting them, and I don't exalt dragons I've bought. I exalt dragons I've bred when I need lair space for new hatchlings, which is usually. :)

* What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.

Lairspace, definitely. :) Aesthetic, yes - if I don't like its looks, it won't make pretty babies. Eye type, no, except I don't like some of the primals. Breed, yes - I don't buy some breeds, and I normally want a dragon the same breed as a specific potential mate. Name, no - if unnamed, I name it, and if named, I most commonly change it. Breeder, no. Auction house - I buy all my new dragons there. Sales forum - I never go there. Price - I look at the lowest-priced dragons that fit my criteria, so I never see them if they're over a certain price.

* Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?

For myself, I think it's a waste to breed hatchlings specifically for exalting at all, but I understand why other people do it. I don't think it matters what they look like if your intent is simply to exalt them. It might be easier to do it if you dislike their appearance.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
XYZ, mainly, rarely XYY. I just like having more colors to work with!

I don't mind (and sometimes prefer) contrasting eye colors, but I'll confess that I do pass over Arcane dragons pretty frequently if their eyes clash with their colors. For lore reasons, I also don't often buy dragons with Nature eyes, either.

I do breed my dragons! It's fun seeing what hatches, and it's a free source of fodder. Sometimes I do breeding projects, but those are temporary with the goal of getting a single specific dragon (rather than, like, hatchery pairs). I don't breed for special eye types—if they happen, they happen.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating?
LOVE projects. Or, more specifically, I love projects where I can achieve incremental and enduring progress towards a goal. Breeding/color combo projects and gene projects are good. I'll put effort into them particularly when I need a distraction from real life. Sometimes, breeding projects can get frustrating when they drag on (haha) and my lineages get more complicated without substantial progress, but it's not hard to just keep playing the odds and gradually narrow down the possibilities.

Not really! I have the power to get sentimental over virtually any dragon. My lair's a big old mix.

I'm no G1 collector, but I do enjoy the feeling of spotting and bringing out a dragon's potential. Sometimes, though, that just means scooping up a fodder dragon and giving them a name and an outfit and a spot in my lair. I do like changing at least one gene along the way, though, haha. Makes 'em feel like they're mine.

I do exalt! I mostly breed my own fodder these days, since I exalt at a pretty relaxed pace.
I'm a little puzzled by the last part of the question, tbh. Any dragon I breed and don't plan to keep is fodder if they don't sell by adulthood.

Lair space. ;-; (Also probably some of the other factors like price, but if I like a dragon and don't buy it, it's because I just don't have the room.)

No??????? That's the whole point of fodder.
XYZ, mainly, rarely XYY. I just like having more colors to work with!

I don't mind (and sometimes prefer) contrasting eye colors, but I'll confess that I do pass over Arcane dragons pretty frequently if their eyes clash with their colors. For lore reasons, I also don't often buy dragons with Nature eyes, either.

I do breed my dragons! It's fun seeing what hatches, and it's a free source of fodder. Sometimes I do breeding projects, but those are temporary with the goal of getting a single specific dragon (rather than, like, hatchery pairs). I don't breed for special eye types—if they happen, they happen.

Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating?
LOVE projects. Or, more specifically, I love projects where I can achieve incremental and enduring progress towards a goal. Breeding/color combo projects and gene projects are good. I'll put effort into them particularly when I need a distraction from real life. Sometimes, breeding projects can get frustrating when they drag on (haha) and my lineages get more complicated without substantial progress, but it's not hard to just keep playing the odds and gradually narrow down the possibilities.

Not really! I have the power to get sentimental over virtually any dragon. My lair's a big old mix.

I'm no G1 collector, but I do enjoy the feeling of spotting and bringing out a dragon's potential. Sometimes, though, that just means scooping up a fodder dragon and giving them a name and an outfit and a spot in my lair. I do like changing at least one gene along the way, though, haha. Makes 'em feel like they're mine.

I do exalt! I mostly breed my own fodder these days, since I exalt at a pretty relaxed pace.
I'm a little puzzled by the last part of the question, tbh. Any dragon I breed and don't plan to keep is fodder if they don't sell by adulthood.

Lair space. ;-; (Also probably some of the other factors like price, but if I like a dragon and don't buy it, it's because I just don't have the room.)

No??????? That's the whole point of fodder.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
  • What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?
    Generally always X/Y/Z though I have quite a few near-miss doubles, I don't really have a preference other than I'm uninterested in triples and a double would need to be special for me to keep it over selling.
  • Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
    I heavily favour plague eyes but as long as they work then other colours are acceptable; I actively avoid water eyes though, they're just not for me. I like special eyes but they're not usually a deal breaker, more so a bonus if the dragon has a type I like.
  • Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
    I have 15 fodder pairs I breed to exalt the offspring, and one lore pair that's been bred once so far. I breed for nothing but fodder lol
  • Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
    I live for projects. I don't bother with natural eyes because I missed the scattersights and I'm not paying 600g+ for RNG to mock me but I'll happily pay 350g on scatterscrolls for RNG to outright troll me. My only slight annoyance is that gem genes are so pricey but I'm just careful about who gets them.
  • Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
    I'm a G1/G2 only lair, I have a couple of special (to me anyway) dates, cool ID's and a good few currently unique colour combos. I think to call what I do collecting would imply there's some sort of process, I pretty much just hoard.
  • Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
    Customization all the way. I love stumbling across cheap G1's with unseen potential, and tend to avoid gened G1's.
  • Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
    15 plentiful breed pairs, just a general mix. I'm going to be replacing them with more plague-like dragons at some point as I've sold fodder primals for 1kg+ on the AH so it's worth them being matchy. I don't buy fodder anymore since breeding my own gives me enough.
  • What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
    Pretty much my own preference, I mostly buy plague looking G1's but sometimes other aesthetics catch my eye. I generally limit myself to 100g/kt or under for the dragon themselves (unless special), when it gets down to picking genes I just wing it.
  • Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
    I think everyone should breed whatever they want for whatever purpose, makes no difference to me lol.
  • What types of dragons do you buy more of? XXX, XXY, XYX, XYY, XYZ?
    Generally always X/Y/Z though I have quite a few near-miss doubles, I don't really have a preference other than I'm uninterested in triples and a double would need to be special for me to keep it over selling.
  • Do you like prefer dragons with matching eye colors? And do eye types or even tints make the difference in if you buy a dragon or not?
    I heavily favour plague eyes but as long as they work then other colours are acceptable; I actively avoid water eyes though, they're just not for me. I like special eyes but they're not usually a deal breaker, more so a bonus if the dragon has a type I like.
  • Do you breed your dragons, why or why not? Do you breed for specific colors or random xyzs? Do you breed for eye types?
    I have 15 fodder pairs I breed to exalt the offspring, and one lore pair that's been bred once so far. I breed for nothing but fodder lol
  • Do you like projects? Scatter projects, eye projects, gene projects, color combo projects? And if you do any of these projects do they ever seem frustrating and why are they frustrating? And why?
    I live for projects. I don't bother with natural eyes because I missed the scattersights and I'm not paying 600g+ for RNG to mock me but I'll happily pay 350g on scatterscrolls for RNG to outright troll me. My only slight annoyance is that gem genes are so pricey but I'm just careful about who gets them.
  • Do you collect special ids, sentimental dragons, special date dragons, old dragons, G1s, or any other type of collection?
    I'm a G1/G2 only lair, I have a couple of special (to me anyway) dates, cool ID's and a good few currently unique colour combos. I think to call what I do collecting would imply there's some sort of process, I pretty much just hoard.
  • Do you prefer to buy a dragon perfect as it is? Do you prefer buying a dragon with potential and customizing it? Is customization better than breeding to you? Or is breeding better than customize you?
    Customization all the way. I love stumbling across cheap G1's with unseen potential, and tend to avoid gened G1's.
  • Do you exalt fodder? Do you exalt at all? Do you breed fodder, if you do what type of fodder do you breed(xxx, xxy, xyx, xyy, or xyz and what breed)?
    15 plentiful breed pairs, just a general mix. I'm going to be replacing them with more plague-like dragons at some point as I've sold fodder primals for 1kg+ on the AH so it's worth them being matchy. I don't buy fodder anymore since breeding my own gives me enough.
  • What prevents you from buying a dragon? Lairspace, aesthetic, eye type, breed, name, breeder, auction house, sales forum, price, g:t ratio, or anything else keeping you from buying a dragon.
    Pretty much my own preference, I mostly buy plague looking G1's but sometimes other aesthetics catch my eye. I generally limit myself to 100g/kt or under for the dragon themselves (unless special), when it gets down to picking genes I just wing it.
  • Do you think it’s a waste to breed “ugly” fodder, or random xyz fodder, or less desired colored xxx, xyy, xyx, or xxy fodder? If so why?
    I think everyone should breed whatever they want for whatever purpose, makes no difference to me lol.

XXX and XXY mostly! I do like XYY as well but lair space..

I prefer them to either match the accent colour or colour of the dragon or contrast in a way that works. I'm not too bothered about the tint but I do have preference for certain tints with different flights and if there was the same colours but was a tint I preferred I'd go for that one over the others

I like to breed matching pairs! I also do breeding projects as well for specific colours. I don't breed for eye types but I will hold onto certain eye types if they hatch

Yes and no. I enjoy completing them! And I like working towards something, but it is frustrating breeding for a specific gene/colour combo to not actually get it. (Got breeding projects over a year old..)

I collect primal and multi-gaze eyes

A bit of both. The perfect dragon would be much cheaper! But I also like completing projects and feels a little bit more personal as I've taken the time to decide on what genes and breed matches them best

I don't breed fodder (other than breeding project fails), I will exalt dragons but I don't breed specifically with the idea for fodder

Lack of lair space.. not fitting the shadow aesthetic (or being able to work with it), not having matching eyes or being overly expensive

I wouldn't say it's a waste as everyone has different tastes so people breeding for different reasons means there will be dragons for everyone, whatever their reason!

XXX and XXY mostly! I do like XYY as well but lair space..

I prefer them to either match the accent colour or colour of the dragon or contrast in a way that works. I'm not too bothered about the tint but I do have preference for certain tints with different flights and if there was the same colours but was a tint I preferred I'd go for that one over the others

I like to breed matching pairs! I also do breeding projects as well for specific colours. I don't breed for eye types but I will hold onto certain eye types if they hatch

Yes and no. I enjoy completing them! And I like working towards something, but it is frustrating breeding for a specific gene/colour combo to not actually get it. (Got breeding projects over a year old..)

I collect primal and multi-gaze eyes

A bit of both. The perfect dragon would be much cheaper! But I also like completing projects and feels a little bit more personal as I've taken the time to decide on what genes and breed matches them best

I don't breed fodder (other than breeding project fails), I will exalt dragons but I don't breed specifically with the idea for fodder

Lack of lair space.. not fitting the shadow aesthetic (or being able to work with it), not having matching eyes or being overly expensive

I wouldn't say it's a waste as everyone has different tastes so people breeding for different reasons means there will be dragons for everyone, whatever their reason!
tumblr_n89imatJWz1tfzajgo2_r1_250.png
XXY or XYY, they are always so pretty. Though I will buy an occasional pretty XYZ, I dislike most XXX

Depends, but most of the time yes I want the eyes to match

I do not breed lore dragons, I have specific pairs I breed for colors in XYY or XXY. I normally do not breed for eyes, but they are a nice bonus (just sold an XXY lightning primal for 3kg!)

I love scatter project's, but I'll only do them on special eyed g1s I keep, sometimes they take forever like him who took 37 scatters, or super quick like him who took 3

I've started to go down the g1 rabbit hole, I'm trying to get a g1 for each primal! 2/11 so far (I would have more but I sold other g1 primals before I started this project and now I regret it. I could have had Plague, Water, and Light as well) I

I like to buy a dragon as is, unless I have a specific project in mind or its a g1

I do exalt, I just use my pairs as my fodder breeders, send them to nests with matching eye colors and sell off any special eyed. If someone messages me wanting to buy one then I'll sell it. Mostly XXY and XYY and banescales

If it's been bred I don't want it, unless I'm using it for a breeding project

Eh, doesn't matter to me. I like to breed pretty fodder incase I get special eyes so they'd be easier to sell
XXY or XYY, they are always so pretty. Though I will buy an occasional pretty XYZ, I dislike most XXX

Depends, but most of the time yes I want the eyes to match

I do not breed lore dragons, I have specific pairs I breed for colors in XYY or XXY. I normally do not breed for eyes, but they are a nice bonus (just sold an XXY lightning primal for 3kg!)

I love scatter project's, but I'll only do them on special eyed g1s I keep, sometimes they take forever like him who took 37 scatters, or super quick like him who took 3

I've started to go down the g1 rabbit hole, I'm trying to get a g1 for each primal! 2/11 so far (I would have more but I sold other g1 primals before I started this project and now I regret it. I could have had Plague, Water, and Light as well) I

I like to buy a dragon as is, unless I have a specific project in mind or its a g1

I do exalt, I just use my pairs as my fodder breeders, send them to nests with matching eye colors and sell off any special eyed. If someone messages me wanting to buy one then I'll sell it. Mostly XXY and XYY and banescales

If it's been bred I don't want it, unless I'm using it for a breeding project

Eh, doesn't matter to me. I like to breed pretty fodder incase I get special eyes so they'd be easier to sell
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
Ok, so I'm gonna preface this with the fact that I rarely buy dragons to keep. It's almost always as fodder, for a breeding project, or for a challenge. With challenges in particular, I am picky. I do not currently have any breeding projects and have no intents to start another one right now. The one big exception is when I'm looking for new project G1s and with those, I only go for the cheap ones.

Usually, XYZ. When it comes to doubles, I prefer XXY. I don't go for XXX unless I'm working towards something specific and a XXX is my best option. I'm not a fan of XXX in general. For project G1s, it's always XYZ because doubles and triples are always really expensive and I'm not willing to spend that much on them. Plus, I feel more accomplished coming up with a gene plan using colors that may not seem like they go together at first glance.

Eh. Eye color rarely matters to me. On breeds with tiny eyes as adults, it does not matter to me. With medium to large eyes, it becomes a consideration, but very rarely do I decide against buying a dragon based on eye color. This extends to tints. Eyes are almost never a make or break thing for me.

I have things set up so I have a nest hatching everyday. I have a few reasons for this. Chief among them being that I find hatching eggs to be fun and it gives me something to look forward to on here everyday. All my current breeding pairs are either made of dragons that exist in lore or one of the parents exists in lore. I don't seek specific colors with these pairs. A few are wide range with wildcard hatchling colors. A few are short range. As far as others are considered, they're fodder hatchlings. I don't care. I don't ever price them as fodder though since if they don't sell, I'll just train and exalt them when they age up for pure profit.

I do host rental nests regularly. When a challenge includes breeding, those dragons take up nests. Depending on the challenge, I may be going for specific colors or the pairing may be comprised of dragons that were chosen randomly. On days when I don't have a rental or challenge pairing, I grab two cheap RTB adults off the AH that can breed together, chuck them on a nest, and see what happens.

So, with the exception of rental nests, it's a good mix of matchy pairs and wildcard pairs. None of them are tailored towards Lightning eyes. I do not breed for eyes. The only exception is currently I want a primal, any primal, not on a rental nest because I have this idea for a joke dragon that needs Lightning primal and I'm not willing to go and buy one.

Scatter projects: Yes, for old sentimental dragons I can't make myself get rid of but I'm not happy with their colors and when I do scatter dragons, my goal is colors I'm happy with, which is a very broad goal. Gene projects: Very much yes. My play style revolves around gene projects. Color projects: Rarely. I almost never do breeding projects, I'm almost never trying to get specific colors. Eye projects: Never. I very quickly learned it's not worth it. At all. Be it scattervials or breeding clones upon clones, it's not worth it.

Scatter projects can be frustrating, but I rarely do them and keep an open mind about what the RNG hands me. Like I said, my goal is to be happy with the colors, which is as open ended and broad as I can get.

Special IDs: Casually. I keep ones I hatch myself and like the look of and will buy cheap ones that really appeal to me. Sentimental dragons: Absolutely. A large chunk of my permas are sentimental. Special date dragons: Yes. I coordinate certain breeding pairs to hatch on certain days and have a thing for G1s with special hatch dates. Oldies: Not really, actually. I do have a fair amount of them, but that comes entirely from being a player for a long time, getting those dragons early, and then never letting go. I've never gone out of my way to try and get an old dragon. G1s: I'm picky. They need something else going for them other than being G1. Usually, it's having a special hatch date.

Customizing. 100%. If I'm buying a dragon to keep, they're getting a gene plan. With breeding projects, I breed for color above all else and am breeding because I can't find a dragon for sale with the colors I want. With G1s, I'm always getting them as all basic, cheap, and not really even considering genes until after I've bought them. And if I can't come up with a plan I like, oh well, I'll cut my losses.

I am a profit exalter. I regularly buy adult fodder to train and exalt. I do not breed for the purpose of creating fodder. But I will train and exalt them if they don't sell by the time they age up.

Space, price, and my increasing pickiness. I'm almost never buying dragons I intend to keep anymore. Nowadays, if I'm buying a dragon to keep, 90% of the time, it's a G1 with a special hatch day because I didn't have an egg on that day and wanted to hatch one. And even then, there's a decent chance I'll end up not keeping that dragon. If a dragon is above 15kt or the gem equivalent in price, I have to really think about getting that dragon.

Absolutely not. One player's "ugly" dragon is another's dream. The world needs more random XYZs in my opinion. Plus, if the dragon is being used as fodder, what does it matter? Fodder is fodder. It makes no difference on the exalt payout unless that dragon just so happens to have one or more of the daily bonus traits.
Ok, so I'm gonna preface this with the fact that I rarely buy dragons to keep. It's almost always as fodder, for a breeding project, or for a challenge. With challenges in particular, I am picky. I do not currently have any breeding projects and have no intents to start another one right now. The one big exception is when I'm looking for new project G1s and with those, I only go for the cheap ones.

Usually, XYZ. When it comes to doubles, I prefer XXY. I don't go for XXX unless I'm working towards something specific and a XXX is my best option. I'm not a fan of XXX in general. For project G1s, it's always XYZ because doubles and triples are always really expensive and I'm not willing to spend that much on them. Plus, I feel more accomplished coming up with a gene plan using colors that may not seem like they go together at first glance.

Eh. Eye color rarely matters to me. On breeds with tiny eyes as adults, it does not matter to me. With medium to large eyes, it becomes a consideration, but very rarely do I decide against buying a dragon based on eye color. This extends to tints. Eyes are almost never a make or break thing for me.

I have things set up so I have a nest hatching everyday. I have a few reasons for this. Chief among them being that I find hatching eggs to be fun and it gives me something to look forward to on here everyday. All my current breeding pairs are either made of dragons that exist in lore or one of the parents exists in lore. I don't seek specific colors with these pairs. A few are wide range with wildcard hatchling colors. A few are short range. As far as others are considered, they're fodder hatchlings. I don't care. I don't ever price them as fodder though since if they don't sell, I'll just train and exalt them when they age up for pure profit.

I do host rental nests regularly. When a challenge includes breeding, those dragons take up nests. Depending on the challenge, I may be going for specific colors or the pairing may be comprised of dragons that were chosen randomly. On days when I don't have a rental or challenge pairing, I grab two cheap RTB adults off the AH that can breed together, chuck them on a nest, and see what happens.

So, with the exception of rental nests, it's a good mix of matchy pairs and wildcard pairs. None of them are tailored towards Lightning eyes. I do not breed for eyes. The only exception is currently I want a primal, any primal, not on a rental nest because I have this idea for a joke dragon that needs Lightning primal and I'm not willing to go and buy one.

Scatter projects: Yes, for old sentimental dragons I can't make myself get rid of but I'm not happy with their colors and when I do scatter dragons, my goal is colors I'm happy with, which is a very broad goal. Gene projects: Very much yes. My play style revolves around gene projects. Color projects: Rarely. I almost never do breeding projects, I'm almost never trying to get specific colors. Eye projects: Never. I very quickly learned it's not worth it. At all. Be it scattervials or breeding clones upon clones, it's not worth it.

Scatter projects can be frustrating, but I rarely do them and keep an open mind about what the RNG hands me. Like I said, my goal is to be happy with the colors, which is as open ended and broad as I can get.

Special IDs: Casually. I keep ones I hatch myself and like the look of and will buy cheap ones that really appeal to me. Sentimental dragons: Absolutely. A large chunk of my permas are sentimental. Special date dragons: Yes. I coordinate certain breeding pairs to hatch on certain days and have a thing for G1s with special hatch dates. Oldies: Not really, actually. I do have a fair amount of them, but that comes entirely from being a player for a long time, getting those dragons early, and then never letting go. I've never gone out of my way to try and get an old dragon. G1s: I'm picky. They need something else going for them other than being G1. Usually, it's having a special hatch date.

Customizing. 100%. If I'm buying a dragon to keep, they're getting a gene plan. With breeding projects, I breed for color above all else and am breeding because I can't find a dragon for sale with the colors I want. With G1s, I'm always getting them as all basic, cheap, and not really even considering genes until after I've bought them. And if I can't come up with a plan I like, oh well, I'll cut my losses.

I am a profit exalter. I regularly buy adult fodder to train and exalt. I do not breed for the purpose of creating fodder. But I will train and exalt them if they don't sell by the time they age up.

Space, price, and my increasing pickiness. I'm almost never buying dragons I intend to keep anymore. Nowadays, if I'm buying a dragon to keep, 90% of the time, it's a G1 with a special hatch day because I didn't have an egg on that day and wanted to hatch one. And even then, there's a decent chance I'll end up not keeping that dragon. If a dragon is above 15kt or the gem equivalent in price, I have to really think about getting that dragon.

Absolutely not. One player's "ugly" dragon is another's dream. The world needs more random XYZs in my opinion. Plus, if the dragon is being used as fodder, what does it matter? Fodder is fodder. It makes no difference on the exalt payout unless that dragon just so happens to have one or more of the daily bonus traits.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
I try to buy more of XYZs, I find them a bit more special and love them loads, especially if they're g1s! I do find myself buying a lot of XXYs, however. All g2+ impulse buys that I fall in love with.

Depends on the dragon! If I'm looking for a really specific g2+, I usually get dragons with matching eyes since they're easier to come by. However, if it's a g1, I usually do not care about the eye type too much. It is nice to find matching eye colors though!

Again, depends on the dragons. I have designated breeding pairs, and I breed those. My permas? No, not really. I prefer to keep the offspring list clean, it just feels nicer to me! My pairs breed out specific colors; usually ranges not too far away from each other. As I'm trying to become a g1 lair, I don't breed for eye types. It is nice when they hatch, but I usually sell them. I don't look for specific eye types in particular.

I do! I don't usually find them frustrating, I like a challenge to spice up my FR gameplay. Otherwise, without a goal to work towards (i.e. getting funds to gene up dragons, or purchase scatter scrolls, getting a dream dragon of mine), I can find myself getting rather bored and unmotivated.

I collect G1s and sentimental dragons!

Depends. I usually don't find myself regening dragons that are g2+, but if I fall completely in love I can and will completely regene (an example is my avatar dragon, haha). I usually prefer customization to breeding, unless it's a 100% chance for the colors and all I need is the eye type to be perfect.

yes, I do exalt and breed fodder. I usually breed XXY and XYX dragons, though it doesn't really matter. I usually just breed in the pink range, as I'm paranoid that I'll get a primal or multigaze in a nest I find ugly!

Usually lack of lairspace, aesthetic, and price prevent me from buying a dragon.

Nope! After all, fodder is fodder. It's going to end up exalted anyway, and it's up to the breeder if they want to risk buying more "desirable" and probably more expensive fodder breeders in case of a special eye to potentially make money off of.
I try to buy more of XYZs, I find them a bit more special and love them loads, especially if they're g1s! I do find myself buying a lot of XXYs, however. All g2+ impulse buys that I fall in love with.

Depends on the dragon! If I'm looking for a really specific g2+, I usually get dragons with matching eyes since they're easier to come by. However, if it's a g1, I usually do not care about the eye type too much. It is nice to find matching eye colors though!

Again, depends on the dragons. I have designated breeding pairs, and I breed those. My permas? No, not really. I prefer to keep the offspring list clean, it just feels nicer to me! My pairs breed out specific colors; usually ranges not too far away from each other. As I'm trying to become a g1 lair, I don't breed for eye types. It is nice when they hatch, but I usually sell them. I don't look for specific eye types in particular.

I do! I don't usually find them frustrating, I like a challenge to spice up my FR gameplay. Otherwise, without a goal to work towards (i.e. getting funds to gene up dragons, or purchase scatter scrolls, getting a dream dragon of mine), I can find myself getting rather bored and unmotivated.

I collect G1s and sentimental dragons!

Depends. I usually don't find myself regening dragons that are g2+, but if I fall completely in love I can and will completely regene (an example is my avatar dragon, haha). I usually prefer customization to breeding, unless it's a 100% chance for the colors and all I need is the eye type to be perfect.

yes, I do exalt and breed fodder. I usually breed XXY and XYX dragons, though it doesn't really matter. I usually just breed in the pink range, as I'm paranoid that I'll get a primal or multigaze in a nest I find ugly!

Usually lack of lairspace, aesthetic, and price prevent me from buying a dragon.

Nope! After all, fodder is fodder. It's going to end up exalted anyway, and it's up to the breeder if they want to risk buying more "desirable" and probably more expensive fodder breeders in case of a special eye to potentially make money off of.
hey you!
while you're
here, go drink
some water c:
remember to
take care of
yourself!
WwOmccn.png
Mostly XYZ since most fodder is XYZ, although XXX tend to catch my eye. I'll hang onto a G1 if they're a discount XXY, XYX, or XYY, but I wouldn't pay premium when I can get a gened XYZ G1 for a fraction of the price.

Absolutely, usually the eyes decide the ultimate call between yah or nah. But there's some leeway if the dragon's eyes are small, or match an accent or outfit.

Yes, half my dragons are fodder breeders or a lazy breeding project. And I try for specific colors so I don't feel guilty for accidentally hatching an ugly primal.

Sometimes breeding for color and genes, but I don't do a lot of them, and I especially don't scatter colors or eyes. They're frustrating because RNG is often cruel, or the dragons I need aren't showing up on the Auction House.

Yes, all the above, but not exclusively. A little of everything, it's extra spice.

Yes, preference is perfect. I tend to like gem genes so that would get expensive fast, and I'd rather not limit myself to the "bargain bin" genes I only like okay. Some exceptions, I'm trying not to slap Skink on all my G1s. But if a G1 or old dragon is especially special to me I'll happily customize it.

Yes, lots of exalting in bulk, and I don't have any particular color combinations. Most of my nests are Imps, Nocs, and Guardians, but I'm shopping for other breeds.

Price. I've loved, rehomed, and exalted too many gorgeous fodder dragons to let myself drop 50-100k on a pretty lizard without second thought. Last factor is breed since I try to limit my ancients to matching accents and I haven't yet met a Snapper I've loved.

Never, never a waste. Ugly fodder requires little to no thought to throw on a nest, and more hatchlings mean lower fodder prices. I'd rather people just breed whatever they got lying around than stress over making pretty dragons. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, plus more random dragons could mean a rare color combination someone needs for a difficult project. Although it's hypocritical of me, since I leave a lot of nests empty when my usual pairs aren't ready.
Mostly XYZ since most fodder is XYZ, although XXX tend to catch my eye. I'll hang onto a G1 if they're a discount XXY, XYX, or XYY, but I wouldn't pay premium when I can get a gened XYZ G1 for a fraction of the price.

Absolutely, usually the eyes decide the ultimate call between yah or nah. But there's some leeway if the dragon's eyes are small, or match an accent or outfit.

Yes, half my dragons are fodder breeders or a lazy breeding project. And I try for specific colors so I don't feel guilty for accidentally hatching an ugly primal.

Sometimes breeding for color and genes, but I don't do a lot of them, and I especially don't scatter colors or eyes. They're frustrating because RNG is often cruel, or the dragons I need aren't showing up on the Auction House.

Yes, all the above, but not exclusively. A little of everything, it's extra spice.

Yes, preference is perfect. I tend to like gem genes so that would get expensive fast, and I'd rather not limit myself to the "bargain bin" genes I only like okay. Some exceptions, I'm trying not to slap Skink on all my G1s. But if a G1 or old dragon is especially special to me I'll happily customize it.

Yes, lots of exalting in bulk, and I don't have any particular color combinations. Most of my nests are Imps, Nocs, and Guardians, but I'm shopping for other breeds.

Price. I've loved, rehomed, and exalted too many gorgeous fodder dragons to let myself drop 50-100k on a pretty lizard without second thought. Last factor is breed since I try to limit my ancients to matching accents and I haven't yet met a Snapper I've loved.

Never, never a waste. Ugly fodder requires little to no thought to throw on a nest, and more hatchlings mean lower fodder prices. I'd rather people just breed whatever they got lying around than stress over making pretty dragons. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, plus more random dragons could mean a rare color combination someone needs for a difficult project. Although it's hypocritical of me, since I leave a lot of nests empty when my usual pairs aren't ready.
I buy a lot of doubles or matchy XYZs.

Not really unless I'm aiming for a specific theme or for a fandragon where I want the eyes to match their rl eyes or element.

Yes I do unless I find their combos very unappealing. I have done breeding projects before to get random XYZs and I'm currently doing one for a fire primal.

Gene projects I don't mind. See breeding projects above. And yes I had to breed for Honey Shimmer on a female coatl and I hated how long the breeding cooldowns are. One of my breeding projects just threw me a female of the right colors over a male but I don't want to use 400g for the swap-scroll.

Does collecting my own breeding projects count XD

I usually hunt for AH dragons I already find pretty, if I find them through other means I'm usually more willing to gene them up. I find both equally appealing and useful.

I do but rarely and usually during festivals and conquest battles. I breed fodder more then I exalt and sell the fodder rather then level them myself. Any dragon that tends to not sell inside a week is fodder with my primal project being such a common combo I just exalt the failed babies.

Vaious reasons, before I purged my old unloved ones it was lair space definitely. Usually if I'm in love with a breed or color or gene I'll get myself out of buying a haord of them I'll fall out of love with. I dislike buying G1s and basics because while I don't mind gene projects I'm not rich enough to do more then a few at a time.

I do not think it's a waste if only because everyone's aesthetic is different and you never know when an unusual combo is exactly what you need.
I buy a lot of doubles or matchy XYZs.

Not really unless I'm aiming for a specific theme or for a fandragon where I want the eyes to match their rl eyes or element.

Yes I do unless I find their combos very unappealing. I have done breeding projects before to get random XYZs and I'm currently doing one for a fire primal.

Gene projects I don't mind. See breeding projects above. And yes I had to breed for Honey Shimmer on a female coatl and I hated how long the breeding cooldowns are. One of my breeding projects just threw me a female of the right colors over a male but I don't want to use 400g for the swap-scroll.

Does collecting my own breeding projects count XD

I usually hunt for AH dragons I already find pretty, if I find them through other means I'm usually more willing to gene them up. I find both equally appealing and useful.

I do but rarely and usually during festivals and conquest battles. I breed fodder more then I exalt and sell the fodder rather then level them myself. Any dragon that tends to not sell inside a week is fodder with my primal project being such a common combo I just exalt the failed babies.

Vaious reasons, before I purged my old unloved ones it was lair space definitely. Usually if I'm in love with a breed or color or gene I'll get myself out of buying a haord of them I'll fall out of love with. I dislike buying G1s and basics because while I don't mind gene projects I'm not rich enough to do more then a few at a time.

I do not think it's a waste if only because everyone's aesthetic is different and you never know when an unusual combo is exactly what you need.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9