Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Boosters and Droplet Items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@hungryhobbits

Yeah, I know. Tedium that discourages people from playing the game (in this case, acquiring pretty dragons) makes for a bad game. So many people don't even try to get the dragons they want just because of all the time/effort/money they'd have to put into it. I mean, how many morphologies are saved in place of actually OBTAINING those dragons? So many are all "heh, this is a thing I want but would never be able to get." It goes contrary to FR's goal.

Also, may your sweet boy rest in peace. He was beautiful.

@benetton

How would an item like this make it "easy" to get XXX/XXY/etc. dragons? You'd still need to hatch a dragon that's 1- or 2-off in order to make it worth buying. Those are still very low odds.
@hungryhobbits

Yeah, I know. Tedium that discourages people from playing the game (in this case, acquiring pretty dragons) makes for a bad game. So many people don't even try to get the dragons they want just because of all the time/effort/money they'd have to put into it. I mean, how many morphologies are saved in place of actually OBTAINING those dragons? So many are all "heh, this is a thing I want but would never be able to get." It goes contrary to FR's goal.

Also, may your sweet boy rest in peace. He was beautiful.

@benetton

How would an item like this make it "easy" to get XXX/XXY/etc. dragons? You'd still need to hatch a dragon that's 1- or 2-off in order to make it worth buying. Those are still very low odds.
@Cryoluxa thank you so much he was a very good boy ;w; - and god honestly i have so many scries i want that i wont be able to obtain because i dont have the patience to breed (which is on me) or the dragons i could use for it are just not right by one or two colors UoU

@benetton if you read our discussions in the previous parts of the thread you would see how the cost negates the impact of the rarity - in order for the item to make it easier you'd have ot have a dragon thats already incredibly close to being a xxx/ect for it to be even feasible to use - therefore if someone is willing to spend to get a dozen vials to make them xxx/ect then they probably arent looking to resell that dragon for a profit
@Cryoluxa thank you so much he was a very good boy ;w; - and god honestly i have so many scries i want that i wont be able to obtain because i dont have the patience to breed (which is on me) or the dragons i could use for it are just not right by one or two colors UoU

@benetton if you read our discussions in the previous parts of the thread you would see how the cost negates the impact of the rarity - in order for the item to make it easier you'd have ot have a dragon thats already incredibly close to being a xxx/ect for it to be even feasible to use - therefore if someone is willing to spend to get a dozen vials to make them xxx/ect then they probably arent looking to resell that dragon for a profit
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@Cryoluxa

you say 2 off? well that means the dragons can have many colors off and you can apply as many of those bumping things to possibly get an xxx g1? yikes, big no support.

edit: @hungryhobbits i've seen xxx g1s going for at least 100kg on the auction forums so yea, you can still make quite a profit from them.

edit 2: i said what i said, still no support.
@Cryoluxa

you say 2 off? well that means the dragons can have many colors off and you can apply as many of those bumping things to possibly get an xxx g1? yikes, big no support.

edit: @hungryhobbits i've seen xxx g1s going for at least 100kg on the auction forums so yea, you can still make quite a profit from them.

edit 2: i said what i said, still no support.
DmRdZYl.png
@benetton as previously stated the item would be very expensive so like...unless you have the money to put into it that much then again, bumping a dragon numerous times just to get xxx/ect would be worthless if you plan on reselling it because you'll never get back what you put in

also i love how the only people aside from me and op commenting on this are people who only care about g1's and not like, other players who could benefit from this for their hatcheries or personal projects
@benetton as previously stated the item would be very expensive so like...unless you have the money to put into it that much then again, bumping a dragon numerous times just to get xxx/ect would be worthless if you plan on reselling it because you'll never get back what you put in

also i love how the only people aside from me and op commenting on this are people who only care about g1's and not like, other players who could benefit from this for their hatcheries or personal projects
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
@hungryhobbits @benetton

Yeah, a single booster/droplet should be comparable to, say, a gem gene or something. It's NOT something that people are going to make XX's out of since g1's can't be bred for and colors are only guaranteed from a nest if BOTH PARENTS have the SAME colors. In that way, it's even harder to breed than genes. Eyes are also a thing that contributes to a dragon's rarity/market value, whereas previously it wasn't much of a factor, so it's not like XXX's is the end all be all anymore for sellers.

Edit: Yeah, that's another point. The percentage of people who are heavily invested into the g1 market only represent a small percentage of overall FR players. These items could benefit a lot more people than it would harm, and I say it wouldn't harm anyone in practice. Considering the amount of money needed to invest in one of these, you're better off not buying it if you want profit, unless you are SUPER close to a XXX.
@hungryhobbits @benetton

Yeah, a single booster/droplet should be comparable to, say, a gem gene or something. It's NOT something that people are going to make XX's out of since g1's can't be bred for and colors are only guaranteed from a nest if BOTH PARENTS have the SAME colors. In that way, it's even harder to breed than genes. Eyes are also a thing that contributes to a dragon's rarity/market value, whereas previously it wasn't much of a factor, so it's not like XXX's is the end all be all anymore for sellers.

Edit: Yeah, that's another point. The percentage of people who are heavily invested into the g1 market only represent a small percentage of overall FR players. These items could benefit a lot more people than it would harm, and I say it wouldn't harm anyone in practice. Considering the amount of money needed to invest in one of these, you're better off not buying it if you want profit, unless you are SUPER close to a XXX.
I think breeding projects are a good idea for situations like this :D maybe plan one of those if you haven't already?

However I have a two off XXX (triple) gen one dragon, regardless of how expensive such an item would be I would be able to buy two of these and then have a dragon that sells for 50kg, as would a ton of other people too :D XYY/XYX/etc dragons are rare, but theyre just as rare as any specific XYZ (you have the same chance to hatch an algae/watermelon/periwinkle as you do a white/white/white).

There have been a few times where I've had dragons that I feel the same way you do, if it's a sentimental dragon I usually wind up growing to like its imperfection. If it's not, I find ways to get creative with accents/apparel to tie all its colors together :D just an idea
I think breeding projects are a good idea for situations like this :D maybe plan one of those if you haven't already?

However I have a two off XXX (triple) gen one dragon, regardless of how expensive such an item would be I would be able to buy two of these and then have a dragon that sells for 50kg, as would a ton of other people too :D XYY/XYX/etc dragons are rare, but theyre just as rare as any specific XYZ (you have the same chance to hatch an algae/watermelon/periwinkle as you do a white/white/white).

There have been a few times where I've had dragons that I feel the same way you do, if it's a sentimental dragon I usually wind up growing to like its imperfection. If it's not, I find ways to get creative with accents/apparel to tie all its colors together :D just an idea
@Lino

Breeding projects can be extremely tedious, cost a lot of time, money, and lair space, and force other goals to be put on hold for however long they take. Further, you cannot hatch a nest and get a g1. Some people just like not having parents or offspring lists, others hatch eggs for special events, and a g1 is always triple basic, and thus take investing for genes and apparel. Scatterscrolls are great, unless you land 2/3 colors you really like and don't know what to do because of it (you don't want to get rid of the 2 colors you like, but can't stand that third.) And if you're going for an obscure color combo in a breeding project, it takes even longer with even more investment to get the right parents to try for that dragon you want, and then the kids notoriously hatch with a color juuust a bit off.

This is why I propose this solution. It can help a lot of people, and make people think of playing FR as more fun (having the dragons you want) and less of a chore (the long trudge to get the dragons you want.) It's a quality of life thing, and again, doesn't affect the g1 market that much.

Using my own dragon/experience as a sample, if I bred him to get the colors I want, I'd be replacing this very special dragon. And as much as I love him, I just cannot stop thinking about what is just 2 steps away. Hence, I cannot fully enjoy this dragon, nor can I replace/get rid of him.

Besides that, people shouldn't have to dedicate a bunch of time jumping needless, tedious hurdles to acquire one, simple goal. That's how people come to quit or even resent games that were supposed to be fun. I'm not saying to take ALL the challenge out of it. I'm saying to make it just a little bit more playable.
@Lino

Breeding projects can be extremely tedious, cost a lot of time, money, and lair space, and force other goals to be put on hold for however long they take. Further, you cannot hatch a nest and get a g1. Some people just like not having parents or offspring lists, others hatch eggs for special events, and a g1 is always triple basic, and thus take investing for genes and apparel. Scatterscrolls are great, unless you land 2/3 colors you really like and don't know what to do because of it (you don't want to get rid of the 2 colors you like, but can't stand that third.) And if you're going for an obscure color combo in a breeding project, it takes even longer with even more investment to get the right parents to try for that dragon you want, and then the kids notoriously hatch with a color juuust a bit off.

This is why I propose this solution. It can help a lot of people, and make people think of playing FR as more fun (having the dragons you want) and less of a chore (the long trudge to get the dragons you want.) It's a quality of life thing, and again, doesn't affect the g1 market that much.

Using my own dragon/experience as a sample, if I bred him to get the colors I want, I'd be replacing this very special dragon. And as much as I love him, I just cannot stop thinking about what is just 2 steps away. Hence, I cannot fully enjoy this dragon, nor can I replace/get rid of him.

Besides that, people shouldn't have to dedicate a bunch of time jumping needless, tedious hurdles to acquire one, simple goal. That's how people come to quit or even resent games that were supposed to be fun. I'm not saying to take ALL the challenge out of it. I'm saying to make it just a little bit more playable.
Apologies for not having names on these quotes; seems the quote post button resets your post when it is clicked. [quote]I don't see why making it easier is a bad thing.[/quote] The reason is because you're taking away a big element of the game. There is a reason that single-color scatterscrolls have been rejected in that past, and single-color scatterscrolls would be more likely than these boosters, as they'd be a random color as opposed to an item to play the wheel. [quote]If it's an expensive item, then buying a bunch to make a dragon XXX or XXY or whatever won't lessen the g1 price market because you had to invest to get it. It's cost vs payout. [...] Plenty of people wouldn't see it as worth investing in if it won't affect the dragon's market value very much.[/quote] How expensive would this item be? 1,000g? 10,000g? If it's the former, a really close gen 1 dragon can still net you 30,000g profit, even if you spend a few thousand gems to fix it up. If it's the latter, then, as you say, people won't buy the item, so why release it? [quote]It makes a big difference for "casual players" quality of life, and doesn't affect market pricing very much given the item's cost and necessary luck to make it worthwhile as a business investment.[/quote] Depending on your definition of "casual players," then getting enough money to even buy the item, depending on the price, may be sorely unattainable. [quote]The object of FR is to acquire dragons you like.[/quote] More specifically, the goal is to [i]breed[/i] dragons you like, as seen by this Flight Rising advertisement: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/97cb7a9722119ee44ac5014bcda54df4.png[/img] Breeding is also the first mentioned site mechanic listed on the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=4]Site Overview[/url] in the Encyclopedia. [quote]He could've been such a happy memory for me, but every time I look at him I cringe because of what could've been. I just am not satisfied.[/quote] Sometimes eggs don't work out, and this is the exact reason why people say to never hatch eggs you get. You should always sell them, because most eggs will end in disappointment, and only be worth 0.3% of what the egg cost. Maybe a little higher once they're an adult, but most gen ones eventually end up as fodder. [quote]here's my boy i had to spend so many months and so much on like 4 different dragons with huge cool downs (because they were all imps and wc's and spirals) just to try and get his colors for that couldve been made so much easier with a drop/boost[/quote] Tip for the future! If you're not breeding for an Imperial/Wildclaw/Coatl, then breed change your breeding project pairs into two different plentiful breeds for short cooldowns and five egg nest potential. If you don't have a merciful color range, then you'll easily make back the cost of the scrolls by selling or exalting all of the breeding rejects. [quote]however i feel like i would be okay with it if dragons that were applied with the bumping the color up or down cannot be traded or sold afterwards. that ways, you aren't profiting from it in the future.[/quote] I can't say I support this suggestion because you shouldn't have a dragon locked to your account. What if a friend gave you the dragon, but you guys had a bad falling out? Maybe you just don't love the dragon anymore? People don't gene permas for profit down the line, however, if I do sell one of my gen 1s I put money into, then I'd at least like to make [i]some[/i] of the money back, as a reflection of my work. [quote]Tedium that discourages people from playing the game (in this case, acquiring pretty dragons) makes for a bad game. So many people don't even try to get the dragons they want just because of all the time/effort/money they'd have to put into it. I mean, how many morphologies are saved in place of actually OBTAINING those dragons? So many are all "heh, this is a thing I want but would never be able to get." It goes contrary to FR's goal.[/quote] I don't think this is quite true. I know people who have completed breeding projects by starting with dragons with huge ranges that don't seem worthwhile to bother with, and these projects take upwards of [i]two years[/i]. There is little downside to at least trying, because you may get lucky! Or you may not. Playing with RNG is one of the core parts of the breeding aspect of the game, and I don't mind it. Even trying to breed for eye types: I've been doing a breeding project for about six months now. No success yet, mostly because of the gender. But I'm not giving up. [quote]Yeah, a single booster/droplet should be comparable to, say, a gem gene or something.[/quote] Primary genes in the Gem Marketplace cost 1,500g. Gen 1 collectors have easily one hundred times that, maybe fifty for the less competitive ones. That is too cheap for an item that can break a very expensive market. Sorry this is very long...I figured it'd be more helpful for me to write down my thoughts in this manner. As a tl;dr: I do not support this for the same reason single-color scatterscrolls will never be implemented. People in the Gen 1 market can easily make a ton of profit off of playing the color wheel. Breeding projects take time. That's why they're called a project. Besides, it's much more satisfying to put the work in to get your desired result. If you start an RPG with the strongest weapon, it's not very rewarding to play, is it? Colors are also not the only aspect of breeding projects that are rough. There's eye types and gender as well. We know what happened with eye types, and gender change items are never going to be added, either.
Apologies for not having names on these quotes; seems the quote post button resets your post when it is clicked.
Quote:
I don't see why making it easier is a bad thing.
The reason is because you're taking away a big element of the game. There is a reason that single-color scatterscrolls have been rejected in that past, and single-color scatterscrolls would be more likely than these boosters, as they'd be a random color as opposed to an item to play the wheel.
Quote:
If it's an expensive item, then buying a bunch to make a dragon XXX or XXY or whatever won't lessen the g1 price market because you had to invest to get it. It's cost vs payout.

[...]

Plenty of people wouldn't see it as worth investing in if it won't affect the dragon's market value very much.
How expensive would this item be? 1,000g? 10,000g? If it's the former, a really close gen 1 dragon can still net you 30,000g profit, even if you spend a few thousand gems to fix it up. If it's the latter, then, as you say, people won't buy the item, so why release it?
Quote:
It makes a big difference for "casual players" quality of life, and doesn't affect market pricing very much given the item's cost and necessary luck to make it worthwhile as a business investment.
Depending on your definition of "casual players," then getting enough money to even buy the item, depending on the price, may be sorely unattainable.
Quote:
The object of FR is to acquire dragons you like.
More specifically, the goal is to breed dragons you like, as seen by this Flight Rising advertisement:
97cb7a9722119ee44ac5014bcda54df4.png
Breeding is also the first mentioned site mechanic listed on the Site Overview in the Encyclopedia.
Quote:
He could've been such a happy memory for me, but every time I look at him I cringe because of what could've been. I just am not satisfied.
Sometimes eggs don't work out, and this is the exact reason why people say to never hatch eggs you get. You should always sell them, because most eggs will end in disappointment, and only be worth 0.3% of what the egg cost. Maybe a little higher once they're an adult, but most gen ones eventually end up as fodder.
Quote:
here's my boy i had to spend so many months and so much on like 4 different dragons with huge cool downs (because they were all imps and wc's and spirals) just to try and get his colors for that couldve been made so much easier with a drop/boost
Tip for the future! If you're not breeding for an Imperial/Wildclaw/Coatl, then breed change your breeding project pairs into two different plentiful breeds for short cooldowns and five egg nest potential. If you don't have a merciful color range, then you'll easily make back the cost of the scrolls by selling or exalting all of the breeding rejects.
Quote:
however i feel like i would be okay with it if dragons that were applied with the bumping the color up or down cannot be traded or sold afterwards. that ways, you aren't profiting from it in the future.
I can't say I support this suggestion because you shouldn't have a dragon locked to your account. What if a friend gave you the dragon, but you guys had a bad falling out? Maybe you just don't love the dragon anymore? People don't gene permas for profit down the line, however, if I do sell one of my gen 1s I put money into, then I'd at least like to make some of the money back, as a reflection of my work.
Quote:
Tedium that discourages people from playing the game (in this case, acquiring pretty dragons) makes for a bad game. So many people don't even try to get the dragons they want just because of all the time/effort/money they'd have to put into it. I mean, how many morphologies are saved in place of actually OBTAINING those dragons? So many are all "heh, this is a thing I want but would never be able to get." It goes contrary to FR's goal.
I don't think this is quite true. I know people who have completed breeding projects by starting with dragons with huge ranges that don't seem worthwhile to bother with, and these projects take upwards of two years. There is little downside to at least trying, because you may get lucky! Or you may not. Playing with RNG is one of the core parts of the breeding aspect of the game, and I don't mind it. Even trying to breed for eye types: I've been doing a breeding project for about six months now. No success yet, mostly because of the gender. But I'm not giving up.
Quote:
Yeah, a single booster/droplet should be comparable to, say, a gem gene or something.
Primary genes in the Gem Marketplace cost 1,500g. Gen 1 collectors have easily one hundred times that, maybe fifty for the less competitive ones. That is too cheap for an item that can break a very expensive market.

Sorry this is very long...I figured it'd be more helpful for me to write down my thoughts in this manner.

As a tl;dr:
I do not support this for the same reason single-color scatterscrolls will never be implemented. People in the Gen 1 market can easily make a ton of profit off of playing the color wheel.

Breeding projects take time. That's why they're called a project. Besides, it's much more satisfying to put the work in to get your desired result. If you start an RPG with the strongest weapon, it's not very rewarding to play, is it?

Colors are also not the only aspect of breeding projects that are rough. There's eye types and gender as well. We know what happened with eye types, and gender change items are never going to be added, either.
fo11Vhp.png
The reason economy always comes up is because it’s a multiplayer game with many different play styles and a site wide economy. An item like this might be intended for causal players but it’s available to dragon sellers and can affect the economy.

As previously stated XXX gen 1 dragons can go for quite a lot (I’ve seen some with matcha eyes go for 50,000 + gems). If we use 2,000 g for the time (based on priced like a gem gene). Let’s say I find a a gen 1 dragon for 5,000 g that’s 10 colors off from XXX and the eye color matches the colors. So it would cost 25,000 gems for me to turn it into a dragon I could sell for 50,000 gems with some effort

If this item is expensive enough to deter people wanting to play the market it’s going to be out of the price range of a causal player. Single color scatter scrolls are a common suggestion and the general consensus is of that became a thing the price would have to be several times more expensive than tri color scatter scrolls because of the decreased risk (so at least 1,050 g which is 3x the goat of a tri color scatter scroll) A bump item would have to be far more expensive than that to counter the lack of risk which most causal players would struggle to earn
The reason economy always comes up is because it’s a multiplayer game with many different play styles and a site wide economy. An item like this might be intended for causal players but it’s available to dragon sellers and can affect the economy.

As previously stated XXX gen 1 dragons can go for quite a lot (I’ve seen some with matcha eyes go for 50,000 + gems). If we use 2,000 g for the time (based on priced like a gem gene). Let’s say I find a a gen 1 dragon for 5,000 g that’s 10 colors off from XXX and the eye color matches the colors. So it would cost 25,000 gems for me to turn it into a dragon I could sell for 50,000 gems with some effort

If this item is expensive enough to deter people wanting to play the market it’s going to be out of the price range of a causal player. Single color scatter scrolls are a common suggestion and the general consensus is of that became a thing the price would have to be several times more expensive than tri color scatter scrolls because of the decreased risk (so at least 1,050 g which is 3x the goat of a tri color scatter scroll) A bump item would have to be far more expensive than that to counter the lack of risk which most causal players would struggle to earn
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Naegiri i dont appreciate your comment because i already knew that - all the available dragons for my project at the time were hatchlings or incredibly expensive adults and therefore the breed change wouldnt apply to their first breeding cool down - i already know how breeding works and thats why i said i would like this item because as i previously stated, i dont have the patience for breeding projects especially since i dont do them often
@Naegiri i dont appreciate your comment because i already knew that - all the available dragons for my project at the time were hatchlings or incredibly expensive adults and therefore the breed change wouldnt apply to their first breeding cool down - i already know how breeding works and thats why i said i would like this item because as i previously stated, i dont have the patience for breeding projects especially since i dont do them often
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15