Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Boosters and Droplet Items
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@IamNoHere

I don't know if I have all the information to say there was definitely a "crash" when the eye vials came out, only because I can't know how much money was flowing around the site for dragons with special eyes (ie, were Primal dragons just sitting on the AH at those prices, not getting bought?) But I CAN say, the Primal G1 market took an ENORMOUS hit when the eye vials came out. Before the eye vials, Primal G1s would be on the AH for no less than 2000 gems, 6000 was common, 9000 sometimes happened if I'm remembering correctly.

Today, I've searched Primal G1s on the AH, and the first page of them are mostly in the 200-gem range, one is 300 (converted to treasure at the going rate, 300 gems is LESS than what a Primal vial costs).

As for non-G1s, the difference isn't as stark, but eyeballing it I would say that the prices are still lower than they used to be before the vials. One of my favorite non-G1 Primals that I bought pretty shortly before the eye vials came out cost me considerably more than the lower-priced Primal G1s you see today
@IamNoHere

I don't know if I have all the information to say there was definitely a "crash" when the eye vials came out, only because I can't know how much money was flowing around the site for dragons with special eyes (ie, were Primal dragons just sitting on the AH at those prices, not getting bought?) But I CAN say, the Primal G1 market took an ENORMOUS hit when the eye vials came out. Before the eye vials, Primal G1s would be on the AH for no less than 2000 gems, 6000 was common, 9000 sometimes happened if I'm remembering correctly.

Today, I've searched Primal G1s on the AH, and the first page of them are mostly in the 200-gem range, one is 300 (converted to treasure at the going rate, 300 gems is LESS than what a Primal vial costs).

As for non-G1s, the difference isn't as stark, but eyeballing it I would say that the prices are still lower than they used to be before the vials. One of my favorite non-G1 Primals that I bought pretty shortly before the eye vials came out cost me considerably more than the lower-priced Primal G1s you see today
I know I weighed in before, but it has been a year since then, and I have to still say no support.

Ultimately, this game is multi-faceted. Yes, it is a dragon breeding and customization game, but it is also a 'dragon capitalism' simulator, most pet sites with in game economies are.

With new features, I feel that all playstyles should be considered before taking action, and this includes the playstyles that we (universal we) might not like/agree with (such as sniping or the 'dragon capitalism' part in this case)

There comes a point when a site can have 'too much' customization ability and then is changed into a completely different type of site altogether. I feel that something like this is in that range of too much.

I can completely understand the frustration of having terts that don't match or arehard to work with. I have several of those myself. I can also understand the frustration of not being able to find the dragon you want, and not liking breeding projects. Iwant certain colors/patterns, but none exist, and I hate breeding projects.

I would definitely use the heck out of items like this, but I sitll don't think it is a good thing to add.
I know I weighed in before, but it has been a year since then, and I have to still say no support.

Ultimately, this game is multi-faceted. Yes, it is a dragon breeding and customization game, but it is also a 'dragon capitalism' simulator, most pet sites with in game economies are.

With new features, I feel that all playstyles should be considered before taking action, and this includes the playstyles that we (universal we) might not like/agree with (such as sniping or the 'dragon capitalism' part in this case)

There comes a point when a site can have 'too much' customization ability and then is changed into a completely different type of site altogether. I feel that something like this is in that range of too much.

I can completely understand the frustration of having terts that don't match or arehard to work with. I have several of those myself. I can also understand the frustration of not being able to find the dragon you want, and not liking breeding projects. Iwant certain colors/patterns, but none exist, and I hate breeding projects.

I would definitely use the heck out of items like this, but I sitll don't think it is a good thing to add.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Definitely no support. This would just be too precise.
Definitely no support. This would just be too precise.
jt3PpxV.png
I read through this whole thread. I think OP pinging people who'd previously disagreed with new suggestions and asking for input was met with more vitriol than need be (and I found the gesture a respectful one in intent), as harassment is a heavy and accusatory word, and it's simple to ask to not be pinged. Tally thing was kinda silly, but well meaning, but I digress. OPs gone now, but I still actually wanna advocate this.

As a g1 collector this is a feature I personally wouldn't use, but am in full support of!

See, I definitely have a lot of value staked in "authentic" G1s that are xxy xyx and xxx, and with that little "indicator" I'd totally fall into the "this demeans the value" idea, and would refuse to use it or buy it. And any collector in the thick of it absolutely will too. Example: there's literally people taking and demanding PROOF that hatchlings were born with primals and not artificially given a vial literally as a way to up the value of a dragon, despite this being, imo, quite silly. Because people really only want to sell and buy the rarity. Never underestimate people's abilities to only cultivate specifically authentic and difficult to obtain pet-site items. If this new item had that indicator of drop uses, that would 100% curb the g1 value issue no questions asked. People WANT to buy the rarity, not actually the colors themselves. If only the non drop-marked g1s are rare, people will still only buy those. I think this actually would UP the g1 market all things considered, because now if you use drops on already rare G1s that LOWERS the value. 0_0" so now nice color older G1s are potentially in even less supply! Wow!

Like, for real. The appeal of having match-colored G1s is all about flexing, and if there's a big red stamp on it that says this ain't authentic then it's not gonna be a flex. Can't stress that enough.

So any argument towards that specifically I think is totally defunct. Also, as a previous user said, this is a dragon simulator not a capitalism simulator. As much as I now might kinda fear the way drop indicators would be used to stop me from buying potential G1 dragons, that's like not a general priority the site should have imo. Why prioritize like... the value of gold bars over people having some fun with their pixel dolls?

I'm actually more for this than a single color scatterscroll. I like the gambling aspects of this game, but that idea sounds tedious and I already don't enjoy scatterscrolls and use them out of disgruntled necessity rather than joy.

On the other problems people have brought up. A cooldown between buys/uses I think is an epic idea. It'd be hard to abuse the system that way, and at that point between wait times and price sink you're actually better off just breeding the dragon you want if you don't have a very specific goal in mind. Can't see how this would drastically effect breeding.

I'd actually support cooldown on uses for a particular dragon over buys, because things like joxar's system can still be mass-used if you hoard from the AH. Though, I think a set of both could work pretty well to curb this idea of "people can then control it however they want with no challenge"? Alongside it being pretty pricey I really don't see any issues here. If anything it's just another angle to play the game that could improve quality of life for some players, and considering how persnickety and specific people are about rarity, this definitely won't effect the rarity market in a crash it way. I don't see it, with these specifications, harming the quality of the site at all.

After all, the eye-vials update DID crash the market, but was well-needed. It created a better more enjoyable experience for players to just give their dang dragons cool eyes. Who cares if it brought the value down, like really truly I think the pros were worth it.
I read through this whole thread. I think OP pinging people who'd previously disagreed with new suggestions and asking for input was met with more vitriol than need be (and I found the gesture a respectful one in intent), as harassment is a heavy and accusatory word, and it's simple to ask to not be pinged. Tally thing was kinda silly, but well meaning, but I digress. OPs gone now, but I still actually wanna advocate this.

As a g1 collector this is a feature I personally wouldn't use, but am in full support of!

See, I definitely have a lot of value staked in "authentic" G1s that are xxy xyx and xxx, and with that little "indicator" I'd totally fall into the "this demeans the value" idea, and would refuse to use it or buy it. And any collector in the thick of it absolutely will too. Example: there's literally people taking and demanding PROOF that hatchlings were born with primals and not artificially given a vial literally as a way to up the value of a dragon, despite this being, imo, quite silly. Because people really only want to sell and buy the rarity. Never underestimate people's abilities to only cultivate specifically authentic and difficult to obtain pet-site items. If this new item had that indicator of drop uses, that would 100% curb the g1 value issue no questions asked. People WANT to buy the rarity, not actually the colors themselves. If only the non drop-marked g1s are rare, people will still only buy those. I think this actually would UP the g1 market all things considered, because now if you use drops on already rare G1s that LOWERS the value. 0_0" so now nice color older G1s are potentially in even less supply! Wow!

Like, for real. The appeal of having match-colored G1s is all about flexing, and if there's a big red stamp on it that says this ain't authentic then it's not gonna be a flex. Can't stress that enough.

So any argument towards that specifically I think is totally defunct. Also, as a previous user said, this is a dragon simulator not a capitalism simulator. As much as I now might kinda fear the way drop indicators would be used to stop me from buying potential G1 dragons, that's like not a general priority the site should have imo. Why prioritize like... the value of gold bars over people having some fun with their pixel dolls?

I'm actually more for this than a single color scatterscroll. I like the gambling aspects of this game, but that idea sounds tedious and I already don't enjoy scatterscrolls and use them out of disgruntled necessity rather than joy.

On the other problems people have brought up. A cooldown between buys/uses I think is an epic idea. It'd be hard to abuse the system that way, and at that point between wait times and price sink you're actually better off just breeding the dragon you want if you don't have a very specific goal in mind. Can't see how this would drastically effect breeding.

I'd actually support cooldown on uses for a particular dragon over buys, because things like joxar's system can still be mass-used if you hoard from the AH. Though, I think a set of both could work pretty well to curb this idea of "people can then control it however they want with no challenge"? Alongside it being pretty pricey I really don't see any issues here. If anything it's just another angle to play the game that could improve quality of life for some players, and considering how persnickety and specific people are about rarity, this definitely won't effect the rarity market in a crash it way. I don't see it, with these specifications, harming the quality of the site at all.

After all, the eye-vials update DID crash the market, but was well-needed. It created a better more enjoyable experience for players to just give their dang dragons cool eyes. Who cares if it brought the value down, like really truly I think the pros were worth it.
@Applespider

Just want to point out that when people DID ask to not be pinged, the OP then started argueing that they couldn't discuss anything with those people and started saying that not being pinged meant that their arguments were 'invalidated'.
@Applespider

Just want to point out that when people DID ask to not be pinged, the OP then started argueing that they couldn't discuss anything with those people and started saying that not being pinged meant that their arguments were 'invalidated'.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@jemadar did you mean the tally thing? Because from what I gathered (and I could be wrong because I wasn't actually there!) it was more OP was saying they wouldn't be tallied if they weren't engaging, and not being pingable meant there was no guarantee for engaging so OP didn't know how to reconcile if it meant they couldn't discuss future updates (so how could they include your opinion in future updates (specifying that if you came back that was different)). All in all, massive miscommunication. And I agree there's a silly reply of "we don't need to be pinged, we'll come back if we want" and totally see how a system like that is flawed, but I think it sorta misconstrues the original intention of just trying to say "if I can't talk to you then how can I engage with your opinion when things develop" which, again, could've used more communication and more smoothing out. but I just think those words were taken with mayhaps a bit of bad faith.

I will concede though that, from what I saw, the "list" of people who didn't wanna be pinged was goofy. Kinda alienating and weird. But live and learn and all that.
@jemadar did you mean the tally thing? Because from what I gathered (and I could be wrong because I wasn't actually there!) it was more OP was saying they wouldn't be tallied if they weren't engaging, and not being pingable meant there was no guarantee for engaging so OP didn't know how to reconcile if it meant they couldn't discuss future updates (so how could they include your opinion in future updates (specifying that if you came back that was different)). All in all, massive miscommunication. And I agree there's a silly reply of "we don't need to be pinged, we'll come back if we want" and totally see how a system like that is flawed, but I think it sorta misconstrues the original intention of just trying to say "if I can't talk to you then how can I engage with your opinion when things develop" which, again, could've used more communication and more smoothing out. but I just think those words were taken with mayhaps a bit of bad faith.

I will concede though that, from what I saw, the "list" of people who didn't wanna be pinged was goofy. Kinda alienating and weird. But live and learn and all that.
@Applespider

It was that and the fact that OP put those names into the first post, then got upset when people got upset. It was also that they weren't pinging people to discuss what those people said, but rather mass pings to say 'hey look I changed the post, take a look at it'. I personally stopped engaging in the discussion because I just don't think this is a good idea at all, yet I still got pinged twice in mass pings. Even though I ignored the first one, and therefore indicated I wasn't interested.

The fact is, pinging is NOT needed to continue discussion. If someone is interested in engaging, they will continue to engage whether they are pinged or not. I am not saying 'don't ping' but more 'if someone says please don't ping, don't ping them and don't then try to invalidate their arguments because you are upset they don't want pings'.
@Applespider

It was that and the fact that OP put those names into the first post, then got upset when people got upset. It was also that they weren't pinging people to discuss what those people said, but rather mass pings to say 'hey look I changed the post, take a look at it'. I personally stopped engaging in the discussion because I just don't think this is a good idea at all, yet I still got pinged twice in mass pings. Even though I ignored the first one, and therefore indicated I wasn't interested.

The fact is, pinging is NOT needed to continue discussion. If someone is interested in engaging, they will continue to engage whether they are pinged or not. I am not saying 'don't ping' but more 'if someone says please don't ping, don't ping them and don't then try to invalidate their arguments because you are upset they don't want pings'.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@jemadar I can get on board with the idea that expressing a boundary to not be pinged and then pinged anyways is just... plain disrespectful. But I can't really see that OP pinging ya to ask your opinion after they address your concerns as anything but a pretty nice gesture yknow? Unfortunately, ignoring isn't the same as putting up a verbal, clear boundary. Someone can't guess what you want through lack of action. Maybe it's differing viewpoints, but Id've been like huh thanks for inviting me out of value of my opinion. And if I didn't wanna be pinged just say so bc OP was pretty respectful of that (aside from that weird list, which again was def weird like 100% not gonna defend that)

In general it sounds like general forum cultural etiquette though, which is fair. Just not something I understand right off the bat. And ppl did come in a little vitriolic so I could understand how OP felt kinda, well, panicked for something well intentioned. Or how their words got twisted in just that specific instance of just saying they didn't know if they could still talk to ppl (bc I think they took "dont ping" as "dont @ your reply to me" which just devolved into massive miscommunication).

This is pretty far off topic to the thread though ^_^" I do think this is a good idea if only for player quality of life, and a lot of the concerns seem curbed. So ya. Support.
@jemadar I can get on board with the idea that expressing a boundary to not be pinged and then pinged anyways is just... plain disrespectful. But I can't really see that OP pinging ya to ask your opinion after they address your concerns as anything but a pretty nice gesture yknow? Unfortunately, ignoring isn't the same as putting up a verbal, clear boundary. Someone can't guess what you want through lack of action. Maybe it's differing viewpoints, but Id've been like huh thanks for inviting me out of value of my opinion. And if I didn't wanna be pinged just say so bc OP was pretty respectful of that (aside from that weird list, which again was def weird like 100% not gonna defend that)

In general it sounds like general forum cultural etiquette though, which is fair. Just not something I understand right off the bat. And ppl did come in a little vitriolic so I could understand how OP felt kinda, well, panicked for something well intentioned. Or how their words got twisted in just that specific instance of just saying they didn't know if they could still talk to ppl (bc I think they took "dont ping" as "dont @ your reply to me" which just devolved into massive miscommunication).

This is pretty far off topic to the thread though ^_^" I do think this is a good idea if only for player quality of life, and a lot of the concerns seem curbed. So ya. Support.
The issue with the OP mass pinging was nobody was asked if they wanted to be on the ping list (and there have been several issues in the past about harasser they via being placed on mass pinglists without player permission) and when players didn’t respond (which is a pretty good indication in the suggestion forums that a player no longer wants to debate a topic) they were still pinged at the next mass pinglist. And then when people asked to be removed from the ping list they were put on a public do not ping list on the OP post rather than be removed from the OP’s private ping list

I still do not feel that this is the best addition to the game, if anything it should be limited to progens only
The issue with the OP mass pinging was nobody was asked if they wanted to be on the ping list (and there have been several issues in the past about harasser they via being placed on mass pinglists without player permission) and when players didn’t respond (which is a pretty good indication in the suggestion forums that a player no longer wants to debate a topic) they were still pinged at the next mass pinglist. And then when people asked to be removed from the ping list they were put on a public do not ping list on the OP post rather than be removed from the OP’s private ping list

I still do not feel that this is the best addition to the game, if anything it should be limited to progens only
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@dragonsage that list of people who didn't wanna be pinged was weird as I said I don't excuse that, just an out of pocket thing to do, I think the things before that were miscommunications though.

Eh, I like this because I'm all for more soft control over our dragons. It doesn't really mitigate the need for work/waiting, and I'm also an advocate for things like eyecolor changing so maybe it's just a different mindset? I DEF don't think you should be able to control colors at whim, but nudging it a little with a BIG indicator that says you did so that only really casual players or players who don't value rarity or novelty use it doesn't bother me at all! Gosh I never would, because even just the idea of that marker is making my eye twitch. I already get neurotic about dragons who've been bred, but I'd love to see how it could make some other people pretty happy! The special ID folk and such.
@dragonsage that list of people who didn't wanna be pinged was weird as I said I don't excuse that, just an out of pocket thing to do, I think the things before that were miscommunications though.

Eh, I like this because I'm all for more soft control over our dragons. It doesn't really mitigate the need for work/waiting, and I'm also an advocate for things like eyecolor changing so maybe it's just a different mindset? I DEF don't think you should be able to control colors at whim, but nudging it a little with a BIG indicator that says you did so that only really casual players or players who don't value rarity or novelty use it doesn't bother me at all! Gosh I never would, because even just the idea of that marker is making my eye twitch. I already get neurotic about dragons who've been bred, but I'd love to see how it could make some other people pretty happy! The special ID folk and such.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15