Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Boosters and Droplet Items
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
@JazzyLynx

I don't see why this is any less part of the "hunt" than gene scrolls and items that change eye type, honestly. I don't think it's in opposition to what FR is at its core, either. You still need to hatch eggs and nests to get close to what you're looking for. This just nudges you a tiny bit the rest of the way. It's much better than waiting half a month for cooldowns for the fifth time in a row when you get hatchlings that are just 1 step off from your goal.
@JazzyLynx

I don't see why this is any less part of the "hunt" than gene scrolls and items that change eye type, honestly. I don't think it's in opposition to what FR is at its core, either. You still need to hatch eggs and nests to get close to what you're looking for. This just nudges you a tiny bit the rest of the way. It's much better than waiting half a month for cooldowns for the fifth time in a row when you get hatchlings that are just 1 step off from your goal.
Bumping this since the idea has been modified and I would like to see what people think of that. Also, pinging people who expressed discontent at the idea to see if the proposed solution still is dissatisfactory.

@DragonSage @benetton @Lino @Naegiri @Kahvinporo @Jemadar @terranormal @gemajgall

Also, for those of you who supported the idea, I'd like to know what your thoughts are on the proposed adjustment.

@hungryhobbits @FliptheFrog (I'm counting you here because you weren't strictly against it, but rather for the items plus restrictions) @Cynderfire @SpeckledNightSky @hisseefit @Pangur

(Given that @Ettanin was the one who suggested it, and that @JazzyLynx expressed discontent with it even after the suggestion, I'm pretty sure what their stances are, but I'll let them say what they want to on this regardless.)

Everyone's perspective is important and deserves to be treated with respect. Let's work together constructively to meet as many concerns as we can.

Interesting note: before this new tally, the number of supporters (including Ettanin, FliptheFrog, and Pangur, who weren't opposed, but for it as long as it had certain restrictions) to the number of people opposed, the tally comes to this:
8 for (myself included), 9 opposed.

That's a pretty gosh darn even divide. I'm curious to see how the proposed adjustment changes things, if it does.
Bumping this since the idea has been modified and I would like to see what people think of that. Also, pinging people who expressed discontent at the idea to see if the proposed solution still is dissatisfactory.

@DragonSage @benetton @Lino @Naegiri @Kahvinporo @Jemadar @terranormal @gemajgall

Also, for those of you who supported the idea, I'd like to know what your thoughts are on the proposed adjustment.

@hungryhobbits @FliptheFrog (I'm counting you here because you weren't strictly against it, but rather for the items plus restrictions) @Cynderfire @SpeckledNightSky @hisseefit @Pangur

(Given that @Ettanin was the one who suggested it, and that @JazzyLynx expressed discontent with it even after the suggestion, I'm pretty sure what their stances are, but I'll let them say what they want to on this regardless.)

Everyone's perspective is important and deserves to be treated with respect. Let's work together constructively to meet as many concerns as we can.

Interesting note: before this new tally, the number of supporters (including Ettanin, FliptheFrog, and Pangur, who weren't opposed, but for it as long as it had certain restrictions) to the number of people opposed, the tally comes to this:
8 for (myself included), 9 opposed.

That's a pretty gosh darn even divide. I'm curious to see how the proposed adjustment changes things, if it does.
@Cryoluxa i'm still very pro the idea for the reasons i previously listed

i also wanted to apologize for becoming heated, i'm an essential worker and have been busy and it's caused my fuse to be very short and i shouldnt take it out on others - also especially apologize to @Naegiri and @Lino which i shouldve pinged before but was worried about bothering
@Cryoluxa i'm still very pro the idea for the reasons i previously listed

i also wanted to apologize for becoming heated, i'm an essential worker and have been busy and it's caused my fuse to be very short and i shouldnt take it out on others - also especially apologize to @Naegiri and @Lino which i shouldve pinged before but was worried about bothering
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I like that idea, that way the g1 market won't be destroyed!!
I like that idea, that way the g1 market won't be destroyed!!
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
i like the update more since we won't be outright getting doubles or triples but won't that still mean that if you get a XYZ from an egg, then you can still use the boosters to get a near double or triple?

For example, you hatch a XYY spring/lemon/lemon g1 from an egg. you can use the boosters to make it so that the colors are now honey/lemon/lemon. 1-off XXX dragons will sell for more than a 8-off XXX dragon. that i would say, is still some dragon economy impact going on.

also, you may think it's an even divide but not everyone uses or posts to the suggestion forums.

edit: i want to add that i still think that the use of the boosters is unfair. you're no longer leaving it up to chance. you would be knowing exactly what color it would change to. there was another idea a while back for single color scatterscrolls and that was not implemented so i don't see why boosters will be implemented. scatterscrolls give a random chance of what the color may be, but boosters completely gets rid of that chance. that is what i find not fair, and thus, definitely no support.
i like the update more since we won't be outright getting doubles or triples but won't that still mean that if you get a XYZ from an egg, then you can still use the boosters to get a near double or triple?

For example, you hatch a XYY spring/lemon/lemon g1 from an egg. you can use the boosters to make it so that the colors are now honey/lemon/lemon. 1-off XXX dragons will sell for more than a 8-off XXX dragon. that i would say, is still some dragon economy impact going on.

also, you may think it's an even divide but not everyone uses or posts to the suggestion forums.

edit: i want to add that i still think that the use of the boosters is unfair. you're no longer leaving it up to chance. you would be knowing exactly what color it would change to. there was another idea a while back for single color scatterscrolls and that was not implemented so i don't see why boosters will be implemented. scatterscrolls give a random chance of what the color may be, but boosters completely gets rid of that chance. that is what i find not fair, and thus, definitely no support.
DmRdZYl.png
I am more comfortable to support this idea with the modifications. I'm not sure if it would be possible to code, but if it is, it would be a good compromise.

The modifications would prevent the effect it would have to XXX/XXY/etc markets, and if it was 'expensive enough' I don't think it would destroy G1 markets either. And there still would be the element of chance and challenge. Many people would still prefer to breed for their desired colours instead of just colour boosting.
I am more comfortable to support this idea with the modifications. I'm not sure if it would be possible to code, but if it is, it would be a good compromise.

The modifications would prevent the effect it would have to XXX/XXY/etc markets, and if it was 'expensive enough' I don't think it would destroy G1 markets either. And there still would be the element of chance and challenge. Many people would still prefer to breed for their desired colours instead of just colour boosting.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
@benetton [quote name="benetton" date="2020-06-23 08:08:43" ] i like the update more since we won't be outright getting doubles or triples but won't that still mean that if you get a XYZ from an egg, then you can still use the boosters to get a near double or triple? For example, you hatch a XYY spring/lemon/lemon g1 from an egg. you can use the boosters to make it so that the colors are now honey/lemon/lemon. 1-off XXX dragons will sell for more than a 8-off XXX dragon. that i would say, is still some dragon economy impact going on.[/quote] Yes, but as I understand it, the main concern of those opposed was "crashing the g1 market." Also as I understand it, a one-off XXX is still a lot less valuable than a XXX (monetarily speaking, of course.) In addition, as has been stated, dragons with special eyes are extremely rare, so even in the case of, say, a primal 1-off XXX, such a dragon is hard to come by regardless, and it would not make much of a difference in price between a 1-off XXX and a 2-off XXX, especially when taking into consideration the necessary investment of gems or what have you in order to adjust the color. The price of an item will always affect the bottom line of profits. This isn't to say that the monetary value of a dragon will be unaffected by a color change. Of course it will. However, it would require investment, which offsets the incentive, which addresses the issues of those (at least previously) opposed without sacrificing the aims of those for the idea. There needs to be a little give or nothing will be achieved, and that goes for both sides. [quote name="benetton" date="2020-06-23 08:08:43" ] also, you may think it's an even divide but not everyone uses or posts to the suggestion forums. [/quote] I am well aware of that. This is just an even divide of those who last gave their thoughts on it -- a sample. Also, I think that those more involved in the g1 market frequent Suggestions more often than more casual players, simply because more casual players are unlikely to be active in the g1 market, just as they are unlikely to spend their time on the nitty gritty that Suggestions delves into, instead of hanging out on Dragon Share or something. As such, it is my belief that more people (if everyone gave their input) would be for rather than against. That's not how the Suggestions forums work, though. They take a sample made of users who volunteer their time and derive projections from that. Edit: Oh, also, that wasn't including Ettanin or JazzyLynx. I'll count Ettanin as for and JazzyLynx as against for the sake of categorizing them into "opposed" vs "not opposed." So it's actually 9:9. I also updated the opening post to show tallies. Edit again: Whoops, miscounted. It's actually 8 for, 9 against for the unrevised version. I'll adjust the tally accordingly.
@benetton
benetton wrote on 2020-06-23 08:08:43:

Yes, but as I understand it, the main concern of those opposed was "crashing the g1 market." Also as I understand it, a one-off XXX is still a lot less valuable than a XXX (monetarily speaking, of course.)

In addition, as has been stated, dragons with special eyes are extremely rare, so even in the case of, say, a primal 1-off XXX, such a dragon is hard to come by regardless, and it would not make much of a difference in price between a 1-off XXX and a 2-off XXX, especially when taking into consideration the necessary investment of gems or what have you in order to adjust the color. The price of an item will always affect the bottom line of profits.

This isn't to say that the monetary value of a dragon will be unaffected by a color change. Of course it will. However, it would require investment, which offsets the incentive, which addresses the issues of those (at least previously) opposed without sacrificing the aims of those for the idea. There needs to be a little give or nothing will be achieved, and that goes for both sides.
benetton wrote on 2020-06-23 08:08:43:

I am well aware of that. This is just an even divide of those who last gave their thoughts on it -- a sample. Also, I think that those more involved in the g1 market frequent Suggestions more often than more casual players, simply because more casual players are unlikely to be active in the g1 market, just as they are unlikely to spend their time on the nitty gritty that Suggestions delves into, instead of hanging out on Dragon Share or something. As such, it is my belief that more people (if everyone gave their input) would be for rather than against. That's not how the Suggestions forums work, though. They take a sample made of users who volunteer their time and derive projections from that.

Edit: Oh, also, that wasn't including Ettanin or JazzyLynx. I'll count Ettanin as for and JazzyLynx as against for the sake of categorizing them into "opposed" vs "not opposed." So it's actually 9:9. I also updated the opening post to show tallies.

Edit again: Whoops, miscounted. It's actually 8 for, 9 against for the unrevised version. I'll adjust the tally accordingly.
Man, I would absolutely love this! And your updated suggestion honestly makes it even better! Full support!
Man, I would absolutely love this! And your updated suggestion honestly makes it even better! Full support!
801128-C0-8-C7-A-4640-98-E6-A1-B6-EC0-A3-A60.png
tumblr_inline_ou7qgsczGB1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.png
Emerald
She/Her
FR+0
tumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ou7qgsczGB1r2ao8y_540.png
7-DE5099-A-45-E5-4-CE6-B24-D-E8696-F7385-FA.png
my wishlist
my bio
@EveningEmerald

Thank you for the input! ^_^
@EveningEmerald

Thank you for the input! ^_^
yeah, this seems all good! id even be fine if this wasn't able to be used on G1s either. honestly, im just interested in this as someone who is always breeding for some highly specific XYZ combo that i accidentally fell in love with, only to find theres 0 active dragons with it, and always slim pickings of close ranges on the AH. theres just SO many combos and it averages me about 8 months to produce things i want, and it can get frustrating.
yeah, this seems all good! id even be fine if this wasn't able to be used on G1s either. honestly, im just interested in this as someone who is always breeding for some highly specific XYZ combo that i accidentally fell in love with, only to find theres 0 active dragons with it, and always slim pickings of close ranges on the AH. theres just SO many combos and it averages me about 8 months to produce things i want, and it can get frustrating.
a97e852d483a01bf2bb347e362a63656a3fb004b.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15