Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Breed] Leviathans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center]I just love fish, mermaids and sea serpents! So I sketched some eel-like dragons I would die for Female, I guess [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/131438228828979200/722164840344584223/sdfsdfsdfdsfdsfwerwer.png[/img] And baby [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/714120977616732210/890283309697998898/NewCanvas23242.png[/img] And some ideas for info, so far [emoji=black gem size=1]Obtained: ??? [emoji=black gem size=1]Rarity: Common Ancient [emoji=black gem size=1]Breeding Cooldown: 20 days [emoji=black gem size=1]Diet: Seafood [quote name="Eucyon" date="2020-07-05 15:48:01" ] [b]Overview:[/b] Leviathans are an ancient breed that originate from the depths of the Leviathan Trench, from which they get their name. [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] Leviathans are an enormous ancient breed, ranking high in size compared to the rest of Sornieth's breeds. They are covered in slick, durable scales that allow them to slither through the water without a sound while also protecting themselves from injuries. The fins that run along their backs are long and feathery, making for a grand display when flared outward. [b]Social:[/b] Leviathans are solitary dragons, and move from one place to another, never lingering in one spot. Although they may speak draconic, they find using ecolocation much more efficient in the water. [b]Lairs:[/b] The nests of these large dragons are found primarily in the depths of The Sea of A Thousand Currents, hidden in reefs, caves, or even other abandoned lairs that are no longer used. [b]Tactics:[/b] A Leviathan prefers to lure their opponents into the water, and when given the chance, push them the depths of the ocean where the oxygen is lacking and the pressure is too great for the average dragon. They use their hardy needle-like teeth to tear, and their powerful, writhing body to suffocate. [/quote] (By [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2874560/4#post_43926978]Eucyon [/url]<3) They are gigantic creatures that live in water. Tho, I think, they wont die from just being on the land, just have trouble moving. Durable smooth scales protect them from drying out and bites of enemies, allow to get an impressive speed in the water. These creatures are loners and usually do not linger in one place for too long. They prefer to lure opponents into the water, where they have a great advantage. Clutching sharp teeth into a body dragon wriggles to tear a piece. If you happen to have more ideas feel free to post here [/center]
I just love fish, mermaids and sea serpents! So I sketched some eel-like dragons I would die for
Female, I guess
sdfsdfsdfdsfdsfwerwer.png
And baby
NewCanvas23242.png
And some ideas for info, so far

Obtained:
???

Rarity:
Common
Ancient

Breeding Cooldown:
20 days

Diet:
Seafood
Eucyon wrote on 2020-07-05 15:48:01:
Overview:
Leviathans are an ancient breed that originate from the depths of the Leviathan Trench, from which they get their name.

Physical Attributes:
Leviathans are an enormous ancient breed, ranking high in size compared to the rest of Sornieth's breeds. They are covered in slick, durable scales that allow them to slither through the water without a sound while also protecting themselves from injuries. The fins that run along their backs are long and feathery, making for a grand display when flared outward.

Social:
Leviathans are solitary dragons, and move from one place to another, never lingering in one spot.

Although they may speak draconic, they find using ecolocation much more efficient in the water.

Lairs:
The nests of these large dragons are found primarily in the depths of The Sea of A Thousand Currents, hidden in reefs, caves, or even other abandoned lairs that are no longer used.

Tactics:
A Leviathan prefers to lure their opponents into the water, and when given the chance, push them the depths of the ocean where the oxygen is lacking and the pressure is too great for the average dragon. They use their hardy needle-like teeth to tear, and their powerful, writhing body to suffocate.
(By Eucyon <3)

They are gigantic creatures that live in water. Tho, I think, they wont die from just being on the land, just have trouble moving. Durable smooth scales protect them from drying out and bites of enemies, allow to get an impressive speed in the water.
These creatures are loners and usually do not linger in one place for too long.
They prefer to lure opponents into the water, where they have a great advantage. Clutching sharp teeth into a body dragon wriggles to tear a piece.

If you happen to have more ideas feel free to post here
DF3g23y.png xxx xxx
coma > they/them > +10h
The past is dead!
These are great sketches! However I wouldn't support because personally they look a lot like Spirals and I'm not a big fan of them ;-; but I could definitely see others liking it.
These are great sketches! However I wouldn't support because personally they look a lot like Spirals and I'm not a big fan of them ;-; but I could definitely see others liking it.
CUnQdgy.png
Ooh, what a lovely idea and what amazing art!! I've always been of the opinion that FR needs a proper 'aquatic' species (guardians are amphibious at [i]best[/i], cmon staff). A sea serpent/ leviathan type of dragon is certainly needed! I hope the water ancient looks at least a little like this [emoji=guardian happy size=1] Also, I totally dig this design, just artistically. That eel-like head? Those cool, exposed teeth? And those really harmonious head frills/ secondary color fins?? AMAZING. I love it very, very much- totally hope we get a dragon with some of these aspects eventually! [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
Ooh, what a lovely idea and what amazing art!! I've always been of the opinion that FR needs a proper 'aquatic' species (guardians are amphibious at best, cmon staff). A sea serpent/ leviathan type of dragon is certainly needed! I hope the water ancient looks at least a little like this

Also, I totally dig this design, just artistically. That eel-like head? Those cool, exposed teeth? And those really harmonious head frills/ secondary color fins?? AMAZING. I love it very, very much- totally hope we get a dragon with some of these aspects eventually!
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
thats just a legless spiral, no support. even if it doesnt die on land it has no way of moving or existing anywhere outside of water flight.
thats just a legless spiral, no support. even if it doesnt die on land it has no way of moving or existing anywhere outside of water flight.
66.png
I personally would adore a breed like this. Spirals also don't have to be the only long-bodied breed, the two have a lot of different characteristics. And outside of water it could move like a snake. Water also isn't the only flight with, well, water.
I personally would adore a breed like this. Spirals also don't have to be the only long-bodied breed, the two have a lot of different characteristics. And outside of water it could move like a snake. Water also isn't the only flight with, well, water.
AH
I support this. Would love to see a bit more diversity with dragons. No wings no legs would be a nice change.

I sorta prefer the baby design over the adult design. Like Just make the baby longer and bam it's the adult version. I don't mind your adult design but the baby one is hitting in all the right spots for me design wise (at least the head lol, and especially because please more breeds who's special eyes we can see as adults).
I support this. Would love to see a bit more diversity with dragons. No wings no legs would be a nice change.

I sorta prefer the baby design over the adult design. Like Just make the baby longer and bam it's the adult version. I don't mind your adult design but the baby one is hitting in all the right spots for me design wise (at least the head lol, and especially because please more breeds who's special eyes we can see as adults).
@Helixexe

I would love something like this, but something of note is that Staff have said that, regardless of how they're acquired, Ancient Breeds will be Common/Have a 20 day cooldown period.
@Helixexe

I would love something like this, but something of note is that Staff have said that, regardless of how they're acquired, Ancient Breeds will be Common/Have a 20 day cooldown period.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
@TheLOAD thank you, I will fix it!

Also why everybody dislikes idea of noodle dragons so much..
@TheLOAD thank you, I will fix it!

Also why everybody dislikes idea of noodle dragons so much..
DF3g23y.png xxx xxx
coma > they/them > +10h
The past is dead!
this breed idea absolutely SLAPS. excellent artwork as well! really cool stuff!!!!
this breed idea absolutely SLAPS. excellent artwork as well! really cool stuff!!!!
hNr0fWQ.png
Hmm, I think it's rather... unfair to write off an entire category of dragons just because they look 'sort of' like a pre-existing breed without legs. There are many dragons in history that don't follow the '2 arm, 2 wing, 2 leg' rule. This suggestion is for an ancient breed, ofc, but I think that fits with the site and water flight in particular. 'Dragon', in mythology, often referred to any dangerous, vaguely-reptilian creature; a very large percent of all things called 'dragons' had no limbs or wings at all! Think of the many sea serpents, wyrms/ lindwyrms, hydras, or Asian dragons in stories. A wider variety in dragon body plans can only benefit the site, imo. (And really, most people used 'dragon' interchangeably with 'giant fucking snake', at least in western mythology. Hence their legendary duals with elephants and such, constricting and using venemous bites/ deadly 'fire' from their mouths.) [img]https://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/schrijfsels/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/elephants_and_dragons_1.1363x1016-cropx95y303-is.500x0-is.jpg[/img] Animals like sea snakes, eels, oarfish, or crocodiles make for wonderful inspiration in creature designs, both for us today and people of the past. I like this suggestion so much because it fills a niche that is... strangely absent on FR: the sleek, primordial sea serpent. Tiamat, the Leviathan, the ever-present 'here-be-dragons' along the map's edge- we have no breed that fits that aesthetic on site (which is a shame, considering we have... an entire flight based around dragons living underwater, lol. Like, we have the Leviathan Trench... but no sea serpents?? What???) Besides, this idea is clearly inspired by eels/ fish more than terrestrial serpents, like spirals are (who have a more tree-snake design, arboreal lifestyle, and flexible/ constricting bodies. They're more like those [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysopelea]gliding snakes[/url] than any sea serpent I've ever heard of!) Perhaps these leviathans move on land somewhat like [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OolS1BIt_gU]New Zealand longfin eels[/url]? But more maneuverable, for the other flights? A few lateral fins/ spiney appendages in the design may make that more feasible. Be more like medieval archivists, people- use your imagination! Go wild!! A lithe, serpentine dragon could use elemental magic to 'swim' through lava, sand, or the air just as well as water! (Which personally would be cooler than another traditional western dragon walking along, but hey, maybe that's just me.) [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OolS1BIt_gU][img]https://i.imgur.com/wGYfe1h.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZZ8sDAG.gif[/img][/url]
Hmm, I think it's rather... unfair to write off an entire category of dragons just because they look 'sort of' like a pre-existing breed without legs. There are many dragons in history that don't follow the '2 arm, 2 wing, 2 leg' rule. This suggestion is for an ancient breed, ofc, but I think that fits with the site and water flight in particular.

'Dragon', in mythology, often referred to any dangerous, vaguely-reptilian creature; a very large percent of all things called 'dragons' had no limbs or wings at all! Think of the many sea serpents, wyrms/ lindwyrms, hydras, or Asian dragons in stories. A wider variety in dragon body plans can only benefit the site, imo.

(And really, most people used 'dragon' interchangeably with 'giant ******* snake', at least in western mythology. Hence their legendary duals with elephants and such, constricting and using venemous bites/ deadly 'fire' from their mouths.)

elephants_and_dragons_1.1363x1016-cropx95y303-is.500x0-is.jpg

Animals like sea snakes, eels, oarfish, or crocodiles make for wonderful inspiration in creature designs, both for us today and people of the past. I like this suggestion so much because it fills a niche that is... strangely absent on FR: the sleek, primordial sea serpent. Tiamat, the Leviathan, the ever-present 'here-be-dragons' along the map's edge- we have no breed that fits that aesthetic on site (which is a shame, considering we have... an entire flight based around dragons living underwater, lol. Like, we have the Leviathan Trench... but no sea serpents?? What???)

Besides, this idea is clearly inspired by eels/ fish more than terrestrial serpents, like spirals are (who have a more tree-snake design, arboreal lifestyle, and flexible/ constricting bodies. They're more like those gliding snakes than any sea serpent I've ever heard of!)

Perhaps these leviathans move on land somewhat like New Zealand longfin eels? But more maneuverable, for the other flights? A few lateral fins/ spiney appendages in the design may make that more feasible.

Be more like medieval archivists, people- use your imagination! Go wild!! A lithe, serpentine dragon could use elemental magic to 'swim' through lava, sand, or the air just as well as water! (Which personally would be cooler than another traditional western dragon walking along, but hey, maybe that's just me.)

wGYfe1h.gif

ZZ8sDAG.gif

kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10