Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Breed] Leviathans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="smorphie" date="2021-09-22 17:14:42" ] some people are saying like "theres no legs, i woul dhave trouble putting them into my lore", but snakes?? those things are as legless as legless can get. [/quote] Snakes are land creatures whose anatomy is specialized to move on land. They use their belly scales to pull themselves along surfaces. This design would not be able to move like a snake on land due to the lack of that kind of anatomy. A completely limbless, finless aquatic creature whose anatomy is specialized to move in fluids is not going to be able to get around on land very well aside from flopping madly like a fish out of water... It isn't something I want in my lore for a sapient clanmember. X'D
smorphie wrote on 2021-09-22 17:14:42:
some people are saying like "theres no legs, i woul dhave trouble putting them into my lore", but snakes?? those things are as legless as legless can get.

Snakes are land creatures whose anatomy is specialized to move on land. They use their belly scales to pull themselves along surfaces. This design would not be able to move like a snake on land due to the lack of that kind of anatomy.

A completely limbless, finless aquatic creature whose anatomy is specialized to move in fluids is not going to be able to get around on land very well aside from flopping madly like a fish out of water... It isn't something I want in my lore for a sapient clanmember. X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Gorgeous art and design. Really fits the FR style too. Would love to own these.
Gorgeous art and design. Really fits the FR style too. Would love to own these.
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
Limbless dragons aren't usually my cup of tea but I love eels and the concept of these guys! Support!

Maybe some of their "line-breaking" tertiary genes could lean into snake territory like a cobra hood or a cool rattlesnake tail? (Though not sure how practical the latter would be underwater.)
Limbless dragons aren't usually my cup of tea but I love eels and the concept of these guys! Support!

Maybe some of their "line-breaking" tertiary genes could lean into snake territory like a cobra hood or a cool rattlesnake tail? (Though not sure how practical the latter would be underwater.)
JgF49Nw.png
Support - this is: rad
Yes they are similar to spirals, but we already have dragons that are VERY similar
gaolers, tundras, obelisks - are all SUPER similar.

so: SUPPORT
Support - this is: rad
Yes they are similar to spirals, but we already have dragons that are VERY similar
gaolers, tundras, obelisks - are all SUPER similar.

so: SUPPORT
ooSuhor.png
Gib the limbless boi, Support!
Gib the limbless boi, Support!
8fNZOKd.gif
I love it, but imagine...

buttersnake arms.

buttersnake arms.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
[quote name="Zikitty" date="2021-09-23 23:40:00" ] I love it, but imagine... buttersnake arms. [/quote] After defeating all the other buttersnakes, you must now face the final boss...
Zikitty wrote on 2021-09-23 23:40:00:

buttersnake arms.
After defeating all the other buttersnakes, you must now face the final boss...
i'm trying my best
ePOliyb.pngFObX7rS.pngBb9XFYa.png
thank you for your patience
Full support. I want more serpent dragons.

Edit: @Zenzic For what it's worth, legless lizards don't have the scales that snakes do, and can locomote on land just fine. Eels are also able to slither across the land when they have to, so this dragon would still probabaly be able to slither even without belly scales. Snake Scales are one way of accomplishing limbless locomotion, but they aren't the only way.

Edit: @Zenzic For what it's worth, legless lizards don't have the scales that snakes do, and can locomote on land just fine. Eels are also able to slither across the land when they have to, so this dragon would still probabaly be able to slither even without belly scales. Snake Scales are one way of accomplishing limbless locomotion, but they aren't the only way.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
[quote name="TheLOAD" date="2021-09-24 10:00:58" ] Full support. I want more serpent dragons. Edit: @/Zenzic For what it's worth, legless lizards don't have the scales that snakes do, and can locomote on land just fine. Eels are also able to slither across the land when they have to, so this dragon would still probabaly be able to slither even without belly scales. Snake Scales are one way of accomplishing limbless locomotion, but they aren't the only way. [/quote] The difficulty isn't so much with limbless locomotion, but limbless locomotion that works well on both land and in water. A dragon breed that cannot thrive on land isn't going to be able to successfully expand across Sornieth into other element clans. Ah yes, Slow Worms (legless lizards) are very interesting. Slow Worms are adapted to burrowing and move most effectively by pushing at soil with their head, aided by their stiff bodies. (They also tend to be a bit clumsy compared to say, snakes.) It works for them as a land animal, but doesn't allow for aquatic mobility/stability. They enter water when necessary, but not often by choice. (Could be an interesting design element for a dragon, but I think Slow Worm anatomy is unfitting for an aquatic dragon specifically. I'd love to see a burrowing Earth Ancient take some inspiration, however!) Eels traverse land with difficulty by awkwardly flailing/undulating their body around. That's the kind of "fish out of water" existence I mentioned earlier that would be awkward to lore in many users' waterless clans. X'D (Interestingly, some species of eel can [i]crawl[/i] on land, but they use their pectoral fins to do so.)
TheLOAD wrote on 2021-09-24 10:00:58:

Edit: @/Zenzic For what it's worth, legless lizards don't have the scales that snakes do, and can locomote on land just fine. Eels are also able to slither across the land when they have to, so this dragon would still probabaly be able to slither even without belly scales. Snake Scales are one way of accomplishing limbless locomotion, but they aren't the only way.

The difficulty isn't so much with limbless locomotion, but limbless locomotion that works well on both land and in water.
A dragon breed that cannot thrive on land isn't going to be able to successfully expand across Sornieth into other element clans.

Ah yes, Slow Worms (legless lizards) are very interesting.
Slow Worms are adapted to burrowing and move most effectively by pushing at soil with their head, aided by their stiff bodies. (They also tend to be a bit clumsy compared to say, snakes.) It works for them as a land animal, but doesn't allow for aquatic mobility/stability. They enter water when necessary, but not often by choice.
(Could be an interesting design element for a dragon, but I think Slow Worm anatomy is unfitting for an aquatic dragon specifically. I'd love to see a burrowing Earth Ancient take some inspiration, however!)

Eels traverse land with difficulty by awkwardly flailing/undulating their body around.
That's the kind of "fish out of water" existence I mentioned earlier that would be awkward to lore in many users' waterless clans. X'D

(Interestingly, some species of eel can crawl on land, but they use their pectoral fins to do so.)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Sornieth has flying whales and…whatever a Blushing Tangle is supposed to be, I don’t see why an aquatic snake is an outlandish idea or one that wouldn’t work in a world made of magic
Sornieth has flying whales and…whatever a Blushing Tangle is supposed to be, I don’t see why an aquatic snake is an outlandish idea or one that wouldn’t work in a world made of magic

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10