Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Breed] Leviathans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Hippotang" date="2022-11-19 06:22:02" ] [quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-11-18 13:50:32" ] [quote name="Hippotang" date="2022-11-18 13:02:52" ] With the recent teaser in the new Arlo plot update, I am really hoping (if it's a breed) that it's something like this. I remember this concept every once in a while and just fall in love all over again [/quote] I don't know if they'd give us a diggable breed change. I'm hoping too, but what it would have to mean is that we get something like an obelisk statue, and we can't dig that plot again. [/quote] Why would it [i]have[/i] to mean that? Why would it only be diggable once? Most breeds can be acquired by their respective means at any time, or with relative ease. Bogsneaks can be brewed at Baldwin whenever you please, Nocturnes can be scavenged/found in chests during NotN easily enough that their scrolls are still cheap by this time of the year. Obelisks can still be acquired by the treasure MP, the statue was just an adult G1 reward. They could go this route anyway (a scroll/item found by digging, but then the regular scrolls are still available through the MP), but I don't see how, or why, considering the mechanics of Arlo thus far. Personally, I foresee it as one single, massive plot that takes considerably more time to finish than any plot we've had before. [/quote] I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see them giving a repeatable Obelisk statue that generates G1s. If they do that's great. I just don't think they will because even if it took a ton of effort it would hurt the market for eggs if it was year round. A breed change? Maybe. I actually didn't think about the plot being so huge it would justify it. Bit even so we will have repeatablly obtainable breed change, leading to a very low value scroll unless ot is clanbound. Imo it should be. Bogsneaks are only brewable because it costs treasure. If they had the new plot cost treasure to dig then I can see repeatable Obelisk statues.
Hippotang wrote on 2022-11-19 06:22:02:
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-11-18 13:50:32:
Hippotang wrote on 2022-11-18 13:02:52:
With the recent teaser in the new Arlo plot update, I am really hoping (if it's a breed) that it's something like this. I remember this concept every once in a while and just fall in love all over again

I don't know if they'd give us a diggable breed change. I'm hoping too, but what it would have to mean is that we get something like an obelisk statue, and we can't dig that plot again.

Why would it have to mean that? Why would it only be diggable once? Most breeds can be acquired by their respective means at any time, or with relative ease. Bogsneaks can be brewed at Baldwin whenever you please, Nocturnes can be scavenged/found in chests during NotN easily enough that their scrolls are still cheap by this time of the year. Obelisks can still be acquired by the treasure MP, the statue was just an adult G1 reward. They could go this route anyway (a scroll/item found by digging, but then the regular scrolls are still available through the MP), but I don't see how, or why, considering the mechanics of Arlo thus far.

Personally, I foresee it as one single, massive plot that takes considerably more time to finish than any plot we've had before.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see them giving a repeatable Obelisk statue that generates G1s. If they do that's great. I just don't think they will because even if it took a ton of effort it would hurt the market for eggs if it was year round.

A breed change? Maybe. I actually didn't think about the plot being so huge it would justify it. Bit even so we will have repeatablly obtainable breed change, leading to a very low value scroll unless ot is clanbound. Imo it should be.

Bogsneaks are only brewable because it costs treasure. If they had the new plot cost treasure to dig then I can see repeatable Obelisk statues.
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-11-20 09:31:18" ] [quote name="Hippotang" date="2022-11-19 06:22:02" ] [quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-11-18 13:50:32" ] [quote name="Hippotang" date="2022-11-18 13:02:52" ] With the recent teaser in the new Arlo plot update, I am really hoping (if it's a breed) that it's something like this. I remember this concept every once in a while and just fall in love all over again [/quote] I don't know if they'd give us a diggable breed change. I'm hoping too, but what it would have to mean is that we get something like an obelisk statue, and we can't dig that plot again. [/quote] Why would it [i]have[/i] to mean that? Why would it only be diggable once? Most breeds can be acquired by their respective means at any time, or with relative ease. Bogsneaks can be brewed at Baldwin whenever you please, Nocturnes can be scavenged/found in chests during NotN easily enough that their scrolls are still cheap by this time of the year. Obelisks can still be acquired by the treasure MP, the statue was just an adult G1 reward. They could go this route anyway (a scroll/item found by digging, but then the regular scrolls are still available through the MP), but I don't see how, or why, considering the mechanics of Arlo thus far. Personally, I foresee it as one single, massive plot that takes considerably more time to finish than any plot we've had before. [/quote] I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see them giving a repeatable Obelisk statue that generates G1s. If they do that's great. I just don't think they will because even if it took a ton of effort it would hurt the market for eggs if it was year round. A breed change? Maybe. I actually didn't think about the plot being so huge it would justify it. Bit even so we will have repeatablly obtainable breed change, leading to a very low value scroll unless ot is clanbound. Imo it should be. Bogsneaks are only brewable because it costs treasure. If they had the new plot cost treasure to dig then I can see repeatable Obelisk statues. [/quote] But why does it [i]have[/i] to be high value? What's the point in that? It wouldn't effect the market value of other scrolls in any way. Everyone could get the ones they want and be able to afford it. Arlo plot genes are hovering around 50g right now and that's still something people would have to semi-work for to get. It won't saturate the dragon market any more than other breeds would because there's still supply/demand. Not everyone will want that breed and not everyone will want to dig that plot over and over again. I honestly can't see any harm in having a plot scroll. It would be nice to have something that's easier to achieve, especially for someone out there who may really love the breed or even younger/newer players who struggle to afford the higher priced items. edit: typo
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-11-20 09:31:18:
Hippotang wrote on 2022-11-19 06:22:02:
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-11-18 13:50:32:
Hippotang wrote on 2022-11-18 13:02:52:
With the recent teaser in the new Arlo plot update, I am really hoping (if it's a breed) that it's something like this. I remember this concept every once in a while and just fall in love all over again

I don't know if they'd give us a diggable breed change. I'm hoping too, but what it would have to mean is that we get something like an obelisk statue, and we can't dig that plot again.

Why would it have to mean that? Why would it only be diggable once? Most breeds can be acquired by their respective means at any time, or with relative ease. Bogsneaks can be brewed at Baldwin whenever you please, Nocturnes can be scavenged/found in chests during NotN easily enough that their scrolls are still cheap by this time of the year. Obelisks can still be acquired by the treasure MP, the statue was just an adult G1 reward. They could go this route anyway (a scroll/item found by digging, but then the regular scrolls are still available through the MP), but I don't see how, or why, considering the mechanics of Arlo thus far.

Personally, I foresee it as one single, massive plot that takes considerably more time to finish than any plot we've had before.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see them giving a repeatable Obelisk statue that generates G1s. If they do that's great. I just don't think they will because even if it took a ton of effort it would hurt the market for eggs if it was year round.

A breed change? Maybe. I actually didn't think about the plot being so huge it would justify it. Bit even so we will have repeatablly obtainable breed change, leading to a very low value scroll unless ot is clanbound. Imo it should be.

Bogsneaks are only brewable because it costs treasure. If they had the new plot cost treasure to dig then I can see repeatable Obelisk statues.
But why does it have to be high value? What's the point in that? It wouldn't effect the market value of other scrolls in any way. Everyone could get the ones they want and be able to afford it.

Arlo plot genes are hovering around 50g right now and that's still something people would have to semi-work for to get. It won't saturate the dragon market any more than other breeds would because there's still supply/demand. Not everyone will want that breed and not everyone will want to dig that plot over and over again.

I honestly can't see any harm in having a plot scroll. It would be nice to have something that's easier to achieve, especially for someone out there who may really love the breed or even younger/newer players who struggle to afford the higher priced items.

edit: typo
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
I LOVE THIS THEY ARE THE SKRUNK
I LOVE THIS THEY ARE THE SKRUNK
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
Never been happier to be wrong.

And I don't know why everything has to be high value. I don't. But it is a pattern with this game.
Never been happier to be wrong.

And I don't know why everything has to be high value. I don't. But it is a pattern with this game.
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="LuckOfTheClaws" date="2020-06-30 10:13:58" ] thats just a legless spiral, no support. even if it doesnt die on land it has no way of moving or existing anywhere outside of water flight. [/quote] I disagree, snappers are completely landbound in a similar way, and if these guys have lungs or magic, they could totally survive on land, they'd just be like snakes [img]https://fandomwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/harry-potter-chambers.jpg[/img] Also why need hands when your whole body is a tail lol [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/143/652/52b.jpg[/img]
LuckOfTheClaws wrote on 2020-06-30 10:13:58:
thats just a legless spiral, no support. even if it doesnt die on land it has no way of moving or existing anywhere outside of water flight.
I disagree, snappers are completely landbound in a similar way, and if these guys have lungs or magic, they could totally survive on land, they'd just be like snakes harry-potter-chambers.jpg

Also why need hands when your whole body is a tail lol
52b.jpg
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
why is there such a negative response to this? it's practically an undertide
GJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngSjV5FiU.png65b811e1-da8c-11eb-9d89-9191049c4e24.gifwTBPG5s.png04fc5791-6d59-11eb-9d98-47d353b941e3.gifEBEMlSX.png
[quote name="mudhoney" date="2022-12-05 05:56:50" ] why is there such a negative response to this? it's practically an undertide [/quote] To be fair, most of them are from [i]before[/i] Undertides were released.
mudhoney wrote on 2022-12-05 05:56:50:
To be fair, most of them are from before Undertides were released.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10