Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6
There are many dark things surrounding Sorienth, and I will tell you one of these tales now.

The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows, and one would think that after The Emperors everyone would be wary of The Lightweaver's creations. But surely Pearlcatcher cannot be that bad, right? Not as bad as what becomes of an Imperial if it dies?

Wrong.

It is believed that a Pearlcatcher's pearl is really nothing, just some superstition. The breed themselves teach that it is their soul, and why should anyone trust an outsider. The pearl is sacred, and it must be protected.

If a Pearlcatcher loses their pearl, they begin to die. Their body rots and decays, flesh falls from the bones. But the dragon doesn't die. It rots until it is a skeleton, with little more than a bit of its element where its heart would be. It is a Wight, a creature driven by a need to feed of the magic of others. The only way to kill a Wight it to reunite it with its Pearl, at which point the dragon passes peacefully.

But wait, it gets worse.

Emperors have been known to steal the pearls from defeated Pearlcatchers, swallowing the orbs so that they can raise an army of Wights to serve them. When the pearls dissolve in the stomachs of the Emperor who had stolen them hope is lost for the Wight. They will hunt and feed long after their maker is dead.
There are many dark things surrounding Sorienth, and I will tell you one of these tales now.

The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows, and one would think that after The Emperors everyone would be wary of The Lightweaver's creations. But surely Pearlcatcher cannot be that bad, right? Not as bad as what becomes of an Imperial if it dies?

Wrong.

It is believed that a Pearlcatcher's pearl is really nothing, just some superstition. The breed themselves teach that it is their soul, and why should anyone trust an outsider. The pearl is sacred, and it must be protected.

If a Pearlcatcher loses their pearl, they begin to die. Their body rots and decays, flesh falls from the bones. But the dragon doesn't die. It rots until it is a skeleton, with little more than a bit of its element where its heart would be. It is a Wight, a creature driven by a need to feed of the magic of others. The only way to kill a Wight it to reunite it with its Pearl, at which point the dragon passes peacefully.

But wait, it gets worse.

Emperors have been known to steal the pearls from defeated Pearlcatchers, swallowing the orbs so that they can raise an army of Wights to serve them. When the pearls dissolve in the stomachs of the Emperor who had stolen them hope is lost for the Wight. They will hunt and feed long after their maker is dead.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Just a little horror for everyone to enjoy.
Just a little horror for everyone to enjoy.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
I accept this. This needs to be a thing. I... I want a Wight.
I accept this. This needs to be a thing. I... I want a Wight.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
I approve.
Headcannon accepted.
I approve.
Headcannon accepted.
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
@TheLoad That's really creepy and cool! You should really submit it to that horror story contest that Plague is running for RoR.
@TheLoad That's really creepy and cool! You should really submit it to that horror story contest that Plague is running for RoR.
Na5WGHa.png
@UserOfShadows
@firewyrm2018

We already have Imps making undead uber hydras, so why can't their younger siblings make vampiric rotting skeletons?
@UserOfShadows
@firewyrm2018

We already have Imps making undead uber hydras, so why can't their younger siblings make vampiric rotting skeletons?
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
@tigressRising

I didn't know there was one! I think I will.
@tigressRising

I didn't know there was one! I think I will.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
*GASP* I want a Wight now. D:
Poor Pearlcatchers. D:
*GASP* I want a Wight now. D:
Poor Pearlcatchers. D:
dra4345534gons_scaled_2x_pngcrushed.gifZ2YQgjD.gifdra4345534gons_scaled_2x_pngcrushed.gif
@ShinyTyphlosion

I'm converting everyone to the Wight Side. If I could make skins I would in a heartbeat.
@ShinyTyphlosion

I'm converting everyone to the Wight Side. If I could make skins I would in a heartbeat.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
WOW that's an epic idea. That would make a great idea for a story…
WOW that's an epic idea. That would make a great idea for a story…
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6