Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | TV/Movie Thing That Drives You Crazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Zygon" date="2018-08-29 09:07:09" ] Mostly a sitcom thing, when one character only hears part of a conversation and the rest of the episode revolves around "hilarious hijinks" that could easily be solved by literally two people having a quick conversation using specific names instead of just he/she. [/quote] I hate this so much I swear it tops anything else that I generally hate. Why do I hate it? Because it's so much unnecessary drama and only serves to convince me that at least one person in the relationship is immature/emotionally stunted and shouldn't be in a relationship until they sort their shit out. Like holy shit, you mishear something/not have the context to what's said and you automatically assume the worst of your partner and don't even try to talk to them. Instead, you act like a petulant child and make them 'prove' they love you. Honestly, if I were the other person I'd walk the fuck away after trying to communicate with them because holy shit on a stick I'm not dealing with that. That's abusive shit right there. How not to have a good relationship 101-pull that overly dramatic manipulative BS. Relationships are built on communication and if you're going to be a passive aggressive dipshit that refuses to even talk to the person-who by the way most likely doesn't KNOW why you're angry with them-then fuck you, you deserve to be alone unless you sort your emotionally stunted overly dramatic BS out. It's not cute or funny, it's disgusting and annoying and I hate this damn trope because it's just so damn awful when used and oftentimes the person doing the accusing of their partner can't be assed to apologize once it turns out they were wrong due to assuming.
Zygon wrote on 2018-08-29 09:07:09:

Mostly a sitcom thing, when one character only hears part of a conversation and the rest of the episode revolves around "hilarious hijinks" that could easily be solved by literally two people having a quick conversation using specific names instead of just he/she.

I hate this so much I swear it tops anything else that I generally hate. Why do I hate it? Because it's so much unnecessary drama and only serves to convince me that at least one person in the relationship is immature/emotionally stunted and shouldn't be in a relationship until they sort their **** out.

Like holy ****, you mishear something/not have the context to what's said and you automatically assume the worst of your partner and don't even try to talk to them. Instead, you act like a petulant child and make them 'prove' they love you. Honestly, if I were the other person I'd walk the **** away after trying to communicate with them because holy **** on a stick I'm not dealing with that. That's abusive **** right there.

How not to have a good relationship 101-pull that overly dramatic manipulative BS. Relationships are built on communication and if you're going to be a passive aggressive ******* that refuses to even talk to the person-who by the way most likely doesn't KNOW why you're angry with them-then **** you, you deserve to be alone unless you sort your emotionally stunted overly dramatic BS out. It's not cute or funny, it's disgusting and annoying and I hate this damn trope because it's just so damn awful when used and oftentimes the person doing the accusing of their partner can't be ***** to apologize once it turns out they were wrong due to assuming.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
[quote name="inklizard" date="2018-08-29 09:36:13" ] that noise the sound editors use for kissing makes my skin crawl [/quote] When the main girl or whatever is considered 'ugly' or whatever and she's skinny AF, makeup, gorgeous and just like seriously....like I'm not already self conscious. Or when theyALWAYS have to add a love interest for at least one of the main characters, or they sacrifice everything to be with them. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge romantic but sometimes its just SO STUPID. For example I was watching [i]Stargate[/i] Sunday, and when Jackson stayed behind to revive that girl he literally met the night before instead of trying to open the portal or i dont know hELPING THEM STOP THE FRIGGIN BOMB that will kill every one
inklizard wrote on 2018-08-29 09:36:13:
that noise the sound editors use for kissing makes my skin crawl

When the main girl or whatever is considered 'ugly' or whatever and she's skinny **, makeup, gorgeous and just like seriously....like I'm not already self conscious.

Or when theyALWAYS have to add a love interest for at least one of the main characters, or they sacrifice everything to be with them. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge romantic but sometimes its just SO STUPID. For example I was watching Stargate Sunday, and when Jackson stayed behind to revive that girl he literally met the night before instead of trying to open the portal or i dont know hELPING THEM STOP THE FRIGGIN BOMB that will kill every one
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
@PyroQuill Well in fairness, if they make one of the main characters actually ugly, they risk losing viewers, because let's be honest, most people would rather look at pretty people playing ugly people than actual ugly people.
@PyroQuill Well in fairness, if they make one of the main characters actually ugly, they risk losing viewers, because let's be honest, most people would rather look at pretty people playing ugly people than actual ugly people.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
- Law & Order: SVU episodes are the same thing. I get that it's supposed to be like that but c'mon, atleast do more episodes that stray away from SVU.

- Law & Order: SVU episodes that end on cliffhangers and the subject is never brought up again.

Yeah that's all
- Law & Order: SVU episodes are the same thing. I get that it's supposed to be like that but c'mon, atleast do more episodes that stray away from SVU.

- Law & Order: SVU episodes that end on cliffhangers and the subject is never brought up again.

Yeah that's all
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
@Greyjoy Or security footage that happens to catch the clock. (facepalm)

@lamarqueisdead Or leave the room or take two steps away or really anything. LOL

@ashotinthedark I never see the angry version you seem to be referring to, just the stupid-silly version where someone thinks they're pregnant or getting a huge gift or something just because they overheard a conversation. (eye roll)

@Capricom Actually, all the L&Os have done that and I hate it with a passion!

Main character: If we can pull off [twist], then [criminal] will get [severe sentence].
Me: (looks at the time, realizes the hour's over and we'll never find out about the twist) GRR!
@Greyjoy Or security footage that happens to catch the clock. (facepalm)

@lamarqueisdead Or leave the room or take two steps away or really anything. LOL

@ashotinthedark I never see the angry version you seem to be referring to, just the stupid-silly version where someone thinks they're pregnant or getting a huge gift or something just because they overheard a conversation. (eye roll)

@Capricom Actually, all the L&Os have done that and I hate it with a passion!

Main character: If we can pull off [twist], then [criminal] will get [severe sentence].
Me: (looks at the time, realizes the hour's over and we'll never find out about the twist) GRR!
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
@Hanakoto

Hey protagonists, did you know: Knocking someone fifty feet across the room into a wall does not always kill them! Make sure you go back and check and finish the job!
@Hanakoto

Hey protagonists, did you know: Knocking someone fifty feet across the room into a wall does not always kill them! Make sure you go back and check and finish the job!
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Poorly made Character Twists aka 'the dude that looks nice at the start but is the dark villain of the story'. The new Disney ones,to be more exact.
There's always some kind of Character Twist in the movies. Like in Frozen,the prince dude is portrayed at first as a chil dude,but there was like..no actual indication that he was sum evil dood,like..AT ALL,not even a small evil smirk like "hmhrmghhrm i can't wait to kill that girl". He just becomes evil from all the sudden,making it look like he came back as a different character straight from 'Rent-a-villain'.No actual personality and character structure,at all.
Poorly made Character Twists aka 'the dude that looks nice at the start but is the dark villain of the story'. The new Disney ones,to be more exact.
There's always some kind of Character Twist in the movies. Like in Frozen,the prince dude is portrayed at first as a chil dude,but there was like..no actual indication that he was sum evil dood,like..AT ALL,not even a small evil smirk like "hmhrmghhrm i can't wait to kill that girl". He just becomes evil from all the sudden,making it look like he came back as a different character straight from 'Rent-a-villain'.No actual personality and character structure,at all.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
Corrupt law enforcement, mainly police. I if it's a whole dystopia type of thing, but if they're jerks for no good reason, then that's horrid. I think it's disgusting how cartoons these days portray police has huge and idiotic bullies instead of the people who protect us. It wouldn't kill you to portray them in a positive light for once you know!

Also, when you make an "adventures in babysitting" type of episode, you don't always have to have the police get involved and be horrible towards the protagonists! *Shoots a death glare at Mighty Magiswords*
Corrupt law enforcement, mainly police. I if it's a whole dystopia type of thing, but if they're jerks for no good reason, then that's horrid. I think it's disgusting how cartoons these days portray police has huge and idiotic bullies instead of the people who protect us. It wouldn't kill you to portray them in a positive light for once you know!

Also, when you make an "adventures in babysitting" type of episode, you don't always have to have the police get involved and be horrible towards the protagonists! *Shoots a death glare at Mighty Magiswords*
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
@buggy101 I haven't seen that on television so much lately, but the series of books I'm reading had a few crooked cops--including one that did it with a succubus that his friends had imprisoned!

I know what you mean by needing fairer depiction, though...I have a friend who is...yeah, I'd venture to say he's a cop-hater and it grates on me after while.
@buggy101 I haven't seen that on television so much lately, but the series of books I'm reading had a few crooked cops--including one that did it with a succubus that his friends had imprisoned!

I know what you mean by needing fairer depiction, though...I have a friend who is...yeah, I'd venture to say he's a cop-hater and it grates on me after while.
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
@buggy101 I don't watch cartoons hardly ever anymore.

Oh yeah...let the bigger fish go so they can get the smaller fish; then we get treated to the bigger fish smirking at the protag and being like, "See? Told you you can't catch me!" GRR!

I'm reading fantasy now, so I'm dealing with mysterious characters that appear only at the beginning and end of books because they're part of a longer arc; or--worse--characters that won't stay dead, no matter how much hurt you put on them.
@buggy101 I don't watch cartoons hardly ever anymore.

Oh yeah...let the bigger fish go so they can get the smaller fish; then we get treated to the bigger fish smirking at the protag and being like, "See? Told you you can't catch me!" GRR!

I'm reading fantasy now, so I'm dealing with mysterious characters that appear only at the beginning and end of books because they're part of a longer arc; or--worse--characters that won't stay dead, no matter how much hurt you put on them.
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9