Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | TV/Movie Thing That Drives You Crazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
When a character notices something important, tries to convince the others of what they saw/heard, but everyone is just like "oh you just imagined it"...and the character is like "You're totes right! Just my imagination"!
When a character notices something important, tries to convince the others of what they saw/heard, but everyone is just like "oh you just imagined it"...and the character is like "You're totes right! Just my imagination"!
tB85F7R.png
I hate it when they use overused stock sound-effects. It just makes it feel silly 'cause I've heard that sound so many times before.
I hate it when they use overused stock sound-effects. It just makes it feel silly 'cause I've heard that sound so many times before.
cFdHcSd.gif
first aid in movies and tv is bad first aid

five chest compressions + yelling DONT DIE ON ME + crying hysterically does not equal good CPR

do not attempt to move a victim if they are badly injured unless you have proper bracing equipment, do you WANT to give them all full-body paralysis, carrying them around like that?

leave the knife/arrow/bullet IN the body until you get to a hospital, the knife/arrow/bullet is keeping that wound from turning into a blood fountain

if someone is choking you do back blows first THEN the heimlich

water breaking does not always mean the baby is coming within five minutes

first aid in movies and tv is bad first aid

five chest compressions + yelling DONT DIE ON ME + crying hysterically does not equal good CPR

do not attempt to move a victim if they are badly injured unless you have proper bracing equipment, do you WANT to give them all full-body paralysis, carrying them around like that?

leave the knife/arrow/bullet IN the body until you get to a hospital, the knife/arrow/bullet is keeping that wound from turning into a blood fountain

if someone is choking you do back blows first THEN the heimlich

water breaking does not always mean the baby is coming within five minutes

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
"x villain did y because they can't help it. They were mentally ill."
Me: *throws a book at the directors*

DISEASES PROGRESSING AT THE SPEED OF MAXIMUM DRAMATIC TENSION
A.k.a diseases/curse/zombie bite that doesn't visibly progress during story but progresses in a blink of an eye when the situation gets tense.

Game thing:
If you have multiple romance candidates, don't push a particular one onto the players.

Action girls who turn into snowflakes the moment they meet a boy.

Killing to prove a point. HELLO, NO NEED TO GRISLY KILL THE NICE GIRL JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO PROVE THAT YOUR SHOW IS GRIMDARK (TM)

"x villain did y because they can't help it. They were mentally ill."
Me: *throws a book at the directors*

DISEASES PROGRESSING AT THE SPEED OF MAXIMUM DRAMATIC TENSION
A.k.a diseases/curse/zombie bite that doesn't visibly progress during story but progresses in a blink of an eye when the situation gets tense.

Game thing:
If you have multiple romance candidates, don't push a particular one onto the players.

Action girls who turn into snowflakes the moment they meet a boy.

Killing to prove a point. HELLO, NO NEED TO GRISLY KILL THE NICE GIRL JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO PROVE THAT YOUR SHOW IS GRIMDARK (TM)

I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
Any time they get things wrong about the occult and/or symbols of evil.

like st. peter's cross. it's not satanic at ALL. so it really bugs me when movies/television use them lmao.

and things like inaccurately depicting usage of an ouija board, and oh my GOD, when shows mention a suspect having the satanic bible,, like yall,,,, thats leveyan satanism,,,, its legit just atheistic neckbeards lmao chill do some research oml
Any time they get things wrong about the occult and/or symbols of evil.

like st. peter's cross. it's not satanic at ALL. so it really bugs me when movies/television use them lmao.

and things like inaccurately depicting usage of an ouija board, and oh my GOD, when shows mention a suspect having the satanic bible,, like yall,,,, thats leveyan satanism,,,, its legit just atheistic neckbeards lmao chill do some research oml
I || E A T || H U M A N || T E E T H
wolf_skull_icon__free_to_use__by_akumiirako-dbl6hi8.png
@interitus

ouija boards depicted as cult objects in fiction bewilders me because the thing's original and continued intent is as a party game

it is not an object of great evil power. it is a slumber party diversion. it utilizes the subtle muscle movements of the hands touching the thingy to make it look like spooky ghosts are haunting the room. the concept of a ouija board is trademarked by the same company that owns my little pony and transformers. there is a girl's version that is pink and is covered in flowers.

ouija board, in the end, is about as satanic as candyland.
@interitus

ouija boards depicted as cult objects in fiction bewilders me because the thing's original and continued intent is as a party game

it is not an object of great evil power. it is a slumber party diversion. it utilizes the subtle muscle movements of the hands touching the thingy to make it look like spooky ghosts are haunting the room. the concept of a ouija board is trademarked by the same company that owns my little pony and transformers. there is a girl's version that is pink and is covered in flowers.

ouija board, in the end, is about as satanic as candyland.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
When a detective sits down at a suspect's computer, sees a picture of something (e.g. their pet) nearby, and is able to guess their password. This kills shows for me, I cannot get past it. Like my passwords are all long, semi random, and contain special characters. Spell my cat's name backwards all day long, you'll still never get near my data. But apparently everyone in detective TV shows is smart enough to embezzle the money, but dumb enough to use their kid's name as a password and have a framed photo of the kid as the only decor in the office.
When a detective sits down at a suspect's computer, sees a picture of something (e.g. their pet) nearby, and is able to guess their password. This kills shows for me, I cannot get past it. Like my passwords are all long, semi random, and contain special characters. Spell my cat's name backwards all day long, you'll still never get near my data. But apparently everyone in detective TV shows is smart enough to embezzle the money, but dumb enough to use their kid's name as a password and have a framed photo of the kid as the only decor in the office.
oh.
Female characters always seem to fight using magic/ranged weapons.
Female characters always seem to fight using magic/ranged weapons.
talVTRC.pngPVLY9UN.pngDHJ7JWN.png
When a character just has to get one last word in before they pull the trigger, which inevitably leads to them getting shot instead.

It irks me SO MUCH when the hero has their gun trained on the villain's head, but they have to say something cheesy or annoying before they shoot, and then somebody comes up behind them before they can pull the trigger and hits them over the head with a well-earned baseball bat to the temple.

In real life, if I had the chance to kill the villain, I'd just do it. It's not like the person I'm shooting is gonna remember what I said to them, they're DEAD.
When a character just has to get one last word in before they pull the trigger, which inevitably leads to them getting shot instead.

It irks me SO MUCH when the hero has their gun trained on the villain's head, but they have to say something cheesy or annoying before they shoot, and then somebody comes up behind them before they can pull the trigger and hits them over the head with a well-earned baseball bat to the temple.

In real life, if I had the chance to kill the villain, I'd just do it. It's not like the person I'm shooting is gonna remember what I said to them, they're DEAD.
T | It | ASD
Maker of fine graves
[quote name="lamarqueisdead" date="2018-09-27 20:35:31" ] five chest compressions + yelling DONT DIE ON ME + crying hysterically does not equal good CPR [/quote] Don't forget: Person A: *Is unconscious at the end of climax for some reason.* Person B (usually protagonist): No! You can't be dead! Person A: *Magically wakes up*
lamarqueisdead wrote on 2018-09-27 20:35:31:
Don't forget:
Person A: *Is unconscious at the end of climax for some reason.*
Person B (usually protagonist): No! You can't be dead!
Person A: *Magically wakes up*
m59NfS2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9