Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | TV/Movie Thing That Drives You Crazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
tbh i tend to dislike a lot of tropes unless they're being used to make fun of themselves (ASOUE).
but i hate hate HATE when they portray the FBI or any other political figure as a jerk who only cares about his position and refuses to listen to the people.
tbh i tend to dislike a lot of tropes unless they're being used to make fun of themselves (ASOUE).
but i hate hate HATE when they portray the FBI or any other political figure as a jerk who only cares about his position and refuses to listen to the people.
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
Here's another thing I hate that although related to a theory, is still centered around a TV show:

When people say Lincoln Loud from The Loud House is adopted because his hair is white, and his parent's hair are brown and blonde.

Like, have you heard of a thing called... HAIR DYE?
Here's another thing I hate that although related to a theory, is still centered around a TV show:

When people say Lincoln Loud from The Loud House is adopted because his hair is white, and his parent's hair are brown and blonde.

Like, have you heard of a thing called... HAIR DYE?
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
All those high schools where the teenagers look like adults. There's no amount of environmental contamination that can be going on to justify all the premature aging.
All those high schools where the teenagers look like adults. There's no amount of environmental contamination that can be going on to justify all the premature aging.
qDavPTk.png
When two characters ((usually male and female)) who are romantically involved get into an argument and one ((usually the guy, sorry.)) shuts the other up with a kiss and suddenly they're perfectly fine.

Randomly pairing to characters who have hardly ever spoken and have never flirted/ever hinted that one likes the other.

Characters who are super fit and thin who complain that they are fat or out of shape.
When two characters ((usually male and female)) who are romantically involved get into an argument and one ((usually the guy, sorry.)) shuts the other up with a kiss and suddenly they're perfectly fine.

Randomly pairing to characters who have hardly ever spoken and have never flirted/ever hinted that one likes the other.

Characters who are super fit and thin who complain that they are fat or out of shape.
@Capricom That would drive me bats if I was a fan of that show!

@Briton They probably want 20-somethings so they don't have to have tutoring breaks (among other things).

I'm sure you already know these, but when Chamber of Secrets came out, the guy that played Tom Riddle was already twenty-four and (this is much worse), the woman that played Moaning Myrtle was thirty-seven.

@Flamestar03 Some people have started comparing the kiss thing to harassment/assault, and while I never previously thought of it that way, now I can't disagree...

(Even it wasn't, no one kisses THAT WELL! LOL)
@Capricom That would drive me bats if I was a fan of that show!

@Briton They probably want 20-somethings so they don't have to have tutoring breaks (among other things).

I'm sure you already know these, but when Chamber of Secrets came out, the guy that played Tom Riddle was already twenty-four and (this is much worse), the woman that played Moaning Myrtle was thirty-seven.

@Flamestar03 Some people have started comparing the kiss thing to harassment/assault, and while I never previously thought of it that way, now I can't disagree...

(Even it wasn't, no one kisses THAT WELL! LOL)
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
@Hanakoto Which are just more reasons why the books are better than those movies.
@Hanakoto Which are just more reasons why the books are better than those movies.
qDavPTk.png
Contradictory/nonsensical twists that happen really fast. Like, if the entire show is based off one thing being true, then you say its not as a big plot twist, sure. Not a big fan of that, but sure. But if you go back and forth on whether it's true or not...what? You can't say 'his brother is a cat' then eventually end up on 'his brother is actually the main antagonist who's actually not dead and was the protagonist the whole time' in five episodes?! And on character redemption too; stop going back and forth multiple times between sides randomly! Choose something! Don't help the protagonists one week and attack them the next unless it makes sense!

And nonsensical twists...twists that just don't make sense aren't good, but those twists that look perfectly fine until you apply some common sense/logic? Why?!

And time skips where a lot of important stuff happened in between...show it to us don't just say 'it happened' if it was IMPORTANT!

...I probably explained this badly, but it just...bothers me...
Contradictory/nonsensical twists that happen really fast. Like, if the entire show is based off one thing being true, then you say its not as a big plot twist, sure. Not a big fan of that, but sure. But if you go back and forth on whether it's true or not...what? You can't say 'his brother is a cat' then eventually end up on 'his brother is actually the main antagonist who's actually not dead and was the protagonist the whole time' in five episodes?! And on character redemption too; stop going back and forth multiple times between sides randomly! Choose something! Don't help the protagonists one week and attack them the next unless it makes sense!

And nonsensical twists...twists that just don't make sense aren't good, but those twists that look perfectly fine until you apply some common sense/logic? Why?!

And time skips where a lot of important stuff happened in between...show it to us don't just say 'it happened' if it was IMPORTANT!

...I probably explained this badly, but it just...bothers me...
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
@gazehound Almost literally every time a cat is around. SERIOUSLY?!

Just because there's a cat in the scene doesn't mean they always need to sound like someone stepped on their tail! x_x
@gazehound Almost literally every time a cat is around. SERIOUSLY?!

Just because there's a cat in the scene doesn't mean they always need to sound like someone stepped on their tail! x_x
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
Fights in movies and TV always take way longer than they should. There's too much dang twirling and flamboyant kicking and wild missed punches.

If your hero is really trained in combat, he would know some very effective ways to incapacitate or kill an enemy that takes three seconds rather than three minutes.

Fights in movies and TV always take way longer than they should. There's too much dang twirling and flamboyant kicking and wild missed punches.

If your hero is really trained in combat, he would know some very effective ways to incapacitate or kill an enemy that takes three seconds rather than three minutes.

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@lamarqueisdead Is it worse to do that, or to not be able to write fights at all, like me?
@lamarqueisdead Is it worse to do that, or to not be able to write fights at all, like me?
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9