Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | TV/Movie Thing That Drives You Crazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Could be something that someone has said or done in so many movies/shows that you've started rolling your eyes every time you hear it.

NEW! The thing could be from books, too...I just didn't have enough space in the topic line.

The phrase that made me want to start this thread: I will end you!

Maybe it would be a more effective threat if...
  1. ...it wasn't almost always used by law enforcement, meaning the "ending" is just prison
  2. ...the second most frequent user was the criminal you know is going to end up in prison by the end of the show/movie, so the recipient of the threat is in zero danger

(facepalm)

Another one that was just brought up: "[Villain] is a prominent [career] with ties to the community."

And that will stop them from running and/or committing more crimes?
Could be something that someone has said or done in so many movies/shows that you've started rolling your eyes every time you hear it.

NEW! The thing could be from books, too...I just didn't have enough space in the topic line.

The phrase that made me want to start this thread: I will end you!

Maybe it would be a more effective threat if...
  1. ...it wasn't almost always used by law enforcement, meaning the "ending" is just prison
  2. ...the second most frequent user was the criminal you know is going to end up in prison by the end of the show/movie, so the recipient of the threat is in zero danger

(facepalm)

Another one that was just brought up: "[Villain] is a prominent [career] with ties to the community."

And that will stop them from running and/or committing more crimes?
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
"I can't dance." -Proceeds to dance effortlessly ten seconds after love interest encourages them to-

This bothers me so much. Sometimes, when someone says they can't dance, it's not because they lack confidence. It's because they can't dance.
"I can't dance." -Proceeds to dance effortlessly ten seconds after love interest encourages them to-

This bothers me so much. Sometimes, when someone says they can't dance, it's not because they lack confidence. It's because they can't dance.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
@Mistleaf Oh yeah, forcing someone to do something they don't want to is incredibly attractive. (eye roll)
@Mistleaf Oh yeah, forcing someone to do something they don't want to is incredibly attractive. (eye roll)
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
OOh, yea, a thread just to complain about these things.

1. "I'll always be with you....in here." *gently touches chest* *dies*
2. Mostly a sitcom thing, when one character only hears part of a conversation and the rest of the episode revolves around "hilarious hijinks" that could easily be solved by literally two people having a quick conversation using specific names instead of just he/she.
3. Hacker 1: "I can't break through their firewall!" Hacker 2: "Have your tried [insert completely meaningless jargon]?" Hacker 1: "I'm in!"
4. Especially in action movies, two people with 0 personality having a one night stand because they are both conventionally attractive and apparently can't keep it in their pants for like a week.
OOh, yea, a thread just to complain about these things.

1. "I'll always be with you....in here." *gently touches chest* *dies*
2. Mostly a sitcom thing, when one character only hears part of a conversation and the rest of the episode revolves around "hilarious hijinks" that could easily be solved by literally two people having a quick conversation using specific names instead of just he/she.
3. Hacker 1: "I can't break through their firewall!" Hacker 2: "Have your tried [insert completely meaningless jargon]?" Hacker 1: "I'm in!"
4. Especially in action movies, two people with 0 personality having a one night stand because they are both conventionally attractive and apparently can't keep it in their pants for like a week.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

High pitched/annoying voices.
High pitched/annoying voices.
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
@Zygon Your first example is so cheesy! I don't see that a lot, but the second one...GRR! (Or a variation that involves an item instead of a person.)

I don't know how many times I've yelled at the telly, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST BE MORE SPECIFIC?!"
@Zygon Your first example is so cheesy! I don't see that a lot, but the second one...GRR! (Or a variation that involves an item instead of a person.)

I don't know how many times I've yelled at the telly, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST BE MORE SPECIFIC?!"
waCd6Af.gif0YZijdT.gif
I really hate in a certain subset of crime shows... that they manage to ascertain the PRECISE time of a victim's death because the room's clock, or the victim's wristwatch, happens to have been broken at that moment.

How delicate are these timepieces, for goodness sake.

I know a lot of detective shows and procedurals aren't particularly realistic, but that's something I simply can't suspend my disbelief about.
I really hate in a certain subset of crime shows... that they manage to ascertain the PRECISE time of a victim's death because the room's clock, or the victim's wristwatch, happens to have been broken at that moment.

How delicate are these timepieces, for goodness sake.

I know a lot of detective shows and procedurals aren't particularly realistic, but that's something I simply can't suspend my disbelief about.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
that noise the sound editors use for kissing makes my skin crawl
that noise the sound editors use for kissing makes my skin crawl
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
*clears throat*

CHECK
TO MAKE SURE
THAT THE VILLAIN
IS DEAD
BEFORE YOU TURN
AND ADDRESS YOUR LOVED ONE
CUZ THE VILLAIN
IS NEVER DEAD
CUZ THEN THEY COME BACK
AND MURDER YOU
THIS HAS BEEN
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
*clears throat*

CHECK
TO MAKE SURE
THAT THE VILLAIN
IS DEAD
BEFORE YOU TURN
AND ADDRESS YOUR LOVED ONE
CUZ THE VILLAIN
IS NEVER DEAD
CUZ THEN THEY COME BACK
AND MURDER YOU
THIS HAS BEEN
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Deus ex-machinas. One or two in a series is alright in my opinion, but any more than that is just excessive.
Deus ex-machinas. One or two in a series is alright in my opinion, but any more than that is just excessive.
AqaqXxe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9