Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened to scattersight vial value
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote]but has some new update ruined it now and that point will never come? And if so, where do I direct the crusade?[/quote] Good luck with that. Having multiple types of eyes, but not giving players much control over them, was hugely unpopular. A LOT of players hated the way eye options were randomized, so that their favorite dragons and special projects could basically never have the eyes they wanted. As a retired, single-use item with a random effect, scattersights just weren't good enough to meet the demand. So while you are free to rage against the advent of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/market/treasure/specialty]buyable eye vials[/url], and a few players who valued eyes for their rarity might join you, I don't think you'll win over public opinion. I doubt the eye vials will ever be rolled back.
Quote:
but has some new update ruined it now and that point will never come? And if so, where do I direct the crusade?

Good luck with that. Having multiple types of eyes, but not giving players much control over them, was hugely unpopular. A LOT of players hated the way eye options were randomized, so that their favorite dragons and special projects could basically never have the eyes they wanted. As a retired, single-use item with a random effect, scattersights just weren't good enough to meet the demand.

So while you are free to rage against the advent of buyable eye vials, and a few players who valued eyes for their rarity might join you, I don't think you'll win over public opinion. I doubt the eye vials will ever be rolled back.
cDDSaqc.png
Eyepocalypse 2.0 happened back in May by introducing eye vials and destroyed their value.
Eyepocalypse 2.0 happened back in May by introducing eye vials and destroyed their value.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Oh, no, honey, I’m sorry… XD welcome to the new age
Oh, no, honey, I’m sorry… XD welcome to the new age
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
I was wondering this too. xD (Was off on a year hiatus.)
I was wondering this too. xD (Was off on a year hiatus.)
Wait... there are vials for EVERY eye type now?!
Including Primal and Multigaze and whatnot??
What the hell were they thinking. Didn't they ride on about the point that these should stay rare and only be obtainable on old dragons via the randomization of scattervials??
This feels like such a betrayal.
What the hell were they thinking. Didn't they ride on about the point that these should stay rare and only be obtainable on old dragons via the randomization of scattervials??
5LqH0sj.png
[quote name="Pteranodon" date="2022-01-04 07:01:25" ] Wait... there are vials for EVERY eye type now?! Including Primal and Multigaze and whatnot?? What the hell were they thinking. Didn't they ride on about the point that these should stay rare and only be obtainable on old dragons via the randomization of scattervials?? This feels like such a betrayal. [/quote] The vials were a very needed update to correct a mistake they never should have done to begin with. As in, making it a 3 day limited event with no heads up and thus throwing the site into chaos/stress, also changing the common eye colour without warning and no option to remove MG/Primal for those who don't like it or can't look at it at first. Eyes were a great idea but terribly executed at first. Sure it sucks losing out on money but me earning money at the expense of both my own and other people's progens/oldies/otherwise special dragons actually being able to become "perfect" (to the owner of said dragon) is kind of....mm yeah no. I have 5 scattervials in my vault still, they serve as a form of legacy item now. Eventually they will diminish in quantities and become a collector's item probably so no point in not holding onto them :p
Pteranodon wrote on 2022-01-04 07:01:25:
The vials were a very needed update to correct a mistake they never should have done to begin with.
As in, making it a 3 day limited event with no heads up and thus throwing the site into chaos/stress, also changing the common eye colour without warning and no option to remove MG/Primal for those who don't like it or can't look at it at first. Eyes were a great idea but terribly executed at first.

Sure it sucks losing out on money but me earning money at the expense of both my own and other people's progens/oldies/otherwise special dragons actually being able to become "perfect" (to the owner of said dragon) is kind of....mm yeah no.

I have 5 scattervials in my vault still, they serve as a form of legacy item now. Eventually they will diminish in quantities and become a collector's item probably so no point in not holding onto them :p
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
Eh, I was on hiatus during the eyepocalypse and I'm glad I was. Making eyes locked to breeding was an incredibly stupid idea when everything else about breeding can either be changed or easily bred for (genes can be bought, colours can be narrowed down, elements can be controlled through nest rentals or switching flights, sex is only a 50-50 odds, so on). People did the math, and some of the eye types had absolutely abysmal odds in breeding and in scattersights (which were consumable and retired. A very strange choice to make a consumable item, one that would be sought after, retired). I understand those who were banking on attaining value feeling betrayed, but they never should have made eyes locked in the first place, and I think going back on their crazy idea is the best thing they could have done.

Take the time to feel your emotions, they're still valid. But, ultimately, the staff made the right choice. They made it exceptionally late, but hey... better late than never to make changes, right? *looks at the Flair fiasco*
Eh, I was on hiatus during the eyepocalypse and I'm glad I was. Making eyes locked to breeding was an incredibly stupid idea when everything else about breeding can either be changed or easily bred for (genes can be bought, colours can be narrowed down, elements can be controlled through nest rentals or switching flights, sex is only a 50-50 odds, so on). People did the math, and some of the eye types had absolutely abysmal odds in breeding and in scattersights (which were consumable and retired. A very strange choice to make a consumable item, one that would be sought after, retired). I understand those who were banking on attaining value feeling betrayed, but they never should have made eyes locked in the first place, and I think going back on their crazy idea is the best thing they could have done.

Take the time to feel your emotions, they're still valid. But, ultimately, the staff made the right choice. They made it exceptionally late, but hey... better late than never to make changes, right? *looks at the Flair fiasco*
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
@Tune
At the "expense" of them??? As if I was the one to decide how things worked. I'm not to blame for the negative effect on peoples' projects, am I, now?? I was playing the game, like everybody else.

Sure, I hated the common eye colour change as well and was very vocal about that. Eventually got used to it.

But they should've at least stuck with their mistake in order to not hurt BOTH sides (people who wanted projects with rare eyes and people who invested in scattersights) instead of just one.
Or, even better, compensate those who still had scattersights with the monetary value they had gotten up to, THEN update things. I would have zero problem with that.

I don't disagree with the fact that eye types should've been free of randomness in the first place. I'm just very upset with the way they added it years later, screwing over everybody who had relied on the scattervials as an investment.
@Tune
At the "expense" of them??? As if I was the one to decide how things worked. I'm not to blame for the negative effect on peoples' projects, am I, now?? I was playing the game, like everybody else.

Sure, I hated the common eye colour change as well and was very vocal about that. Eventually got used to it.

But they should've at least stuck with their mistake in order to not hurt BOTH sides (people who wanted projects with rare eyes and people who invested in scattersights) instead of just one.
Or, even better, compensate those who still had scattersights with the monetary value they had gotten up to, THEN update things. I would have zero problem with that.

I don't disagree with the fact that eye types should've been free of randomness in the first place. I'm just very upset with the way they added it years later, screwing over everybody who had relied on the scattervials as an investment.
5LqH0sj.png
[quote name="Hippotang" date="2022-01-04 07:15:11" ] Eh, I was on hiatus during the eyepocalypse and I'm glad I was. Making eyes locked to breeding was an incredibly stupid idea when everything else about breeding can either be changed or easily bred for (genes can be bought, colours can be narrowed down, elements can be controlled through nest rentals or switching flights, sex is only a 50-50 odds, so on). People did the math, and some of the eye types had absolutely abysmal odds in breeding and in scattersights (which were consumable and retired. A very strange choice to make a consumable item, one that would be sought after, retired). I understand those who were banking on attaining value feeling betrayed, but they never should have made eyes locked in the first place, and I think going back on their crazy idea is the best thing they could have done. Take the time to feel your emotions, they're still valid. But, ultimately, the staff made the right choice. They made it exceptionally late, but hey... better late than never to make changes, right? *looks at the Flair fiasco* [/quote] @Hippotang I liked the way that eyes added an extra layer of uniqueness to dragons that couldn't just be applied the way genes could. Made a primal something special, a project, rather than a cosmetic change you could apply to any dragon if you shelled out the treasure. I remember being so excited to get my first primal. It was like a new kind of G1, in the sense that it was something you couldn't control through breeding. Something unique. All that is lost now. Why should I go through the trouble of gening a decently-coloured natural-born primal if I can just find the perfect dragon and buy it primal eyes? Discounts them so much. There was something truly special about them, and now it's just a gene subject to money like any other. The best thing they could've done is gone back on that idea (if apparently everybody wanted them to; I defer to consensus) without betraying the people who had spent much time and effort to try and invest in the future; and did so in a time period that was after festival items really got that expensive anymore, making that sort of way to make money pretty much locked to them. The scattersights were an opportunity to be there for something that would be valuable later, like those early players had the privilege to be. And then it was just ripped away from us with zero warning or compensation. Because we made the wise choice and held onto them instead of selling when they first got decently expensive, we lost pretty much all the value they could've given. That's not the kind of reward patience should be given.
Hippotang wrote on 2022-01-04 07:15:11:

@Hippotang
I liked the way that eyes added an extra layer of uniqueness to dragons that couldn't just be applied the way genes could. Made a primal something special, a project, rather than a cosmetic change you could apply to any dragon if you shelled out the treasure.
I remember being so excited to get my first primal. It was like a new kind of G1, in the sense that it was something you couldn't control through breeding. Something unique.

All that is lost now. Why should I go through the trouble of gening a decently-coloured natural-born primal if I can just find the perfect dragon and buy it primal eyes? Discounts them so much. There was something truly special about them, and now it's just a gene subject to money like any other.

The best thing they could've done is gone back on that idea (if apparently everybody wanted them to; I defer to consensus) without betraying the people who had spent much time and effort to try and invest in the future; and did so in a time period that was after festival items really got that expensive anymore, making that sort of way to make money pretty much locked to them. The scattersights were an opportunity to be there for something that would be valuable later, like those early players had the privilege to be. And then it was just ripped away from us with zero warning or compensation. Because we made the wise choice and held onto them instead of selling when they first got decently expensive, we lost pretty much all the value they could've given. That's not the kind of reward patience should be given.
5LqH0sj.png
I know how you feel, I have 20 useless scattersights sitting in my vault that I was saving as an investment (I did have 80 or so but thankfully sold most of them over the years). I saw on the forums that one person had invested hundreds of thousands of gems into scattersights. O_O

I just wasn't expecting them to bring out vials for the different eye types as they said they wouldn't. It does sting knowing that I could have gotten 16k or so gems from the vials (they were at 800 gems at one point).

BUT...I do like being able to put any eye type on any dragon and consider it a great update overall, it just came a bit too late. :x
I know how you feel, I have 20 useless scattersights sitting in my vault that I was saving as an investment (I did have 80 or so but thankfully sold most of them over the years). I saw on the forums that one person had invested hundreds of thousands of gems into scattersights. O_O

I just wasn't expecting them to bring out vials for the different eye types as they said they wouldn't. It does sting knowing that I could have gotten 16k or so gems from the vials (they were at 800 gems at one point).

BUT...I do like being able to put any eye type on any dragon and consider it a great update overall, it just came a bit too late. :x
1 2 3 4 5 6 7