Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened to scattersight vial value
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-01-04 08:28:11" ] [quote name="Pteranodon" date="2022-01-04 08:15:08" ]Not here. Not in this situation. Not when this was, for all anybody could predict, as safe an investment as light sprites. If the devs added those to the marketplace tomorrow, wouldn't you be upset as well? Wouldn't you feel betrayed?[/quote] Actually, I’d be really happy, since I don’t have one and could finally get one [emoji=fae tongue size=1] [quote]Of course it was a needed change that fixed eye type access... but that doesn't mean we should've lost on something they promised us would retain its value. They should've given us some kind of compensation.[/quote] Why? We didn’t lose anything. We still have the Scattersights, and the Scattersights still have a function. The inability to make a massive profit is not the same as a loss. [/quote] This is pretty much my thoughts, even as someone who’s saving up to possibly buy some sprites. I’d rather everyone get the chance to get what they want - I’m able to make a lot of treasure and gems since I can grind in the coli for extended times but for many reasons not everyone can do that. Plus, the vials are still expensive and can only be considered cheap with respect to the scatter vials value before the update. All investments are a risk.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-01-04 08:28:11:
Pteranodon wrote on 2022-01-04 08:15:08:
Not here. Not in this situation. Not when this was, for all anybody could predict, as safe an investment as light sprites. If the devs added those to the marketplace tomorrow, wouldn't you be upset as well? Wouldn't you feel betrayed?

Actually, I’d be really happy, since I don’t have one and could finally get one
Quote:
Of course it was a needed change that fixed eye type access... but that doesn't mean we should've lost on something they promised us would retain its value. They should've given us some kind of compensation.

Why? We didn’t lose anything. We still have the Scattersights, and the Scattersights still have a function.

The inability to make a massive profit is not the same as a loss.

This is pretty much my thoughts, even as someone who’s saving up to possibly buy some sprites. I’d rather everyone get the chance to get what they want - I’m able to make a lot of treasure and gems since I can grind in the coli for extended times but for many reasons not everyone can do that. Plus, the vials are still expensive and can only be considered cheap with respect to the scatter vials value before the update. All investments are a risk.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
An eyepocalypse post,,, in this unholy year of 2022.

This is like watching a Victorian person react to an iPhone lmao.

WITCHERY??? WIDLEY ACCEPTED IN GOD’S YEAR OF 2022??? WHAT DEGENERACY WILL SOCIETY COME TOO, THAT WE ENTRAP SPIRITS IN TINY METAL RECTANGLES???
An eyepocalypse post,,, in this unholy year of 2022.

This is like watching a Victorian person react to an iPhone lmao.

WITCHERY??? WIDLEY ACCEPTED IN GOD’S YEAR OF 2022??? WHAT DEGENERACY WILL SOCIETY COME TOO, THAT WE ENTRAP SPIRITS IN TINY METAL RECTANGLES???
Oh dear god what is happening in this thread.
Oh dear god what is happening in this thread.
I'm sorry that the new eye vial change has had a negative impact on you, but there's no way any 'movement' to get the change reversed is going to hold any water.

For one, we've had the vials for, what, 8 or so months now? The 'damage' is done. For another, the vast majority of people, myself included, enjoy and have embraced the vials. Scattersights were fun, but their value was spiralling out of control.

I don't remember exactly how high they got but the last time I looked at them before the eye update they were up to 750g a pop and I'm sure they climbed further than that. It was kinda ridiculous. Good money for those who'd kept ahold of Scattersights to sell, but ridiculous for anyone else. Any projects people might have had that included specific eye types were laughably out of reach. And now they're not!

The value of G1s has shifted back to good colours after the update, you get some decent sales on good doubles and triples and so on.
I'm sorry that the new eye vial change has had a negative impact on you, but there's no way any 'movement' to get the change reversed is going to hold any water.

For one, we've had the vials for, what, 8 or so months now? The 'damage' is done. For another, the vast majority of people, myself included, enjoy and have embraced the vials. Scattersights were fun, but their value was spiralling out of control.

I don't remember exactly how high they got but the last time I looked at them before the eye update they were up to 750g a pop and I'm sure they climbed further than that. It was kinda ridiculous. Good money for those who'd kept ahold of Scattersights to sell, but ridiculous for anyone else. Any projects people might have had that included specific eye types were laughably out of reach. And now they're not!

The value of G1s has shifted back to good colours after the update, you get some decent sales on good doubles and triples and so on.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
Good god not this again. Please. I was already agonized as is by the original argument. I do not need this.
Good god not this again. Please. I was already agonized as is by the original argument. I do not need this.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
I've gone back and looked at the 5th Anniversary post. There's no indication that they were NEVER going to bring out individual vials. More importantly, per the devs in their announcement for the eye vials:
Quote:
When we created the eye type system we intended for it to make breeding a little more exciting by altering the eyes.

Our main goal was to make the act of welcoming any new hatchling a bit more special. We thought that in the surprise cases where when hatchlings exhibited an eye type, it could create an opportunity for players to embark on a dragon project that they may have overlooked otherwise. What once might have been a dragon that would be immediately exalted or sold could open the door to a whole new aesthetic.

As we all know, the best of intentions sometimes don’t lead to the best outcome, especially in a game like ours. This system became frustrating for many players who yearned to use these new eyes types on their existing dragons, many of which they've been working a long time on or have sentimental meaning.

With the launch of the system, we released an event-exclusive item—the Vial of Scattersight—that we’d hoped would help replicate that randomized surprise for a few existing dragons. Looking back, we recognize that releasing that item was a mistake. Even though we thought we were providing a quirky item that could extend the eye types system backwards for a few dragons per player, they ended up exacerbating that frustration. We don’t plan to bring back the Vial of Scattersight or any item like it, so we’re moving forward with the following gameplay philosophy in mind:

In Flight Rising, if you put enough time into it, you can pretty much craft your perfect dragon. That should remain one of the most important aspects of our game.

Trust me, me and my probably-more-than-you Scattersights understand the frustration. Welcome to investment.
I've gone back and looked at the 5th Anniversary post. There's no indication that they were NEVER going to bring out individual vials. More importantly, per the devs in their announcement for the eye vials:
Quote:
When we created the eye type system we intended for it to make breeding a little more exciting by altering the eyes.

Our main goal was to make the act of welcoming any new hatchling a bit more special. We thought that in the surprise cases where when hatchlings exhibited an eye type, it could create an opportunity for players to embark on a dragon project that they may have overlooked otherwise. What once might have been a dragon that would be immediately exalted or sold could open the door to a whole new aesthetic.

As we all know, the best of intentions sometimes don’t lead to the best outcome, especially in a game like ours. This system became frustrating for many players who yearned to use these new eyes types on their existing dragons, many of which they've been working a long time on or have sentimental meaning.

With the launch of the system, we released an event-exclusive item—the Vial of Scattersight—that we’d hoped would help replicate that randomized surprise for a few existing dragons. Looking back, we recognize that releasing that item was a mistake. Even though we thought we were providing a quirky item that could extend the eye types system backwards for a few dragons per player, they ended up exacerbating that frustration. We don’t plan to bring back the Vial of Scattersight or any item like it, so we’re moving forward with the following gameplay philosophy in mind:

In Flight Rising, if you put enough time into it, you can pretty much craft your perfect dragon. That should remain one of the most important aspects of our game.

Trust me, me and my probably-more-than-you Scattersights understand the frustration. Welcome to investment.
hSiT7bD.png

faQsydP.png
Manifestation: a Pinkerlocke
nnnnn iohA98P.png
fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png leo
fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png he/him
fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png FR +3
nnnnnnnn xyUtvwe.png
XlFXLvP.png
Lol I feel your pain, though to a lesser degree, I’m more Despondent about it, hahaha.

A lot of excitement for this game has gone away for me because of this, even making me question my future dedication to the site. I also have much less interest in hatching G1s, because now again the only special G1 is a triple or a special ID :(
Lol I feel your pain, though to a lesser degree, I’m more Despondent about it, hahaha.

A lot of excitement for this game has gone away for me because of this, even making me question my future dedication to the site. I also have much less interest in hatching G1s, because now again the only special G1 is a triple or a special ID :(
I mean yeah it sank the value of special eyed g1s and born primals but that doesn’t mean that gene projects are pointless now. If anything it’s even more fun now that I can control the eyes. Plus, the vials for multigaze and primal aren’t cheap, even with a dom discount.
I mean yeah it sank the value of special eyed g1s and born primals but that doesn’t mean that gene projects are pointless now. If anything it’s even more fun now that I can control the eyes. Plus, the vials for multigaze and primal aren’t cheap, even with a dom discount.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
OP, you’re clearly shocked and disappointed that something you thought would be worth $$$ isn’t, but I think you may want to let the news settle a bit before you post any further.

Take 24 hours away from the forums. Take a walk, watch a movie, have a nap. Scry some of your dragons with special eye types, and think about how now you can just make those eye types happen like genes.

See if you still feel quite so crusade-leadingly furious tomorrow.
OP, you’re clearly shocked and disappointed that something you thought would be worth $$$ isn’t, but I think you may want to let the news settle a bit before you post any further.

Take 24 hours away from the forums. Take a walk, watch a movie, have a nap. Scry some of your dragons with special eye types, and think about how now you can just make those eye types happen like genes.

See if you still feel quite so crusade-leadingly furious tomorrow.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Fight. Fight. Fight.
Fight. Fight. Fight.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7