Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened to scattersight vial value
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Sorel" date="2022-01-04 09:46:11" ] It was fine for the people angry about the original eyepocalypse to bring it up in threads for three years but people mad about this one? Nah . take a walk, dont get upset. [/quote] I’m curious; how did you respond to the people who were angry about the original eyepocalypse (of which I was not one, by the way) during those three years?
Sorel wrote on 2022-01-04 09:46:11:
It was fine for the people angry about the original eyepocalypse to bring it up in threads for three years but people mad about this one? Nah . take a walk, dont get upset.

I’m curious; how did you respond to the people who were angry about the original eyepocalypse (of which I was not one, by the way) during those three years?
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
All who reffers to Joxar boxes why don't you mention that it contains only few last year's fest items? Not all fest items. Few first years still truly retired (even with so called Joxar chances making later fest items semi-retired)
All who reffers to Joxar boxes why don't you mention that it contains only few last year's fest items? Not all fest items. Few first years still truly retired (even with so called Joxar chances making later fest items semi-retired)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-01-04 09:25:54" ] OP, you’re clearly shocked and disappointed that something you thought would be worth $$$ isn’t, but I think you may want to let the news settle a bit before you post any further. Take 24 hours away from the forums. Take a walk, watch a movie, have a nap. Scry some of your dragons with special eye types, and think about how now you can just make those eye types happen like genes. See if you still feel quite so crusade-leadingly furious tomorrow. [/quote] @Ceiswyn I just feel like it's such a letdown. I held onto them for so long, thinking once I sold them I could finally afford to actually do things and play the game with the kind of funds it feels like everybody else just [i]has [/i]all the time because I can't endlessly grind coli like them, and now that won't happen. I [i]am [/i]excited about what implications the ability to control eye types has for my various G1s that might fit some special eyes, or permas whose eye colour is just a bit off of matching, it just can't quite get through the disappointment yet.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-01-04 09:25:54:
OP, you’re clearly shocked and disappointed that something you thought would be worth $$$ isn’t, but I think you may want to let the news settle a bit before you post any further.

Take 24 hours away from the forums. Take a walk, watch a movie, have a nap. Scry some of your dragons with special eye types, and think about how now you can just make those eye types happen like genes.

See if you still feel quite so crusade-leadingly furious tomorrow.
@Ceiswyn
I just feel like it's such a letdown. I held onto them for so long, thinking once I sold them I could finally afford to actually do things and play the game with the kind of funds it feels like everybody else just has all the time because I can't endlessly grind coli like them, and now that won't happen.

I am excited about what implications the ability to control eye types has for my various G1s that might fit some special eyes, or permas whose eye colour is just a bit off of matching, it just can't quite get through the disappointment yet.
5LqH0sj.png
[quote name="Unrest" date="2022-01-04 08:39:14" ] An eyepocalypse post,,, in this unholy year of 2022. This is like watching a Victorian person react to an iPhone lmao. WITCHERY??? WIDLEY ACCEPTED IN GOD’S YEAR OF 2022??? WHAT DEGENERACY WILL SOCIETY COME TOO, THAT WE ENTRAP SPIRITS IN TINY METAL RECTANGLES??? [/quote] @Unrest Glad that my pain is at least amusing to somebody, I guess. Regards, Victorian Person
Unrest wrote on 2022-01-04 08:39:14:
An eyepocalypse post,,, in this unholy year of 2022.

This is like watching a Victorian person react to an iPhone lmao.

WITCHERY??? WIDLEY ACCEPTED IN GOD’S YEAR OF 2022??? WHAT DEGENERACY WILL SOCIETY COME TOO, THAT WE ENTRAP SPIRITS IN TINY METAL RECTANGLES???
@Unrest
Glad that my pain is at least amusing to somebody, I guess.
Regards, Victorian Person
5LqH0sj.png
In good news, with the improvements made to the site, there are a lot more ways to profit now aside from coli.

During fests, Warrior Way, Night of the Nocturne and the four seasonal holidays, you get currency/chests/speciality food and items through all site activities (except Roundsey, for a reason, ofcourse)

Investing in eggs is a solid choice, without risk. Fest currency is a great money maker, brewing it in Baldwin is a wonderful way to do it. Melting junk familiars is a REALLY solid money maker (silver mucks sold for 11kt during NotN, gold ones for 18-19kt)

FR is a lot less coli centric now.
In good news, with the improvements made to the site, there are a lot more ways to profit now aside from coli.

During fests, Warrior Way, Night of the Nocturne and the four seasonal holidays, you get currency/chests/speciality food and items through all site activities (except Roundsey, for a reason, ofcourse)

Investing in eggs is a solid choice, without risk. Fest currency is a great money maker, brewing it in Baldwin is a wonderful way to do it. Melting junk familiars is a REALLY solid money maker (silver mucks sold for 11kt during NotN, gold ones for 18-19kt)

FR is a lot less coli centric now.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Also i think i'll just leave this here.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2956475#post_2956475

the absolute indignity people have when you talk about trying to bring the first festival items out of retirement is quite at odds with the people saying they'd be fine with un-retiring them in the threads we've had in discussion the last few days.

If it didn't think the users who act like the suggestions police would immediately accuse me of creating a new thread out of spite i'd make one suggesting the first festival items be brought back into circulation.
Also i think i'll just leave this here.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2956475#post_2956475

the absolute indignity people have when you talk about trying to bring the first festival items out of retirement is quite at odds with the people saying they'd be fine with un-retiring them in the threads we've had in discussion the last few days.

If it didn't think the users who act like the suggestions police would immediately accuse me of creating a new thread out of spite i'd make one suggesting the first festival items be brought back into circulation.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
@Mackenzi
Yea the market can change. But this wasn't a market change, it was a change that went back on previous assurances and bypassed the market entirely. This investment was all but guaranteed a return, because that's how retired items work. They don't just get randomly added back in.
I really am getting tired of the condescension of people like you.
And it must be great to have the luxury to not put all your eggs in one basket, but some people don't have the amount of baskets you apparently have.
@Mackenzi
Yea the market can change. But this wasn't a market change, it was a change that went back on previous assurances and bypassed the market entirely. This investment was all but guaranteed a return, because that's how retired items work. They don't just get randomly added back in.
I really am getting tired of the condescension of people like you.
And it must be great to have the luxury to not put all your eggs in one basket, but some people don't have the amount of baskets you apparently have.
5LqH0sj.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2022-01-04 09:46:11" ] And it really stinks that your dragons have been devalued and that the majority of players will snark about it and gaslight you like you were crazy for building a play style around the devs goofy 3 year mistake. But truthfully? they aren't worth crusading over. [/quote] This is kinda where I've settled. Every now and again I think of all the gene projects I had planned to use my scattersights to fund, or remember just how *much* I spent on my Arcane primals, I get kinda grumpy (tho there are a couple of G1 primals I had that I managed to sell beforehand whose buyers probably feel the same way). And when folks get snarky and smug about "investing" and "scalping" it's even more frustrating because it's not like anyone banking Scattersights or selling G1primals for $$$ was doing anything wrong or immoral or mean...literally just playing the game the way it was. I don't tend to see nearly that kind of disdain for the folks who buy gems with actual money (nor should there be), which is also something out of reach of a lot of players. Every now and again, I'll have myself a little pout as I try to reprioritize which g1s get gened, but it's really not worth fussing over anymore.
Sorel wrote on 2022-01-04 09:46:11:
And it really stinks that your dragons have been devalued and that the majority of players will snark about it and gaslight you like you were crazy for building a play style around the devs goofy 3 year mistake.

But truthfully? they aren't worth crusading over.

This is kinda where I've settled. Every now and again I think of all the gene projects I had planned to use my scattersights to fund, or remember just how *much* I spent on my Arcane primals, I get kinda grumpy (tho there are a couple of G1 primals I had that I managed to sell beforehand whose buyers probably feel the same way). And when folks get snarky and smug about "investing" and "scalping" it's even more frustrating because it's not like anyone banking Scattersights or selling G1primals for $$$ was doing anything wrong or immoral or mean...literally just playing the game the way it was. I don't tend to see nearly that kind of disdain for the folks who buy gems with actual money (nor should there be), which is also something out of reach of a lot of players.

Every now and again, I'll have myself a little pout as I try to reprioritize which g1s get gened, but it's really not worth fussing over anymore.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Okay, that's enough. This thread is now locked, before it escalates any further. Thank you.
Okay, that's enough. This thread is now locked, before it escalates any further. Thank you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7