Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened to scattersight vial value
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
To all the people who were selling overpriced G1 primals before the new release: Sayonara, I'm never looking back, you have enough of my gems, you scalpers!

To the people who lost valueble scattersight vials as an investment: That's investment 101 babes, no investment is guaranteed a return, the market can change at any time, and don't put all your eggs in one basket!
To all the people who were selling overpriced G1 primals before the new release: Sayonara, I'm never looking back, you have enough of my gems, you scalpers!

To the people who lost valueble scattersight vials as an investment: That's investment 101 babes, no investment is guaranteed a return, the market can change at any time, and don't put all your eggs in one basket!
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-01-04 09:25:54" ] OP, you’re clearly shocked and disappointed that something you thought would be worth $$$ isn’t, but I think you may want to let the news settle a bit before you post any further. Take 24 hours away from the forums. Take a walk, watch a movie, have a nap. Scry some of your dragons with special eye types, and think about how now you can just make those eye types happen like genes. See if you still feel quite so crusade-leadingly furious tomorrow. [/quote] i like how this has become the standard response to anyone who was (and still is) upset about the eyepocalypse 2.0. It was fine for the people angry about the original eyepocalypse to bring it up in threads for three years but people mad about this one? Nah . take a walk, dont get upset. after all the majority got their way and the staff caved and set a terrible precednet for future decisions but that doesnt matter lol. The bog standard response of the masses will be "Just do (insert thing that inevitably requires repetitive stress injuries form the coliseum here) and be happy! Play like i play and collect things for sentimental reasons or RP reasons or whatever and stop being a dirty dragon capitalist!" @Pteranodon Op, it stinks that the devs couldn't be bothered to correct their mistake in a reasonable time frame. It stinks that they were quick to fix the problem with obelisks flair error and even offered an apology while those of us upset about the eye thing didn't even really get that much. And it really stinks that your dragons have been devalued and that the majority of players will snark about it and gaslight you like you were crazy for building a play style around the devs goofy 3 year mistake. But truthfully? they aren't worth crusading over. Don't be like they were for three years complaining about a gameplay change. if you need somebody to vent to about it or to give you tips on how to make treasure without killing brain cells in the coliseum my inbox is always open. I'm sure this thread will get locked soon, so i hope you see this before then and know that there are other people just as disheartened byu the update when it happened, they just dont talk about it much because they either quit out of disgust or they know their outnumbered and dont want half the site to block them.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-01-04 09:25:54:
OP, you’re clearly shocked and disappointed that something you thought would be worth $$$ isn’t, but I think you may want to let the news settle a bit before you post any further.

Take 24 hours away from the forums. Take a walk, watch a movie, have a nap. Scry some of your dragons with special eye types, and think about how now you can just make those eye types happen like genes.

See if you still feel quite so crusade-leadingly furious tomorrow.

i like how this has become the standard response to anyone who was (and still is) upset about the eyepocalypse 2.0.

It was fine for the people angry about the original eyepocalypse to bring it up in threads for three years but people mad about this one? Nah . take a walk, dont get upset. after all the majority got their way and the staff caved and set a terrible
precednet for future decisions but that doesnt matter lol.

The bog standard response of the masses will be "Just do (insert thing that inevitably requires repetitive stress injuries form the coliseum here) and be happy! Play like i play and collect things for sentimental reasons or RP reasons or whatever and stop being a dirty dragon capitalist!"

@Pteranodon

Op, it stinks that the devs couldn't be bothered to correct their mistake in a reasonable time frame. It stinks that they were quick to fix the problem with obelisks flair error and even offered an apology while those of us upset about the eye thing didn't even really get that much. And it really stinks that your dragons have been devalued and that the majority of players will snark about it and gaslight you like you were crazy for building a play style around the devs goofy 3 year mistake.

But truthfully? they aren't worth crusading over. Don't be like they were for three years complaining about a gameplay change. if you need somebody to vent to about it or to give you tips on how to make treasure without killing brain cells in the coliseum my inbox is always open.

I'm sure this thread will get locked soon, so i hope you see this before then and know that there are other people just as disheartened byu the update when it happened, they just dont talk about it much because they either quit out of disgust or they know their outnumbered and dont want half the site to block them.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
The fact the scattersights got to be 1000G a piece was pretty idiotic, considering they functioned very badly, sometimes not changing eye color at all. They were not at a point anymore people were using them (although I am sure the odd exception exists), they had become only a means of investment.

The last time I used one was for about 300G and I was after uncommon eyes, so the risk felt worth it.

I am very glad they released the vials. I do feel the primal vials could be rarer/more expensive/something special, but I don't use them at all myself. I didn't care for primal before and I didn't care after. I've exalted primals before and after, because an ugly dragon is an ugly dragon lol (and people don't care much for earth/water primal)

It sucks for the people who lost so much, but that's not really the site's issue. People got the vials very cheaply during the anniversary.. any further buying, selling and trading was entirely between players, the site doesn't owe any sort of refund or recourse. Doesn't make it less frustrating and saddening, but it simply is what it is.
The fact the scattersights got to be 1000G a piece was pretty idiotic, considering they functioned very badly, sometimes not changing eye color at all. They were not at a point anymore people were using them (although I am sure the odd exception exists), they had become only a means of investment.

The last time I used one was for about 300G and I was after uncommon eyes, so the risk felt worth it.

I am very glad they released the vials. I do feel the primal vials could be rarer/more expensive/something special, but I don't use them at all myself. I didn't care for primal before and I didn't care after. I've exalted primals before and after, because an ugly dragon is an ugly dragon lol (and people don't care much for earth/water primal)

It sucks for the people who lost so much, but that's not really the site's issue. People got the vials very cheaply during the anniversary.. any further buying, selling and trading was entirely between players, the site doesn't owe any sort of refund or recourse. Doesn't make it less frustrating and saddening, but it simply is what it is.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Mackenzi" date="2022-01-04 09:34:12" ] To all the people who were selling overpriced G1 primals before the new release: Sayonara, I'm never looking back, you have enough of my gems, you scalpers! To the people who lost valueble scattersight vials as an investment: That's investment 101 babes, no investment is guaranteed a return, the market can change at any time, and don't put all your eggs in one basket! [/quote] neat you dont actually know what scalping is or how it actually works. good to know.
Mackenzi wrote on 2022-01-04 09:34:12:

neat you dont actually know what scalping is or how it actually works. good to know.
[quote name="Churrell" date="2022-01-04 08:58:08" ] Lol I feel your pain, though to a lesser degree, I’m more Despondent about it, hahaha. A lot of excitement for this game has gone away for me because of this, even making me question my future dedication to the site. I also have much less interest in hatching G1s, because now again the only special G1 is a triple or a special ID :( [/quote] hunting for old dragons can still be fun. The 7 digit market has really picked up in price the last year or so. It is sort of funny that people act like this eye change was some great dragon equalizer when nicely colored g1s and oldies still bring more than bred triple with primal eye vial applied will any day of the week. Really leveled the playing field for newbies huh lol
Churrell wrote on 2022-01-04 08:58:08:
Lol I feel your pain, though to a lesser degree, I’m more Despondent about it, hahaha.

A lot of excitement for this game has gone away for me because of this, even making me question my future dedication to the site. I also have much less interest in hatching G1s, because now again the only special G1 is a triple or a special ID :(

hunting for old dragons can still be fun. The 7 digit market has really picked up in price the last year or so.

It is sort of funny that people act like this eye change was some great dragon equalizer when nicely colored g1s and oldies still bring more than bred triple with primal eye vial applied will any day of the week. Really leveled the playing field for newbies huh lol
I really feel for everyone hoping to make stonks on the vials ( had a few squirreled away myself) but honestly I think the eyepocalypse was for the best, this is a dragon customization site after all, better let all users have a way to improve their dragons without having to spend heaps of change only to rely on rng for something that might even just leave you with the same eye type. And y'know, eventually we were going to run out of scatter sights, locking us out of special eye changes forever. Frankly it was inevitable.
I really feel for everyone hoping to make stonks on the vials ( had a few squirreled away myself) but honestly I think the eyepocalypse was for the best, this is a dragon customization site after all, better let all users have a way to improve their dragons without having to spend heaps of change only to rely on rng for something that might even just leave you with the same eye type. And y'know, eventually we were going to run out of scatter sights, locking us out of special eye changes forever. Frankly it was inevitable.
meowmeowmeow222.png
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-01-04 08:28:11" ] [quote name="Pteranodon" date="2022-01-04 08:15:08" ]Not here. Not in this situation. Not when this was, for all anybody could predict, as safe an investment as light sprites. If the devs added those to the marketplace tomorrow, wouldn't you be upset as well? Wouldn't you feel betrayed?[/quote] Actually, I’d be really happy, since I don’t have one and could finally get one [emoji=fae tongue size=1] [quote]Of course it was a needed change that fixed eye type access... but that doesn't mean we should've lost on something they promised us would retain its value. They should've given us some kind of compensation.[/quote] Why? We didn’t lose anything. We still have the Scattersights, and the Scattersights still have a function. The inability to make a massive profit is not the same as a loss. [/quote] @Ceiswyn If that profit was all but promised, just not yet realized, and[b] the only reason[/b] it didn't happen because those promises were broken, it [i]is[/i] the same as a loss. You might not have lost anything. Other people did. Just because it didn't negatively affect you doesn't mean you have the right to invalidate other peoples' feelings.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-01-04 08:28:11:
Pteranodon wrote on 2022-01-04 08:15:08:
Not here. Not in this situation. Not when this was, for all anybody could predict, as safe an investment as light sprites. If the devs added those to the marketplace tomorrow, wouldn't you be upset as well? Wouldn't you feel betrayed?

Actually, I’d be really happy, since I don’t have one and could finally get one
Quote:
Of course it was a needed change that fixed eye type access... but that doesn't mean we should've lost on something they promised us would retain its value. They should've given us some kind of compensation.

Why? We didn’t lose anything. We still have the Scattersights, and the Scattersights still have a function.

The inability to make a massive profit is not the same as a loss.
@Ceiswyn
If that profit was all but promised, just not yet realized, and the only reason it didn't happen because those promises were broken, it is the same as a loss.
You might not have lost anything. Other people did. Just because it didn't negatively affect you doesn't mean you have the right to invalidate other peoples' feelings.
5LqH0sj.png
Oh dear God not this again

People just use the eyepocalypse argument to be as nasty as humanly possible to each other on both sides

OP the stock market isn't fair at all, I'm sorry you feel betrayed but this same argument was used for the lanyards for April fool's: we can't profit off of this anymore, there should be monetary compensation for what we lost. Which isn't how economics works at all.

The devs *******up. They fixed it. They said, straight up, that the scattersights wouldn't be released again. They never said a solution wouldnt be released.

If we're using your argument of re-releasing retired items, then they should also take down Roundsey too. Roundsey offers gen 1 imps, retired items (sometimes light sprites!) and things that could give what could be considered an 'unfair advantage.' Roundsey was a stab in the back for people who worked hard for their light sprites and gen ones, but why aren't you angry about that?

Note that I'm trying to be as non-condescending as possible here, so apologies if I come across the wrong way
Oh dear God not this again

People just use the eyepocalypse argument to be as nasty as humanly possible to each other on both sides

OP the stock market isn't fair at all, I'm sorry you feel betrayed but this same argument was used for the lanyards for April fool's: we can't profit off of this anymore, there should be monetary compensation for what we lost. Which isn't how economics works at all.

The devs *******up. They fixed it. They said, straight up, that the scattersights wouldn't be released again. They never said a solution wouldnt be released.

If we're using your argument of re-releasing retired items, then they should also take down Roundsey too. Roundsey offers gen 1 imps, retired items (sometimes light sprites!) and things that could give what could be considered an 'unfair advantage.' Roundsey was a stab in the back for people who worked hard for their light sprites and gen ones, but why aren't you angry about that?

Note that I'm trying to be as non-condescending as possible here, so apologies if I come across the wrong way
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2022-01-04 08:38:36" ] [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-01-04 08:28:11" ] [quote name="Pteranodon" date="2022-01-04 08:15:08" ]Not here. Not in this situation. Not when this was, for all anybody could predict, as safe an investment as light sprites. If the devs added those to the marketplace tomorrow, wouldn't you be upset as well? Wouldn't you feel betrayed?[/quote] Actually, I’d be really happy, since I don’t have one and could finally get one [emoji=fae tongue size=1] [quote]Of course it was a needed change that fixed eye type access... but that doesn't mean we should've lost on something they promised us would retain its value. They should've given us some kind of compensation.[/quote] Why? We didn’t lose anything. We still have the Scattersights, and the Scattersights still have a function. The inability to make a massive profit is not the same as a loss. [/quote] This is pretty much my thoughts, even as someone who’s saving up to possibly buy some sprites. I’d rather everyone get the chance to get what they want - I’m able to make a lot of treasure and gems since I can grind in the coli for extended times but for many reasons not everyone can do that. Plus, the vials are still expensive and can only be considered cheap with respect to the scatter vials value before the update. All investments are a risk. [/quote] @Wizardry I can't grind in the coli that long. The scattersights were one of the only ways I could hope to make the kind of treasure needed to actually complete projects on a reasonable timescale. Am I not also a part of "everyone"? Shouldn't I also have a chance to get what I want? And investments where the devs explicitly say "this will be the only way to get this thing" aren't supposed to be a risk. You're supposed to be able to trust them.
Wizardry wrote on 2022-01-04 08:38:36:
Pteranodon wrote on 2022-01-04 08:15:08:
Not here. Not in this situation. Not when this was, for all anybody could predict, as safe an investment as light sprites. If the devs added those to the marketplace tomorrow, wouldn't you be upset as well? Wouldn't you feel betrayed?

Actually, I’d be really happy, since I don’t have one and could finally get one
Quote:
Of course it was a needed change that fixed eye type access... but that doesn't mean we should've lost on something they promised us would retain its value. They should've given us some kind of compensation.

Why? We didn’t lose anything. We still have the Scattersights, and the Scattersights still have a function.

This is pretty much my thoughts, even as someone who’s saving up to possibly buy some sprites. I’d rather everyone get the chance to get what they want - I’m able to make a lot of treasure and gems since I can grind in the coli for extended times but for many reasons not everyone can do that. Plus, the vials are still expensive and can only be considered cheap with respect to the scatter vials value before the update. All investments are a risk.
@Wizardry
I can't grind in the coli that long. The scattersights were one of the only ways I could hope to make the kind of treasure needed to actually complete projects on a reasonable timescale. Am I not also a part of "everyone"? Shouldn't I also have a chance to get what I want?

And investments where the devs explicitly say "this will be the only way to get this thing" aren't supposed to be a risk. You're supposed to be able to trust them.
5LqH0sj.png
[quote name="Pteranodon" date="2022-01-04 09:56:42" ] [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-01-04 08:28:11" ] The inability to make a massive profit is not the same as a loss. [/quote] If that profit was all but promised, just not yet realized, and[b] the only reason[/b] it didn't happen because those promises were broken, it [i]is[/i] the same as a loss. You might not have lost anything. Other people did. Just because it didn't negatively affect you doesn't mean you have the right to invalidate other peoples' feelings. [/quote] Feeling upset is also not the same as actually having lost something. I am curious as to how you expect the devs to compensate you for your feelings, as per your previous demand? OP, you’re all over the place.
Pteranodon wrote on 2022-01-04 09:56:42:
If that profit was all but promised, just not yet realized, and the only reason it didn't happen because those promises were broken, it is the same as a loss.
You might not have lost anything. Other people did. Just because it didn't negatively affect you doesn't mean you have the right to invalidate other peoples' feelings.

Feeling upset is also not the same as actually having lost something.

I am curious as to how you expect the devs to compensate you for your feelings, as per your previous demand?

OP, you’re all over the place.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7