Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Science of Sornieth
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Above user seems sorta sketchy… but on an unrelated note!

Loved reading through this <3 so much useful stuff as an amateur artist, writer and worldbuilder! The jobs section at the end was helpful too, my main lair is a clan/company which manufactures for war: creating weapons, armour, etc. contracted out to the highest bidder. Trying to make a realistic, functioning company with all the main jobs required in a weird dragon society is tough! I’ll take note of some of the roles you have in there.

Also interested in that rant you had about instinct! I have never really considered how instinct works or what it is, it’s just sort of a “oh yeah, it’s that bird’s instinct to build a nest!” Sort of thing. Though, when written out, everything you said seemed quite obvious in hindsight. Ants, as an example, operate on pheromones and by taking in their environment, making decisions, rather than just a thing that makes them do things. If you have any further reading or notes about that, I’d love to read them
Above user seems sorta sketchy… but on an unrelated note!

Loved reading through this <3 so much useful stuff as an amateur artist, writer and worldbuilder! The jobs section at the end was helpful too, my main lair is a clan/company which manufactures for war: creating weapons, armour, etc. contracted out to the highest bidder. Trying to make a realistic, functioning company with all the main jobs required in a weird dragon society is tough! I’ll take note of some of the roles you have in there.

Also interested in that rant you had about instinct! I have never really considered how instinct works or what it is, it’s just sort of a “oh yeah, it’s that bird’s instinct to build a nest!” Sort of thing. Though, when written out, everything you said seemed quite obvious in hindsight. Ants, as an example, operate on pheromones and by taking in their environment, making decisions, rather than just a thing that makes them do things. If you have any further reading or notes about that, I’d love to read them
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
@lemonysnaket I too do not trust that random insert, that felt really out of nowhere

And thank you so much, glad you liked my ramblings!! You're also correct, ants and bees communicate with pheromones. If one bee attacks and releases attack pheromones, the other bees will note that and interpret it as a possible threat being nearby.
Also, I don't remember if I mentioned this anywhere but some ants have medics who mend other ants' wounds. They collect those who can still be saved and then ensure they heal up well, while those who are far beyond saving (such as those who had lost way too many limbs) they simply ignore. Scientists tried dousing those severely wounded in specific pheromones that let the medics know the ant is in trouble and they STILL chose to completely ignore them based on their evaluation of "saveable or not". Shows that they have full control over their decisions
@lemonysnaket I too do not trust that random insert, that felt really out of nowhere

And thank you so much, glad you liked my ramblings!! You're also correct, ants and bees communicate with pheromones. If one bee attacks and releases attack pheromones, the other bees will note that and interpret it as a possible threat being nearby.
Also, I don't remember if I mentioned this anywhere but some ants have medics who mend other ants' wounds. They collect those who can still be saved and then ensure they heal up well, while those who are far beyond saving (such as those who had lost way too many limbs) they simply ignore. Scientists tried dousing those severely wounded in specific pheromones that let the medics know the ant is in trouble and they STILL chose to completely ignore them based on their evaluation of "saveable or not". Shows that they have full control over their decisions
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
!!! AHHH this is so interesting thank you so much for sharing :D The section about dragon taxonomy were so good
!!! AHHH this is so interesting thank you so much for sharing :D The section about dragon taxonomy were so good
KS35UWQ.png
Lizz
They/Them
Adopt Shop | Accent Shop
@lizzytiki thank you!! I'm currently working on making my own iteration of dragons in such a way that the morphologies between each of them are going to be much more similar to each other so I can actually put them all in one species with the differences akin to dog breeds. Of course, this is going to require severe modifications to designs but idc, I'm chaotic like that [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/483387443408797697/816395756691914802/eternal_mood.png[/img]
@lizzytiki thank you!! I'm currently working on making my own iteration of dragons in such a way that the morphologies between each of them are going to be much more similar to each other so I can actually put them all in one species with the differences akin to dog breeds. Of course, this is going to require severe modifications to designs but idc, I'm chaotic like that

eternal_mood.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron hope you dont mind being pinged TvT'

came back to say something that I didn't make as clear as I should have in my very first post here--

but your science and reasoning is truly amazing and the way you weave a humorous patch under a logical and for-fun-yet-completely-true topic is unfathomable, simply brilliant.

You really bring the science of Sorneith to life in a way that's sincerely fun to read. I get bored reading science threads all the time, but dang gurl leave some good writing skills for the rest of us

would you mind if I referenced this topic unprofessionally? Don't feel inclined to say yes if your preferences lie elsewhere ^^'

@Natron hope you dont mind being pinged TvT'

came back to say something that I didn't make as clear as I should have in my very first post here--

but your science and reasoning is truly amazing and the way you weave a humorous patch under a logical and for-fun-yet-completely-true topic is unfathomable, simply brilliant.

You really bring the science of Sorneith to life in a way that's sincerely fun to read. I get bored reading science threads all the time, but dang gurl leave some good writing skills for the rest of us

would you mind if I referenced this topic unprofessionally? Don't feel inclined to say yes if your preferences lie elsewhere ^^'

SOpef69.gif Bleu|Christian

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
a0QwMLR.gif 3QIeA2e.pnga0QwMLR.gif
@bleufalha JDKJDKLFJGLKJDFG you might not believe but the reason why I added an excessive amount of jokes in there is because there was a person or two who hated my guts for having a Wikipedia voice and a neurodivergent way of talking because they thought I was flexing rather than just being excited over the things I love, so there.......... I am so happy to hear you enjoy it, that's excellent news!! ;w; Thank you so much!!

Yes, absolutely feel free to ref it if you'd like, it is my intention to make knowledge accessible. I'm actually planning on making this thread even more easily readable and add more visuals but I need to find a nice balance.
@bleufalha JDKJDKLFJGLKJDFG you might not believe but the reason why I added an excessive amount of jokes in there is because there was a person or two who hated my guts for having a Wikipedia voice and a neurodivergent way of talking because they thought I was flexing rather than just being excited over the things I love, so there.......... I am so happy to hear you enjoy it, that's excellent news!! ;w; Thank you so much!!

Yes, absolutely feel free to ref it if you'd like, it is my intention to make knowledge accessible. I'm actually planning on making this thread even more easily readable and add more visuals but I need to find a nice balance.
I don’t know if my brain feels bigger or smaller after looking through this thread XD

It’s so fascinating, I might spend all day on here! definitely saving this link for later, when I actually have the energy to start my lore. I haven’t read through it all the way, since the vocabulary is a little bit over my head in places, so I’m gonna have to whip out my dictionary and sit down with a cup of coffee to get through it.

^ not meant in a bad way, I love learning, especially if it’s creatively and NOT math! I’d also really really appreciate it if you could help me puzzle out some logical fallacies in my own lore (absolutely not necessary though).

This is probably the most interesting forum post I’ve come across (me acting like I didn’t get here from your user page and instead stumbled upon it accidentally lol)

ok I should probably stop writing but there’s just so much I want to appreciate all of it!
I don’t know if my brain feels bigger or smaller after looking through this thread XD

It’s so fascinating, I might spend all day on here! definitely saving this link for later, when I actually have the energy to start my lore. I haven’t read through it all the way, since the vocabulary is a little bit over my head in places, so I’m gonna have to whip out my dictionary and sit down with a cup of coffee to get through it.

^ not meant in a bad way, I love learning, especially if it’s creatively and NOT math! I’d also really really appreciate it if you could help me puzzle out some logical fallacies in my own lore (absolutely not necessary though).

This is probably the most interesting forum post I’ve come across (me acting like I didn’t get here from your user page and instead stumbled upon it accidentally lol)

ok I should probably stop writing but there’s just so much I want to appreciate all of it!
@Natron It’s criminal that no one has posted these here yet, so I will be the heathen that does. (my own cursed edits, free for the taking) [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nK86iHw.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/ki8lnWG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6XHrdUE.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/cAyWB7N.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/TvpKyTc.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dQGwIZx.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/uOUtmmI.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/GocQjBy.png[/img] [b]and finally….. the most cursed of them all…….[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Rc2QrmJ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/0xrDH0A.png[/img] [/center]
@Natron It’s criminal that no one has posted these here yet, so I will be the heathen that does. (my own cursed edits, free for the taking)
nK86iHw.pngki8lnWG.png
6XHrdUE.png
cAyWB7N.png
TvpKyTc.png
dQGwIZx.png
uOUtmmI.png
GocQjBy.png

and finally….. the most cursed of them all…….
Rc2QrmJ.png
0xrDH0A.png
Costello’s Brewery- Add to the menu!
Brewery Icon pending…
WQA384m.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
ebvHLqD.png
@wolfsmudge when I tell you I didn't even NOTICE that there was anything off about them, this is incredible, thank you
@wolfsmudge when I tell you I didn't even NOTICE that there was anything off about them, this is incredible, thank you
I'm not sure how this thread went from speculative biology to dryads in doc martins but I appreciate being reminded this exists.
I'm not sure how this thread went from speculative biology to dryads in doc martins but I appreciate being reminded this exists.
formatting these forum signatures is hard. tumblr_p6atnvb3xd1vffxj3o2_100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8