Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 46 47
My clan is led by Mariana, who is the ultimate decider and basically something like a monarch, though I use the title of Lady for her instead of Queen just because I like how it sounds. She's the most powerful seer in the clan, which is how she got her title, and part of her job is raising a successor--though this successor can be born from the leader of the clan or adopted, it doesn't matter as long as they're a powerful seer.

In general powerful seers are considered more respected than other dragons, because this is a water clan, so Mariana is at the top, but High Priestess Lemuria is also very powerful. Dragons associated with the powerful dragon can sometimes gain some level of status but they need to earn it as well. For example, Mariana's daughter, Reina, is the heiress, but she still has to listen to the older dragons until she's an adult (even if the site says she is she's not in my lore).

Even with this seer bias, other dragons are respected for their own talents as well. Mariana would listen to the head warrior Musa's advice in times of war even though his visions of the future aren't as powerful, for example. In general my clan is like a village where everyone works together and is generally friendly with one another, though it may appear strange and spooky from the outside, since water clans are like that.
My clan is led by Mariana, who is the ultimate decider and basically something like a monarch, though I use the title of Lady for her instead of Queen just because I like how it sounds. She's the most powerful seer in the clan, which is how she got her title, and part of her job is raising a successor--though this successor can be born from the leader of the clan or adopted, it doesn't matter as long as they're a powerful seer.

In general powerful seers are considered more respected than other dragons, because this is a water clan, so Mariana is at the top, but High Priestess Lemuria is also very powerful. Dragons associated with the powerful dragon can sometimes gain some level of status but they need to earn it as well. For example, Mariana's daughter, Reina, is the heiress, but she still has to listen to the older dragons until she's an adult (even if the site says she is she's not in my lore).

Even with this seer bias, other dragons are respected for their own talents as well. Mariana would listen to the head warrior Musa's advice in times of war even though his visions of the future aren't as powerful, for example. In general my clan is like a village where everyone works together and is generally friendly with one another, though it may appear strange and spooky from the outside, since water clans are like that.
cvhDu9P.gif
Okay. They closest approximation is a town, a very tiny, highly tourist drawing town. Rezmor is basically the mayor and there's acknowledged administration dragons like the treasurer and such who basically act as his seconds and keep everything running. There's also the airship captain and the bathhouse owner who are big names after Rezmor cause they're the money makers and that gives them power, the airship cause they're the main traders outside the clan and the bathhouse cause it's the biggest tourist draw. The merchants are also big names cuase money as is the Squad leader who's head of my Coli dragons and is the hunting party/military. There's guards who are basically the police. All the shop owners and crafts dragons who are part of guilds also help draw in customers and keep the clan mostly self-sufficient.

Who exactly all those turn to depends on what the situation is like for commissions versus supplies they'd go to the guildmaster or the merchants. Or if there's a fight then the guards would handle it or it could head straight to Rezmor if it's between clans. Not to mention all the beastclan in the background that follow the beastclan ambassador's lead who is nominally an admin dragon and responds to Rezmor on a regular basis or whoever comes to them to talk. Clan meetings are totally a thing though it's usually only held when there's actually something to talk about otherwise clan meals work just as well to spread news and interact if they can't talk at any other time or the day. Though I do have ideas for other clan structures if you'd like?
Okay. They closest approximation is a town, a very tiny, highly tourist drawing town. Rezmor is basically the mayor and there's acknowledged administration dragons like the treasurer and such who basically act as his seconds and keep everything running. There's also the airship captain and the bathhouse owner who are big names after Rezmor cause they're the money makers and that gives them power, the airship cause they're the main traders outside the clan and the bathhouse cause it's the biggest tourist draw. The merchants are also big names cuase money as is the Squad leader who's head of my Coli dragons and is the hunting party/military. There's guards who are basically the police. All the shop owners and crafts dragons who are part of guilds also help draw in customers and keep the clan mostly self-sufficient.

Who exactly all those turn to depends on what the situation is like for commissions versus supplies they'd go to the guildmaster or the merchants. Or if there's a fight then the guards would handle it or it could head straight to Rezmor if it's between clans. Not to mention all the beastclan in the background that follow the beastclan ambassador's lead who is nominally an admin dragon and responds to Rezmor on a regular basis or whoever comes to them to talk. Clan meetings are totally a thing though it's usually only held when there's actually something to talk about otherwise clan meals work just as well to spread news and interact if they can't talk at any other time or the day. Though I do have ideas for other clan structures if you'd like?
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
My "clan" is actually made up of two clans and a rogue. My main clan is the Kesra clan, which is led by my progen, a Mirror named Loki (in my lore, "Kesra" means "home" or "clan" in the Mirror tongue. Yeah, my progen is not exactly the most creative with names). His second-in-command is Obi, a Guardian who is often mistaken for the real leader by newcomers because he's much more outgoing than his charge Loki. Loki's mate Sigyn is a diplomat who is responsible for negotiating trades with other Fire clans. Obi's mate Padme handles the border patrols; since the clan lives between a Harpy and a Serthis clan, attacks are a major concern.

Under them is the Council, which is made up of one dragon from every species. This ensures all species are fairly represented, and any species-specific concerns get addressed. After them are the actual members of the clan, who are either steelworkers, fighters, or gatherers. Finally, there are representatives for all teh other flights, who are responsible for negotiating trades with flights from their respective elements. They report directly to Sigyn.

The second clan is the Aria clan, which is led by a Wildclaw named Lethality. It's a small clan of orphaned and abandoned dragons who have banded together to survive, and have sort-of become a close-knit family. They live right on the border of the Kesra clan and often work together with Kesra dragons to deal with Beastclan threats.

THen there's Veloden, who's a rogue that lives on the outskirts of the Kesra clan border and often steals from them to survive.

Fun fact: Outsiders often think the Kesra and Aria clans are one whole clan because of how closely they work with each other, and refer to them as the Kessaria clan.
My "clan" is actually made up of two clans and a rogue. My main clan is the Kesra clan, which is led by my progen, a Mirror named Loki (in my lore, "Kesra" means "home" or "clan" in the Mirror tongue. Yeah, my progen is not exactly the most creative with names). His second-in-command is Obi, a Guardian who is often mistaken for the real leader by newcomers because he's much more outgoing than his charge Loki. Loki's mate Sigyn is a diplomat who is responsible for negotiating trades with other Fire clans. Obi's mate Padme handles the border patrols; since the clan lives between a Harpy and a Serthis clan, attacks are a major concern.

Under them is the Council, which is made up of one dragon from every species. This ensures all species are fairly represented, and any species-specific concerns get addressed. After them are the actual members of the clan, who are either steelworkers, fighters, or gatherers. Finally, there are representatives for all teh other flights, who are responsible for negotiating trades with flights from their respective elements. They report directly to Sigyn.

The second clan is the Aria clan, which is led by a Wildclaw named Lethality. It's a small clan of orphaned and abandoned dragons who have banded together to survive, and have sort-of become a close-knit family. They live right on the border of the Kesra clan and often work together with Kesra dragons to deal with Beastclan threats.

THen there's Veloden, who's a rogue that lives on the outskirts of the Kesra clan border and often steals from them to survive.

Fun fact: Outsiders often think the Kesra and Aria clans are one whole clan because of how closely they work with each other, and refer to them as the Kessaria clan.
WRcl6DV.png dragon.png mlHpBMC.png
[center][size=6]{Site Lore} What are your theories on Boston and Hope?[/size] Suggested by @SgtCredo[/center] Because I want everyone to be on the same page before diving into this prompt, this post will be longer than usual. If you aren't familiar with who Boston and Hope are or would like a refresher, feel free to read the [b]Context[/b] section below! It's a rollercoaster from start to finish. XD If you're already familiar with them and the events surrounding them, then feel free to skip to the [b]Prompt[/b] section instead. :D It follows the iconic image in Boston and Hope's profiles -- you'll know the one! As a quick disclaimer for the Context section: I wasn't a Flight Rising user at the time of its events. The summary is based on information I found from other forum posts and polling older members. If you were around at the time and if you are positive that any of this information is inaccurate, or if there is more that I haven't mentioned, please don't hesitate to say so, especially if you have citations! And so, without further ado…. [center]{*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Context:[/b][/u][/size] [i][u]EDIT:[/u] @catgame21234 informed me that Boston and Hope were made as Flight Rising's way to pay condolences for the Boston bombings. Thank you for telling me this; I wouldn't have left it out if I had known.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=467419]Boston[/url] the Spiral and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=467418]Hope[/url] the Tundra are, as of now, the only dragons of "normal" breeds who live in deity lairs -- the Lightweaver's and the Shadowbinder's, respectively. They originated in the Lightweaver's lair as Earth dragons, but transferred over to the Shadowbinder's for a while. Somehow, they changed elements to Shadow dragons during the transition from the Lightweaver to the Shadowbinder -- a feat which may seem impossible in a lore sense, since a dragon's elemental magic is an integral part of their life energy (citation needed!). Afterwards, Boston returned to the Lightweaver and somehow changed elements once again, this time to a Wind dragon. Hope, however, remains a Shadow dragon in the Shadowbinder's lair to this day. However, the strangeness of Boston and Hope's legacy doesn't end there! It is possible that they had some role to play in an invasion of the Light Flight's territory by Shadow. During the time Boston and Hope were in the Shadowbinder's lair together as Shadow dragons, the Shadowbinder posted [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1153654/58#post_5722923]this ominous statement[/url]: [quote name="Shadowbinder" date="2014-08-09 19:49:41" ] We need more warriors on the eastern shore... send them to me, minions... [/quote] While this may not seem immediately connected to Boston and Hope, Boston was returned to the Lightweaver minutes later, prompting her to post [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1153606/76#post_5723055]this[/url] on a separate thread not long after: [quote name="Lightweaver" date="2014-08-09 19:55:22" ] The delightful purple spiral has returned, but I've never seen him without his tundra companion. There's something strange afoot. !!! The beacon is under attack from the east! Binder's forces appear to have sent several of Tidelord's brood to her service. Enlist more protectors, my children. We must keep our hold on the ruins from these tricky invaders! [/quote] (It is safe to assume that the beacon the Lightweaver is referring to is the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/8]Beacon of the Radiant Eye[/url].) Whether or not there is other information regarding this battle is unclear, but given the nature of these messages, it is implied that the return of Boston without Hope is linked to it. However, correlation does not equal causation, so interpreting Boston's arrival as coincidental bad timing (or anything of the sort) is also an option! Apart from these instances, the Lightweaver had also spoken of Boston in particular over the course of three prior posts, found (chronologically) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/962004/5#post_1575585]here[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/962004/14#post_2117204]here[/url], and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/976467/3#post_2234282]here[/url]. In short, they call him out for having an insatiable appetite and refer to him as "wily." For the sake of more complete context, the last quote will have the post the Lightweaver is responding to as well, even though the linked version only has her pinging the user who wrote it: [quote name="Lightweaver" date="2013-09-15 22:03:43" ] ...Spiral dragons sure can eat a lot. Where [i]do[/i] they keep it all? I'm dreadfully curious, but I'm afraid that I'm being eaten right out of my tower. I suppose I could just ask, but he has not actually stopped eating long enough to speak much with me. [/quote] [quote name="Lightweaver" date="2013-10-25 18:12:29" ] He... won't stop eating. [i]He won't stop eating.[/i] [/quote] [quote name="Lightweaver" date="2013-11-05 16:10:58" ] [quote name="warriorjames" date="2013-11-02 18:39:18" ] Bump...with an idea for @Lightweaver to solve her...uh...well, her food situation that this Spiral in her lair has her in: Build a storage room for her that she can keep her food in. Plus, it can only be opened with a unique combination that she can do. I'm pretty sure she would be on-board for this. [/quote] ...A storage room, you say? Some manner of lock? Perhaps the @Flamecaller would be so kind as to forge me one... and perhaps the @Arcanist would spell it for me. It must be strong, you see, for I do not think much less would hold the wily Boston at bay for long. [/quote] As a segue from the topic of Boston having quite an appetite, it is worth mentioning that neither Boston nor Hope are currently fed, even though the Lightweaver and Shadowbinder are. The last noteworthy piece of context to share is that Boston and Hope's profiles both consist of a single picture, seen below. It conveys them together with their original Earth eyes, surrounded by hearts, with the caption "boston x hope otp," which indicates that the nature of their relationship is (or once was) a romantic one. [center][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/ff7d242dfa5a8884f0a1264251f43901/tumblr_ms1suneO171sc8dm0o1_500.png[/img] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Prompt:[/b][/u][/size] For this prompt, we'll be sharing any and all theories, headcanons, and analyses that relate to Boston and Hope! Feel free to bounce your thoughts and ideas off of other users, pull information from the Spiral and Tundra breed pages, examine the world map, and/or answer any (or all!) of the following questions: [LIST] [*]What other things can we insinuate about Boston's initial personality based on Lightweaver's comments about him? Do you think his personality might have changed in the events surrounding his leaving to join the Shadowbinder and/or returning to the Lightweaver and leaving Hope behind? If so, how? [*]We already know some things about Boston as a person, but not a lot about Hope. What do you think she's currently like? Do you think her personality might have changed in the events surrounding her leaving to join the Shadowbinder and/or staying behind when Boston returned to the Lightweaver? If so, how? [*]What is the nature of Boston and Hope's current relationship? Has it changed since they were considered an OTP (aka: at the beginning when they were both Earth dragons)? [*]Why did Boston and Hope move from the Lightweaver's lair to the Shadowbinder's? Was it a decision they made, or was it out of their control? [*]How on [i]Sornieth[/i] did Boston and Hope change elements during these transitions? Why would Boston's element change to Wind when he returned to the Lightweaver even though he (like Hope) became a Shadow dragon when he went to the Shadowbinder? [*]Why did Boston return to the Lightweaver's lair without Hope? On the same vein, why did Hope remain with the Shadowbinder while her (perhaps former) romantic partner left? Were these decisions they made, or were they out of their control? [*]Do you believe they were involved during that attack on the Beacon of the Radiant Eye? If so, what role(s) might they have had to play? [/LIST] [center]{*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] I really wish I could have put together a full, cited theory for this prompt, but I still barely have had enough time to put everything together! ^^; So, even though I've been thinking about it a lot and mulling over all of this interesting information, I fear I don't have one cohesive, epic theory to share right off the bat with everyone. I do, however, have a more rough story idea to share! :D As always, feel free to build upon them or suggest alternatives! [LIST] [*]Before going to the Shadowbinder's lair, I imagine Boston and Hope were an "opposites attract" kind of couple. Boston was a bold and energetic Spiral with a fearsome appetite, a thirst for adventure, and a cunning mind; on the flip side, Hope may not have been the brightest, but she was patient, careful, sweet, and level-headed. True to being Earth dragons, what brought them together was a mutual love for Sornieth's history. They were inseparable and couldn't imagine doing research without the other. [*]They could have been members of the Lightweaver's lair in the beginning because she saw great potential in their search for historical knowledge and wished to support their endeavors in her realm. She offered them a place to stay at the Beacon of the Radiant Eye where she resides. Also, on the sillier side, perhaps she shipped them [s]and drew the OTP picture[/s]. [*]While I have no idea how Boston and Hope's elements shifted, I like to believe that the change(s) in their elements symbolized a change in their perspective. More on that in the following bullets! ^^ [*]I imagine that the reason Boston and Hope left for the Tangled Wood was to take a well-deserved vacation. The Lightweaver was sad to see them go (even though her food stores would be relieved to be rid of Boston for a while), but asked the Shadowbinder if she could host them. The Shadowbinder, with ulterior motives in mind, accepted. [*]While in the Tangled Wood, the Shadowbinder encouraged Boston and Hope to party a bit too hard. She siphoned information about the Beacon of the Radiant Eye whenever either of them felt chatty, though Boston was her primary source. Meanwhile, Boston and Hope were delighted and immersed in Shadow culture for a while, spending hours upon hours gaming the night away. [*]Somewhere in there, they changed elements, and Hope began to grow resentful whenever Boston's cleverness yielded him a win. Her new drive for victory turned her into a cold, jealous person. Boston had never taken her to be a sore loser nor the type to hold a grudge before -- it didn't seem like her -- but he figured that, like most instances of disagreement in the past, it would pass eventually. [*]After a while, the Shadowbinder called upon her children to join her on an invasion of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. In horror, Boston realized that this invasion couldn't have been planned without him running his mouth. He wanted to take Hope with him to warn the Lightweaver, but it was too late. She enjoyed her new existence as a Shadow dragon so much that she joined the Shadowbinder for the invasion, no longer giving Boston's opinion a second thought due to her envy. [*]Desperate and upset, Boston became a Wind dragon and used his newfound flying speed to return to the Lightweaver. He told her everything he knew of the invasion in the hopes that she could rally her forces to stop it. [*]After the invasion, Boston remained with the Lightweaver, using his newfound speed and exploratory nature to serve as a scout and alert her of any other forthcoming attacks. There's a hole in his heart where Hope once was. He feels due to her Tundra nature that she's long forgotten him by now, and fears that she will live under the eyes of the Shadowbinder forever, immersed in games and trickery. He wishes with all his heart that he could go back and save her, but given how she became in the last days he knew her, he fears there may not be a chance... [*]Meanwhile, Hope remains a Shadow dragon and enjoys her new life, but there's a nagging feeling in her mind the whole time. It makes it so that she can't find as much delight in puzzles and japes as her peers. Memories claw at her subconscious. Somewhere, deep down, she can tell that there's a piece of her left behind in a land far brighter than the Tangled Wood. She knows someone is out there who can give her answers. But where? [/LIST]
{Site Lore} What are your theories on Boston and Hope?
Suggested by @SgtCredo

Because I want everyone to be on the same page before diving into this prompt, this post will be longer than usual. If you aren't familiar with who Boston and Hope are or would like a refresher, feel free to read the Context section below! It's a rollercoaster from start to finish. XD If you're already familiar with them and the events surrounding them, then feel free to skip to the Prompt section instead. :D It follows the iconic image in Boston and Hope's profiles -- you'll know the one!

As a quick disclaimer for the Context section: I wasn't a Flight Rising user at the time of its events. The summary is based on information I found from other forum posts and polling older members. If you were around at the time and if you are positive that any of this information is inaccurate, or if there is more that I haven't mentioned, please don't hesitate to say so, especially if you have citations!

And so, without further ado….

{*}

Context:

EDIT: @catgame21234 informed me that Boston and Hope were made as Flight Rising's way to pay condolences for the Boston bombings. Thank you for telling me this; I wouldn't have left it out if I had known.

Boston the Spiral and Hope the Tundra are, as of now, the only dragons of "normal" breeds who live in deity lairs -- the Lightweaver's and the Shadowbinder's, respectively.

They originated in the Lightweaver's lair as Earth dragons, but transferred over to the Shadowbinder's for a while. Somehow, they changed elements to Shadow dragons during the transition from the Lightweaver to the Shadowbinder -- a feat which may seem impossible in a lore sense, since a dragon's elemental magic is an integral part of their life energy (citation needed!). Afterwards, Boston returned to the Lightweaver and somehow changed elements once again, this time to a Wind dragon. Hope, however, remains a Shadow dragon in the Shadowbinder's lair to this day.

However, the strangeness of Boston and Hope's legacy doesn't end there! It is possible that they had some role to play in an invasion of the Light Flight's territory by Shadow.

During the time Boston and Hope were in the Shadowbinder's lair together as Shadow dragons, the Shadowbinder posted this ominous statement:

Shadowbinder wrote on 2014-08-09 19:49:41:
We need more warriors on the eastern shore... send them to me, minions...

While this may not seem immediately connected to Boston and Hope, Boston was returned to the Lightweaver minutes later, prompting her to post this on a separate thread not long after:

Lightweaver wrote on 2014-08-09 19:55:22:
The delightful purple spiral has returned, but I've never seen him without his tundra companion. There's something strange afoot.

!!!

The beacon is under attack from the east! Binder's forces appear to have sent several of Tidelord's brood to her service. Enlist more protectors, my children. We must keep our hold on the ruins from these tricky invaders!

(It is safe to assume that the beacon the Lightweaver is referring to is the Beacon of the Radiant Eye.)

Whether or not there is other information regarding this battle is unclear, but given the nature of these messages, it is implied that the return of Boston without Hope is linked to it. However, correlation does not equal causation, so interpreting Boston's arrival as coincidental bad timing (or anything of the sort) is also an option!

Apart from these instances, the Lightweaver had also spoken of Boston in particular over the course of three prior posts, found (chronologically) here, here, and here. In short, they call him out for having an insatiable appetite and refer to him as "wily." For the sake of more complete context, the last quote will have the post the Lightweaver is responding to as well, even though the linked version only has her pinging the user who wrote it:

Lightweaver wrote on 2013-09-15 22:03:43:
...Spiral dragons sure can eat a lot. Where do they keep it all? I'm dreadfully curious, but I'm afraid that I'm being eaten right out of my tower. I suppose I could just ask, but he has not actually stopped eating long enough to speak much with me.
Lightweaver wrote on 2013-10-25 18:12:29:
He... won't stop eating. He won't stop eating.
Lightweaver wrote on 2013-11-05 16:10:58:
warriorjames wrote on 2013-11-02 18:39:18:
Bump...with an idea for @Lightweaver to solve her...uh...well, her food situation that this Spiral in her lair has her in: Build a storage room for her that she can keep her food in. Plus, it can only be opened with a unique combination that she can do.

I'm pretty sure she would be on-board for this.

...A storage room, you say? Some manner of lock? Perhaps the @Flamecaller would be so kind as to forge me one... and perhaps the @Arcanist would spell it for me. It must be strong, you see, for I do not think much less would hold the wily Boston at bay for long.

As a segue from the topic of Boston having quite an appetite, it is worth mentioning that neither Boston nor Hope are currently fed, even though the Lightweaver and Shadowbinder are.

The last noteworthy piece of context to share is that Boston and Hope's profiles both consist of a single picture, seen below. It conveys them together with their original Earth eyes, surrounded by hearts, with the caption "boston x hope otp," which indicates that the nature of their relationship is (or once was) a romantic one.

tumblr_ms1suneO171sc8dm0o1_500.png

{*}

Prompt:

For this prompt, we'll be sharing any and all theories, headcanons, and analyses that relate to Boston and Hope! Feel free to bounce your thoughts and ideas off of other users, pull information from the Spiral and Tundra breed pages, examine the world map, and/or answer any (or all!) of the following questions:

• What other things can we insinuate about Boston's initial personality based on Lightweaver's comments about him? Do you think his personality might have changed in the events surrounding his leaving to join the Shadowbinder and/or returning to the Lightweaver and leaving Hope behind? If so, how?

• We already know some things about Boston as a person, but not a lot about Hope. What do you think she's currently like? Do you think her personality might have changed in the events surrounding her leaving to join the Shadowbinder and/or staying behind when Boston returned to the Lightweaver? If so, how?

• What is the nature of Boston and Hope's current relationship? Has it changed since they were considered an OTP (aka: at the beginning when they were both Earth dragons)?

• Why did Boston and Hope move from the Lightweaver's lair to the Shadowbinder's? Was it a decision they made, or was it out of their control?

• How on Sornieth did Boston and Hope change elements during these transitions? Why would Boston's element change to Wind when he returned to the Lightweaver even though he (like Hope) became a Shadow dragon when he went to the Shadowbinder?

• Why did Boston return to the Lightweaver's lair without Hope? On the same vein, why did Hope remain with the Shadowbinder while her (perhaps former) romantic partner left? Were these decisions they made, or were they out of their control?

• Do you believe they were involved during that attack on the Beacon of the Radiant Eye? If so, what role(s) might they have had to play?

{*}

Some Thoughts:

I really wish I could have put together a full, cited theory for this prompt, but I still barely have had enough time to put everything together! ^^; So, even though I've been thinking about it a lot and mulling over all of this interesting information, I fear I don't have one cohesive, epic theory to share right off the bat with everyone.

I do, however, have a more rough story idea to share! :D As always, feel free to build upon them or suggest alternatives!

• Before going to the Shadowbinder's lair, I imagine Boston and Hope were an "opposites attract" kind of couple. Boston was a bold and energetic Spiral with a fearsome appetite, a thirst for adventure, and a cunning mind; on the flip side, Hope may not have been the brightest, but she was patient, careful, sweet, and level-headed. True to being Earth dragons, what brought them together was a mutual love for Sornieth's history. They were inseparable and couldn't imagine doing research without the other.

• They could have been members of the Lightweaver's lair in the beginning because she saw great potential in their search for historical knowledge and wished to support their endeavors in her realm. She offered them a place to stay at the Beacon of the Radiant Eye where she resides. Also, on the sillier side, perhaps she shipped them and drew the OTP picture.

• While I have no idea how Boston and Hope's elements shifted, I like to believe that the change(s) in their elements symbolized a change in their perspective. More on that in the following bullets! ^^

• I imagine that the reason Boston and Hope left for the Tangled Wood was to take a well-deserved vacation. The Lightweaver was sad to see them go (even though her food stores would be relieved to be rid of Boston for a while), but asked the Shadowbinder if she could host them. The Shadowbinder, with ulterior motives in mind, accepted.

• While in the Tangled Wood, the Shadowbinder encouraged Boston and Hope to party a bit too hard. She siphoned information about the Beacon of the Radiant Eye whenever either of them felt chatty, though Boston was her primary source. Meanwhile, Boston and Hope were delighted and immersed in Shadow culture for a while, spending hours upon hours gaming the night away.

• Somewhere in there, they changed elements, and Hope began to grow resentful whenever Boston's cleverness yielded him a win. Her new drive for victory turned her into a cold, jealous person. Boston had never taken her to be a sore loser nor the type to hold a grudge before -- it didn't seem like her -- but he figured that, like most instances of disagreement in the past, it would pass eventually.

• After a while, the Shadowbinder called upon her children to join her on an invasion of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. In horror, Boston realized that this invasion couldn't have been planned without him running his mouth. He wanted to take Hope with him to warn the Lightweaver, but it was too late. She enjoyed her new existence as a Shadow dragon so much that she joined the Shadowbinder for the invasion, no longer giving Boston's opinion a second thought due to her envy.

• Desperate and upset, Boston became a Wind dragon and used his newfound flying speed to return to the Lightweaver. He told her everything he knew of the invasion in the hopes that she could rally her forces to stop it.

• After the invasion, Boston remained with the Lightweaver, using his newfound speed and exploratory nature to serve as a scout and alert her of any other forthcoming attacks. There's a hole in his heart where Hope once was. He feels due to her Tundra nature that she's long forgotten him by now, and fears that she will live under the eyes of the Shadowbinder forever, immersed in games and trickery. He wishes with all his heart that he could go back and save her, but given how she became in the last days he knew her, he fears there may not be a chance...

• Meanwhile, Hope remains a Shadow dragon and enjoys her new life, but there's a nagging feeling in her mind the whole time. It makes it so that she can't find as much delight in puzzles and japes as her peers. Memories claw at her subconscious. Somewhere, deep down, she can tell that there's a piece of her left behind in a land far brighter than the Tangled Wood. She knows someone is out there who can give her answers. But where?
I'm not sure about boston and hope specifically but, the wording of some of the lightweaver and shadowbinder's statements makes me think that flights invading eachother to kidnap their members as slaves for the exalted forces isn't an event that's totally unheard of.
Boston and hope are also significant for having actually met the deities in person, which in the past the admins have stated basically never happens at all to the point where it's amazing they're still considered anything more than hatchling's tales. Also the obvious implication that the deities are somehow capable of changing a dragon's element (Unless all of this is non-canon and they admins were just having fun, of course).
I'm not sure about boston and hope specifically but, the wording of some of the lightweaver and shadowbinder's statements makes me think that flights invading eachother to kidnap their members as slaves for the exalted forces isn't an event that's totally unheard of.
Boston and hope are also significant for having actually met the deities in person, which in the past the admins have stated basically never happens at all to the point where it's amazing they're still considered anything more than hatchling's tales. Also the obvious implication that the deities are somehow capable of changing a dragon's element (Unless all of this is non-canon and they admins were just having fun, of course).
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[columns][b]Bounty of the Elements Foot Notes[/b] [center][b]Part 1[/b][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gmxEOO.png[/img] [left]March 6 - March 15 2018[/left] [nextcol] I take notes on the entries added to the Encyclopedia that where added in the Bounty of the Elements update, documenting all facts about cannon we can gather from just the text alone. [b]Click on the symbol you wish to read. A link to the entry will be there too. Warning, spoilers, but it'll be safe to click on to be taken to the main article if you can't find it. [/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2393559#post_2393559][img]https://i.imgur.com/GStRQaL.png[/img] [b] Lore we learned from Kindred Crossing[/b][/url] [b]Recommended Pages to Read:[/b] First post[/columns] I theoried in another thread that the tundra that was mentioned was the tundra in shadowbinder's lair. And the information gathered here only further confirmed it. [b]We need more warriors on the eastern shore... send them to me, minions... [/b] It would make sence that the tundra would hold something valuabol like that to go over to the other side. There is zero reason why else the tundra would hold someonthing like that. Also yes in the story Kinder crossing the POV character calls them a "guy" or "some dude" but again this is a teenage dragon / a younger dragon at that, and you always call other people dudes because it is just [i]faster[/i] also [quote] it is implied that the return of Boston without Hope is linked to it. However, correlation does not equal causation, so interpreting Boston's arrival as coincidental bad timing (or anything of the sort) is also an option! [/quote] No, given the sights lore habbits of droping information I say this is a direct link to one another *puts on my mafia playing days glasses* [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/REWZm7O.png[/img][nextcol] Given that Shadowbinder made that post on 2014-08-09 [b]19:49:41[/b] This would be 7:49 PM in w/e time zone this was on. That date would have been August 9th SATURDAY at 7:49 PM. Now assuming that this is posted in an amarican IP adress a saterday night to post soemthing by a """""Mod"""""" / offical acount, you tend to want to target a time period where [b]as many people[/b] would see that post at once. And what better time than on a weekend evning? Furthermore Lightweaver made a follow up post at [b]19:55:22 [/b] or [b]7:55 pm on the same daay[/b]. That was a 5 minnet window gap. You do [b]NOT[/b] make something unrelated when the time frame is THAT close to one another. The events are connected from just timing alone.[/columns] [columns] Now here's where the speculation comes in however. Sornieth is 1.5 times the size of the planet and Shadowbinder's troops where able to get there in less than 5 minutes, and I will be useing 5 minutes as my time frame because the time code for shadowbinder's message was at [b]49 minutes and 41 seconds[/b]/ Assuming that this was done in real time within the FR world they would have to travel such a huge distance in order to get there. [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4LDGi.png[/img][/columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/KV4fedT.png[/img] A long time ago I attempted to calculate the size of sornieth for the very first RP i was doing and if you are still in the lightning flight you will be able to read this thread here. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2110207 At the time however I miss calculated and forgot to bump up my numbers at 1.5 but these should still give you a sence of scale if the planet was our human sized [img]http://i.imgur.com/fXRxIWm.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/m0QkOtE.jpg[/img] This is a massive space to cover in, the nature flight is the size of our rshia for crying out loud. So how, even in a world of flying dragons, was shadowbinder able to get so many troops at to another contenet in 5 minuts? [i]Simple. [/i] [quote]This was it, his big chance to escape the mundanity of his life! A portal had opened up to the unknown, and wherever it lead had to be better than here! He moved forward, pulling free of his mother’s grasp. “So long, suckers! I’m going on an adventure!” His mother gave out a squawk of protest as he bounded down the floating stone steps, stopping momentarily to retrieve the carved stone. Turning back to his mother he shouted "Don't let Murken touch my action figures!" And without another moment’s hesitation, he dove through the wall of shadow in front of him. [/quote] They used teleportation to get there. [i]mass[/i] teleportation at that. [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/REWZm7O.png[/img][nextcol] "BUT WAIT!" you say. "This lore is 4 years appart, how can these two events be POSIAOBLY conected?" Well my dear reader All i have to say to you is this: [b]Keep reading.[/b][/columns] [quote]"You're in the [b]eastern[/b] quarter of the Hewn City, and you've got a lot of explaining to do."[/quote] [columns] Isaac Arthur, a youtube creator whom takes a realistic lens to all things scifi and relating to space travel, hesitated on the past about talking about how Space warfair would opporate because he stated that the tools of war define what type of battles that are faught. This is why WW1 was so bloody and deadly, its because the killing methods where more advance than the healing. Teleportation would drasticaly cut travel time and cause mayhem for anyone whom had to compeat with it. And as implyed in the lore book. this is rare and near unheard of canonicaly forodds are these ritruals have been going on for quite some time. After all, that pool was used to give DIRECT GIFTS to the Shadowbinder~ May i also add on that Kindred in Kindred Corssing means [b]family[/b] and what are Bosten and Hope known for? Shipping, love, the hopes to make a family. [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4LDGi.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/REWZm7O.png[/img][nextcol] Everything is conected. You can not ignor what is directly infront of you. You have to make these leaps in logic and trust in your methidology to prove you write or wrong. Something like this also happend with the lore book Raising a Family. [/columns] [columns][b]Bounty of the Elements Foot Notes[/b] [center][b]Part 1[/b][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gmxEOO.png[/img] [left]March 6 - March 15 2018[/left] [nextcol] I take notes on the entries added to the Encyclopedia that where added in the Bounty of the Elements update, documenting all facts about cannon we can gather from just the text alone. [b]Click on the symbol you wish to read. A link to the entry will be there too. Warning, spoilers, but it'll be safe to click on to be taken to the main article if you can't find it. [/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2396303#post_2396303] [img]https://i.imgur.com/h64ZzQn.png[/img] [b] Lore we learned from Raising A Family[/b][/url] [b]Recommended Pages to Read:[/b] First post[/columns] The canonic lore of this event is that there was a huge magical boom to the Dragon world making the magic so ritch and abudent. However prior to this event[b] http://undel.tumblr.com/post/90651058102/headcanon-time[/b] [size=6]Cannonly emporors can only have 4 heads [img]https://i.imgur.com/IoPJsg2.png[/img] but now it only takes 3[/size] -------------- -------------- -------------- *takes off glasses* [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/1JNiJ0g.png[/img][nextcol] The world of Sornieth is changing, and I am quite happy for that. I love that they are keeping older lore in mind as they press forward on. I don't know what the future will hold for Bosten and hope, but I know that they have forever impacted the sight, and our hearts as a whole. What a great way to spin a tragic event in my eyes … … …[/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/HbJRBWD.png[/img][nextcol] … … … Also you should proiaboly add that Bosten and Hope are in the game because of the Bostin Bombings that happend around that time in the United States and it was FR's way to pay it's condolences to that tragic event. Just saying, we can't forget the IRL implications of this as well. That would be truly disrespectful.[nextcol][/columns] [s]going to ping my users here because this was a significant revolution in lore for me.[/s] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2380813/1#post_2380813]Lore buddy[/url] ping list: [b](add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)[/b] [size=7]Please remove this ping list so that you don't ping +100 users.[/size] [s]my internet keeps me from editing posts fast enough and properly[/s] [size=1][size=1][size=1]@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664 @Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari @CosmicTrash @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @MidnightWatcher @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover @Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff @Ketzexi @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas @rluie @Sparkbreeze @aly922 @buggy101 @WhiteGrizzly @ilimati [/size][/size][/size] ~ ~ ~ temp additions for "lore we learned from Bounty of the Elements" @duskflower @Chrysanthss
Bounty of the Elements Foot Notes
Part 1
9gmxEOO.png
March 6 - March 15 2018
I take notes on the entries added to the Encyclopedia that where added in the Bounty of the Elements update, documenting all facts about cannon we can gather from just the text alone.
Click on the symbol you wish to read. A link to the entry will be there too. Warning, spoilers, but it'll be safe to click on to be taken to the main article if you can't find it.

GStRQaL.png
Lore we learned from Kindred Crossing

Recommended Pages to Read:
First post

I theoried in another thread that the tundra that was mentioned was the tundra in shadowbinder's lair. And the information gathered here only further confirmed it.

We need more warriors on the eastern shore... send them to me, minions...

It would make sence that the tundra would hold something valuabol like that to go over to the other side. There is zero reason why else the tundra would hold someonthing like that.
Also yes in the story Kinder crossing the POV character calls them a "guy" or "some dude" but again this is a teenage dragon / a younger dragon at that, and you always call other people dudes because it is just faster

also

Quote:
it is implied that the return of Boston without Hope is linked to it. However, correlation does not equal causation, so interpreting Boston's arrival as coincidental bad timing (or anything of the sort) is also an option!
No, given the sights lore habbits of droping information I say this is a direct link to one another

*puts on my mafia playing days glasses*

REWZm7O.png Given that Shadowbinder made that post on 2014-08-09 19:49:41 This would be 7:49 PM in w/e time zone this was on. That date would have been August 9th SATURDAY at 7:49 PM. Now assuming that this is posted in an amarican IP adress a saterday night to post soemthing by a """""Mod"""""" / offical acount, you tend to want to target a time period where as many people would see that post at once. And what better time than on a weekend evning? Furthermore Lightweaver made a follow up post at 19:55:22 or 7:55 pm on the same daay. That was a 5 minnet window gap. You do NOT make something unrelated when the time frame is THAT close to one another. The events are connected from just timing alone.

Now here's where the speculation comes in however. Sornieth is 1.5 times the size of the planet and Shadowbinder's troops where able to get there in less than 5 minutes, and I will be useing 5 minutes as my time frame because the time code for shadowbinder's message was at 49 minutes and 41 seconds/ Assuming that this was done in real time within the FR world they would have to travel such a huge distance in order to get there. JW4LDGi.png

KV4fedT.png
A long time ago I attempted to calculate the size of sornieth for the very first RP i was doing and if you are still in the lightning flight you will be able to read this thread here.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2110207

At the time however I miss calculated and forgot to bump up my numbers at 1.5 but these should still give you a sence of scale if the planet was our human sized

fXRxIWm.png

m0QkOtE.jpg

This is a massive space to cover in, the nature flight is the size of our rshia for crying out loud.
So how, even in a world of flying dragons, was shadowbinder able to get so many troops at to another contenet in 5 minuts?
Simple.

Quote:
This was it, his big chance to escape the mundanity of his life! A portal had opened up to the unknown, and wherever it lead had to be better than here! He moved forward, pulling free of his mother’s grasp. “So long, suckers! I’m going on an adventure!” His mother gave out a squawk of protest as he bounded down the floating stone steps, stopping momentarily to retrieve the carved stone. Turning back to his mother he shouted "Don't let Murken touch my action figures!" And without another moment’s hesitation, he dove through the wall of shadow in front of him.

They used teleportation to get there.
mass teleportation at that.

REWZm7O.png "BUT WAIT!" you say. "This lore is 4 years appart, how can these two events be POSIAOBLY conected?" Well my dear reader All i have to say to you is this: Keep reading.

Quote:
"You're in the eastern quarter of the Hewn City, and you've got a lot of explaining to do."

Isaac Arthur, a youtube creator whom takes a realistic lens to all things scifi and relating to space travel, hesitated on the past about talking about how Space warfair would opporate because he stated that the tools of war define what type of battles that are faught. This is why WW1 was so bloody and deadly, its because the killing methods where more advance than the healing. Teleportation would drasticaly cut travel time and cause mayhem for anyone whom had to compeat with it. And as implyed in the lore book. this is rare and near unheard of canonicaly forodds are these ritruals have been going on for quite some time. After all, that pool was used to give DIRECT GIFTS to the Shadowbinder~

May i also add on that Kindred in Kindred Corssing means family and what are Bosten and Hope known for? Shipping, love, the hopes to make a family.
JW4LDGi.png

REWZm7O.png Everything is conected. You can not ignor what is directly infront of you. You have to make these leaps in logic and trust in your methidology to prove you write or wrong. Something like this also happend with the lore book Raising a Family.
Bounty of the Elements Foot Notes
Part 1
9gmxEOO.png
March 6 - March 15 2018
I take notes on the entries added to the Encyclopedia that where added in the Bounty of the Elements update, documenting all facts about cannon we can gather from just the text alone.
Click on the symbol you wish to read. A link to the entry will be there too. Warning, spoilers, but it'll be safe to click on to be taken to the main article if you can't find it.

h64ZzQn.png
Lore we learned from Raising A Family

Recommended Pages to Read:
First post

The canonic lore of this event is that there was a huge magical boom to the Dragon world making the magic so ritch and abudent.

However prior to this event
http://undel.tumblr.com/post/90651058102/headcanon-time

Cannonly emporors can only have 4 heads

IoPJsg2.png

but now it only takes 3

*takes off glasses*

1JNiJ0g.png The world of Sornieth is changing, and I am quite happy for that. I love that they are keeping older lore in mind as they press forward on. I don't know what the future will hold for Bosten and hope, but I know that they have forever impacted the sight, and our hearts as a whole. What a great way to spin a tragic event in my eyes

HbJRBWD.png

Also you should proiaboly add that Bosten and Hope are in the game because of the Bostin Bombings that happend around that time in the United States and it was FR's way to pay it's condolences to that tragic event. Just saying, we can't forget the IRL implications of this as well. That would be truly disrespectful.

going to ping my users here because this was a significant revolution in lore for me.

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

Please remove this ping list so that you don't ping +100 users. my internet keeps me from editing posts fast enough and properly
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari @CosmicTrash @W1F1N1GHTM4R3
@MidnightWatcher @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff @Ketzexi @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas @rluie
@Sparkbreeze @aly922 @buggy101 @WhiteGrizzly @ilimati

~ ~ ~
temp additions for "lore we learned from Bounty of the Elements"
@duskflower @Chrysanthss
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name="@catgame21234" date="2018-04-15 08:53:44" ] Also you should proiaboly add that Bosten and Hope are in the game because of the Bostin Bombings that happend around that time in the United States and it was FR's way to pay it's condolences to that tragic event. Just saying, we can't forget the IRL implications of this as well. That would be truly disrespectful. [/quote] Thank you so much for telling me this; I had no idea! I've just added it to the prompt post.
@catgame21234 wrote on 2018-04-15 08:53:44:
Also you should proiaboly add that Bosten and Hope are in the game because of the Bostin Bombings that happend around that time in the United States and it was FR's way to pay it's condolences to that tragic event. Just saying, we can't forget the IRL implications of this as well. That would be truly disrespectful.

Thank you so much for telling me this; I had no idea! I've just added it to the prompt post.
----- ----- @Ragnarok42 [quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2018-04-15 08:08:16" ] I'm not sure about boston and hope specifically but, the wording of some of the lightweaver and shadowbinder's statements makes me think that flights invading eachother to kidnap their members as slaves for the exalted forces isn't an event that's totally unheard of.[/quote] An interesting thought! And I think this actually could be confirmed in the most recent [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2125195/176#post_32568512]Ask the team[/url]: [quote name="Aequorin"] Dragons exalted to serve their deities will work as an army dedicated fully to advancing the agendas of their god. Typically they don't receive direct instructions, and will try and secure borders and expand territory, drive out Beastclans, and eradicate Shade remnants. Not all of this is done through fighting, as many dragons that are exalted up through the ranks of their flight will serve as hunters, messengers, craftsmen, architects, scientists, scholars, and healers.[/quote] Exalted dragons seem to fight for their territory, and taking hostages is a common tactic in war with a lot of uses. [quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2018-04-15 08:08:16" ] Boston and hope are also significant for having actually met the deities in person, which in the past the admins have stated basically never happens at all to the point where it's amazing they're still considered anything more than hatchling's tales. Also the obvious implication that the deities are somehow capable of changing a dragon's element (Unless all of this is non-canon and they admins were just having fun, of course).[/quote] They truly are more than tales, I would even say ... prophets. Maybe this whole element changing business is some kind of foreshadowing? This is a very loose theory, but what if the change from both dragons from earth to shadow and then Boston's change to wind is foreshadowing for the result of Bounty of the Elements. What it could mean? [i]No idea.[/i] As I said, it's just a thought. The time period between the Boston & Hope incident and BOTE is big in our world, but maybe Sornieth's lore is just very stretched! [s]And as a matter of fact, Windsinger [i]is[/i] kind of acting ... off?[/s] ----- @catgame21234 I am impressed how determined you are! Seldom people would go the way you went. It makes a lot of sense that the portal in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=96]Kindred Crossing[/url] could be used for war movements. But with that theory we would also need to dig deeper into Sornieth's portal-mechanics. Shadowbinder's army went through the portal and ended up in the Light territory, WITH Shadowbinder's approvement. Can my Shadowmomma open the portal at will? Or is it more of a natural phenomenon? It would be a huge coincidence if it would be latter, so I will assume the first is more likely. With that in mind, let's go back to Kindred Crossing. It happened after the Boston & Hope thing, and again a portal opened to the Light Territory. Does this imply that the portal is anchored to the Thorndark Alter and the Hewn city? (Hewn City is actually an area with similar weather to the Tangled Woods!) My first question would be: Since I doubt a deity like Lightweaver wouldn't know about this portal, why didn't she destroy it? Do my Shadowmomma and Lightweaver have an alliance, even with their rivalry dominating their relationship? I know this sounds very unlikely, but then again look: the Emperor from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=101]Raising a Family[/url] rose from it's own grave and at the same time Shadow's portal opened, leading Umbrann to the Light Territory. Any additions/ideas/criticism? [s]AND I am sorry if it's incomprehensable bubbling![/s]

@Ragnarok42
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2018-04-15 08:08:16:

An interesting thought! And I think this actually could be confirmed in the most recent Ask the team:
Aequorin wrote:
Dragons exalted to serve their deities will work as an army dedicated fully to advancing the agendas of their god. Typically they don't receive direct instructions, and will try and secure borders and expand territory, drive out Beastclans, and eradicate Shade remnants.

Not all of this is done through fighting, as many dragons that are exalted up through the ranks of their flight will serve as hunters, messengers, craftsmen, architects, scientists, scholars, and healers.

Exalted dragons seem to fight for their territory, and taking hostages is a common tactic in war with a lot of uses.

Ragnarok42 wrote on 2018-04-15 08:08:16:

They truly are more than tales, I would even say ... prophets. Maybe this whole element changing business is some kind of foreshadowing? This is a very loose theory, but what if the change from both dragons from earth to shadow and then Boston's change to wind is foreshadowing for the result of Bounty of the Elements. What it could mean? No idea. As I said, it's just a thought. The time period between the Boston & Hope incident and BOTE is big in our world, but maybe Sornieth's lore is just very stretched! And as a matter of fact, Windsinger is kind of acting ... off?

@catgame21234

I am impressed how determined you are! Seldom people would go the way you went. It makes a lot of sense that the portal in Kindred Crossing could be used for war movements. But with that theory we would also need to dig deeper into Sornieth's portal-mechanics. Shadowbinder's army went through the portal and ended up in the Light territory, WITH Shadowbinder's approvement. Can my Shadowmomma open the portal at will? Or is it more of a natural phenomenon? It would be a huge coincidence if it would be latter, so I will assume the first is more likely. With that in mind, let's go back to Kindred Crossing. It happened after the Boston & Hope thing, and again a portal opened to the Light Territory. Does this imply that the portal is anchored to the Thorndark Alter and the Hewn city? (Hewn City is actually an area with similar weather to the Tangled Woods!) My first question would be: Since I doubt a deity like Lightweaver wouldn't know about this portal, why didn't she destroy it? Do my Shadowmomma and Lightweaver have an alliance, even with their rivalry dominating their relationship? I know this sounds very unlikely, but then again look: the Emperor from Raising a Family rose from it's own grave and at the same time Shadow's portal opened, leading Umbrann to the Light Territory.

Any additions/ideas/criticism?

AND I am sorry if it's incomprehensable bubbling!
FooterAds.gif
@SgtCredo

honey if you where impressed like that go read my other theories i linked to

first question would be: Since I doubt a deity like Lightweaver wouldn't know about this portal, why didn't she destroy it?

= = =

no she woudlnt no the portal was there because her primary objective after that scirmish would have been to close off all paths. I dbout she found out about that spot.

Second tbh lightweaver your an ideot to have a shadow esk area be in your domain in the first place that conects to the damn east boarder.

third no there is no allience canonicaly they all hate echother.

4th) perhhaps the boost in magic in the world made the portal reactivate again. After all as i said before 4emporoers where needed to make a beast, now its only3

>re-reading my own post

man i do go ham is that okay? •_•;;
@SgtCredo

honey if you where impressed like that go read my other theories i linked to

first question would be: Since I doubt a deity like Lightweaver wouldn't know about this portal, why didn't she destroy it?

= = =

no she woudlnt no the portal was there because her primary objective after that scirmish would have been to close off all paths. I dbout she found out about that spot.

Second tbh lightweaver your an ideot to have a shadow esk area be in your domain in the first place that conects to the damn east boarder.

third no there is no allience canonicaly they all hate echother.

4th) perhhaps the boost in magic in the world made the portal reactivate again. After all as i said before 4emporoers where needed to make a beast, now its only3

>re-reading my own post

man i do go ham is that okay? •_•;;
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
I don't know for sure since I wasn't on side when this had happened, but didn't shadowmama changed her broadcast message to "My children always come home" when Boston and Hope came to her? Sadly I also have no proof of it, so maybe I'm remembering things wrong ^^''

For my own headcannons, I think that Boston and Hope are tragic lovers, torn apart by their deities will. They were spies for the shadowbinder in the fight and thus apearing in lightweavers lair, when they were done with their job they returned to shadowbinder to give her the information they had collected. Their original elements, the ones they have now, were concealed by Shadowbinder, so as not to arouse suspicion. But because Shadowbinder wanted to stay informed on Lightweavers movement, she was going to send them both out again, just this time Boston offered to go alone, since he was a wind dragon and Shadowbinder wouldn't had to conceal his element and most important for him Hope would be safe.
He is to this day waiting for Shadowbinders request to come back or some information important enough to warrant his return.

So yeah, they kinda were involved in the attack on the beacon, but more passiv as they relayed the information needed to start the attack.
I'm not sure about their personalities, I imagined Hope always being the more gentle and kind one that is loyal to a fault, and Boston the more bold and determined one, wily definitely, but more loyal to Hope than to his deity. Given the tundras nature Hope isn't missing Boston too much, though she would notice something is missing, while Boston holds onto his memories of her dearly and it's what gives him strength.

(Though I really like your idea about them very much too!)
I don't know for sure since I wasn't on side when this had happened, but didn't shadowmama changed her broadcast message to "My children always come home" when Boston and Hope came to her? Sadly I also have no proof of it, so maybe I'm remembering things wrong ^^''

For my own headcannons, I think that Boston and Hope are tragic lovers, torn apart by their deities will. They were spies for the shadowbinder in the fight and thus apearing in lightweavers lair, when they were done with their job they returned to shadowbinder to give her the information they had collected. Their original elements, the ones they have now, were concealed by Shadowbinder, so as not to arouse suspicion. But because Shadowbinder wanted to stay informed on Lightweavers movement, she was going to send them both out again, just this time Boston offered to go alone, since he was a wind dragon and Shadowbinder wouldn't had to conceal his element and most important for him Hope would be safe.
He is to this day waiting for Shadowbinders request to come back or some information important enough to warrant his return.

So yeah, they kinda were involved in the attack on the beacon, but more passiv as they relayed the information needed to start the attack.
I'm not sure about their personalities, I imagined Hope always being the more gentle and kind one that is loyal to a fault, and Boston the more bold and determined one, wily definitely, but more loyal to Hope than to his deity. Given the tundras nature Hope isn't missing Boston too much, though she would notice something is missing, while Boston holds onto his memories of her dearly and it's what gives him strength.

(Though I really like your idea about them very much too!)
ukDKhF5.png