Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | In-game wishlist/plans system
1 2 3 4 5
first of all i [b]know[/b] stuff like this has been suggested multiple times, BUT this is not just a request, i promise! the idea came to me in a dream last night, and i'm surprised of how good (decent?) it was! you can find the original thread [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3184954/1#post_3184954]here[/url]. i originally posted it on FRD because i thought it was just a silly dream, but a lot of people seemed to like it so i decided to make an actual suggestion! now i'll stop talking and i'll go straight to the point. The idea would be an in-game wishlist system that allows you to create dragon plans and keep track of the items you need easily and all in one place. no more spending 5 hours checking your 70 g1s' plans to make a list of all the genes and apparel pieces you need. no more confusing spreadsheets. it would be a new section on crim's page, saying that she is grateful for your help expanding her hoard and that She'd like to help you keep track of yours. (visuals, my editing skills are not the best lol) (IMPORTANT NOTE; i know nothing about user interface design and stuff, all i show here is what i remember from my dream with a few tweaks for it to make more sense. i'd say critique on the UI part is fine, but it's not like i can do much about it. it's just a [b]visual[/b] to make it easier to understand and add quality to the post. keep that in mind!) [img]https://i.imgur.com/N0a5Qyo.png[/img] clicking on "manage" would take you to a page with 3 big buttons: familiars, dragons/outfits and other items (this could use some improvements) the familiars part would be similar to the undiscovered tab on the bestiary, maybe with smaller images to fit more familiars in one page. you can add familiars manually or it would also have an "add all undiscovered familiars to the wishlist" option. the items tab is similar to the hoard, each item has "-" and "+" buttons under it to add the exact amount you need. it would also show how much you have compared to your "goal" (like 3/40) for example, you need 20 gradish for a swipp trade, you could either click the + button 19 times or directly write the amount by clicking on the 0/1 text. you could share BBCode's of a wishlist item, and it would have the "gift" option, so other people could gift you an item by clicking on the widget. (it would have at least 2 confirmation windows to avoid missclicks, don't worry) If the gift button appears in red, it means the person looking at it doesn't own said item. there could also be an option to share a full list (for example all your familiars on your wishlist) and make it similar to the map location code but with a scrollbar so the list doesn't clutter a post if it's too long [u](i know this might encourage begging, and i might not like this part as much as the others, honestly. i added it because it was part of the dream and i kept it because i don't see too much of a negative impact. people always finds a way to beg anyway)[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/y5FP87L.png[/img] once you send a gift to someone, they will recieve a notification saying which item they got and who gave it to them. there could be an option for the gift to remain anonymous. (you could probably turn these notifications off i guess) [img]https://i.imgur.com/z8a1hDZ.png[/img] the dragons page would be similar to how your saved outfits show up on the dressing room, each (square?) being one different plan. you could save dragon plans and share them as widgets, similar to scries and outfits. clicking on them would take you to the full page showing all the required items. to create a dragon plan You need to link it to a scry or saved outfit. (you can make saves with just outfits, just scries or mix both! you can also attach plans to existing dragons) [img]https://i.imgur.com/sY1jqwZ.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/zCTMady.png[/img] the plan page showed the dragon on the left and the items on the right. items that were not applied to the dragon, like genes and apparel would display in black and white. (i am aware that the order of the items or just the way they're displayed can be improved. remember, i'm not an UI expert! just funny visuals!) the folder button would let you import (add) outfits to a scry plan and viceversa, and the share button would give you the plan's code to post on the forums, dragon bios or clan info. [img]https://i.imgur.com/AOrjJox.png[/img] completed plans (and/or wishes?) would be automatically removed from your wishlist, but you could turn this off or add them back if you wanted to.[u] it could also an option to make your wishlist public or private (public would add a button leading to your wishlist on your clan profile, anyone can see it. private would only give access through specific links you share) [/u] it would also give crim a new use, since almost no one checks her anymore. She'd look more kind and less of an eliminate-stealer! (/hj) so that's basically it, i guess! thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed my suggestion :D [size=1]if you're going to give me some kind of feedback i'd appreciate if you used tone indicators, i tend to overthink critiques quite often. (the reason why i hestitated on posting this here, but a lot of people encouraged me so here it is!) and also I've noticed a few peeps comment on things that I've already adressed, so keep that in mind too![/size]
first of all i know stuff like this has been suggested multiple times, BUT this is not just a request, i promise!
the idea came to me in a dream last night, and i'm surprised of how good (decent?) it was! you can find the original thread here.
i originally posted it on FRD because i thought it was just a silly dream, but a lot of people seemed to like it so i decided to make an actual suggestion! now i'll stop talking and i'll go straight to the point.

The idea would be an in-game wishlist system that allows you to create dragon plans and keep track of the items you need easily and all in one place. no more spending 5 hours checking your 70 g1s' plans to make a list of all the genes and apparel pieces you need. no more confusing spreadsheets.

it would be a new section on crim's page, saying that she is grateful for your help expanding her hoard and that She'd like to help you keep track of yours. (visuals, my editing skills are not the best lol) (IMPORTANT NOTE; i know nothing about user interface design and stuff, all i show here is what i remember from my dream with a few tweaks for it to make more sense. i'd say critique on the UI part is fine, but it's not like i can do much about it. it's just a visual to make it easier to understand and add quality to the post. keep that in mind!)

N0a5Qyo.png

clicking on "manage" would take you to a page with 3 big buttons: familiars, dragons/outfits and other items (this could use some improvements)
the familiars part would be similar to the undiscovered tab on the bestiary, maybe with smaller images to fit more familiars in one page. you can add familiars manually or it would also have an "add all undiscovered familiars to the wishlist" option.

the items tab is similar to the hoard, each item has "-" and "+" buttons under it to add the exact amount you need. it would also show how much you have compared to your "goal" (like 3/40) for example, you need 20 gradish for a swipp trade, you could either click the + button 19 times or directly write the amount by clicking on the 0/1 text.

you could share BBCode's of a wishlist item, and it would have the "gift" option, so other people could gift you an item by clicking on the widget. (it would have at least 2 confirmation windows to avoid missclicks, don't worry) If the gift button appears in red, it means the person looking at it doesn't own said item. there could also be an option to share a full list (for example all your familiars on your wishlist) and make it similar to the map location code but with a scrollbar so the list doesn't clutter a post if it's too long (i know this might encourage begging, and i might not like this part as much as the others, honestly. i added it because it was part of the dream and i kept it because i don't see too much of a negative impact. people always finds a way to beg anyway)

y5FP87L.png

once you send a gift to someone, they will recieve a notification saying which item they got and who gave it to them. there could be an option for the gift to remain anonymous. (you could probably turn these notifications off i guess)

z8a1hDZ.png

the dragons page would be similar to how your saved outfits show up on the dressing room, each (square?) being one different plan.
you could save dragon plans and share them as widgets, similar to scries and outfits. clicking on them would take you to the full page showing all the required items.
to create a dragon plan You need to link it to a scry or saved outfit. (you can make saves with just outfits, just scries or mix both! you can also attach plans to existing dragons)

sY1jqwZ.pngzCTMady.png

the plan page showed the dragon on the left and the items on the right. items that were not applied to the dragon, like genes and apparel would display in black and white. (i am aware that the order of the items or just the way they're displayed can be improved. remember, i'm not an UI expert! just funny visuals!)
the folder button would let you import (add) outfits to a scry plan and viceversa, and the share button would give you the plan's code to post on the forums, dragon bios or clan info.

AOrjJox.png

completed plans (and/or wishes?) would be automatically removed from your wishlist, but you could turn this off or add them back if you wanted to. it could also an option to make your wishlist public or private (public would add a button leading to your wishlist on your clan profile, anyone can see it. private would only give access through specific links you share)

it would also give crim a new use, since almost no one checks her anymore. She'd look more kind and less of an eliminate-stealer! (/hj)
so that's basically it, i guess! thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed my suggestion :D

if you're going to give me some kind of feedback i'd appreciate if you used tone indicators, i tend to overthink critiques quite often. (the reason why i hestitated on posting this here, but a lot of people encouraged me so here it is!)
and also I've noticed a few peeps comment on things that I've already adressed, so keep that in mind too!
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
support!
support!
vintagefawn.png
Support, I especially love the way Crim gets a spiffy new extra function that fits in with her current interests, and makes her more than just an item sink. I think that's a really fun way to implement wishlists with some in-world grounding.

From a personal standpoint I think I'd like to see a share list function where people could choose to gift from that page, rather than the BBCode for specific items needing to be posted separately somewhere. Although I wouldn't object to both, I think that sharing the list as a whole would be more in line with how people generally think of using wishlists.

Either way this is a really clever concept and I hope it gives the devs some inspiration on how they could make a wishlist function work, given people have been asking for one for years.
Support, I especially love the way Crim gets a spiffy new extra function that fits in with her current interests, and makes her more than just an item sink. I think that's a really fun way to implement wishlists with some in-world grounding.

From a personal standpoint I think I'd like to see a share list function where people could choose to gift from that page, rather than the BBCode for specific items needing to be posted separately somewhere. Although I wouldn't object to both, I think that sharing the list as a whole would be more in line with how people generally think of using wishlists.

Either way this is a really clever concept and I hope it gives the devs some inspiration on how they could make a wishlist function work, given people have been asking for one for years.
I like the "share list" idea too- makes me wonder if there's also a mid-ground of "share [tem type] wishlist items", like, all your Food items you want or all your Specialty ones. There is something I think would go well with this that doesn't appear to be in the OP here- if items on your Wishlist were highlighted in the Auction House, that would be a nice lil QoL thing to give private wishlists a use for players who want to use it more as a shopping list (hi I'm in this category). I especially like the "Save Plans" functionality; I missed that before, but I'd use it [i]so much[/i]! This is a really cool concept of how the Wishlist could work [emoji=imperial star size=1]
I like the "share list" idea too- makes me wonder if there's also a mid-ground of "share [tem type] wishlist items", like, all your Food items you want or all your Specialty ones.

There is something I think would go well with this that doesn't appear to be in the OP here- if items on your Wishlist were highlighted in the Auction House, that would be a nice lil QoL thing to give private wishlists a use for players who want to use it more as a shopping list (hi I'm in this category).

I especially like the "Save Plans" functionality; I missed that before, but I'd use it so much! This is a really cool concept of how the Wishlist could work
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

yeah i did think about an option to share lists instead of individual items, thanks for the reminder! i'll add that to the post :D and a highlight for items on your wishlist is absolutely genious!! i don't know if that's possible with the auction house's code, but it's definitely a good idea! i'll keep it in mind [emoji=skydancer laughing size=1]
yeah i did think about an option to share lists instead of individual items, thanks for the reminder! i'll add that to the post :D

and a highlight for items on your wishlist is absolutely genious!! i don't know if that's possible with the auction house's code, but it's definitely a good idea! i'll keep it in mind
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
This would be so useful, especially for newbies! Definitely support the idea!
This would be so useful, especially for newbies! Definitely support the idea!
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
Support 100%! This would make me pay attention to Crim! This would be a wonderful feature! You saw it in a dream, yes? Dearest wind flight member, are you surest that you are not now meant for water’s prophets? It is uncouth to generally suggest such things of you, but it is too good to keep silent upon.
Support 100%! This would make me pay attention to Crim! This would be a wonderful feature! You saw it in a dream, yes? Dearest wind flight member, are you surest that you are not now meant for water’s prophets? It is uncouth to generally suggest such things of you, but it is too good to keep silent upon.
100% support!

This is such a wonderful way to give Crim some more love (especially after tricking so many new players into giving her eliminates XD), and it's such a creative spin too! I tend to be a hoarder of many items (I currently have a dragon with an out of date list of all the live bird food items because birb is life), so having a feature where I can just update it as things are added over time is phenomenal!

Dragons can be more than just wishlist holders! More than just apparel logs, gene logs, and cute item logs!
100% support!

This is such a wonderful way to give Crim some more love (especially after tricking so many new players into giving her eliminates XD), and it's such a creative spin too! I tend to be a hoarder of many items (I currently have a dragon with an out of date list of all the live bird food items because birb is life), so having a feature where I can just update it as things are added over time is phenomenal!

Dragons can be more than just wishlist holders! More than just apparel logs, gene logs, and cute item logs!
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
This... is amazing. I'd love a place on-site to keep track of all the stuff I need to buy, and I've come across two situations in the last week or so where it would have been very nice to have a wishlist. Something like this would just be so much more convenient.

I love everything about this. Very well thought out.
This... is amazing. I'd love a place on-site to keep track of all the stuff I need to buy, and I've come across two situations in the last week or so where it would have been very nice to have a wishlist. Something like this would just be so much more convenient.

I love everything about this. Very well thought out.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
oh this is so so incredibly awesome. Absolutely fantastic and well laid out!
My only other thought is it would be neat to include familiars in the dragon plan capabilities as well, so people can keep track of what familiar they'd like to eventually pair with that dragon as well.
oh this is so so incredibly awesome. Absolutely fantastic and well laid out!
My only other thought is it would be neat to include familiars in the dragon plan capabilities as well, so people can keep track of what familiar they'd like to eventually pair with that dragon as well.
eP65k0J.png
1 2 3 4 5