Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Better Contrast of the Marketplace UI
1 2 3 4
Okay, I LOVE the marketplace update. Just about everything about it is fantastic, love the flash sales, love sorting via different methods, all great. There's just one thing though... [img]https://i.imgur.com/FpwOk0R.png[/img] And that's the lack of contrast with the UI. It blends in with the background, and makes it hard for me (and others, I'd imagine) to sort through the various tabs. It took me a hot minute to find the Gem:Treasure market switch button, and its not even changed places! I'd appreciate it greatly if the UI elements (switch button, tabs, etc) were colored to contrast with the background better. It would make it easier for my ADHD brain to process through it and not forget what I was doing while it took the 30 seconds to figure out the tabs.
Okay, I LOVE the marketplace update. Just about everything about it is fantastic, love the flash sales, love sorting via different methods, all great. There's just one thing though...

FpwOk0R.png

And that's the lack of contrast with the UI. It blends in with the background, and makes it hard for me (and others, I'd imagine) to sort through the various tabs. It took me a hot minute to find the Gem:Treasure market switch button, and its not even changed places!

I'd appreciate it greatly if the UI elements (switch button, tabs, etc) were colored to contrast with the background better. It would make it easier for my ADHD brain to process through it and not forget what I was doing while it took the 30 seconds to figure out the tabs.
push hub
please, my adhd eyes can't see, it's all just white space with some text thrown in where is the structure

i'm not sure how to put it, but it feels like the buy buttons are blind spots?? it's like they're blocking my vision, almost. maybe because of the way the weird, very dark shadow is trying to make them pop out? i don't think that works too well if the background is too similar a color..

i know it's where i'm supposed to click to buy an item, but my eyes don't snap to them nearly as easily as they did with the dark red buttons. i miss the red buttons so much
please, my adhd eyes can't see, it's all just white space with some text thrown in where is the structure

i'm not sure how to put it, but it feels like the buy buttons are blind spots?? it's like they're blocking my vision, almost. maybe because of the way the weird, very dark shadow is trying to make them pop out? i don't think that works too well if the background is too similar a color..

i know it's where i'm supposed to click to buy an item, but my eyes don't snap to them nearly as easily as they did with the dark red buttons. i miss the red buttons so much
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
Please, I'm not even adhd but I struggle a lot with seeing this..

At first glance everything bleeds into each other and especially the blue in the gem price display really interrupts my comprehension of "oh, this is an item". It's like the blue is the focus and not the item itself >.<
Please, I'm not even adhd but I struggle a lot with seeing this..

At first glance everything bleeds into each other and especially the blue in the gem price display really interrupts my comprehension of "oh, this is an item". It's like the blue is the focus and not the item itself >.<
tumblr_ph9qsupfNG1sbxtq7o6_250.png
IMG_6697.PNG?.png

Acelaena | They/Them | Deviantart | Toyhou.se
I have no visual impairment or anything my eyes have the slightest struggle with, but yes: It's too white!
(I darkened the screen as it was too white, just saying.)
Not even beige (which you normally see around the site), there isn't any color! You cannot make out where you are right now and where everything starts and ends, no boundaries for any of the buttons, etc. The one color I noticed was the blue around the prices in the gem MP. Then I noticed, that maybe -only maybe- the color around the price in the treasure MP was beige-ish.

We need some contrast here please!
(But aside from that It's wonderful! <3 )
I have no visual impairment or anything my eyes have the slightest struggle with, but yes: It's too white!
(I darkened the screen as it was too white, just saying.)
Not even beige (which you normally see around the site), there isn't any color! You cannot make out where you are right now and where everything starts and ends, no boundaries for any of the buttons, etc. The one color I noticed was the blue around the prices in the gem MP. Then I noticed, that maybe -only maybe- the color around the price in the treasure MP was beige-ish.

We need some contrast here please!
(But aside from that It's wonderful! <3 )
NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png
e8SAWsa.png e8SAWsa.png SMQU6oc.gif e8SAWsa.png BLANKET

FORT

OF

ENDS
iceshieldr.png e8SAWsa.png
Support. staff pls it's ok to use colors
Support. staff pls it's ok to use colors
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I just noticed: weren't the profile when they came out also wayyy to white and "seemed "lost"? Does the staff not like colors...?
I just noticed: weren't the profile when they came out also wayyy to white and "seemed "lost"? Does the staff not like colors...?
NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

FORT

OF

ENDS
Just because I like to overexplain myself, I wanted to add a comparison to the old marketplace UI. [img]https://i.imgur.com/sdI6SLE.png[/img] I know its a little messy, but the blue lines exemplify how my eyes were drawn around the page in a clean fashion that clearly lays out important elements. Its not exact of course, and it will vary moment by moment and user by user, but there's at least a sense of flow that makes it a lot easier to read. The green arrows and lines indicate pieces of the UI that helped with that flow. The box around items helps differentiate which part of the UI you're interacting with (tab specific navigation vs general marketplace navigation), and the divider in the middle prevents the eye from being drawn into the blank void. I don't necessarily want the old design back, but the lack of structure and flow to the current UI elements isn't very fun for me. So even just a little more contrast would help wonders with preventing me from going to the MP, forgetting what I wanted to get because I took a minute to find the area I wanted, and looping that pattern back and forth until I remember what I wanted.
Just because I like to overexplain myself, I wanted to add a comparison to the old marketplace UI.

sdI6SLE.png

I know its a little messy, but the blue lines exemplify how my eyes were drawn around the page in a clean fashion that clearly lays out important elements. Its not exact of course, and it will vary moment by moment and user by user, but there's at least a sense of flow that makes it a lot easier to read.

The green arrows and lines indicate pieces of the UI that helped with that flow. The box around items helps differentiate which part of the UI you're interacting with (tab specific navigation vs general marketplace navigation), and the divider in the middle prevents the eye from being drawn into the blank void.

I don't necessarily want the old design back, but the lack of structure and flow to the current UI elements isn't very fun for me. So even just a little more contrast would help wonders with preventing me from going to the MP, forgetting what I wanted to get because I took a minute to find the area I wanted, and looping that pattern back and forth until I remember what I wanted.
push hub
@Hootsforce

Just wanted to tell you, that my eyes had already followed your blue arrows by then times I realized it's the old MP design! :,D Good to know I wasn't the only one scanning like that, I bet it's similar to for quite a number of people.
@Hootsforce

Just wanted to tell you, that my eyes had already followed your blue arrows by then times I realized it's the old MP design! :,D Good to know I wasn't the only one scanning like that, I bet it's similar to for quite a number of people.
NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

FORT

OF

ENDS
I support this - Something about the lack of contrast makes the marketplace feel like it's not done loading yet :/
I support this - Something about the lack of contrast makes the marketplace feel like it's not done loading yet :/
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
Contrast for the navigation and also putting the MP back in it's box would make a world of difference. Absolute support.
Contrast for the navigation and also putting the MP back in it's box would make a world of difference. Absolute support.
fo11Vhp.png
1 2 3 4