Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Better Contrast of the Marketplace UI
1 2 3 4
Support! There's a lot of information to take in on each and every MP page; having elements clearly marked and delineated would make shopping a lot easier.
Support! There's a lot of information to take in on each and every MP page; having elements clearly marked and delineated would make shopping a lot easier.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I really enjoy Hawkfeather's first mockup! I think it solves a lot of these problems in a way that works for a lot of people.

There's definitely a middle ground to be found here, because while some people have issues with low contrast, there are those (like me) that are sensitive to high contrast (probably less of us tbh, I haven't met a lot of others, and that might explain why people don't ususally consider it). The beige buttons are actually a huge improvement for me but they need a little bit more punch; the maroon buttons in general have always been a bit too bold. It's like, yeah they demand attention better, but they demand *too* much attention and it's very overwhelming? It's night and day between the two mockups in Hawkfeather's post for me, the first one is very easy to look at while the second one is.....not.

In the end, I am hoping the refactors are preparing the site to be able to have official themes! That would be the best solution for people having very different needs. There isn't really any one thing you can do to make everyone happy.
I really enjoy Hawkfeather's first mockup! I think it solves a lot of these problems in a way that works for a lot of people.

There's definitely a middle ground to be found here, because while some people have issues with low contrast, there are those (like me) that are sensitive to high contrast (probably less of us tbh, I haven't met a lot of others, and that might explain why people don't ususally consider it). The beige buttons are actually a huge improvement for me but they need a little bit more punch; the maroon buttons in general have always been a bit too bold. It's like, yeah they demand attention better, but they demand *too* much attention and it's very overwhelming? It's night and day between the two mockups in Hawkfeather's post for me, the first one is very easy to look at while the second one is.....not.

In the end, I am hoping the refactors are preparing the site to be able to have official themes! That would be the best solution for people having very different needs. There isn't really any one thing you can do to make everyone happy.
MdXUaPI.png ePOliyb.png
92n1dwB.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
T429jqB.pngT429jqB.png Be careful typing my username
for pings: there are two o's!

He/They
[quote name="liminalspace" date="2021-03-24 19:45:51" ][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507757285121065002/824470377316745216/5474564.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507757285121065002/824473885143597166/5474565.png[/img] [/quote] !!!!! oh these are perfect to me, i love them!! and i'm glad i'm not the only one that wishes the treasure/gem mp switch was colored!
liminalspace wrote on 2021-03-24 19:45:51:
5474564.png

5474565.png

!!!!! oh these are perfect to me, i love them!! and i'm glad i'm not the only one that wishes the treasure/gem mp switch was colored!
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
Lots of support - the mockups people did here are all really great and SO much easier to see things!
Lots of support - the mockups people did here are all really great and SO much easier to see things!
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
I really don't understand this new obsession with floating UI elements. It looks tacky and without emphasis. Put the full frame back like the hoard/vault has
I really don't understand this new obsession with floating UI elements. It looks tacky and without emphasis. Put the full frame back like the hoard/vault has
sBdLZtA.png
yes, pls and I love all of the mockups in this thread!
I like the MP, but the lack of contrast is a real turn-off for me :(
yes, pls and I love all of the mockups in this thread!
I like the MP, but the lack of contrast is a real turn-off for me :(
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
I also support this!

No issues with my vision personally, but the tones are very hard to read and see. My eyes don't feel like they have a nice landing point, which seems to stress me out when I'm not given a direction, it seems. I love the mockups to show slight gradients and a simple line, made quite the difference!

Another note: Has anyone noticed that when you purchase something from page 9, it then resets your page back to page 1 of the current MP tab? I find this very unpleasant! The old MP didn't do this and I would prefer the new one not either, please.
I also support this!

No issues with my vision personally, but the tones are very hard to read and see. My eyes don't feel like they have a nice landing point, which seems to stress me out when I'm not given a direction, it seems. I love the mockups to show slight gradients and a simple line, made quite the difference!

Another note: Has anyone noticed that when you purchase something from page 9, it then resets your page back to page 1 of the current MP tab? I find this very unpleasant! The old MP didn't do this and I would prefer the new one not either, please.
__Hatchery
rkiaPl1.gif
mlr1H8z.png mbKwr2f.png dsiNAWk.png
Support. It’s so bland currently, and it’s easy to just glaze over everything. If it had more color to it I feel it would be easier to navigate, and wouldn’t be so.. boring (?) to look at. Edit: [quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2021-03-24 14:17:28" ] One Old-Tan + my tweaked tabs mockup! @/Naeryl [img]https://imgur.com/MWrRnJS.png[/img] [/quote] I also really like this mock up.
Support. It’s so bland currently, and it’s easy to just glaze over everything. If it had more color to it I feel it would be easier to navigate, and wouldn’t be so.. boring (?) to look at.

Edit:
Hawkfeather wrote on 2021-03-24 14:17:28:
One Old-Tan + my tweaked tabs mockup! @/Naeryl

MWrRnJS.png
I also really like this mock up.
53000751854_682e4ca757_o.png
[quote name="@ LavenderHoney" date="2021-03-25 10:36:45" ] Another note: Has anyone noticed that when you purchase something from page 9, it then resets your page back to page 1 of the current MP tab? I find this very unpleasant! The old MP didn't do this and I would prefer the new one not either, please. [/quote] Yes, sometimes. Actually, there might be a difference between Chrome's and Firefox's behaviour. I haven't checked rigorously, but after my short stint with the former I have developed a feeling of FF being less annoying than Chrome (as in, keeps places in lists/pages better). [size=2]Alas, middle-click and left-click are still often interpreted as the website designer says, not as I asked - but that's a different story.[/size] Re: contrast [LIST=1] [*] Coin coloured gold, Gem coloured blue was much easier for me to decipher. Internet's monochrome fashion is definitely not my thing. [*] Green text to indicate discount, [i]please[/i]! The green "plus" on the coin doesn't give the same feeling at all and I constantly buy something after Dom discount has turned off already :( [/LIST] Re: UI in general [LIST=1] [*] It's very annoying for the top filter bit to close all the time and the sorting to reset whenever I change section. [/LIST]
@ LavenderHoney wrote on 2021-03-25 10:36:45:
Yes, sometimes. Actually, there might be a difference between Chrome's and Firefox's behaviour. I haven't checked rigorously, but after my short stint with the former I have developed a feeling of FF being less annoying than Chrome (as in, keeps places in lists/pages better).
Alas, middle-click and left-click are still often interpreted as the website designer says, not as I asked - but that's a different story.

Re: contrast
  1. Coin coloured gold, Gem coloured blue was much easier for me to decipher. Internet's monochrome fashion is definitely not my thing.
  2. Green text to indicate discount, please! The green "plus" on the coin doesn't give the same feeling at all and I constantly buy something after Dom discount has turned off already :(
Re: UI in general
  1. It's very annoying for the top filter bit to close all the time and the sorting to reset whenever I change section.
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
I don't need this and I'd honestly personally prefer if it stays the way it is, but if it got implemented I wouldn't be mad or disappointed.

Support.
I don't need this and I'd honestly personally prefer if it stays the way it is, but if it got implemented I wouldn't be mad or disappointed.

Support.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1 2 3 4