Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Better Contrast of the Marketplace UI
1 2 3 4
Yeah definite support. The new marketplace is great, but I'm not sure what's up with the most recent updates removing features from their boxes/placing them against pure white n stuff.
Yeah definite support. The new marketplace is great, but I'm not sure what's up with the most recent updates removing features from their boxes/placing them against pure white n stuff.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
@Naeryl Ah! Okay lol yeah I misunderstood since I would consider that more grey than tan ^^;; The big problem with that is that without the box the current layout doesn't really work for a background. It's not built with it in mind and there really isn't any good place to put the cutoff. If I go all the way up to the tabs then it actually reduces contrast with the page number buttons and tabs since they're really similar in color. If I go lower then it really needs an additional line and that would probably start looking cluttered. So for now I've just slapped the color back there and arbitrarily cut it off below the page numbers. It's a terrible mockup, but then at least people can see what the colors look like in the context of the new layout XD [img]https://imgur.com/f6ovBGN.png[/img]
@Naeryl
Ah! Okay lol yeah I misunderstood since I would consider that more grey than tan ^^;;
The big problem with that is that without the box the current layout doesn't really work for a background. It's not built with it in mind and there really isn't any good place to put the cutoff. If I go all the way up to the tabs then it actually reduces contrast with the page number buttons and tabs since they're really similar in color. If I go lower then it really needs an additional line and that would probably start looking cluttered. So for now I've just slapped the color back there and arbitrarily cut it off below the page numbers. It's a terrible mockup, but then at least people can see what the colors look like in the context of the new layout XD

f6ovBGN.png
Wua5ROf.png
I like Hawkfeather's first mockup, it keeps a lot of the newer-site feel but the darker gradient and better tab visibility help me a lot with processing the image. Might be nice if the buttons went back to maroon though, it makes it easier to see the button without having to specifically look if that makes sense
I like Hawkfeather's first mockup, it keeps a lot of the newer-site feel but the darker gradient and better tab visibility help me a lot with processing the image. Might be nice if the buttons went back to maroon though, it makes it easier to see the button without having to specifically look if that makes sense
wq9PoXA.png
I like the way the new site UI is going but it seems that there is consistently a lack of clear outlining and use of colors until this is pointed out (remember the original design of the new dragon profiles?) Putting things in boxes isn't actually bad, I agree it may look 'cooler' but it isn't actually good UI if this causes poor visibility.
I like the way the new site UI is going but it seems that there is consistently a lack of clear outlining and use of colors until this is pointed out (remember the original design of the new dragon profiles?) Putting things in boxes isn't actually bad, I agree it may look 'cooler' but it isn't actually good UI if this causes poor visibility.
4Dclvwp.png
I really wish they would stop sapping all the color out of everything. Can we please keep our darker greys and reds please? I get they want to make everything more streamlined and modern but they can change things around and still keep the color scheme.
I really wish they would stop sapping all the color out of everything. Can we please keep our darker greys and reds please? I get they want to make everything more streamlined and modern but they can change things around and still keep the color scheme.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2021-03-24 13:59:13" ] And this next one was really more out of curiosity to see what it looked like closer to the old color scheme. [/quote] I'd adore if they used this coloring instead. Maintains the new look while staying true to the iconic FR look. The site needs to just keep the red honestly. Lately they've been pulling the red out of all of their new ui updates and it just makes pages look unfinished, lifeless, and not to mention out of place since the header & footer of the site still use the iconic red. The red is also still largely used in other places as well like the forums. Ontop of the jarring feel its super hard for people to navigate (myself included) since lack of variation is like trying to decide what part to stare at on a blank white canvas. The overall drainage of red is still hugely a negative effect on trading post, hoard and lair pages for me but its been so long they likely won't change those. I fear they plan to drain the red from the header/footer/logo with how they've been going with these updates...
Hawkfeather wrote on 2021-03-24 13:59:13:
And this next one was really more out of curiosity to see what it looked like closer to the old color scheme.

I'd adore if they used this coloring instead. Maintains the new look while staying true to the iconic FR look.
The site needs to just keep the red honestly. Lately they've been pulling the red out of all of their new ui updates and it just makes pages look unfinished, lifeless, and not to mention out of place since the header & footer of the site still use the iconic red.
The red is also still largely used in other places as well like the forums. Ontop of the jarring feel its super hard for people to navigate (myself included) since lack of variation is like trying to decide what part to stare at on a blank white canvas.

The overall drainage of red is still hugely a negative effect on trading post, hoard and lair pages for me but its been so long they likely won't change those.

I fear they plan to drain the red from the header/footer/logo with how they've been going with these updates...
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
[quote name="Sablekey" date="2021-03-24 15:46:01" ] The overall drainage of red is still hugely a negative effect on trading post, hoard and lair pages for me but its been so long they likely won't change those. [/quote] It just occurred to me, but I did have a thought. They could perhaps be choosing a bunch of plain, neutral colors in preparation for setting up site themes. It's been something people have been asking for for a very long time and they said couldn't be enabled until the entire site was updated. In which case color schemes and such would change depending on which theme is enabled, but I honestly don't see why they couldn't have kept the red and darker grey variation. Wouldn't this just become the default/red theme? Idk. I just miss the classic color and it's all going away v.v
Sablekey wrote on 2021-03-24 15:46:01:
The overall drainage of red is still hugely a negative effect on trading post, hoard and lair pages for me but its been so long they likely won't change those.
It just occurred to me, but I did have a thought. They could perhaps be choosing a bunch of plain, neutral colors in preparation for setting up site themes. It's been something people have been asking for for a very long time and they said couldn't be enabled until the entire site was updated. In which case color schemes and such would change depending on which theme is enabled, but I honestly don't see why they couldn't have kept the red and darker grey variation. Wouldn't this just become the default/red theme?

Idk. I just miss the classic color and it's all going away v.v
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I would love if the text in the actual item display boxes was also darkened, i'm finding it so hard to read anything in the MP right now.
I would love if the text in the actual item display boxes was also darkened, i'm finding it so hard to read anything in the MP right now.
ihxJm60.png
I collect Tengu Callers and Greybeak Reapers!

I will pay 5kt/5g per familiar
absolute support!! back when the new dragon profile layout was released, it shared much of the same 'blending-into-itself' issues; i really hope staff considers what people have said in regards to this, too. the first thing i did after seeing it was spend a few minutes tinkering with it & making changes that (personally) helped me process the page as a whole a bit better while still keeping elements of the new design--thought i'd toss it in here as well for some more visuals! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507757285121065002/824470377316745216/5474564.png[/img] and, also, what the treasure-to-gem mp button would look like from the other side, for clarity; [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507757285121065002/824473885143597166/5474565.png[/img]
absolute support!! back when the new dragon profile layout was released, it shared much of the same 'blending-into-itself' issues; i really hope staff considers what people have said in regards to this, too.

the first thing i did after seeing it was spend a few minutes tinkering with it & making changes that (personally) helped me process the page as a whole a bit better while still keeping elements of the new design--thought i'd toss it in here as well for some more visuals!

5474564.png

and, also, what the treasure-to-gem mp button would look like from the other side, for clarity;

5474565.png
chevffinal.png ..
top.png

pixq.png - ---- ----

pixq.png - ---- ----

bottom.png
ECLIPSE
THE
SUN
liminalspace's last mockup is sooo good. especially the gem/treasure icons. I have nothing against modernist design, but I'm in favor of it when it's done with functionality in mind. contrast is super important for visuals like this.
liminalspace's last mockup is sooo good. especially the gem/treasure icons. I have nothing against modernist design, but I'm in favor of it when it's done with functionality in mind. contrast is super important for visuals like this.
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
1 2 3 4