Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Stop "Updating" old apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Please please PLEASE for the love of Pete and every last thing on earth and Sornieth that is holy, PLEASE I'm begging you stop giving us "new fresh looks" for old gear. Every time you do I have to frown and take off gear that no longer looks good with dragons I really liked it on.

Please just stahp please. Just create new, similar gear. I don't even see why this needs to be an issue, you have both arts in existence. Only one of my dragons now looks good in the steampunk wings, same thing happened with the flower leis. Two of my dragons now need to be completely reworked because they look so different in ways I don't like.

I put a lot of time and effort into playing with the apparel and get it looking exactly how I want it. It is not fun when you randomly redesign gear and I'm left with a gear hole where something once looked fantastic but now looks off instead.

Sidenote: I'm not saying I don't like the new gear I just really really dislike losing the old versions that have become part of outfits I do like. Just like with the leis, I found dragons I like the new flowers on, but the steampunk changes are just even worse. It makes me extremely sad every time I log in and find old appearance changes that make me have to put dragons I was very happy with back on the design board.
Please please PLEASE for the love of Pete and every last thing on earth and Sornieth that is holy, PLEASE I'm begging you stop giving us "new fresh looks" for old gear. Every time you do I have to frown and take off gear that no longer looks good with dragons I really liked it on.

Please just stahp please. Just create new, similar gear. I don't even see why this needs to be an issue, you have both arts in existence. Only one of my dragons now looks good in the steampunk wings, same thing happened with the flower leis. Two of my dragons now need to be completely reworked because they look so different in ways I don't like.

I put a lot of time and effort into playing with the apparel and get it looking exactly how I want it. It is not fun when you randomly redesign gear and I'm left with a gear hole where something once looked fantastic but now looks off instead.

Sidenote: I'm not saying I don't like the new gear I just really really dislike losing the old versions that have become part of outfits I do like. Just like with the leis, I found dragons I like the new flowers on, but the steampunk changes are just even worse. It makes me extremely sad every time I log in and find old appearance changes that make me have to put dragons I was very happy with back on the design board.
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
Support. The old roundhorns were WAY better, rough and chunky. The new ones are plastic toys. As for the steampunk... Awful is the only description, really. It covers his tail??? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9378205] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/93783/9378205_350.png[/img] [/url] On one side horseshoe-thing covers piston-thing, on the other it's opposite??? The colour also shifted, it's no longer the nice creamy old-ship-sail colour. Proportions, angles, and shadows also seem off compared to the position of his wings.
Support. The old roundhorns were WAY better, rough and chunky. The new ones are plastic toys.

As for the steampunk... Awful is the only description, really. It covers his tail???

9378205_350.png

On one side horseshoe-thing covers piston-thing, on the other it's opposite???

The colour also shifted, it's no longer the nice creamy old-ship-sail colour.

Proportions, angles, and shadows also seem off compared to the position of his wings.
66MHIIb.png
We'd end up keeping so much really dubious copy-paste-stretch art and duplicates of sets with slightly different names and just millions of items if staff never actively replaced items. It sucks to have to retweak outfits occasionally, but if I was in staff's position I wouldn't want to keep old (relatively) bad art around that didn't show my skills and the site's quality in a good light.

Plus, it would make it an absolute nightmare to find anything after a little while.

EDIT: I also personally don't want 'this, but a bit different'. I used the old art because it was the best option at the time - and for this set in particular it was one that was very, very rarely used. The new set is much higher quality and still gives my old dragon wearing it the same look.
We'd end up keeping so much really dubious copy-paste-stretch art and duplicates of sets with slightly different names and just millions of items if staff never actively replaced items. It sucks to have to retweak outfits occasionally, but if I was in staff's position I wouldn't want to keep old (relatively) bad art around that didn't show my skills and the site's quality in a good light.

Plus, it would make it an absolute nightmare to find anything after a little while.

EDIT: I also personally don't want 'this, but a bit different'. I used the old art because it was the best option at the time - and for this set in particular it was one that was very, very rarely used. The new set is much higher quality and still gives my old dragon wearing it the same look.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Support. The look of the older artwork in this game is what made me fall in love with it in the first place! I like the less saturated, grungier aesthetic. Add new versions, sure, whatever. But let us keep the old alongside the new. I consistently find more uses for the quieter old apparel than the saturated/shiny/glossy/glittery/polished/plastic styles of more recent sets.

and please for the love of all that is good don't ever touch the birdskulls I will have an absolute crisis
Support. The look of the older artwork in this game is what made me fall in love with it in the first place! I like the less saturated, grungier aesthetic. Add new versions, sure, whatever. But let us keep the old alongside the new. I consistently find more uses for the quieter old apparel than the saturated/shiny/glossy/glittery/polished/plastic styles of more recent sets.

and please for the love of all that is good don't ever touch the birdskulls I will have an absolute crisis
Sorry but in the steampunk change case the old wings looked way better, imo. It's not inferior art by any means, just different with the same theme. Creating outfits is my zen, having an outfit wrecked out of my control, unpredictably, and at random because new has been deemed "better" is just aggravating.

If they're gonna give us things, give us things, they shouldn't come at the cost of things many of us still like and still want. I'm still not completely over my dissatisfaction with the last time and the steampunk wings are a way more glaring wrench in my outfit arrangements.

The flowers were little details I had to rework with, the steampunk wings are a big thing and I now have glaring outfit holes on five different dragons because the new wings are just not a good look on them and there's nothing else I can really put there right now for anything remotely like the same effect. The new wings look good on one dragon, the old wings looked just as good on her.

Everyone else they're either too pointy or not even the right colours anymore. I'm pretty sure nobody would complain about having two steampunk style lines. Seriously.
Sorry but in the steampunk change case the old wings looked way better, imo. It's not inferior art by any means, just different with the same theme. Creating outfits is my zen, having an outfit wrecked out of my control, unpredictably, and at random because new has been deemed "better" is just aggravating.

If they're gonna give us things, give us things, they shouldn't come at the cost of things many of us still like and still want. I'm still not completely over my dissatisfaction with the last time and the steampunk wings are a way more glaring wrench in my outfit arrangements.

The flowers were little details I had to rework with, the steampunk wings are a big thing and I now have glaring outfit holes on five different dragons because the new wings are just not a good look on them and there's nothing else I can really put there right now for anything remotely like the same effect. The new wings look good on one dragon, the old wings looked just as good on her.

Everyone else they're either too pointy or not even the right colours anymore. I'm pretty sure nobody would complain about having two steampunk style lines. Seriously.
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
no support
the old apparel was just stretched around and hideous looking
yeah the horns did look better before but the bows,steampunk apparel and others that were revamped were just hideous looking
no support
the old apparel was just stretched around and hideous looking
yeah the horns did look better before but the bows,steampunk apparel and others that were revamped were just hideous looking
anniversary_separator.png
[quote name="Saronai" date="2019-09-07 00:48:44" ] Please just stahp please. Just create new, similar gear. [/quote] Support. No, the new set wouldn't have to be similar enough to seem like an unnecessary duplication, but just...do a different type of steam-punkish armor. Or something else entirely. There are plenty of apparel avenues yet to be gone down. I don't care so much about this time, because I never use most of the pieces besides the tail lantern (and the new mini version looks cute, but...not on the same dragons the larger version did). Same deal with the old single-flower corsages and the new scrunchie type. Everybody's favorite apparel set could always be next, because 'bad art' is subjective. If you don't like something the way it is, you don't have to incorporate it into your dragons.
Saronai wrote on 2019-09-07 00:48:44:
Please just stahp please. Just create new, similar gear.

Support. No, the new set wouldn't have to be similar enough to seem like an unnecessary duplication, but just...do a different type of steam-punkish armor. Or something else entirely. There are plenty of apparel avenues yet to be gone down.

I don't care so much about this time, because I never use most of the pieces besides the tail lantern (and the new mini version looks cute, but...not on the same dragons the larger version did). Same deal with the old single-flower corsages and the new scrunchie type.

Everybody's favorite apparel set could always be next, because 'bad art' is subjective. If you don't like something the way it is, you don't have to incorporate it into your dragons.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support! Here's something I wrote on another thread in FRD about it: [quote name="MaybeHuman" date="2019-09-07 01:14:42" ] I don't really like it... Don't get me wrong, the new style looks good, but it just changed my dragons so much! I would have loved if they were separate sets or something... Here's Winterstorm as an example of the changes! This is him before the update: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/603249629143891994/619809097990275075/image0.png[/img] This is him after: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=42236905&skin=0&apparel=27201,363,392,433,387,368,438,438&xt=dressing.png[/img] And here he is with the armor... [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=42236905&skin=0&apparel=27201,363,392,387,368,438,31590,438&xt=dressing.png[/img] It just looks so different. I'm glad I haven't bought him any art yet because he looks so different now :c ------- Edit; I just noticed the tail bauble on the copper set... Why is it blue?! This is Tolstae before: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/603249629143891994/619809099181326337/image1.png[/img] And this is after: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=42131234&skin=0&apparel=436,287,950,26630,13810,13858,744,951,436&xt=dressing.png[/img] Why, though? He has some pretty expensive art in his bio that doesn't even really match anymore :// [/quote]
Support! Here's something I wrote on another thread in FRD about it:
MaybeHuman wrote on 2019-09-07 01:14:42:
I don't really like it... Don't get me wrong, the new style looks good, but it just changed my dragons so much! I would have loved if they were separate sets or something... Here's Winterstorm as an example of the changes!

This is him before the update:

image0.png
This is him after:
dragon?did=42236905&skin=0&apparel=27201,363,392,433,387,368,438,438&xt=dressing.png
And here he is with the armor...
dragon?did=42236905&skin=0&apparel=27201,363,392,387,368,438,31590,438&xt=dressing.png

It just looks so different. I'm glad I haven't bought him any art yet because he looks so different now :c

Edit;
I just noticed the tail bauble on the copper set... Why is it blue?!
This is Tolstae before:
image1.png

And this is after:
dragon?did=42131234&skin=0&apparel=436,287,950,26630,13810,13858,744,951,436&xt=dressing.png

Why, though? He has some pretty expensive art in his bio that doesn't even really match anymore ://
Confusing Parchment Scrap [Milo | He/Him]

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
Meh. If the changes were like the boots and gloves, I'd agree (ie minor, still the same feel/aesthetic). I personally don't agree that they were bad art - I think it's more like a case of some of us liked them, you didn't, much as I don't like any of the bows in this game (new or old) but I know people love them.

More importantly, however, I'd be more inclined to agree and be ultimately okay with redesigns if all they were doing was fixing art they perceived as stretched out or whatever reason they're going with. They don't need to change the color balance/choices and ratios and overall aesthetic of major pieces in particular. I'm sorry but these new wing blades are literally new pieces of steampunk gear with my old ones removed, they're that different. They're sharper, edgier, and even differently coloured.

I personally don't see where ya'll keep saying they were stretched out either. Still, that's besides the point. It still sucks that some of us actually fell in love with these pieces and without warning they're gone and it's announced like an awesome thing has happened.

New gear should leave all of us either excited (love!) or indifferent (probably will never use), not a wake of several players who are variants of sad and annoyed because something they liked was removed in the process.

I regularly update my outfits as new pieces come in, I really super do not appreciate having to force update them because gear was literally removed from the game without warning and replaced with something that has an entirely different aesthetic on the same theme, and even different colours/brighter colours that throw it out of balance from whatever else the dragon had going on before.

Some pieces really do not need changed.

My favourite feel in this game is when I finally land on a combo of gear, genes, colours, and skin/accent that finally perfects a dragon in my lair. Logging in to find a "nifty new redesign" almost always results in the exact opposite feeling for me as at least one or two pieces are changed enough that they no longer work, or clip weird into the other gear thanks to additional cloth or different shapes than before.

I get it, that artists like to update as they learn new things. Please keep in mind though, that arranging what you create on our dragons is a type of art as well and you've just changed something on thousands of people at your whim, out of their control. It's really just not fun when it's something you liked that was targeted.

Meh. If the changes were like the boots and gloves, I'd agree (ie minor, still the same feel/aesthetic). I personally don't agree that they were bad art - I think it's more like a case of some of us liked them, you didn't, much as I don't like any of the bows in this game (new or old) but I know people love them.

More importantly, however, I'd be more inclined to agree and be ultimately okay with redesigns if all they were doing was fixing art they perceived as stretched out or whatever reason they're going with. They don't need to change the color balance/choices and ratios and overall aesthetic of major pieces in particular. I'm sorry but these new wing blades are literally new pieces of steampunk gear with my old ones removed, they're that different. They're sharper, edgier, and even differently coloured.

I personally don't see where ya'll keep saying they were stretched out either. Still, that's besides the point. It still sucks that some of us actually fell in love with these pieces and without warning they're gone and it's announced like an awesome thing has happened.

New gear should leave all of us either excited (love!) or indifferent (probably will never use), not a wake of several players who are variants of sad and annoyed because something they liked was removed in the process.

I regularly update my outfits as new pieces come in, I really super do not appreciate having to force update them because gear was literally removed from the game without warning and replaced with something that has an entirely different aesthetic on the same theme, and even different colours/brighter colours that throw it out of balance from whatever else the dragon had going on before.

Some pieces really do not need changed.

My favourite feel in this game is when I finally land on a combo of gear, genes, colours, and skin/accent that finally perfects a dragon in my lair. Logging in to find a "nifty new redesign" almost always results in the exact opposite feeling for me as at least one or two pieces are changed enough that they no longer work, or clip weird into the other gear thanks to additional cloth or different shapes than before.

I get it, that artists like to update as they learn new things. Please keep in mind though, that arranging what you create on our dragons is a type of art as well and you've just changed something on thousands of people at your whim, out of their control. It's really just not fun when it's something you liked that was targeted.

And, yeah, I def feel for you on that little detail, Maybehuman. Why is it blue now, and it does throw a wrench into your poor dragon's details. I could maybe see the whole "the artists just wanna make sure they're updating to give us the best" thing if they weren't also changing colour schemes and such. There really is no reason the copper tail needs a mismatched blue lantern. So much /sigh right now. Edit to add: Yes, Exactly this: [quote]Everybody's favorite apparel set could always be next, because 'bad art' is subjective. If you don't like something the way it is, you don't have to incorporate it into your dragons.[/quote]
And, yeah, I def feel for you on that little detail, Maybehuman. Why is it blue now, and it does throw a wrench into your poor dragon's details.

I could maybe see the whole "the artists just wanna make sure they're updating to give us the best" thing if they weren't also changing colour schemes and such. There really is no reason the copper tail needs a mismatched blue lantern.

So much /sigh right now.

Edit to add:

Yes, Exactly this:
Quote:
Everybody's favorite apparel set could always be next, because 'bad art' is subjective. If you don't like something the way it is, you don't have to incorporate it into your dragons.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7