Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Stop "Updating" old apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Jemadar
@Aterna
Agreed. Part of me understands wanting to update the clothes but I don't think this is the way to go about it.
@Jemadar
@Aterna
Agreed. Part of me understands wanting to update the clothes but I don't think this is the way to go about it.
LEpJMnn.pngz8s5c34.pngmtHAEL4.pngH0t7Ypl.pngY7MOfeL.pngrI18gRz.png
RXzUVtr.pnggYW0j5f.png8GgdVkW.pngW2pwiXX.pngqJFAY9h.pngadbiRan.png
why steampunk items exactly?

like what makes that the choice, instead of remaking or making new wooly tails or other notably outdated /old looking stuff seldom used?

why even redo them in the first place instead of doing new items with old existing theme sets?

like what makes that the choice, instead of remaking or making new wooly tails or other notably outdated /old looking stuff seldom used?

why even redo them in the first place instead of doing new items with old existing theme sets?
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
[quote name="Kapow" date="2019-09-07 13:18:54" ] why steampunk items exactly? like what makes that the choice, instead of remaking or making new wooly tails or other notably outdated /old looking stuff seldom used? why even redo them in the first place instead of doing new items with old existing theme sets? [/quote] The steam punk sets are some of the oldest apparel on site is probably why. The wooly apparel is a bit more cohesive with the rest of the site compared to the steampunk stuff. Honestly I vot.e no support on this. The staff haven't backed down on any of the other apparel revamps as and I doubt they will on this one either. Plus, where were all these meltdowns when tg hey changed the bows, or the western set? Those were probably a bit less popular so people didn't care as much....
Kapow wrote on 2019-09-07 13:18:54:

The steam punk sets are some of the oldest apparel on site is probably why. The wooly apparel is a bit more cohesive with the rest of the site compared to the steampunk stuff.

Honestly I vot.e no support on this. The staff haven't backed down on any of the other apparel revamps as and I doubt they will on this one either. Plus, where were all these meltdowns when tg hey changed the bows, or the western set? Those were probably a bit less popular so people didn't care as much....
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
i guess i always assumed it was a somewhat newer set, it didnt seem that outdated compared to some of the other old things.
i guess i always assumed it was a somewhat newer set, it didnt seem that outdated compared to some of the other old things.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
[quote name="Imperia" date="2019-09-07 06:53:45" ] I don't necessarily support not updating old apparel at all, but I do support having the updated stuff be more in-line with the stuff it's replacing. Obviously, when something is updated, it's not going to please everyone, but more effort should be taken that it's a lot closer to the original to avoid so many people being upset with what should be a really positive thing. [/quote] This is how I feel. There's a lot of perspective issues with apparel that I'd love to see fixed. But all too often, it seems as if a revamp is creating entirely different items rather than capturing the same aesthetic as the old. Eyes, steampunk wings, roundhorns...oy
Imperia wrote on 2019-09-07 06:53:45:
I don't necessarily support not updating old apparel at all, but I do support having the updated stuff be more in-line with the stuff it's replacing. Obviously, when something is updated, it's not going to please everyone, but more effort should be taken that it's a lot closer to the original to avoid so many people being upset with what should be a really positive thing.
This is how I feel. There's a lot of perspective issues with apparel that I'd love to see fixed. But all too often, it seems as if a revamp is creating entirely different items rather than capturing the same aesthetic as the old. Eyes, steampunk wings, roundhorns...oy
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Sorel" date="2019-09-07 13:25:57" ] [quote name="Kapow" date="2019-09-07 13:18:54" ] why steampunk items exactly? like what makes that the choice, instead of remaking or making new wooly tails or other notably outdated /old looking stuff seldom used? why even redo them in the first place instead of doing new items with old existing theme sets? [/quote] The steam punk sets are some of the oldest apparel on site is probably why. The wooly apparel is a bit more cohesive with the rest of the site compared to the steampunk stuff. Honestly I vot.e no support on this. The staff haven't backed down on any of the other apparel revamps as and I doubt they will on this one either. Plus, where were all these meltdowns when tg hey changed the bows, or the western set? Those were probably a bit less popular so people didn't care as much.... [/quote] They were there, believe me, but as you said, they were a bit less popular, but I do remember the outcry about changing the hanks, and the bows etc.. However, with the bows, we DID get forewarning, in the form of being able to vote (I am pretty sure?), so there may have been a bit less outcry due to that. But don't think that it is ONLY the steampunk apparel that people are upset about. They are upset about the round horn revamp, and it has been mentioned in these threads, and other revamps where they completely changed the looks of the apparel sets.
Sorel wrote on 2019-09-07 13:25:57:
Kapow wrote on 2019-09-07 13:18:54:

The steam punk sets are some of the oldest apparel on site is probably why. The wooly apparel is a bit more cohesive with the rest of the site compared to the steampunk stuff.

Honestly I vot.e no support on this. The staff haven't backed down on any of the other apparel revamps as and I doubt they will on this one either. Plus, where were all these meltdowns when tg hey changed the bows, or the western set? Those were probably a bit less popular so people didn't care as much....
They were there, believe me, but as you said, they were a bit less popular, but I do remember the outcry about changing the hanks, and the bows etc..

However, with the bows, we DID get forewarning, in the form of being able to vote (I am pretty sure?), so there may have been a bit less outcry due to that.

But don't think that it is ONLY the steampunk apparel that people are upset about. They are upset about the round horn revamp, and it has been mentioned in these threads, and other revamps where they completely changed the looks of the apparel sets.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I half-support this. I think it's a good idea to update things like line-weight and redraw obviously warped, copy-pasted apparel on certain breeds, but I think that should be done without changing the actual design (or colour! why must the colour change?!) of the apparel.
I half-support this. I think it's a good idea to update things like line-weight and redraw obviously warped, copy-pasted apparel on certain breeds, but I think that should be done without changing the actual design (or colour! why must the colour change?!) of the apparel.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
I fully support this (even if I don't own the older items) but how I see it the older more grungier sets for the steampunk looked so much better with nicer line-art and shading while the newer ones have different sizes and no shading. It almost looks like plastic
I fully support this (even if I don't own the older items) but how I see it the older more grungier sets for the steampunk looked so much better with nicer line-art and shading while the newer ones have different sizes and no shading. It almost looks like plastic
53732533.png
53371497.png
53545658.png
No support. It's important that the art stays consistent, however, I do think a poll/updates on how the apparel will look is the best way to go about things. Just look at what they did for the armor [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/preview_oldvsnew.jpg[/img] This is EXACTLY what they should do for future updates and gather feedback from the userbase instead of doing things all willy-nilly and completely ignoring art bugs.
No support. It's important that the art stays consistent, however, I do think a poll/updates on how the apparel will look is the best way to go about things.

Just look at what they did for the armor
preview_oldvsnew.jpg
This is EXACTLY what they should do for future updates and gather feedback from the userbase instead of doing things all willy-nilly and completely ignoring art bugs.
I kinda take back with what I said before, I now agree with the above comment
I kinda take back with what I said before, I now agree with the above comment
53732533.png
53371497.png
53545658.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7