Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA] Astrolodome Attenuation Adventure
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 27
[quote=Players][center] [b][i]Pinglist was here![/i][/b][/center][/quote] [center]Dawn Choice 4 has arrived, and it’s an important one! :D If you haven’t already, check out [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3057929/1#post_49010264]the new prize that was added[/url] to the top of the Participation Raffle! There may be a few more items joining the pool by the end of the week since we have so many people playing. We’re having a blast seeing you post your reactions! Thank you all for being so responsive. [emoji=heart] Now without further ado...[/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nOIujBi.png.png[/img] The best thing to do if you want to figure out what’s going on is [b]research[/b], so you head towards the [b][color=deeppink]Astrolodome Library[/color][/b] as quickly as you can. It’s not easy going. The festivities have clearly begun and you find yourself struggling through crowds of dragons, all chattering and having fun as they move between the stalls. You wish you could join them, but you can’t relax until you’ve figured out what is happening. Eventually, you get tired of squeezing along the streets and decide to take flight. Even the airways are bustling with activity, and the journey to the Library takes much longer than it ought to. You swoop down to the door and hurry inside. Everything is the same as it was last time you were here. You avoid [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3057929/9#post_49104044][b]Master Azodeus[/b][/url] at his reading bench—you definitely don’t want to get tangled up in conversation with him again!—and walk past the Tundra student poring over their study table. You don’t have time to risk talking to other patrons who may or may not be able to help. Briefly, you consider inquiring to the Nocturne librarian at the front desk, but after your conversation with Erasmus, you’re wary of involving anyone else until you have at least [i]semi-believable[/i] proof. You decide to head to the Astronomy section, since from what you have seen, the time loop is definitely connected to the comet. You wonder as you climb up the stairs if anything like this has ever happened before. If so, then when...? Where? ----- In the Astronomy section, you’re relieved to discover that there’s no one else around. You scan over the shelves and pull out a few books, searching for anything about three-tailed comets and comets with a magical charge. This comet is supposed to be an entirely new discovery, but after some determined snooping, you find a description in a [b]very old scientific treatise[/b] that you believe matches exactly. You keep reading, struggling to find meaning through the dense, old-fashioned language. It seems the old scholars noticed that when a three-tailed comet entered the skies above Sornieth, dragons in the [color=deeppink][b]Starfall Isles[/b][/color] suddenly started feeling as if they had already completed tasks that were not yet done, or felt that they had done things in the past when an experience should’ve been entirely new to them. The scholars conducted experiments, and throughout their trials, they discovered that areas with [b]more Arcane crystals were the most affected[/b] by this phenomenon! The scholars theorised that [b]magical emissions from the comet’s third tail interacted with the crystals[/b] that make up the Starfall Isles, causing [b]temporal disturbances[/b] for the dragons located there. The scholars don’t mention the Astrolodome at all, which seems like a terrible omission, until you realise: the comet’s last passage and all of their research probably happened [u]before[/u] the dome was even built. The dome of [i]crystalline arcglass.[/i] The effect they observed must now be amplified by the Astrolodome’s shield! You grin to yourself as you look up from the pages. You know what’s going on and what’s causing it. Now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to escape the cycle. ----- You’re about to read the rest of the book when a Wildclaw in librarian attire trots into the room and jumps when he sees you. “Oh! I didn’t know there was anyone up here, I just came to turn off the lights. We’re closing for the Festival, I’m afraid.” You groan disappointedly but allow the Wildclaw to lead the way out, hauling your stack of books with you to borrow. Even if you only get a few more minutes of reading in before the comet, you’ll take it! You bring the books out onto the Library steps and sit down underneath a shiny pink lamp. When you open them up again, some researcher’s notes fall out from between the pages. You grab them swiftly before they blow away under the feet of the crowd. Cheers ring out from some festivity-celebrating dragons, but you try to ignore them and peer at the notes. One of them has a library reference number and a title scribbled on it: [i]‘The Prophecies of something-something’.[/i] One of the sheets, you realise with surprise, is a page ripped directly from a book! It shows a diagram of the Astrolodome with several labels that are presumably explained overleaf. The bottom of the page reads: [i][b]‘The Spellbook of Charn’.[/b][/i] You flip it over, but before you can start to read, there’s a burst of light. You glance up and see that the dome is already filling with a bright pinkish hue, swirling with purple and blue as it spreads and grows. You turn back to the notes. Before you can even begin to understand the page behind the spellbook, there’s a blinding flash— [center][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][/center] —and when you blink open your eyes, you’re sitting in your ward circle, back in your room, Erasmus scribbling at his desk. You take a deep breath. At least now you know a bit more—namely that [b]the comet is definitely to blame.[/b] There’s no point in trying to talk to Erasmus right now, since he’s back to work on his paper, so you pick up your pearl and head downstairs. The Festival is once again being set up around you; all the same dragons that you have seen before are back in position. It’s almost comforting in its familiarity at this point, but now you feel a tinge of excitement. [center]How are you going to proceed?[/center] [center][b][size=5][url=https://forms.gle/2BUHP3sF3s8QodQA9][emoji=sun size=1] Dawn Choice 4 [emoji=sun size=1] What do you do?[/size][/b][/url] Make your choice via the Google Form linked above. This Choice will be open until [b]11am FR Time[/b] on Wednesday 29 September.[/center]
Players wrote:
Pinglist was here!
Dawn Choice 4 has arrived, and it’s an important one! :D

If you haven’t already, check out the new prize that was added to the top of the Participation Raffle! There may be a few more items joining the pool by the end of the week since we have so many people playing.

We’re having a blast seeing you post your reactions! Thank you all for being so responsive.

Now without further ado...
nOIujBi.png.png

The best thing to do if you want to figure out what’s going on is research, so you head towards the Astrolodome Library as quickly as you can.

It’s not easy going. The festivities have clearly begun and you find yourself struggling through crowds of dragons, all chattering and having fun as they move between the stalls. You wish you could join them, but you can’t relax until you’ve figured out what is happening. Eventually, you get tired of squeezing along the streets and decide to take flight. Even the airways are bustling with activity, and the journey to the Library takes much longer than it ought to.

You swoop down to the door and hurry inside. Everything is the same as it was last time you were here. You avoid Master Azodeus at his reading bench—you definitely don’t want to get tangled up in conversation with him again!—and walk past the Tundra student poring over their study table. You don’t have time to risk talking to other patrons who may or may not be able to help. Briefly, you consider inquiring to the Nocturne librarian at the front desk, but after your conversation with Erasmus, you’re wary of involving anyone else until you have at least semi-believable proof.

You decide to head to the Astronomy section, since from what you have seen, the time loop is definitely connected to the comet. You wonder as you climb up the stairs if anything like this has ever happened before. If so, then when...? Where?
In the Astronomy section, you’re relieved to discover that there’s no one else around. You scan over the shelves and pull out a few books, searching for anything about three-tailed comets and comets with a magical charge. This comet is supposed to be an entirely new discovery, but after some determined snooping, you find a description in a very old scientific treatise that you believe matches exactly. You keep reading, struggling to find meaning through the dense, old-fashioned language.

It seems the old scholars noticed that when a three-tailed comet entered the skies above Sornieth, dragons in the Starfall Isles suddenly started feeling as if they had already completed tasks that were not yet done, or felt that they had done things in the past when an experience should’ve been entirely new to them. The scholars conducted experiments, and throughout their trials, they discovered that areas with more Arcane crystals were the most affected by this phenomenon!

The scholars theorised that magical emissions from the comet’s third tail interacted with the crystals that make up the Starfall Isles, causing temporal disturbances for the dragons located there. The scholars don’t mention the Astrolodome at all, which seems like a terrible omission, until you realise: the comet’s last passage and all of their research probably happened before the dome was even built. The dome of crystalline arcglass. The effect they observed must now be amplified by the Astrolodome’s shield!

You grin to yourself as you look up from the pages. You know what’s going on and what’s causing it. Now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to escape the cycle.
You’re about to read the rest of the book when a Wildclaw in librarian attire trots into the room and jumps when he sees you. “Oh! I didn’t know there was anyone up here, I just came to turn off the lights. We’re closing for the Festival, I’m afraid.”

You groan disappointedly but allow the Wildclaw to lead the way out, hauling your stack of books with you to borrow. Even if you only get a few more minutes of reading in before the comet, you’ll take it!

You bring the books out onto the Library steps and sit down underneath a shiny pink lamp. When you open them up again, some researcher’s notes fall out from between the pages. You grab them swiftly before they blow away under the feet of the crowd. Cheers ring out from some festivity-celebrating dragons, but you try to ignore them and peer at the notes. One of them has a library reference number and a title scribbled on it: ‘The Prophecies of something-something’. One of the sheets, you realise with surprise, is a page ripped directly from a book! It shows a diagram of the Astrolodome with several labels that are presumably explained overleaf. The bottom of the page reads: ‘The Spellbook of Charn’.

You flip it over, but before you can start to read, there’s a burst of light. You glance up and see that the dome is already filling with a bright pinkish hue, swirling with purple and blue as it spreads and grows. You turn back to the notes. Before you can even begin to understand the page behind the spellbook, there’s a blinding flash—

—and when you blink open your eyes, you’re sitting in your ward circle, back in your room, Erasmus scribbling at his desk.

You take a deep breath. At least now you know a bit more—namely that the comet is definitely to blame. There’s no point in trying to talk to Erasmus right now, since he’s back to work on his paper, so you pick up your pearl and head downstairs. The Festival is once again being set up around you; all the same dragons that you have seen before are back in position. It’s almost comforting in its familiarity at this point, but now you feel a tinge of excitement.
How are you going to proceed?
Dawn Choice 4
What do you do?

Make your choice via the Google Form linked above.
This Choice will be open until 11am FR Time on Wednesday 29 September.
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
I feel like the Book of Prophecies will explain how this is happening, in a way, or give a clue with what to do with the Astrolodome or any crystals reacting to the comet. Meanwhile, The Spellbook of Charn will likely be technicalities of the dome itself. You can learn the names of different pieces and what they do, but likely won't know what to do with that information to stop the comet from messing with the dome itself, at least without outright breaking the dome somehow.

I'm voting for the prophecy book. We'll likely learn what exactly is going on with the comet, and it could be proof enough something is wrong to bring to the attention of others for help. A diagram of the dome may not be enough, but word of older scholars about this phenomenon might. And with that information, we'll likely learn what must be done to the crystals reacting to the tail. You can always ask others about specifics of the dome. You can't ask what to do when it reacts to a comet tail and sets a time loop as easily.

So tl;dr, I'm voting for the book with info you can't just ask anyone about instead of the astrolodome diagram, which other dragons likely know something about if we can't get to the other book in time. Also because "What part of the astrolodome does this?" is an easier question to ask than "I need to find _____ on the astrolodome, and I don't know what to do with it."
I feel like the Book of Prophecies will explain how this is happening, in a way, or give a clue with what to do with the Astrolodome or any crystals reacting to the comet. Meanwhile, The Spellbook of Charn will likely be technicalities of the dome itself. You can learn the names of different pieces and what they do, but likely won't know what to do with that information to stop the comet from messing with the dome itself, at least without outright breaking the dome somehow.

I'm voting for the prophecy book. We'll likely learn what exactly is going on with the comet, and it could be proof enough something is wrong to bring to the attention of others for help. A diagram of the dome may not be enough, but word of older scholars about this phenomenon might. And with that information, we'll likely learn what must be done to the crystals reacting to the tail. You can always ask others about specifics of the dome. You can't ask what to do when it reacts to a comet tail and sets a time loop as easily.

So tl;dr, I'm voting for the book with info you can't just ask anyone about instead of the astrolodome diagram, which other dragons likely know something about if we can't get to the other book in time. Also because "What part of the astrolodome does this?" is an easier question to ask than "I need to find _____ on the astrolodome, and I don't know what to do with it."
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69422914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/694230/69422914_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Wednesday - AM[/i][/center] "Aha, just what I was looking for!" Abdul says with a triumphant grin. His smile fades, however, as he considers what to do during the next time loop. He isn't sure talking to the authorities will help -- after all, if they'd known about this or believed it to be true, surely they would have anticipated the temporal anomalies? And he isn't sure if the Spellbook will help. [i]"I'm not even sure I have a complete grasp of the situation yet. Perhaps reading the prophecies will give me a better understanding."[/i]
69422914_350.png
Wednesday - AM

"Aha, just what I was looking for!" Abdul says with a triumphant grin. His smile fades, however, as he considers what to do during the next time loop.

He isn't sure talking to the authorities will help -- after all, if they'd known about this or believed it to be true, surely they would have anticipated the temporal anomalies? And he isn't sure if the Spellbook will help. "I'm not even sure I have a complete grasp of the situation yet. Perhaps reading the prophecies will give me a better understanding."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Oooh. Spellbook of charn!
Oooh. Spellbook of charn!
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
YES!!!
Ok. Off the bat, we know that “The Spellbook of Charn” relates to the astrodome, but we don’t know what “The Prophecies of ___” book contains, or if it’s even relevant. I honestly feel like both are important, so if possible we should check the other book during dusk choice.

I’m voting for the spellbook, as learning how the astrodome works (or whatever the book entails) could help us figure out the loop.
YES!!!
Ok. Off the bat, we know that “The Spellbook of Charn” relates to the astrodome, but we don’t know what “The Prophecies of ___” book contains, or if it’s even relevant. I honestly feel like both are important, so if possible we should check the other book during dusk choice.

I’m voting for the spellbook, as learning how the astrodome works (or whatever the book entails) could help us figure out the loop.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
I'm voting for the Book of Prophecies! The dragon who took these notes found it important enough to write it down, and the Spellbook of Charn seems to just be where this dragon found their info leading to the prophecies, so I'm not sure how much more information can be gathered.
I'm voting for the Book of Prophecies! The dragon who took these notes found it important enough to write it down, and the Spellbook of Charn seems to just be where this dragon found their info leading to the prophecies, so I'm not sure how much more information can be gathered.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
Go for the book!
Go for the book!
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
Go for the book!
Go for the book!
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
@Leucoss NO I'M NOT THANKS FOR ASKING
jk, I just find it hilarious how I've been asking to go to the library to look up that book since the first day but the general consensus apparently wanted ANYTHING BUT THAT :'D

BUT WE'VE FINALLY MADE IT WE MADE IT TO THE LIBRARY YES IS THIS THE REAL LIFE ;____;

Okay, so I'm saying let's look for the book on Prophecies, it has a library reference number so even if we don't have the complete title we should be able to find it. I suspect that if more than that sole page from the Spellbook had useful information on what's going on, the book would also be referenced, instead of there only being a single page pulled out--plus, if they only have a single copy, that page won't be in there anyway.

There's a good chance we'll need to check out both eventually, though, but the Spellbook seems more on the technical side of things, which I'd leave until we get a clearer picture on things.
@Leucoss NO I'M NOT THANKS FOR ASKING
jk, I just find it hilarious how I've been asking to go to the library to look up that book since the first day but the general consensus apparently wanted ANYTHING BUT THAT :'D

BUT WE'VE FINALLY MADE IT WE MADE IT TO THE LIBRARY YES IS THIS THE REAL LIFE ;____;

Okay, so I'm saying let's look for the book on Prophecies, it has a library reference number so even if we don't have the complete title we should be able to find it. I suspect that if more than that sole page from the Spellbook had useful information on what's going on, the book would also be referenced, instead of there only being a single page pulled out--plus, if they only have a single copy, that page won't be in there anyway.

There's a good chance we'll need to check out both eventually, though, but the Spellbook seems more on the technical side of things, which I'd leave until we get a clearer picture on things.
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
25 minutes left on today's Dawn Choice ...!
25 minutes left on today's Dawn Choice ...!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 27