Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA] Astrolodome Attenuation Adventure
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26 27
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69422914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/694230/69422914_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Thursday - AM[/i][/center] As the world clears, Abdul lets out a long, slow breath. He looks up at the familiar ceiling. "What now?" he mumbles, ignoring Erasmus scribbling away at the desk. He wonders if he ought to gather the ingredients and equipment-- [i]"But it'd still be useless if I had no one to cast the spell with."[/i] He's not sure if Erasmus would take kindly to being coaxed away from his essay (again), and he also isn't sure if approaching the mages in the library would be a good idea. [i]"After all, I have absolutely no idea who they are or how skilled they'd be."[/i] Ditto for random passersby outside. He figures going to the Professor would be a safer bet. She seemed more inclined to believe him, and she would most likely know other dragons skilled enough to cast the spell. He briefly considers speaking with the authorities, but isn't sure how much headway he'd be able to make with them. [i]"Plus they've probably got their paws full with the festivities. I'm not sure they'd even have time to sit and talk with me."[/i] ----- Edit: @SocklessWonder Hi there! I'm on the Google Form rn and am trying to click "Recruit dragons... > Your Professor", but it instead takes me to "Recruit dragons to help you cast the spell > Erasmus". Looks like a few wires got crossed here?
69422914_350.png
Thursday - AM

As the world clears, Abdul lets out a long, slow breath. He looks up at the familiar ceiling.

"What now?" he mumbles, ignoring Erasmus scribbling away at the desk. He wonders if he ought to gather the ingredients and equipment-- "But it'd still be useless if I had no one to cast the spell with."

He's not sure if Erasmus would take kindly to being coaxed away from his essay (again), and he also isn't sure if approaching the mages in the library would be a good idea. "After all, I have absolutely no idea who they are or how skilled they'd be." Ditto for random passersby outside.

He figures going to the Professor would be a safer bet. She seemed more inclined to believe him, and she would most likely know other dragons skilled enough to cast the spell.

He briefly considers speaking with the authorities, but isn't sure how much headway he'd be able to make with them. "Plus they've probably got their paws full with the festivities. I'm not sure they'd even have time to sit and talk with me."

Edit:
@SocklessWonder Hi there! I'm on the Google Form rn and am trying to click "Recruit dragons... > Your Professor", but it instead takes me to "Recruit dragons to help you cast the spell > Erasmus". Looks like a few wires got crossed here?
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Whoops, sorry about that! The form should accept the choice you actually want to make now. Thanks for letting us know.
@Disillusionist Whoops, sorry about that! The form should accept the choice you actually want to make now. Thanks for letting us know.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@/Lundlaeva Thanks for looking into it! Voting now ^^
@/Lundlaeva Thanks for looking into it! Voting now ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55947321][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/559474/55947321_350.png[/img][/url] Maple decides instinctively, prioritising between finding items and finding recruits - finding recruits nets her more dragons to find items. So where can she find a ready supply of competent spellcasters in a hurry? She remembers the mages in the library... and heads directly there - she'll find the items quicker with the whole team helping procure them asap!
55947321_350.png
Maple decides instinctively, prioritising between finding items and finding recruits - finding recruits nets her more dragons to find items.
So where can she find a ready supply of competent spellcasters in a hurry?
She remembers the mages in the library... and heads directly there - she'll find the items quicker with the whole team helping procure them asap!
qDkA25S.png
Ahhhh your Professor definitely believed you there at the end and was going to tell you something VERY IMPORTANT.

I think it's possible that instead of the meteor's magic going through the glass by making it more permeable, the intention is to sort of reverse engineer the spell so you achieve the opposite effect--aka strengthen the shielding and glass. Of course the comet's magic might be way too strong, and it passing through might be the safest course of action after all...

Okay, so we should definitely start off by recruiting help. If there's a group of us, it would speed along other things such as searching for ingredients and equipment for the spell. I think the group of dragons would refer to the arguing mages in the library.

Your Professor would definitely be good to get on board as well, however. But she did specify a group of dragons. Maybe with her being a professor it would be easier to gather up dragons? It seems she's more inclined to believe you, I think even now the loop's reset. She seems like the type that if you would lay out all the facts to her, and include the fact that you came to her with that specific spell, would put the pieces together and help you.

So... I'm torn. It's possible those mages are trying to work on the time loop, it's also possible they're arguing about a thesis they're co-authoring and wouldn't give you the time of day. Your Professor seems again like the safer option, especially because if she's on board she could use her authority to recruit other dragons & procure the necessary items. So I'll vote for her for now.
Ahhhh your Professor definitely believed you there at the end and was going to tell you something VERY IMPORTANT.

I think it's possible that instead of the meteor's magic going through the glass by making it more permeable, the intention is to sort of reverse engineer the spell so you achieve the opposite effect--aka strengthen the shielding and glass. Of course the comet's magic might be way too strong, and it passing through might be the safest course of action after all...

Okay, so we should definitely start off by recruiting help. If there's a group of us, it would speed along other things such as searching for ingredients and equipment for the spell. I think the group of dragons would refer to the arguing mages in the library.

Your Professor would definitely be good to get on board as well, however. But she did specify a group of dragons. Maybe with her being a professor it would be easier to gather up dragons? It seems she's more inclined to believe you, I think even now the loop's reset. She seems like the type that if you would lay out all the facts to her, and include the fact that you came to her with that specific spell, would put the pieces together and help you.

So... I'm torn. It's possible those mages are trying to work on the time loop, it's also possible they're arguing about a thesis they're co-authoring and wouldn't give you the time of day. Your Professor seems again like the safer option, especially because if she's on board she could use her authority to recruit other dragons & procure the necessary items. So I'll vote for her for now.
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
Gathering ingredients and equipment would be easier with more dragons doing it, so recruiting dragons to help is a good idea. The dragons would not only need to be willing, but also be able to. Even if we ask around outside and find those who are willing to cast the spell, they might not have the skill or ability to.

Considering how it says a group of dragons, the mages may be the answer. However, the group may dismiss us as they are busy or just not interested, and our professor looked like she had something to tell us at the end there (whether it be disbelief at the time loop, to tell us that our plan wouldn’t work, or something else).

I think we should try asking the group of mages for help, so I’ll be voting for them. If that doesn’t work, the professor is our next likely option.
Gathering ingredients and equipment would be easier with more dragons doing it, so recruiting dragons to help is a good idea. The dragons would not only need to be willing, but also be able to. Even if we ask around outside and find those who are willing to cast the spell, they might not have the skill or ability to.

Considering how it says a group of dragons, the mages may be the answer. However, the group may dismiss us as they are busy or just not interested, and our professor looked like she had something to tell us at the end there (whether it be disbelief at the time loop, to tell us that our plan wouldn’t work, or something else).

I think we should try asking the group of mages for help, so I’ll be voting for them. If that doesn’t work, the professor is our next likely option.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
NICE! Thoufh the reversal part is.. interesting. Well, They can do after everything is fixed right?

Also, we know where to recruit.

BUT NOT where the items are. Let's try that first
NICE! Thoufh the reversal part is.. interesting. Well, They can do after everything is fixed right?

Also, we know where to recruit.

BUT NOT where the items are. Let's try that first
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
Fifteen minutes until the previous Choice closes, everybody! (Yet again, it is ridiculously close.)
Fifteen minutes until the previous Choice closes, everybody! (Yet again, it is ridiculously close.)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[quote=players]Snip![/quote] Folks, we had our first actual tied result of the CYOA! How exciting is that?! It was between [i]three[/i] options, too. :O I used Google's random number generator to decide which path you went down, and here it is ... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/nOIujBi.png.png[/img][/center] Your Professor told you you’d need a group of dragons to have any hope of casting the Astrolodome Attenuation Spell successfully. Rather than flit about talking to dragons you know one at a time, you decide to [b]head back to the Library[/b] where you saw the [b][color=deeppink]mages[/color][/b]. If you can convince them, you might have enough dragons for the spell to work! You tell Erasmus you’ll see him later and set off towards the Library once again. The route to the library is exactly the same as last time: the sky and the streets filled with dragons enjoying the Festival. The crowds are getting tedious now, but having done this before gives you a distinct advantage. You reach the library and hurry inside. It’s not any less bizarre to find everything the same as it was last time you came in: Master Azodeus doing his reading, the Tundra student hard at work, and Kells sorting books behind the front desk. You shake your head at the weirdness and wind your way deep into the Library towards the Spellcraft section. You’re surprised to hear raised voices as you get nearer to the reading room. You’re here at a different time, of course, but it seems strange that they would be shouting now and disagreeing in whispers later. Maybe a librarian is going to come and tell them off …? “We have to do something!” cries one of the dragons in the reading room. You can’t see any of them yet. You pad closer to the door. “No, we don’t,” snaps a second voice. “Serenity, we’ve been over this! You were so scared of the practical test tomorrow — and now we have all the time we could possibly want to revise for it!” Your jaw drops. You can’t believe it. Have you accidentally stumbled upon a group of mages who actually know about the time loop? “[i]And[/i] we’ll have time to enjoy the Starfall Celebration too!” says a third dragon. “It’s win-win for us if we let it just carry on.” “But it’s wrong!” the first voice protests, just as you burst through the reading room door. The dragons inside jump and look around. There are five of them: a Coatl, an Obelisk, a Wildclaw, a Mirror and a Fae, all wearing matching robes in mint green and gold. They are also [i]much[/i] younger than you assumed when you heard them in the last loop. You guess they’re probably student mages, given their appearance and the mention of a test earlier. “What are you doing here?” the Coatl asks, jumping to her feet. “Do you know about the time loop?” you blurt out — you’re too excited to tiptoe around the subject. The other dragons all start babbling at once until one of them, the Obelisk, flares out her wings and hisses, “SHH! This is a Library! We’re going to get kicked out — earlier than usual, I mean!” You recognise her voice: one of the others called her Serenity. A buzzing silence falls as she turns towards you. “You know we’re looping too?” she asks in a whisper. “Yes — and I think I’ve found a way to stop it. The time loop is caused by magical energy emitted by the comet reacting with the arcglass. I’ve found a spell that — I [i]think[/i] — will let it pass straight through without affecting the arcglass,” you quickly explain. “I need more dragons to cast it, though. Will you help?” The student mages look at one another. “Of course we will,” Serenity says forcefully a moment later, glaring at her friends. The others look less certain. “But … I really need more practice with the spells they’re testing us on tomorrow,” the Mirror says, glancing warily at you and then flashing Serenity what he clearly hopes is an apologetic smile. “He’s right,” the Wildclaw agrees. You realise that theirs was the second voice you heard, the one that tipped you off that they know about the loop. They continue: “We should be taking advantage of the extra time.” “But what if we don’t do something, and then tomorrow never comes?” the Coatl hums. “Woah, do you really think that might happen? I don’t want to be stuck in this day forever,” the Mirror says nervously, glancing between the Coatl and the Wildclaw. “Passing a test isn’t worth that! We won’t even get to [i]take[/i] the test!” The four of them start bickering again over what they ought to do, continuing the argument from earlier — and possibly from the previous loop, too. Serenity shakes her head and gets to her feet to come over to you. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1963239&skin=0&apparel=2503,20843,23737,23149,23109,17905,17929,23108,491,20596&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “I’m really sorry about them. We all kind of messed up when it comes to this practical exam, and the loop seemed like a really good way for us to fix our problem. At least, it did at first,” she explains. “How come you know what’s going on when no one else does?” you ask. “I was practicing wards and I guess that must have protected me …” “We have no idea,” the Obelisk shrugs. She looks around and gestures at the hefty chunks of crystal inscribed with runes that form the structural pillars of this part of the library. “But if you were protected by wards, hmm … maybe it’s because we were in the Spellcraft section? This bit of the library is pretty heavily enchanted to dampen all magic inside — to discourage dragons from casting spells in here, you know?” You didn’t know that, but it makes sense. “Lucky you were in here then.” Serenity smiles. “I guess so. Listen, if you’re found a way to stop the loop, I think we should do it before it’s too late, and I want to help. I can probably convince this lot to join us, too.” You grin at Serenity: you have secured the help of at least [i]one[/i] dragon and — even better — she’ll remember you in future loops! Now you just need to decide what your next step is going to be ... [center][b][size=5][url=https://forms.gle/PHQy9Wog4NebhXDz8][emoji=full moon size=1] Dusk Choice 5 [emoji=full moon size=1] What do you do?[/size][/b][/url] Make your choice via the Google Form linked above. This Choice will be open until [b]11pm FR Time[/b] on Thursday 30 September.[/center]
players wrote:
Snip!

Folks, we had our first actual tied result of the CYOA! How exciting is that?! It was between three options, too. :O I used Google's random number generator to decide which path you went down, and here it is ...
nOIujBi.png.png

Your Professor told you you’d need a group of dragons to have any hope of casting the Astrolodome Attenuation Spell successfully. Rather than flit about talking to dragons you know one at a time, you decide to head back to the Library where you saw the mages. If you can convince them, you might have enough dragons for the spell to work!

You tell Erasmus you’ll see him later and set off towards the Library once again. The route to the library is exactly the same as last time: the sky and the streets filled with dragons enjoying the Festival. The crowds are getting tedious now, but having done this before gives you a distinct advantage. You reach the library and hurry inside.

It’s not any less bizarre to find everything the same as it was last time you came in: Master Azodeus doing his reading, the Tundra student hard at work, and Kells sorting books behind the front desk. You shake your head at the weirdness and wind your way deep into the Library towards the Spellcraft section.

You’re surprised to hear raised voices as you get nearer to the reading room. You’re here at a different time, of course, but it seems strange that they would be shouting now and disagreeing in whispers later. Maybe a librarian is going to come and tell them off …?

“We have to do something!” cries one of the dragons in the reading room. You can’t see any of them yet. You pad closer to the door.

“No, we don’t,” snaps a second voice. “Serenity, we’ve been over this! You were so scared of the practical test tomorrow — and now we have all the time we could possibly want to revise for it!”

Your jaw drops. You can’t believe it. Have you accidentally stumbled upon a group of mages who actually know about the time loop?

And we’ll have time to enjoy the Starfall Celebration too!” says a third dragon. “It’s win-win for us if we let it just carry on.”

“But it’s wrong!” the first voice protests, just as you burst through the reading room door.

The dragons inside jump and look around. There are five of them: a Coatl, an Obelisk, a Wildclaw, a Mirror and a Fae, all wearing matching robes in mint green and gold. They are also much younger than you assumed when you heard them in the last loop. You guess they’re probably student mages, given their appearance and the mention of a test earlier.

“What are you doing here?” the Coatl asks, jumping to her feet.

“Do you know about the time loop?” you blurt out — you’re too excited to tiptoe around the subject.

The other dragons all start babbling at once until one of them, the Obelisk, flares out her wings and hisses, “SHH! This is a Library! We’re going to get kicked out — earlier than usual, I mean!”

You recognise her voice: one of the others called her Serenity. A buzzing silence falls as she turns towards you.

“You know we’re looping too?” she asks in a whisper.

“Yes — and I think I’ve found a way to stop it. The time loop is caused by magical energy emitted by the comet reacting with the arcglass. I’ve found a spell that — I think — will let it pass straight through without affecting the arcglass,” you quickly explain. “I need more dragons to cast it, though. Will you help?”

The student mages look at one another.

“Of course we will,” Serenity says forcefully a moment later, glaring at her friends. The others look less certain.

“But … I really need more practice with the spells they’re testing us on tomorrow,” the Mirror says, glancing warily at you and then flashing Serenity what he clearly hopes is an apologetic smile.

“He’s right,” the Wildclaw agrees. You realise that theirs was the second voice you heard, the one that tipped you off that they know about the loop. They continue: “We should be taking advantage of the extra time.”

“But what if we don’t do something, and then tomorrow never comes?” the Coatl hums.

“Woah, do you really think that might happen? I don’t want to be stuck in this day forever,” the Mirror says nervously, glancing between the Coatl and the Wildclaw. “Passing a test isn’t worth that! We won’t even get to take the test!”

The four of them start bickering again over what they ought to do, continuing the argument from earlier — and possibly from the previous loop, too. Serenity shakes her head and gets to her feet to come over to you.
scry?sdid=1963239&skin=0&apparel=2503,20843,23737,23149,23109,17905,17929,23108,491,20596&xt=dressing.png
“I’m really sorry about them. We all kind of messed up when it comes to this practical exam, and the loop seemed like a really good way for us to fix our problem. At least, it did at first,” she explains.

“How come you know what’s going on when no one else does?” you ask. “I was practicing wards and I guess that must have protected me …”

“We have no idea,” the Obelisk shrugs. She looks around and gestures at the hefty chunks of crystal inscribed with runes that form the structural pillars of this part of the library. “But if you were protected by wards, hmm … maybe it’s because we were in the Spellcraft section? This bit of the library is pretty heavily enchanted to dampen all magic inside — to discourage dragons from casting spells in here, you know?”

You didn’t know that, but it makes sense. “Lucky you were in here then.”

Serenity smiles. “I guess so. Listen, if you’re found a way to stop the loop, I think we should do it before it’s too late, and I want to help. I can probably convince this lot to join us, too.”

You grin at Serenity: you have secured the help of at least one dragon and — even better — she’ll remember you in future loops! Now you just need to decide what your next step is going to be ...
Dusk Choice 5
What do you do?

Make your choice via the Google Form linked above.
This Choice will be open until 11pm FR Time on Thursday 30 September.
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
They’re aware of the loop!!

Ok, so there are 5 dragons (6 including us) that can cast the spell. I hope that’s enough. I wonder if later on we can check more areas that are meant to dampen magic or something for other who are aware of the loop. It also may be worth it to talk to our professor, but in another loop during dawn time as by the time we convince her (if we can) we’ll likely loop back again.

Considering the group listened to Serenity when she told everyone to be quiet, I think she can convince them, so staying to help convince them may be pointless or make things worse.

I also find it interesting that the book of prophecy showed up again, considering that some other options disappear after we choose something else, so that may be important.

However, I think we should locate the ingredients and equipment. Even though we may not have time to use them in this loop, we will still know where and how to get them in later loops.

Sorry that this post is a bit of a mess.
They’re aware of the loop!!

Ok, so there are 5 dragons (6 including us) that can cast the spell. I hope that’s enough. I wonder if later on we can check more areas that are meant to dampen magic or something for other who are aware of the loop. It also may be worth it to talk to our professor, but in another loop during dawn time as by the time we convince her (if we can) we’ll likely loop back again.

Considering the group listened to Serenity when she told everyone to be quiet, I think she can convince them, so staying to help convince them may be pointless or make things worse.

I also find it interesting that the book of prophecy showed up again, considering that some other options disappear after we choose something else, so that may be important.

However, I think we should locate the ingredients and equipment. Even though we may not have time to use them in this loop, we will still know where and how to get them in later loops.

Sorry that this post is a bit of a mess.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26 27