Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA] Astrolodome Attenuation Adventure
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26 27
I voted library too! I think we better know how to focus our search now!
I voted library too! I think we better know how to focus our search now!
Since we seem to be the only dragon who knows what's going on, it seems more likely that we'll find answers at the library than anywhere else- asking anyone else may just lead to more dead ends.
Since we seem to be the only dragon who knows what's going on, it seems more likely that we'll find answers at the library than anywhere else- asking anyone else may just lead to more dead ends.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
This is your one hour warning, folks: get your Choices in!
This is your one hour warning, folks: get your Choices in!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[quote=players]Formerly a long pinglist![/quote] I am [i]loving[/i] all the commentary on what you want to do and why ... I wish I could reply, but: spoilers! Don't forget to check out all the options available to you in the Choice forms each day ... [img]https://i.imgur.com/nOIujBi.png.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1934789&skin=0&apparel=23723,17901,30054,17910,17925,17919,17892,23146,20596,439,20847,20847&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] You dispel your ward and turn to [b][color=deeppink]Erasmus[/b][/color], who is hunched over his desk in the corner, surrounded by stacks of tomes and what seems like thousands of scraps of paper, his quill scribbling across a scroll at high speed and his tense frills pulled back. “Erasmus, I need to talk to you,” you tell him. You can’t quite keep a note of panic out of your voice. “What?” he snaps without looking up from his notes. “I’m busy.” “I know, but this is important. I think I’m — [i]we’re[/i] stuck in some kind of time-loop! I’ve experienced today twice already! At least, this bit of it. From now until the comet arrives.” That gets him to lift his head. He stares at you with narrowed pink eyes. “This isn’t funny, you know.” “I’m not trying to be funny! I’m telling you that the Astrolodome is reliving the same chunk of time over and over again!” you cry, jumping to your feet. “Why are you doing this? You know how much work I have to do today,” he says, his voice rising into an anguished wail. “I don’t have time to listen to this nonsense, I have a paper to finish!” “You have plenty of time!” you shout. “Because [i]we’re in a time loop[/i]!” Erasmus’s frills flare and then pull back. “Listen: I don’t care about whatever prank you’re trying to pull. I have another —” he pauses to scrabble at the parchment he’s writing on “— two feet of scroll to write and I have [i]no idea[/i] what I’m going to say in conclusion! If I want to stand any chance at all of getting this done so I can actually enjoy Starfall, I need to concentrate! And not have you making stuff up about time loops!” “But I’m not making it up,” you start, but Erasmus holds up a hand, his right frill twisting down in anger. “No,” he snaps. “I am [i]busy[/i].” With that, he turns back to his desk and carries on writing, grumbling to himself under his breath. You’re so frustrated that he refused to listen that you grab your pearl and sweep out of the room, slamming the door behind you. By the time you reach ground level, you’ve calmed down a little. It’s not Erasmus’s fault that he doesn’t know anything is amiss — he’s far from the only one. Every dragon you can see seems perfectly calm as they go about their business, unaware of the time loop they are caught up in. You wonder how you managed to escape it. Was it the wards you were practicing …? And are you the only one who knows this is happening? You have so many questions, but the most pressing one is: what do you do next? [center][b][size=5][url=https://forms.gle/X8KbHXdXzwajshbXA][emoji=full moon size=1] Dusk Choice 3 [emoji=full moon size=1] What do you do?[/size][/b][/url] Make your choice via the Google Form linked above. This Choice will be open until [b]11pm FR Time[/b] on Tuesday 28 September.[/center]
players wrote:
Formerly a long pinglist!

I am loving all the commentary on what you want to do and why ... I wish I could reply, but: spoilers! Don't forget to check out all the options available to you in the Choice forms each day ...

nOIujBi.png.png
scry?sdid=1934789&skin=0&apparel=23723,17901,30054,17910,17925,17919,17892,23146,20596,439,20847,20847&xt=dressing.png

You dispel your ward and turn to Erasmus, who is hunched over his desk in the corner, surrounded by stacks of tomes and what seems like thousands of scraps of paper, his quill scribbling across a scroll at high speed and his tense frills pulled back.

“Erasmus, I need to talk to you,” you tell him. You can’t quite keep a note of panic out of your voice.

“What?” he snaps without looking up from his notes. “I’m busy.”

“I know, but this is important. I think I’m — we’re stuck in some kind of time-loop! I’ve experienced today twice already! At least, this bit of it. From now until the comet arrives.”

That gets him to lift his head. He stares at you with narrowed pink eyes. “This isn’t funny, you know.”

“I’m not trying to be funny! I’m telling you that the Astrolodome is reliving the same chunk of time over and over again!” you cry, jumping to your feet.

“Why are you doing this? You know how much work I have to do today,” he says, his voice rising into an anguished wail. “I don’t have time to listen to this nonsense, I have a paper to finish!”

“You have plenty of time!” you shout. “Because we’re in a time loop!”

Erasmus’s frills flare and then pull back. “Listen: I don’t care about whatever prank you’re trying to pull. I have another —” he pauses to scrabble at the parchment he’s writing on “— two feet of scroll to write and I have no idea what I’m going to say in conclusion! If I want to stand any chance at all of getting this done so I can actually enjoy Starfall, I need to concentrate! And not have you making stuff up about time loops!”

“But I’m not making it up,” you start, but Erasmus holds up a hand, his right frill twisting down in anger.

“No,” he snaps. “I am busy.”

With that, he turns back to his desk and carries on writing, grumbling to himself under his breath. You’re so frustrated that he refused to listen that you grab your pearl and sweep out of the room, slamming the door behind you.

By the time you reach ground level, you’ve calmed down a little. It’s not Erasmus’s fault that he doesn’t know anything is amiss — he’s far from the only one. Every dragon you can see seems perfectly calm as they go about their business, unaware of the time loop they are caught up in. You wonder how you managed to escape it. Was it the wards you were practicing …? And are you the only one who knows this is happening?

You have so many questions, but the most pressing one is: what do you do next?
Dusk Choice 3
What do you do?

Make your choice via the Google Form linked above.
This Choice will be open until 11pm FR Time on Tuesday 28 September.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Voted library again- talking to more dragons doesn't seem like it will be of much help considering how ludicrous the time loop sounds.
Voted library again- talking to more dragons doesn't seem like it will be of much help considering how ludicrous the time loop sounds.
Aged Tome she/her
FR+3
wishlist
Alright normally I'd be casting my vote for going to the library; there was that one piece of paper tucked in the textbook from day 1 iirc, (even though I don't think we made that particular decision so maybe our Main Character won't be able to find it). BUT. I'm really curious if that guardian might have also been through these days before! Here's hoping I didn't vote for a red herring :3c
Alright normally I'd be casting my vote for going to the library; there was that one piece of paper tucked in the textbook from day 1 iirc, (even though I don't think we made that particular decision so maybe our Main Character won't be able to find it). BUT. I'm really curious if that guardian might have also been through these days before! Here's hoping I didn't vote for a red herring :3c

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
I AM SO GLAD WE DIDN'T GO TO THE LIBRARY AND WASTED OUR MORNING ON THAT INSTEAD THAT WAS SUPER USEFUL [img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg2.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20131012002732%2Fvampirediaries%2Fimages%2Ff%2Ff7%2FHadesCool.gif[/img] [size=2]/quiet sobbing[/size] I vote for asking the Guardian to MEET UP IN THE LIBRARY [s]tomorrow[/s] [s]yesterday[/s] today morning. Okay I changed my vote from library to Guardian based on what people were saying and now I'm going back to library since it seems enough people are now aware of the Suspiciously Specific note from back in day 1 DO NOT LET ME DOWN GUYS PLS ;;
I AM SO GLAD WE DIDN'T GO TO THE LIBRARY AND WASTED OUR MORNING ON THAT INSTEAD THAT WAS SUPER USEFUL

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg2.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20131012002732%2Fvampirediaries%2Fimages%2Ff%2Ff7%2FHadesCool.gif

/quiet sobbing

I vote for asking the Guardian to MEET UP IN THE LIBRARY tomorrow yesterday today morning.

Okay I changed my vote from library to Guardian based on what people were saying and now I'm going back to library since it seems enough people are now aware of the Suspiciously Specific note from back in day 1 DO NOT LET ME DOWN GUYS PLS ;;
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
HMM> I' m a bit sad we didn't stay to to get some proof that we time travel. But it's panic mode. Maybe discovering something about the comet itself might be usefull? Searching in the library later with the info we get from observing!

TO THE TELESCOPE!
HMM> I' m a bit sad we didn't stay to to get some proof that we time travel. But it's panic mode. Maybe discovering something about the comet itself might be usefull? Searching in the library later with the info we get from observing!

TO THE TELESCOPE!
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
Voting for the telescope this time - talking to other dragons doesn't seem helpful, and the library didn't do much last time we went there. Maybe getting a better look at the comet will help us figure out what to do.
Voting for the telescope this time - talking to other dragons doesn't seem helpful, and the library didn't do much last time we went there. Maybe getting a better look at the comet will help us figure out what to do.
Na5WGHa.png
Library time! It seems to be the only option with a solid lead (the note in the book), and although another dragon may have the experience or knowledge needed to help, they will more than likely just lead to more dead ends like with Erasmus, and it'll be unlikely that we have enough time or luck to get the right one. The telescope might not offer much more help either since we are generally unexperienced with this kind of stuff, and will probably be unable to apply what we see.
Library time! It seems to be the only option with a solid lead (the note in the book), and although another dragon may have the experience or knowledge needed to help, they will more than likely just lead to more dead ends like with Erasmus, and it'll be unlikely that we have enough time or luck to get the right one. The telescope might not offer much more help either since we are generally unexperienced with this kind of stuff, and will probably be unable to apply what we see.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26 27